Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scorpius

Whats the Spirit of Pking?

Well after i talked yesterday to robotbob a bit and thought about all that today i was wondering what you

ppl think is the true spirit of pking, or what your personal spirit of pking is.

What i mean is.. what do you go pking for? do you really only focus on the drops and pk points. do you take

it personal if a friend attacks you to have fun. do you take pk personal at all or do you just wanna have fun

with competing against other players.

My own Spirit of Pking is that i dont go out to get pk points or drops, even tho of course that as a little extra

is always welcome, but not needed. i am fine with enemies diss/tele me, and im also fine with enemies

killing me, after all i can just learn out of that. i dont pk for personal issues i have with someone, even tho

there are some ppl im looking for to pk sometimes :) but after all its just a game for me and i like

to test my strenght with others and learning out of my faults.

Why i put this Topic up? Well i noticed over the past few month whenever i pked someone or made someone

diss/tele they asking me why i did that. my explanation that im trying to have fun mainly doesnt seem to

reach the mind of my opponement (sp? lol.. i have problems with that word :confused: ).

So sometimes i attack personal friends to test myself against them, some of em know i do it for the fun

and for the excitement, then on the other side most are totally shocked and think i dont like em anymore

and stuff.

Basically this is what makes me wonder what other pker think about what the Spirit of PK for themselfs is.

To see if there are more ppl sharing my oppinion, or having a completely different one. Getting together

all the different oppinions in one post.

Sincerly,

Scorp

Edited by Scorpius

I would say for me I like to pk to have fun, and test myself. Endless mixing and harvesting gets a little boring, so it is fun to go out and try to pick a fight. That is, I believe, what we are all out there trainning for.

I typically like to PK for the enjoyment of it, although I do try and keep myself from dying/losing pk points too often. The absolutely worst part of pk'ing is when someone gets sad/upset about me killing them since it completely ruins any fun that I was having. There are not many people (I hope) who derive pleasure/enjoyment out of someone complaining/being upset that they died. So if you die in pk, please don't complain excessively or throw a fit because it really takes the fun out of it.

Edited by LevinMage

yes thats why i basically ask. it destroys the fun for me if somebody is sad/upset about me attacking

him/her. Sure i could just #ignore, but i never ignored someone longer than a day and i dont wanna start

that now.

For me, when I do pk, I find fun in the adrenaline rush. Potting up, MI then stepping in the arena or map, knowing you will either kill or be killed. The whole risk is fun as well, now that we have pk points. I do sometimes attack others I know who are stronger then me, just to test them, and it has turned out a couple of times to bad the very wrong decision. Pking is fun on NDD's, I usually even out with kills/deaths. I don't know, its the whole uncertainty that makes it fun for me. Though I do not like it when my friends "test" me... :brooding: ... it brings down my trust in them quite a bit; It happened to me a couple times during this last NDD, and no, it wasn't fun.

Edited by Saint

Hmmm....the Spirit of pking...

When I pk, I get an adrenaline rush. I start shaking and shat lol. But still yet, I go to have fun. I dont go to talk trash even though when some do, i may return a word or two. Its fun just to go and see who you can kill. If i die, i dont complain, i usually congratulate the person unless they pm me first with some bs bragg. As scorp said, if I die, i know not what to do next time. I try and learn from my mistakes.

All and all, pk is a great way to take a break from all other skills and just have some fun.

When you go PK you wanna prove you are better then someone.

Maybe its not always possible when you find some chars that are realy above yours, but when you find someone that match your stats and fight for real... its a realy nice fight, losing or winning you got your adrenaline on top and enjoy the fight.

When you win you gets realy happy about yourself and consider it a good job!

My spirit of pk is to go out and have fun win or lose

If I die then so be it , as long as the person who killed me fought in what I take as a fare way (not using a brod) then losing is not an issue.

If you die its normally because you either made a mistake or shock horror someone has a stronger char than you and I will not "trash " talk anyone just because there char is better, good luck to them , gives me an incentive to train more

Edited by conavar

I just like the excitement and a nice pki. I try to have a lot more wins then losses. NDD with [NL] helps a great deal here. :stare:

And there's just a lot of people I need to get my hands on, be it now or later. They're all in my kills list now anyway.. but beating them 1on1 is what I aim for then later on.

And the person who (since my counter started sometime last year, dunno exact date) has killed me most has equal death count from me on his list. :brooding: And those are mostly 1on1, iirc. :mean: Too bad Ulubatli uses brod now, so I don't fight him anymore. ;p

-Blee

I't s hard to find pk on ordinary days - usually i find Tomass or OMG and they only assure me a quick trip to hell, if i can't dis fast enough. I agree with others it takes all the fun out of pk when someone gets mad at you for killing them, or they pm you to gloat..

I do however enjoy nnd it's hard to get mad when you don't loose anything :brooding:

Nice idea for a topic :brooding: um well pking for me is the thrill of it all! watching fights doing fights running killing and having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pk because to me I get a rush, especially getting so close to death and finding ways out of it. I guess I just like being out there battling other live players to see their reactions.

I myself get a kick out of all the "bad" personal messages I get.

I find that the more I sit on my computer mixing or harvesting the less fun it becomes. I go out to pk to take a stress relief, it's fine if I die just makes me mad that I need to harvest more. It's mainly something that actually takes some strategy to do and i love strategy style things. It's fun to fight differnt people and makes the game much mroe interesting

The adrenaline rush must be somthing male ;) , it make me feel cold as ice and calculating like playing chess.

For me - to kill dragons or draegonis, giants or gnomes - it's the same.

I want to know if I can.

And like I don't hunt rabbits, do I usually not hunt mercury or hydro harvesters.

I like 1vs1 fights, it's why I usually go to NC arena.

And it's possible to go afk outside the PK-area here :P

For some reason do I get very few "bad" PMs, most of them are very nice.

I like 1vs1 fights, it's why I usually go to NC arena.
Same here, in non-MC PK arenas you get to really see if you're stronger than your opponent or not. There is still teamwork in arenas also; diss catching. It probably takes more coordination and teamwork than in MC PK maps. I also get a winning feeling when 2 or more stronger people are catching my disses and i still manage to get out of the arena, you dont win the fight but you still beat their strategy.

To answer the actual question; I enjoy fighting people around my levels so good weapon/armor/med/pot selection strategy means something. I like the PK points system and I do PK for points, and item drops are still a welcome bonus.

I've never complained to someone after they'd PK'ed me. As for people who do bitch when killed and ask stupid questions like "why u att me?!", well, PK is fun and part of the game. I am friends with some people in-game but still fight them in PK, Scorp can attest to that :omg: ...because, as i said, PK is fun :D

There is still teamwork in arenas also; diss catching. It probably takes more coordination and teamwork than in MC PK maps. I also get a winning feeling when 2 or more stronger people are catching my disses and i still manage to get out of the arena, you dont win the fight but you still beat their strategy.

Same here, to get out cooldowned, fleeing several times is the best part.

Guest ohmygod
So sometimes i attack personal friends to test myself against them, some of em know i do it for the fun

and for the excitement, then on the other side most are totally shocked and think i dont like em anymore

and stuff.

I only attack red tagged guilds, unless i am helping a guildie or allied guild member.

When having friendly fights with non enemy guilds i ALWAYS ask before hand, not just catch their diss or kill thier summons while they fight multiple enemies like mrs_drty seems to have a habit of doing.

But anyways... I pk to kill enemies and we have many :omg:

NDD with [NL] helps a great deal here.

Masses of my guilds enemies apear out of the wood work only when Ambro/Sia or Summoned red dragon is there to hide behind. Then only will they slither out and try back stab me. Most just diss and runaway when they get owned even then. To me better to die to large numbers of enemies than to sit outside a pk map flamming shit to players.

I have more respect for those that fight the impossible fight to the diss or death than for those that ONLY who fight when they know they are safe. Some of the DP pkers have more balls than the people with 120+ a/d Players.

Edited by ohmygod

hehehe maybe you or i understood each other wrong. i didnt meant that i att friendly or ally tagged guilds.

it was about that i fight against personal friends of mine from time to time :D

Of course if its declared before to NOT att each other then i dont. but the default status is that i would most

likely att em cuz as it is now, the most ppl i see in pk are either personal friends of mine or friendly/ally

tagged guilds :omg:

Plus i have to agree with zami and korrode.. well im still roaming kf and other multi combat maps every day

but thats mainly because you only see single persons from time to time (of course only if its NOT NDD).

so i prefer the straight 1on1 too. I think thats the best way to see what you need to improve on your

strategies.

Guest ohmygod

I edited my above post.

Plus i have to agree with zami and korrode.. well im still roaming kf and other multi combat maps every day

but thats mainly because you only see single persons from time to time (of course only if its NOT NDD).

so i prefer the straight 1on1 too. I think thats the best way to see what you need to improve on your

strategies.

In 1v1 you just flee so the weaker noob can catch you, this gives you time to recover your mana till he diss then fight the stronger enemy waiting for you again. repeat this a few times till some noob forgets to cast MI, drain the crap out of them diss and kill them :omg:

Edited by ohmygod

hehehe depends how you see it :omg: when i fight ppl like you its for me like i would fight alone vs 8 others in

kf :D what i mean is to find out the tricks about how using your pots and spells efficiently, especially against

an stronger enemy. So my try is most likely to stand as long as possible in a fight with an stronger enemy.

I was almost about to say that its maybe cooler if you have the right stats that you go into kf with having

fun getting multied. but for me thats not the case :wacko:

I have more respect for those that fight the impossible fight to the diss or death than for those that ONLY who fight when they know they are safe. Some of the DP pkers have more balls than the people with 120+ a/d Players.

wow lol well i cant speak for myself cuz every 120+ mainly attacks me on side. i guess you speak outta the

experience you made. anyways, i only start the fight to the diss/death when i know the other person (and im

happy there are some around) will be a fair one to fight with. even with every loss, i get stronger, at least in

experience.

Guest ohmygod

I was not refering to your guild Scorpius. Most of your members have earned my respect and is the reason why i have not YET red tagged your guild even though Mrs_drty continues to push her luck with me.

lol thats what i meant in the other topic here that i think its odd it tells me im using the left part

of my brain mainly. seems like im not able to express what i want to say in english lol :D:omg:

i wasnt referring to the situation between our guild either.

meh now with all that i forgot what i wanted to say lol.. will prolly come back into my mind in a sec

again..