Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Predownload the Windows update, and Linux data

Some games are over 2GB :D

I believe later someone will make EL torrent which makes splitting into parts natural, no need to split 50 MB into smaller pieces imho

Edited by vytukas

no need to split 50 MB into smaller pieces imho

Some people might not even want to download the sound. Many people never even downloaded the music. If we put that all into one package it would be a waste of traffic for those who never use them. So it's optional.

no need to split 50 MB into smaller pieces imho

Some people might not even want to download the sound. Many people never even downloaded the music. If we put that all into one package it would be a waste of traffic for those who never use them. So it's optional.

One more reason to leave the missing sounds warnings out of the error log :D

I don't know about anybody else, but I never used the sound just because I was to lazy to bother with downloading it seperately. I did eventually, but there may be others that don't use the sound just because they are lazy or don't want to bother with downloading it and putting it in the correct files etc.

*sigh* stop arguing please ^^

The question was do I have to download the sounds, the answer was no.

But to Enly's point, I think that is quite common too. The old reason for not having the sounds in the main download, I thought, was due to a range of possible sound packages. And indeed the game does attempt to cater for those with dial-up and lower spec PCs.

Now the sounds are more integrated into the game, perhaps there will simply be a "download game with official sounds" link some day :) Since the size isn't too different and the amount of work gone into it is not likely to be comparable to alternatives.

Thanks for all the work for this update and I'm really looking forward to the directional sounds in my headphones. See you all on the other side of install :)

Now the sounds are more integrated into the game, perhaps there will simply be a "download game with official sounds" link some day :) Since the size isn't too different and the amount of work gone into it is not likely to be comparable to alternatives.

The size IS different, one is 30 mb, the other is 70 mb.

Sorry Ent, I meant compared to the 350 Mb games that still require splitting. As you pointed out above, with broadband and modern browsers and such.