Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SkyHigh

Make tailoring clothes weightless

Just throwing a thought out there,

I think the clothes from tailoring should be weightless so we can wear them harvesting without negative effect, plus our normal clothes weigh nothing why should the taloring clothes. I can just see a bunch of well dresed harvesters minning away :D

I think the clothes from tailoring should be weightless so we can wear them harvesting without negative effect, plus our normal clothes weigh nothing why should the taloring clothes. I can just see a bunch of well dresed harvesters minning away :)

Have you ever seen a weightless clothes? No? Neither did I :D Bad idea IMO...

i agree it should be weightless because the way it is now the only time people show off their pretty new clothes is when they are AFk at a storage

I disagree, i sacrifice part of my inventory to wear clothes all the time :)

One thing i don't understand however, is how the clothes can have absolutely no protection against the cold :D

One thing i don't understand however, is how the clothes can have absolutely no protection against the cold :)

Unless you have Gore-tex, fleece and microweave clothing, nothing will protect you from arctic temperatures like in iscarlith or irinveron :)

Well if leather boots can keep us warm, seems like a tunic should be able to :)

Edited by Enly

It sounds like another version of "Empire's New Clothes". Weightless, transparent... let's run nekkie o/

I think the clothes from tailoring should be weightless so we can wear them harvesting without negative effect, plus our normal clothes weigh nothing why should the taloring clothes. I can just see a bunch of well dresed harvesters minning away :P

I completely agree, especially with the bolded part.

Well how do we know we wouldn't all have 10 more emu if we could somehow be naked? I don't think the base character clothes can really be compared to tailored clothes. Every item has weight except gc. And in my opinion even gold coins should have some sort of weight, even if its like 1 emu for 10k.

So along your line of thinking, leather/aug boots should be weightless because our base boots are.

Essences should be weightless because sigils are

books should be weightless because the end knowledge is...

None of those things make any sense, nor does having tailored clothes be weightless because our base clothes are. Having tailored clothes weightless doesn't make sense period

None of those things make any sense, nor does having tailored clothes be weightless because our base clothes are. Having tailored clothes weightless doesn't make sense period

I don't see the logic in this. Is ther eany reason that tailored clothes should weigh more than standard ones? Of course, leather armor would weigh more, and strong fighting boots (they give more protection than standard boots, so of course they would weigh more) but I don't see the same in tailored clothes. Whatever the hypothetical weight of ordinary clothes, you wouldn't wear both and so I can't see why the load from tailored clothes would be more.

From a roleplay, gameplay or common sense view, it doesn't make sense to penalise people for wearing different clothes

My thought is that the EL clothes we come in are painted on like pants are painted on action man, this is so the game isn't x-rated with everyone walking around naked. Painted on clothes would be weightless. Extra clothes are put on over these, rather than replacing the original ones.

Edited by Lu06

I agree people walking around completely naked would ruin the game especially those people living with parents

What about people living with children?

I agree people walking around completely naked would ruin the game especially those people living with parents

Your children have never seen a naked human being?

Your children have never seen a naked human being?

pr0 logic

what about our parents. Haven't they seen anybody naked, yet?

Well this has drifted :icon13:

I think that it doesn't make sense for the clothes to be weightless, kinda unfair--after all they're worth a lot of money and then it's unfair that people can carry expensive goods with no EMU price, plus bots will be able to do so, and so on, plus its unrealistic to make them weightless.

BUT. I do wish there was another way to provide incentive to wear clothes around EL besides just showing off. Unless that ends up being worth it. :hiya: Perhaps some cold protection like someone mentioned earlier, or maybe wearing dark clothes makes it harder to see you at night, or maybe the clothes can have some other mostly unimportant effect.

...or maybe the clothes can have some other mostly unimportant effect.

Yeah, looking damn good (in my case at least ;) ). Unimportant, yet, it's worth;p