Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bernie

Character appearance

Do you like the way the characters look on the new verson?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the way your character looks on the new update (coming soon)?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

I've been using the new models along with the CVS client for a long time now. At first I did not like the way the new models looked, but I realized it was because I was used to the old proportions of the orchan and draegoni models. I love the smoother surfacing.

I am sure that if you would have started playing 4+ years ago when we had our first models, you would have bitched so much when we changed to the current models.

LMAO! Some people actually did complain that they liked those old looks better

Hey mr. potatoe head and drag queens, mind telling me what your characters look like to you now? (the old models) :happy:

I've been using the new models with the CVS version of the client for a while and while I had to get used to them, I think they are great and much better than the old ones :icon13:

Well I took a screenie of what I look like in this client, and what I will look like

After/Before

I've been told I look like Fiona from Shrek :icon13:

Edit: provided bad link ;S

Edited by umbrena

I just love topics like this.

While we are having a go:

My char's beard is getting a bit rough around the edges and I am hoping to get it trimmed up a bit with the new models.

Also, I've been sitting around harvesting too much and the paunch is making the leathers a bit too tight. If you could shave a few polygons off the mid-section...

And those boots! My bunions have bunions and the only reason they dont have bunions of their own is the blisters! I could really use something a bit more comfortable, with larger heels. And titanium spikes. Thanks!.

Seriously though. Great job folks. Thanks.

I agree with you, Bernie. Draegoni look ugly.

Personally I do not care that much because, since I realized Eternal Lands will _never_ (yes, I can assume that because 3 years has been passed with the same story about quests) have what I wanted most - QUESTS, I am not an active player... I become active from time to time, but I lost the will to play it...

So, I voted I do not care.

You looked like naab, and you look like a naab now as well! :icon13:

No Roja,

personally I think every race is an improvement (especially the elves \o/)

It's just the draegoni's that don't tickle my fancy anymore :icon13:

New = Change = Uncertainty = Dont like

Thats my formula there. But this ones better >

New = Change = Future = Look forward to it = Happy 'cos its a free game

p.s Look at the female gnome, she has gone from looking like a short man with boobs to actually looking female

New = Change = No more short men with boobs = Thank you

Can't please everyone.

Bernie, personally I think you look beautiful in the new character screenshot, and like a boxy old hag in the old. Everyone has their own opinion :dry:

hey hey hey :P SHES MINE understood? :P

Anyways.. i miss the musculine look of the characters, but i see its by far more realistic as it is in the RC.

still think at least the armors should make em look a bit more errr... mighty than if they dont wear any.

p.s.: geez hunny.. ima spank you later for that :P first you bother me all the time that you dont like the

new models and now you bother the whole community :icon8::icon13:

voted for i dont care ^^

Was on RC3 with Cyp yesterday, we played Blee and BloodS, I was on BloodS and have to say I didn't really like his look, he was so... small... I like the broad chest that the draegoni have now and how it makes them look real strong.

As for Blee, didn't see too much of him, since Cyp was on there. :icon13: But have to say he also looks so uber tiny and small, but I guess for gnomes thats fine, they're supposed to be tiny.

-Blee

Looking at the before and after, I think the new models are much better rounded then the last ones.

Though, I'm sure most drawfs aren't happy about the change :icon13:

But really, I think their more realistic.

Oh, and now I'm not scared to death about female gnomes/dwafs/orchans/dragonis.

It appears everyone's lost weight... excluding all dwarves.

Edited by Jaxbot

I really like how my char will look (except the hair which made me decide to do color change in future) but anyway great work with those :icon13:

It's no trick. Actually the old client has dark lighting in the new character map. I actually BRIGHTENED it up, trying to get it to look as close as possible to the new.

Will there be an introduction of cosmetic surgeons into EL anytime soon? ... My new draegoni character is in dire need of a nose job!! :omg:

Sorry, but I tend to agree with Bernie. Going to take time getting used to my new image, sadly.

Will there be an introduction of cosmetic surgeons into EL anytime soon? ... My new draegoni character is in dire need of a nose job!! :D

:P:P:omg:

omg..you have done it! I am seriously speechless at your idiotic comments. And before I have to ban myself from the forums for being any more rude, I'm locking this thread.

For everyone who claims the arms are too long, I went by the classic "8 heads tall" proportions-anyone in art will know what I mean.

So they are very close, here are some comparison pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...proportions.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...proportions.jpg

The old ones by contrast, are way off. The arms are really too short. Take a look at your own arms if you dont' believe me. Look where the elbow lands, and where the finger tips drop down to. Keep in mind everyone is different, and the "8heads tall" is actually an idealized standard, most people are less than that.

And I've said it before, but the camera angle also has a big impact on how you look in game. The camera is not at eye level-where you are normally used to looking irl. So if the camera goes above your head, the head, torso parts will look larger than the legs & feet. In isometric it will also look distorted, making the legs look larger. It's a no win situation unless the camera drops to a more realistic level.