Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

EL videos

Here you can make a post whenever you want to share a video you've made about the game.

How can you make a video you ask? Well one semi-free video capture program is called Fraps.

Make a video with it, then you can upload it to you tube, photobucket, or any other video hosting site for others to see. Post the link here :medieval:

Here is an EL you tube group that you can add your videos to and join: http://www.youtube.com/group/eternallands

Hi. I make my vids with fraps. It's very easy. just go to www.fraps.com or just click on the link Roja posted above and there ya go. Follow the directions. But anyways, a recent vid i just made is this

I hope yall enjoy. Please post your newest vids below so the players of EL have something to be entertained with.

Edited by averus

Speaking of wich, maybe we should have some sort of 'embedded reporter' in the coming invasion, to tape it and put it on youtube. It might be good promotional material.

Of course, the problem is not getting killed...

Of course, the problem is not getting killed...
Select a reporter who owns, or is part of a guild who owns a bot. They can log into the bot (which is ignored by invasions) and do all the filming they want, totally safe.

Here's some I made:

I'd be willing to be a reporter for the next invasion, just depends on what time it is in US Central Time.

Anyway, enjoy! (or try to... ;p)

I've used fraps b4 and wasn't able to u/l to youtube b/c it was too large...

Any suggestions for fps/settings?

~bug

btw, fraps is great for screenshots too :~) gotta love those greaves...

http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=inv4xq6.jpg

I normally keep my fps on about 30. I try to keep my vids betweem a few minutes long. I've also noticed with useing fraps when your lagging, it likes to cut the video into parts. Soo try to adjust your fps to a lower setting. See if that works. if not just pm in game or on forums. :P

On GNU/Linux You have an excellent, free application called XVidCap which I happily recommend. URI: http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/

I have forgotten another one (ignore all those Google Ads please :icon13:, called recordMyDesktop. URI: http://recordmydesktop.iovar.org/about.php

Most of my vids turn out around 500mb after I finish recording.

To decrease their size and edit out some parts, I use (yes, the shame) Windows Movie Maker v2.0

Not very good though, you might try something like Wax from Demomode.

For big videos you might want to use VirtualDub. I used it for my Black Dragon video.

I didn't have that program yet when I made the All Our War video, making it incredibly bad quality, while still being very big.

My videos are on GoogleVideo and not on YouTube. It's kinda the same but I'll have to check how the group thing works :D

Black Dragon

All Our War (PK contest)

I think that's really nice. Well done!

The only issue I have is the image quality, but I do like the concept :(

Are you into advertising or something similarly PR related?

I can change image quality for the film easily- I set all the image effects to old film/ film grain,- to distort them slightly (was really experimenting)- i'll re-edit the film so the pictures are better quality, and see how you like it then :D

I personally wouldnt advise to use Fraps for videos, i used to use it but the file get so damn large with it.

im using GunCam from Growler Software. Nice quality and a short movie editor. Even tho i would like to

know if theres some good program out there for adding effects into videos, my videos look a bit plain to me

so for my future videos i would like some software to add like text, several effects to my movies.

Here are mine:

Noob Fighting Video

Love Movie

Btw im not joining an YouTube group. But thats just because im like having my own insider group

Scorpius Records (well which the only members are me and bernie atm lol :D but see my siggy)

which doesnt have only to do with EL movies but also with art about EL and other misc. art, 3D rendering

etc..