Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scorpius

Whats the Spirit of Pking?

lol thats what i meant in the other topic here that i think its odd it tells me im using the left part

of my brain mainly. seems like im not able to express what i want to say in english lol :wacko::D

i wasnt referring to the situation between our guild either.

meh now with all that i forgot what i wanted to say lol.. will prolly come back into my mind in a sec

again..

You said :

when i first looked at the hottie there it turned counterclockwise..

pretty confusing since im not much using logic and stuff.. plus im maybe good

in my own language but still have bits of problems with other languages...

counterclockwise = right part of the brain, read it again, I think you have problems with languages :omg:

hmmmmm since I am new to PK this topic made me think about my reasons.

For me, I always thought PK was ebul...you were all just nasty people who had nothing better to do. I guess that opinion came from my first guild, the many lovely people I met there and thier pk policy. Then *R* happened :mace:. As our (the guild) friendship with *R* grew we got to know the pkers on a personal level, they were great guys and explained thier choice to pk in detail, not just a "hahah coz I want to NOOB".

At that point we started KF fun on no drops day and had a huge amount of fun...I got to know Blee, PKG, Die! and S&S and thier attitude towards PK impressed me. So we took the plunge and thank you to those fighters that helped us with tips :hehe: we still die but not so often *g*

So now, PK is for fun, YES if a friend attacked me I would take it personally (unless its no drops then we dont care :omg: ) friends are meant to have your back not stab it :D I happily attack people with double my a/d to help a friend/ally and really don't care if I die, loose pk points whatever. Its all about the fun. The prep and planning makes it even more fun, planning stratergies when you are in a group etc. And to be honest I enjoy a group on group fight over a one on one anyday. Its faster, you have to change stratergy part way through, one second to late on casting magic immunity can change the entire fight etc. And if you can walk away from the fight with a "nice one" or a "great fight, thanks" then even better.

And funny little ig's JOKING about dying add to the fun IMO, never bitch about dying if you in pk but most guilds are happy to get joking messages iged after death. the "hahaha you died...NOOB" I am pretty sure they can live without though :wacko:

Wolfy

lol thats what i meant in the other topic here that i think its odd it tells me im using the left part

of my brain mainly. seems like im not able to express what i want to say in english lol :wacko::D

i wasnt referring to the situation between our guild either.

meh now with all that i forgot what i wanted to say lol.. will prolly come back into my mind in a sec

again..

You said :

when i first looked at the hottie there it turned counterclockwise..

pretty confusing since im not much using logic and stuff.. plus im maybe good

in my own language but still have bits of problems with other languages...

counterclockwise = right part of the brain, read it again, I think you have problems with languages :omg:

errr....

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

i didnt looked before.. maybe im wrong and please correct me if so.. counter- and anticlockwise is the same

or? this would mean if i saw it turning anticlockwise i use the left part more?

god thats so confusing and embarassing lol -______-'

I was talking with Scorpius about partly the new players take on pk, and the old guards approach.

(Found we share the same opinion basically)

The point of the combat maps is just that, to fight, to have fun. Most of the time after a pk\fight you are

force to counsel a player in a mini emotional breakdown. "Why did you attack me :blink: ",

"What did I ever do to you :cry: ". I suspect these same people, playing a first person shooter will

scream,"Why did you shoot me :cry: I was just cleaning my rifle, Ive never shot at you!" or maybe

that don't because they actually realize its the point of that genre of game?

I do see and think most of the old fighters\pkers (In how long they have played and not in grey hair :P)

understand its about fighting, saying thanks for the battle and moving on. The newer players seem to think

its about talking trash from the safety of a non pk map, ad nauseum.

( Levinmage is a great example of a player pking for fun. On the previous NDD, he dove into KF and fought

4-5 people at once, surviving the melee to come back moments later. Never an insult and nothing but

polite thank yous for the fun. Ive fought him once 1v1 before and after he was again polite, and said "good

fight" Definitely a model for all players to follow. )

I do see two sides of combat in this game and approach them differently.

First one is combat against other strong fighters, and\or the guilds they represent. Vikings against Vikings.

Second is pk, for me, Its coming out of the shadows and killing the victim in ~8 seconds if possible. The

"boogieman" in a roleplay sense that appears like a monster in the night. The complaints of "thats not fair"

but honestly its not the point to be fair, vampires need blood :happy:

It is a RPG, a roleplay game.

[sidenote my short history]

I installed this game year ago + while at work completely bored and stuck on a problem I couldn't see

the solution to at the time. I looked for a free rpg that was GPL and found Eternal Lands. I played at first as

a merchant dwarf until I got the pk bug. I used my gc to power level once I realized I needed 100ad+ to

really do well in pk. I tried other games thinking I was missing out on something "much cooler" somewhere

else and honestly I found that I like nothing as much as EL. Also the rest of them won't allow me to

afk at work, EL does, without it I could not loaf properly B)

[/end]

My spirit of Pking, is not doing any of the other endless things in EL.

For me, it's the only real skill out there.

ALL SHOULD GO PK SERVER, WHEN ITS UP AND RUNNING, TIME TO HAVE FUN!

Edited by Manderijn

NDD with [NL] helps a great deal here.

Masses of my guilds enemies apear out of the wood work only when Ambro/Sia or Summoned red dragon is there to hide behind. Then only will they slither out and try back stab me. Most just diss and runaway when they get owned even then. To me better to die to large numbers of enemies than to sit outside a pk map flamming shit to players.

I have more respect for those that fight the impossible fight to the diss or death than for those that ONLY who fight when they know they are safe. Some of the DP pkers have more balls than the people with 120+ a/d Players.

Dunno what your prob is, I see a lot of people only coming into PK when accompanied by higher-lvls.

So don't try and make [NL], or me for that matter, look bad.

Besides, I personally don't see the fun in fighting a fight you can't win and I think it's just stupid. Why would I attack you, if I know I won't strike a decent hit anyway. This is also why I don't go to the NDD invasions, but then again, it's just my opinion.

Oh, and I don't play only when I'm safe, if I did that, I'd never go to TD at night knowing TooMass might be there. Like last night, I escaped narrowly. :x

Anyway, stop insulting me, I don't give you random shit (anymore? :happy:) either.

-Blee

Guest ohmygod
Dunno what your prob is, I see a lot of people only coming into PK when accompanied by higher-lvls.

yes and you are one of them. dont take it personally there are many others too.

I personally don't see the fun in fighting a fight you can't win and I think it's just stupid.
I have more respect for those that fight the impossible fight to the diss or death than for those that ONLY fight when they know they are safe.
Oh, and I don't play only when I'm safe, if I did that, I'd never go to TD at night knowing TooMass might be there. Like last night, I escaped narrowly. :x

lol the wana be ambusher got ambushed. My bet is that if you KNEW he was there you would have not been.

yes and you are one of them. dont take it personally there are many others too.

lol the wana be ambusher got ambushed. My bet is that if you KNEW he was there you would have not been.

I'll take both of those as insults. You don't know how I PK and it's not *my* fault you know there are 10+ people in KF and then run in, if you're only doing so to call yourself "brave".. ok sure.. but you only make yourself look like a fool to me. ;/

In fact, I group with [NL] on the NDDs but aside from those days, you're gonna have to look quite far and wide to see me in company of others.

As for TooMass in TD, I'm very well aware of the risks I take and I double-check players online before I go there. I knew he was online and possibly there. It's a calculated risk I take. Coward?

You don't know me, so stfu or think twice before ya speak. :happy:

Now let's stop the flames ok, pm me ingame if your mouth really has a need to spawn more shit dung.

-Blee

:/ no1 here Pkd properly when it was most fun, I say bring back O EF HC and V wars - most fun ;>

(spirit was about having fun, those alliances changed loads back then, one moment i'd be running through KF as fast as I could with pedro chasing me, next i'd be helping him prwn some EF pplz, even after being enemies, friends, enemies again, we were still friends when he left.)

Edited by Deified

I do however enjoy nnd it's hard to get mad when you don't loose anything :)

:) I concur

I find that the more I sit on my computer mixing or harvesting the less fun it becomes.

:) I agree

But anyways... I pk to kill enemies and we have many :)

...we? :devlish:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

Some of the DP pkers have more balls than the people with 120+ a/d Players.

Can't say I have ever slithered or stabbed you in the back ... can't say I have "more balls" ;) bigger maybe... :blush: Frankly for some it takes bigger ballz to get up and go to work every day.

I think sometimes people do take PK too seriously. This may be the depth of the game making the RP part "realistic" enough that people feel personally attacked when a PKer jumps them. Also, the guilds, economy, chatting, etc. make it more than just a game. I call it an "online community" when I describe it to non-ELers. ;)

I've participated in PK contests, and walked through KF, TD, and such on NDD. I have to admit I'm one of those people who likes to stack the odds in my favor. But then again, I've been attacked by many while training in PK maps and killed by a few too. I remember after dying to Dushan, PMing him with "Can you save my DB please? rofl!" PL and [NL] have teamed me and won. To them I say, "Gratz, good teamwork!"

I don't take it personally when I'm attacked, and don't bitch when I die. But I do keep score. :devlish: It would be nice to see more people take PK a little less seriously and just enjoy its fun.

:/ no1 here Pkd properly when it was most fun, I say bring back O EF HC and V wars - most fun ;>

(spirit was about having fun, those alliances changed loads back then, one moment i'd be running through KF as fast as I could with pedro chasing me, next i'd be helping him prwn some EF pplz, even after being enemies, friends, enemies again, we were still friends when he left.)

u forgot PL, *CO* and CA$H :]

well im trying not to look at the past. and thats what it is about in this topic. i remember when i didnt pk yet

and ran through kf, there were always ppl.. no matter what time i went in there. im very aware of that fact.

my spirit of pking is having fun :D i really don't care about pk points ^^ but i like the extra bonus i get when i kill someone and he drops me his armors :D but what i don't like is 5 100's++ a/d ppl ganging me while i was 40's , that is ebul :(

edit : typos :o

Edited by Peach

For me its about the fun.

Just fighting other guilds with your guildies or roam a pk map now and then.

I attack almost everybody..just not some friends or some friendly guilds.

I dont mind dying (of course better not to).

I dont mind to get attacked...even if its friends...its pk...in a bloody game...what do you expect?

I do mind to get broded...and will brod back...altho i dont like it or that it is ingame.

Pki does give me motivation...drops are (very) rare so its nice to get at least smth for a kill.

I dont like whiners.

Well..this sums the "spirit" of pk up for me, personally :o

Dont pk as much anymore as i used to tho...except for NND ofcourse.

Guest ohmygod

Frankly for some it takes bigger ballz to get up and go to work every day.

LOL?

You know the last time I replyed to your comment about this matter both our posted got deleted. If you were not quick enough to read it then I cant be bothered to retype my previous answer.

Attacking the RL socio economic status of players is a boardering on offensive in my opinion. I think i have only attacked people on thier in game actions and never focused on RL issues they may have.

Oh by the way when i pk someone they never pm me saying "why did you do that???" because they know why already :)

Edited by ohmygod

hehehe well you both lets drop your private topic.

And well omg

Oh by the way when i pk someone they never pm me saying "why did you do that???" because they know why already :D

i hope you dont mind if i dont wonder lol :)

Anyways im pretty amazed there are actually alot of ppl out there sharing the same oppinion.

but also ambro made me remember one thing too lol ^^ the random brods.. i just hate that as

well.. i have one myself, never used it yet cuz the persons that actually deserve it from me i never

see in pk... but i think some would need to have a good reason to brod.. randomly broding would maybe

make radu happy, but not much of the player imo

Guest ohmygod

Dont start me on brod ettiqute :)

But anyways, and im sure peperspay will be glad to hear as it seemed the only thing that he worries about, I have to go to work.

cu's in 7 hours 15 min.

hey hey this topic is here to talk everything out :P Anonymous PKing Addicts :P

Nah really if you have something to say just let it go ^^ im interested in :P

hey hey this topic is here to talk everything out :devlish: Anonymous PKing Addicts :whistle:

Nah really if you have something to say just let it go ^^ im interested in :)

I hope by this statement you're including those of us with stats too low to PK in EL, but before anyone asks "why are you posting here? You don't PK!" let me hedge off those questions by stating that I do play a lot of PK games and I love PKing. I PK for the challenge, the thrill, and to test my ability. Just not in EL.

Before I say anything, let me make it very clear that:

1. I have never PMed anyone to whine about being PKed.

2. I don't take it personally when I get PKed, and would hope that no one would take it personally if someday they ran into me and got PKed.

3. I can't wait for the PK server!

I can't PK in EL becuase I'm 34/35. The best I can do (and what I usually do) is PM a friend and then run all over teh God's creation looking for a nice quiet PVP spot. I am what feels like years away from ever being in a position to attack anyone just for fun. (And yes, in other games I do think that's fun.) I'd get my ass handed to me on a silver platter.

This is annoying and takes all the joy out of PKing. I know that DP arena was created with my needs in mind, but far too many people there take advantage and suck the fun out of it. Fun PK happens when you can attack an opponent with relative assurance that you at least stand the chance of fighting for more than 5 seconds. I've won a few fights in DP, only to be IMMEDIATELY killed by some jackass in full dragon and p/c 40/60. The lesson being that if you want to PK, don't bother doing anything else in the game.

And yet, I always hear people complain that there's no one on such-and-such map and no one PKs anymore. The solution is simple: if you can kick everyone else's ass in DP, leave. Move on. Instead of jumping me as soon as I win, celebrate it. Instead of casting harm on me because (and this is an actual statement) you "got tired of watching the fight," let me train. PK takes more than just the right levels; it takes practice. Instead of grabbing TS pots to go PK, try a rosto and a new location.

The purpose of DP is to allow newer players the chance to get in there and have fun with it, too. Eventually we will gain levels and armor and be a fair opponent, but only if we're given a place and option to fight at our level.

The EL community is very effective at identifying negative or undesirable behavior and weeding it out. If this attitude were extended to PK arenas as well, there would be (IMO) far more people venturing into these arenas on normal days. As a general courtesy code, if you see someone in DP with no CoL fighting in leather, leave them to fight their equals, or wait for them to venture onto PK maps (which we do :D).

Until then, I'll have to be satisfied with hunting down my housemates in Golden Eye ('cause we're oldshool like that :D).

I only pk at DP during no drop days, and being as I cannot attack I just wander around until someone attacks me. I rarely TS, and when I do I must admit I do go a bit power crazy with killing people.

Though I do find it rather annoying that some higher leveled players go to DP, stand in the arena, and asked to be attacked, and to call someone a n00b when they say no. I myself do ask for a battle on occasion, but if they say no, hey, no problem.

I'm not quite high enough to PK in TD or KF yet, though I can PK in NC cave sometimes. But I do enjoy going to DP to fight these high p/c people, and owning them sometimes. It gives me a warm feeling inside. :)

Of course if i say pk i also mean the dp pker :whistle: it would be unfair to leave em out, i would even accept

oppinions of ppl not beeing a pker at all as long as you really thought about what youre posting :D

Non the less i see the dp arena problem, i sit there myself quite alot when i dont have anything else to do.

just watching it sometimes makes me wanna puke. not only their attitude but the whole stuff around it with

only gearing up for DP, always wanting to stay there.

Of course the most ridiculous thing is the highlevels calling the mere dp pkers noobs when they dont att.

Well i sit myself in there sometimes, asking if someone wants to att me with weapon while im naked. but

thats just for the fun of it and i wouldnt mind getting a no :devlish:

Dont see a way to change it actually but its sad.. if that goes on like it is there wont be much newcomers to

kf and other other places. so higher lvl pk may just die.. but i wont draw the devil on the wall.

Anyways im not trying to find a solution to the problems. im interested in oppinions.. :)

The solution is simple: if you can kick everyone else's ass in DP, leave. Move on.

The problem is alot of top 100s have "dp alts". Those alts have zero plans to do anything but slaughter

dp pkers ad infinitum. Originally I think it was to have something else to do when pk in the rest of el

died down. But now I think its just to frustrate dp pkers into leveling past that arena.

i always get an adrenaline rush and when i PK sum1 i dnt like it makes me feel better and even better on NDDs when im fightn most ppl i cant get/lose any pki coz im still too low for it :) and thats the same problem i had when i was DP pr0 70 coord was hard to mess with and even when i wasnt @ DP like @ NDD i could still pwn most 60-90+ a/d and was fightn every1 lol, but now im on reset but on my way back to the good days :>

hmmm my spirit used to be for fun...till i got pked to many times now i just study youtube about el pks so i can be better w/o losing my rosts and armor lol i would be the neeblet that would finnaly forget to cast mi btw omg ive attked you and lost b4 i c no prob w/ trying my best in pk i only gain exp if i hit (which i didnt i dont think) lol any ways we will meet on pk srvr that way i can have fun once again have fun hope to see all my friends and enemys there omg i say pk while the pkings good cause im omw lol j/k have fun peace :o