Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Windows RC 3

I've been having problems with the sound files since the RC 2. The sounds worked fine in RC1 but since then I have been unable to open sound files at all tho everything else runs correctly.

I noticed when logging into test server today it came up with this message

soundprobs.jpg

I'm afraid I am not computer literate enough to know where to look to resolve the problem.

The sounds in current el client work fine also.

Hi again. I went to create a new character to get to the tools option. From there I changed settings to poor man. I can log in with a new character, Bleu1. I can not log in with bleuthecajun as it tells me my password is wrong. I'm using wine to play the windows RC3. If I log out of rc3, I can log into beta with bleuthecajun.

I'm afraid I am not computer literate enough to know where to look to resolve the problem.
Have a look for errors in the error.log file which is located in your My Documents\Eternal Lands\ folder.

Hi again. I went to create a new character to get to the tools option. From there I changed settings to poor man. I can log in with a new character, Bleu1. I can not log in with bleuthecajun as it tells me my password is wrong. I'm using wine to play the windows RC3. If I log out of rc3, I can log into beta with bleuthecajun.

Ok, the passwords are the same, but for some reason Wine adds an extra "1" at the end, no idea why. Just wait until the Linux release is done, and try the native thing. Or compile your own client from the CVS.

Everything has been working fine on my pc so far.

Have noticed a few sound defs missing, as stated bye others, but I'll see if I can get the coords for the defs and post so Roja can add to the files (this'd be a whole lot easier if I had the current version of my char as it can teleport to portals room and be able to check many maps much faster, but, anyways... moving along...)

On the point of the datadir not being defined correctly causing some people to be confused about why things aren't working right the first time they install: Is it possible that the install tool do something to the ini file to make it match up to the directory it's installed in? Just a thought... (I noticed the post Torg made about patching/copying the ini file but wasn't sure if that was supposed to be in the release, or not, or even addressed this problem directly...) The reason I bring this up is for windows x64 users (as someone else has stated) windows likes to suggest a different directory than program files, as it likes to seperate the programs between x32 and x64 stuff. I guess I can picture a lot of people asking about this when it goes live, so if the installer could fix it, it'd be great.

Other than that, haven't found anything significantly wrong, seems great to me.

Josi -in forums, Dogbreath in game.

Edited by Josi

The current client works fine with the wrong data path, so long as the binary (.exe) is executed from the data directory.

By this you mean not from the shortcut? (I did read the other posts about using start-run, and so forth, but wasn't sure it all came through clearly, sorry if I'm asking it again it's just a bit fuzzy in my head.)

And this is the 1.5 version, am I making a mistake using that (on test of course)?

EDIT: I did have/use RC3 as well, and have the sound files that roja posted. If I smegged up using the newest version, please forgive me :brooding:

Edited by Josi

You can use it on the test server, no problem. If you want, you can use it on the main server too, so long as you don't report 'bugs' about it.

As for the shortcut, by default it should run the exe from the path where the exe is.

The client is working fine for me (running on main server). Tailoring skill displays incorrectly (which is fine - the data is not being sent from the server yet).

All in all great work :happy: