Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
popeye

Could we raise food level?

Hi, I was wondering if it'd be possible for the developers to raise the ingame food level. It would be a nice improvement for alchemists/manufacturers. Maybe a perk we could spend a combination of pickpoints and gold coin on? ex: 3 pickpoints and 10k Gc <just an example of one possible combination> Food level increase could be around 70-120. This would help the mages/fighters as well, for those with the FR perk/cape. Or maybe a Medallion of Feasting/Crown of feasting. Price would be comparable to MOL and COL's already in game. Any consideration is much appreciated. And any alternate suggestions.

Have you looked in Suggestions forums, you would found similar or even almost the ame suggestions as yours.

Not speaking of the fact, this is NOT Suggestions forums, but General Chat.

Have you looked in Suggestions forums, you would found similar or even almost the ame suggestions as yours.

Not speaking of the fact, this is NOT Suggestions forums, but General Chat.

What topic would that be under? I didn't see it :blink::confused:

The restriction on the amount of food is there on purpose to slow down the manu process some. Anything that raises that would require a lot of other balancing in the game.

You *CAN* get up to 55 food via feasting potions and through bones/toadstools, I use that to my advantage all the time :D

And as for the suggestion, after the length of time I've played EL, I think it should stay put. If the food max rises, the economy would go to hell and if you can get it with PP, there would start to become a massive gap between the rich and the poor in a sense

Is there really any situation that an increased max food level would be a big boost? I am not that high in any skill, but while running out of food is a bottleneck, you still can only top up 50 at a time with FP, 10 with toads/bones, 20 with fruits etc, and they all have their cooldown / other drawbacks.

In other works, say you have 200 food, you can make a few more items from full food till zero, but from there you have the same problems as always - cooldown, poisoning etc In short, I guess I am saying it is cooldown on food that causes the problems, not the relatively low maximum food level.

Is there really any situation that an increased max food level would be a big boost? I am not that high in any skill, but while running out of food is a bottleneck, you still can only top up 50 at a time with FP, 10 with toads/bones, 20 with fruits etc, and they all have their cooldown / other drawbacks.

In other works, say you have 200 food, you can make a few more items from full food till zero, but from there you have the same problems as always - cooldown, poisoning etc In short, I guess I am saying it is cooldown on food that causes the problems, not the relatively low maximum food level.

I will turn your question back. Is there a really need of doing it if the change is so insignificant?

I'm for this idea.

I believe a raise in food level would not effect the economy too much. People already do use toadstools/bones - I've used both but now I'm mainly on bones - to raise their food level to 55.

It would also be nice if (for instance) making a CoL didn't put your food level in the negatives. I once seen a five minute conversation between a newbie and a moderator on the general help channel; the newbie was insiting she could not craft a CoL (when she got to that level) as it put her in the negative food points.

I agree with Kheres, increasing food level is not going to be beneficial overall. There will be fluctuations that need to be balanced in the economy and for what? Making it a little easier for manufacturers.

On the other hand, I support the idea of adding a perk that increases food level slightly, requiring pp only as gold would be easy for the pros to obtain but pp is in some ways much easier for newbs to gain than it is for pros. No cape either, pros will once again gain an advantage if a cape was implemented.

edit: added info.

Edited by serialpain

Is there a really need of doing it if the change is so insignificant?

That was kinda what I meant to say. I guess you took it to mean otherwise!

I was going to add that if there was a perk costing 1 PP that gave you, say 200 max food (fat guy perk?) Then I wouldn't waste a PP on it!

Is there a really need of doing it if the change is so insignificant?

That was kinda what I meant to say. I guess you took it to mean otherwise!

I was going to add that if there was a perk costing 1 PP that gave you, say 200 max food (fat guy perk?) Then I wouldn't waste a PP on it!

The way you've put it above made me doubtful whether you say that the change is not that important so devs should go for it or the change is not important enough to give it a go :o

My fault, then.

It's all about game balance, if the food level is raised to 100 then one bite from an apple will take eight minutes to swallow (or however the balance may fit.)

I'm just glad to know, as a dwarf, with the new update, my belly's gonna get bigger! (In appearance only!) :o

Maybe a third type of food to go over the limit with.... we have toadstools and bones with their own limitations, how about honeycomb from beehives? It could have any of a number of possible limitations from harvesting constrictions, to bee stings, to attracting aggressive bears! How about Thanksgiving Dinner Pots that last 65 food points but slow down your mixing.... until you AFK at random moments!

Edited by Mugwump

First off I don't mean to offend or insult the greatness of what we currently have within EL, or any one else opinions, ideas, or beliefs. If something I say is offensive, hurts, or enrages, I apologies now. The below idea is in an attempt to improve a game which is already good. My comments are not meant cause a flame war or any other kind of trolling. They are just comments to help improve EL.

I'm not starting a new topic, I'm just bring'en an old topic back. I did do my research.

With that said:

I've been wanting to have a new perk "Fat Perk" 3pp + 10,000 gold. your food level increases to 120. PP's and gold should be enough to balance it out. There is already a massive divide between the rich and the poor, it's call fighting. They get massive experience and high valued item drops starting by the time they are able to kill female orcs. Therefore, 10,000g shouldn't be causing any more of a divide.

If you want to make "Fat Perk" a negative perk then -3pp costs no money and coord gets a -2 modifier (46 pp max on coord) and you get the 120 food level.

There was a comment before how the whole economy would go to hell if this was done, but I don't see how it can, you still have cool down times for food, and potions still cost too much in resources or gold to obtain to make it worth it. Bones are hard to come by and even if you've got 100 of them, that is gone too quickly because they are only 10 food points and you've already paid a high price just for the perk. The only thing that would change is how frequent you have to do the speed clicking on the bones. Think of our poor mouse buttons *sobs*.

If I've missed something regarding the balancing of the economy game play, or anything else, let me know.

Thank you :P

<b>Sarcasm follows</b>, please be warned if you have soft skin, take things personally or get offended easily. If you do then don't read what's next for the love of god!!!!! This is meant to be funny or entertaining for those who are familiar with EL's draw backs yet still play it. If you do not like sarcasm please stop now. Please do not ban me, my account or delete my characters for having bit of sarcasm here on the forums. This is not meant to enrage, flame or insult anyone, their lifestyle, or the great work which makes EL what it is today. The following comments are exaggerated to get a more of a laugh out of it.

With that said:

As for possible changes to "Balance" this massive advantage this "Fat Perk" would give (as complained about above) for manufacturers and harvesters, (as if you they don't already have massive disadvantage piled on them for the love of fighters). I suggest this:

Give a 10pp coord penalty, a 2pp to physical penalty, drop 60 emus from their ability to carry things (in addition to the loss from p/c) make them walk half the speed and have to lays down to rest ever 5 seconds for 6 seconds, give it a 2 second animation as your characters struggles to lay down and another 4 second animation as they struggles to get back up and make them unable to get through some doors. Finally cause them to have to use 3x food per minute. Once their food level is 0 or less, make their physical a total of 10 pp penalty, and any extra cargo they carry is dropped to the ground so they can't hold more then their maximum EMUs.

Again, this was Sarcasm, not meant to hurt any ones feeling, pride, or insult the hard effort already invested into the game (which I'm addicted to). This sarcasm was meant as a humorous comment for those who are familiar with the game. I apologies for any hurt feelings or rage which might have been caused by any one who didn't take the first warning about the sarcasm. Again please don't ban me my characters, or access to the forum due to my comments.