Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Summoners events

Greets,

considering notes of complaints from summoners I've decided to work a bit and make a contest specifically for them. To do it I need some input from you, though.

I'm looking for a non-PK and NON-SUMMONING arena (that is one in which creatures summoned by one person do not kill each other). Basically, I need a place that will allow two summoners do their work and prevent their summons from walking around. Additionally, the arena can't have any creature spawns in it.

If you know any place like this post below, please. Give me exact map name and coordinates for it. I will appreciate any form of help.

Regards,

~Kheres

Edited by Kheres

woot :P summoner contest! Thanks for the thought Kheres :)

The Draegoni Fighting School at Trassian [118,181] has two small PK arenas in it, the rest of that place is non-PK, spawnfree, is a submap of Trassian, and summons of one summoner don't attack "themselves"

Problem is - I don't want a PK area;) I need a non-PK, non-summoning one;p with the place for audience;)
I'm not sure such a thing exists. What about that square hall in TG magic school that kinda looks like an auditorium? It also has plenty of staired seating for spectators.

Edit

TG Magic school is at 182,310 in Tarsengaard. Here's what it looks like in the hall.

As you can see, my summons did not attack each other, and it's not PK here.

Edited by EaglePrince

Give me exact map name and coordinates for it. I will appreciate any form of help.

Regards,

~Kheres

Even if in PM, guys, honestly. I'm not a walking encyclopedia and I don't really see a big difference between irsis and willowvine (or whatever the name is).

There is a place, in white stone. A school south from forest of the fall. When i will get home i will tell the coordinates.

Troger

Won't work, there is a fox spawn there.

You could try:

The White Stone City Palace main entrance

White Stone Meeting Hall

White Stone library

Morcraven Battle Hall in the tavern area

Palon Vertas Magic School main entrance

Palon Vertas Blacksmith cave

Palon Vertas Grave cave

Kusamura Cave

Egratia Magic School

Hurquin Chapel of Knowledge

Temple of Dryx (IotF)

Glacmor Tavern

Glacmor Ice Temple (Suggested)

Glacmor Magic Shop

Fort Telmont tavern (Iscalrith)

Edit is your friend, n44bie ;p

Thanks for your post. I will look at all these places, hopefully today >.<

The White Stone City Palace main entrance

White Stone Meeting Hall

White Stone library

Morcraven Battle Hall in the tavern area

Palon Vertas Magic School main entrance

Palon Vertas Blacksmith cave

Palon Vertas Grave cave

Kusamura Cave

Egratia Magic School

Hurquin Chapel of Knowledge

Temple of Dryx (IotF)

Glacmor Tavern (170 89 insides so far best)

Glacmor Ice Temple (Suggested)

Glacmor Magic Shop

Fort Telmont tavern (Iscalrith)

Edited by Kheres

Ok. It's a high time for a next step.

Contest idea.

It will be a tournamet between summoners (16 of them). It will be held in Glacmor Tavern (unless something changes). The contest will start with setting a ladder as in all other tournaments and will last till we will get a clear 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

In each round contestants will get a certain amount of ingredients for summoning, spirit restoration potions and essences required for remote healing (few of them) and no other materials may be used, moreover, all leftovers will be required to give back to referees. Both of contestants summon their creatures (the order and type of summoned creature is their own choice). A fight ends with one of the summoners claiming defeat, that is in case of no other possibility of summoning.

As in all martial arts tournaments passivness will be punished with a warning and in case of continueing it a disqualification. To make summoners do their job (read: give the audience a lot of fun) fights will be limited in time (starting with rather short ones in the first round, to quite long in the last one).

Only basic creatures will be possible to summon in first round, in the last one - we may hope to see even giants (to be decided).

Signing up.

The event and will be held during the week preciding Christmas (most probably the weekend 21st-23rd of December). As it is a very first event of this type I will hold I decided to put some limitations as for sing-ups.

These are:

1. Only 16 players (in case of not enough people willing to take part in it - only 8 players. If there is NOT even 8 participants the event will be called off.)

2. I've decided to put a caps on summoning level. That is, the required summoning level for this event is 30+.

If you still want to sign up, please post below.

1. Fedora

2. 2coolfool

3. Cyprom

4. nyiti

Substitutes:

Edited by Kheres

<EDIT>OOOPS - I missed the + by the 30 in 'set a cap of 30+' - original post now edited to make meaning clear.

Edited by Raz

Only basic creatures will be possible to summon in first round, in the last one - we may hope to see even giants (to be decided).

2. I've decided to put a caps on summoning level. That is, the required summoning level for this event is 30+.

Anyone know the chances of a lvl 30 summoner producing a giant - never mind 2?

Don't get me wrong a great idea - buy you may need to rethink slightly

I was hoping that 'to be decided' part suggests that I'm still thinking about this issue. I do apologise for being unclear as of my intentions.

PS. What about you read carefully and do not rush to conclusion?

Edited by Kheres

The sign-up period ends on Friday, December 7th.

<edit>

I've messed dates.

<edit 2>

Considering few hours left to the deadline the even is not going to happen.

Edited by Kheres

I like the idea of this event-type.

I did notice a stage in WSC, is there any need for this stage?

Can it contain the summons without going into the crowd ?

Could it be used for similiar events ?

The auditorium look sounds nice.

Much like the Romans had, to hold battles.

Is this something that could be made possible? (summon or other)

I think it would be good for newcomers to see events in such places (very visible), and be safe in watching,

Summons are always fun. I am not that high a level, but I really like to summon.

Just brainstorming.

Thank you Kheres, for suggesting such a nice idea.

As there is not enough participants (only 4 signed up, while there was a need of at least 8) I'm forced to cancell this event.

Firstly, I would like to thank to all who signed up, that is:

• Fedora
    2coolfool
    Cyprom
    nyiti

and to BrokenAero ( o.O ) for being interested in this event.

Reading some summoners complaining about lack of events for them I'm surprised there was only 4 people interested in an event only for summoners. I know what's the possible target of any similar events (i.e. 4 people) now. This knowledge is precious for me.

It is a shame I did not know it before spending quite a lot of time trying to make something up.

Regards,

Kheres

The time before, during and after christmas is a busy time here, and I didn't see a point committing to something that in all likelihood I could not attend.

I hope that knowledge is precious to you too.

S.