Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Elemental Rage spells

Something down the lines of augmenting weaponry, cast this spell (rec lvl 30 or so) and for 2 minutes your attacks gain extra damage of a certain type.

The effect would be increased by your magic level AND Alchemy level, and the dmg wouldn't be overpowering (leave it up to the staff to figure out the right values)

The spell is actually a few spells, one for a different element/damage bonus

Heat (FE)

Cold (WE)

Magic (ME)

Radiation (MtE)

Regular Damage (AE)

Thermal (heat+cold, 2FE+2WE)

on top of these, there could be more unique versions of the spell

Necromancer spell (2 DE) - adds additional damage for every summon you currently have alive, req magic 30 and summoning 20

Piercing Blow spell (3 ME) - additional damage dealt ignores armor and resistances (IE: always deals X dmg), adds less damage than the normal spells though, req magic 35

Bloodleech spell (10 HE) - recover 25% of the damage you deal to yourself. req magic 40, alchemy 50

Rush spell (5 ME) - You take 2 turns instead of 1 when it's your turn, base damage reduced to 60%, def-10, req magic 35, a/d 50/50

Natural Fury (5 EE, 5 MtE) - You deal Number of flowers in inventory / 10, lasts for 5 hits and all flowers in your inventory are destroyed on cast. req magic 25, harvesting 50

Clairvoyance (5 ME) - (magic lvl/10) added to accuracy and critical to hit during the effect, req magic lvl 30

not sure if we have enough sigils for some of these, but you get the idea ^^

Edited by TheComet

Makes me think of Guild Wars :D

I like them but I don't think EL can handle that yet (Summons are not counted here like minions in GW afaik)

The normal elemental damage spells should be easy enough though. But it'll all depend on the essences/mana usage for PKers to actually use it.

Love it, love it. Keep 'em coming. Me want more magic! :D

The additional spells are cool but might be of limited usefulness the way EL works now. However, I like the basic list of elemental spells (though shouldn't radiation damage use Energy Ess, or Energy + Matter Esses?). We have the sigils for the elements, I'd like to see more use of them.

Heat (FE)

Cold (WE)

Magic (ME)

Radiation (MtE)

Regular Damage (AE)

Necromancer spell (2 DE) - adds additional damage for every summon you currently have alive, req magic 30 and summoning 20

Piercing Blow spell (3 ME) - additional damage dealt ignores armor and resistances (IE: always deals X dmg), adds less damage than the normal spells though, req magic 35

Bloodleech spell (10 HE) - recover 25% of the damage you deal to yourself. req magic 40, alchemy 50

Rush spell (5 ME) - You take 2 turns instead of 1 when it's your turn, base damage reduced to 60%, def-10, req magic 35, a/d 50/50

Natural Fury (5 EE, 5 MtE) - You deal Number of flowers in inventory / 10, lasts for 5 hits and all flowers in your inventory are destroyed on cast. req magic 25, harvesting 50

Clairvoyance (5 ME) - (magic lvl/10) added to accuracy and critical to hit during the effect, req magic lvl 30

Very good idea. I think all of the regular spells would be feasible, though as for the other ones...I hope they are!

A few possible changes:

1) Convert the Air Essences in the Regular Damage spell into Earth Essences. We usually attack with metal or wooden weapons, which come from the earth, no? :o

2) We already have Life Drain, why Bloodleech?

3) A lot of these spells would only be useful in PK, where everyone casts Magic Immunity. Couldn't there be a way to break this spell?

Other than that, very good idea!

Heat = fire ess, this could be added in addition to fire strike/bolt etc... it'll be like harm but on different scale.

follows off with cold, which can be ice

also could use Death

why cant Air just be wind damage :o

Temporary + Fire = Heat

Temporary + Decrease + Fire = Cold

Create + Air + X + Energy = X bolt?

X = any element, without X = Wind bolt?

Natural Fury = Change Earth Death Energy?

some small sigil ideas

Heat (FE)

Cold (WE)

Magic (ME)

Radiation (MtE)

Regular Damage (AE)

Very good idea. I think all of the regular spells would be feasible, though as for the other ones...I hope they are!

A few possible changes:

1) Convert the Air Essences in the Regular Damage spell into Earth Essences. We usually attack with metal or wooden weapons, which come from the earth, no? :D

2) We already have Life Drain, why Bloodleech?

3) A lot of these spells would only be useful in PK, where everyone casts Magic Immunity. Couldn't there be a way to break this spell?

Other than that, very good idea!

1) Earth ess seems more like something for an elemental attack, I was thinking air more down the lines of making the blade slashing faster through thinner air

2) Bloodleech is basically regaining health by dealing damage, where life drain is a single attack, big difference.

3) Well the piercing blow spell can get past magic immunity, although it doesn't have the punch of the other spells, and spells like clairvoyance, bloodleech, and rush affect the player and not the opponent and therefore magic immunity does nothing against them :)

Addendum (sp?) to this post (I.E. a new spell);

Acid Arrow;

1 Regular Arrow (after update)

5 DE

3 Energy EE

Say, it would have a base damage of 10 with 2% chance to poison. The effect would increase for higher magic levels, but the % to get poisoned would not.

This way even an army of new-mages could take on (For example) TooMass with the highest magic level in game.

There would, of course be a counter to this spell;

Protection from (magic only?) missles;

3 Energy E

3 Earth E

1 Matter E

Info: This spell would protect the caster from Acid Arrow for a limited number of time. It is similiar to the shielding spell, but uses Energy and Earth essences to counter the force upon the Acid Arow.

Entanglement (PK-only);

(The Ess could be worked out for this, or it could even require you to wear certain items!)

Info: This spell launches a 'sticky-web' at the desired location (or possibly a single creature) which would either;

1) Stop the creature from moving all together

2) Impair the creature somehow, say -10 Coord and -5 Phys (as he/she/it would be struggling to break free of the web)

Obviously there would be a time limit on this, or it would require a lot of mana (say... 60 - 100 Mana?).

Know Evil;

(Again, essences required would be discussed)

Gives you a list of all creatures/ possibly People ((PK only)) who have a high PK score (say, 5+?) on that map. Very little exp. would be given. It would be useful to determine what monsters/players you can fight on that map.

ESPECIALLY during invasions.

Summon a higher spirit;

(**SUMMONING SKILL**)

Say... a 5ish increase in all attributes? Or possibly a higher A/D for a limited time? People say "(X) deity gives me strength!" so, why not give them strength? Or maybe there could be holy places - not just temples - on maps where this could be performed.

That would limit anyone using this in mining/etc for the most part.

Vampiric Touch (probably PK-only too);

Possibly an EDE

20 Earth Essences

30 Spirit Essences

Any great sword, not blessed.

Info: Maybe 1/4 of the total damage dealt to your opponent is given back to your own life-bar. This would be limited to maybe 100 / 150 HP over your normal health points.

Another drawback (perhaps); the chance of breaking something is higher than normal. Say... 1/5 higher than normal?

Normal chance of breaking something (Let's say 1/40K)

40 / 5 = 8

40 - 8 = 32K

So, without an NMT the break-rate for items would be 32K. With an NMT;

40 / 5 = 8

40 - 8 = 32K

If, I'm doing this right, 32K should be multiplied by 4.

= Items will have a 1/128K break chance.

Comments? Suggestions? Incoherent flames?