Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bernie

Character appearance

Do you like the way the characters look on the new verson?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the way your character looks on the new update (coming soon)?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

Ok, so everyone doesn't get totally mad at me: i only checked out the rc1 version, the first one.

My character as well as all other dragoni's I saw don't look the same as they do now (current EL main server). Personally, I did not like this look as much as the one I have now.

This is just my opinion.....what is yours?

**I love all the other new stuff, it's really cool !**

i like the newer looks i like that they dont look edgy but i think they need a more agressive look thats what ppl think of when they see draegoni's thats just my personal opinion

here are what the faces look like:

annat.jpg

Edited by VulcaN

No I don't like the way my char looks (rc3 test server).

But I have to say, the graphics and models look "better", not in taste ;D

Edited by Tvinn

Can u post a few screenshots?

Edit:Or if any1 would, thanks.

now pic

reddragonarmorpn7.th.jpg

new client pic

newclientlb5.th.jpg

Edited by Bernie

Can't please everyone.

Bernie, personally I think you look beautiful in the new character screenshot, and like a boxy old hag in the old. Everyone has their own opinion :P

i like the newer looks i like that they dont look edgy but i think they need a more agressive look thats what ppl think of when they see draegoni's thats just my personal opinion

I tried to make the facial expression pretty neutral, I didn't want anyone to have a permanently happy-smiley face, nor an angry mean look. So I went for something inbetween.

I tried to make the facial expression pretty neutral, I didn't want anyone to have a permanently happy-smiley face, nor an angry mean look. So I went for something inbetween.

Would be cool if we could select a few different facial expressions when making new characters, or change them daily. :P

just a thought

Would be cool if we could select a few different facial expressions when making new characters, or change them daily. :P

just a thought

Yeah, it'd also be cool if you can have different body sizes, etc... can't have everything though.

For those who hate the new models, please speak up, i'd love to know why they suck so much! :)

The torsos appear to be out of proportion imo..They look alot longer compared to the legs...Just my opinion..Doesn't make any difference to me..I'd play if we went to stick figure probably.

The torsos appear to be out of proportion imo..They look alot longer compared to the legs...Just my opinion..Doesn't make any difference to me..I'd play if we went to stick figure probably.

Put it in isometric perspective, it'll look the opposite. It's because of the camera angle. They're actually much more correct in proportion than the old ones.

I changed from orchan to gnome on the main server because of the way orchan looks in the client update. It looks like some hillbilly who sat in front of the T.V. to long, eating too many cheese puffs, and drinking to much beer.

Draegoni and gnome models are better in the update IMO.

Character animations are too robotic, I am wondering myself why they are being changed from what they are now.

I do like the new models, but on male draegoni, I feel like my head kinda is shaped like a potato o.O

OK from what i see the new character texture looks smooter. Maybe a little too much smooth. My male elfs skin looks almost like a skin of female :) . Also i am a bit thinner now. But i think we all get used to it after sometime and then everything would be ok :P

awwwww you look cute Bernie , 14 years old but cute :) lol j/k

give it 2 months and people will not even remember what the old chars looked like

good work Roja :P

I do like the new models, but on male draegoni, I feel like my head kinda is shaped like a potato o.O

And that is New how ? :D

Edited by conavar

For me even current male draegoni looks like a drag queen so i dont care if they r even more feminine or not lol. As long as orchan has that mean blood-thirsty look im cool with all changes :P

mp

For me even current male draegoni looks like a drag queen....
Nah...only the ones without beards! :P Come to think of it, maybe that's where the word draegoni came from!

Personally I think the old female draegoni have rather exaggerated tops...although I think they are the most gorgeous girls in game! :)

I couldn't tell from Bernie's screenie if that has changed. Does anyone have a non-frontal view to post here? Maybe it would help if we could get all the races to pose together for a screenie like they did when testing the bronze kit.

Edited by EaglePrince

Oh, so sad, *sob* *sob*.

I am sure that if you would have started playing 4+ years ago when we had our first models, you would have bitched so much when we changed to the current models.

Hmmm...i haven't tried in iso mode and i always play with altered perspective.

My Draegoni looked like he had aged 20 years and gained 30 lbs on test client.

I'll try in iso and see if it just distortion

Edited by anthropologist