Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TirunCollimdus

My apology.

[

You seem to have a selective reading problem. Since you missed it again here it is. Going against Entropy on that topic did not help anyone. Entropy made it pretty clear plan B was not something we would have a say in or appreciate as much as plan A which we would have had some kind of voice. Cutting out your own tongues does not help you or others. What part of that did you not understand? When Entropy took our voices away and made RoT oldschool PK was it better than having our voice heard? No it wasn't. When we had a voice and TD became the map things were better right? Seems pretty clear cut to me. I will try to help you figure it out if you tell me which part you did not understand about that.

Entropy made it pretty clear plan B was not something we would have a say in or appreciate as much as plan A which we would have had some kind of voice

Only problem is , it was a simple yes/no vote .Not a yes or you get plan B vote, plan B wasnt even mentioned until Ent closed the poll.

When Entropy took our voices away and made RoT oldschool PK was it better than having our voice heard? No it wasn't. When we had a voice and TD became the map things were better right?

So are you saying Ent is not always right ? and he sometimes need the players to nudge him in the right direction ? If that is the case, what makes this time any differant than others ?

IMO Ent knows enough about his own game to make decisions he 100% wants in the game without asking us players.. Ent wanted astrology in the game and he went ahead and did it , despite the amount of moaning and " it ruin the game comments"

So if Ent 100% wanted nmt to be breakable dont you think he would have done it, without even making a poll ? but was good enough to ask us :icon13:

IMO Ent is not afraid to make decisions for how he wants to make the game ,regardless of wether it upsets us or not.

I think I mentioned in my own posts before the poll was closed that Entropy is not going to give you all of the information available and you are going to have to trust when he says he likes alternative ideas that it means there is an alternative in the works.

Yes Ent is not always right. He obviously since we are all here does do a good job of correcting them though doesn't he? This case as I pointed out several times in the thread is different because he is returning to a topic that he already lost on. Has this happened before the NMT discussion? No it hasn't. What makes this different? Ent warned us about voting like bovines. What makes this different? Entropy made it very clear about what he wants by revisiting the topic and that proves he cares about what we think. If he was going to just make decisions regardless of what we though then why revisit this topic at all? Why didn't he just do it since he obviously does want them breakable? That is what makes this time different.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Well said conavar.

But it didnt take long for skeptic perk to arrive. Don't know if that was planned or not.

Overall I think the desicion is taken about what needs to be done or balanced. Its nice we can join in and push that, at times =)

Thats is true about the skeptic perk , but my point was Ent doesnt shirk way from tough decisions that might upset his player base. It is right as the game owner to make any choice he likes but when he is good enough to ask us for are opinions its nice not to get attacked/put down by others just because you vote opposite.

Edit:

Auteria imo shares alot in common with EL because EL is where there devs started and hey they had to get there ideas from somewhere. people might disagree with me but i have looked at there website and to me just looks like a cheap knocked off version of EL , but if they enjoy it thats there choice

Edited by conavar

:icon13:this is not a debate, this is your apology thread, and as far as i can tell...it was insincere (as I suspected), second I did not vote against anyone, much less the owner/dev/GOD of this game...I voted on an idea he/she/they/someone had. No more...No less... In this case, the outcome was the same as before, and I am of the opinion we did not screw ourselves twice. I have faith the powers that be, to discern what is between these lines of text and not just what is plainly read.

The apology was and is sincere. I explained it. I feel as a community we did come through in the end. The result of the poll when ended was the same but the result of the voting including people who wanted to change their votes was not. It definitely went the wrong way because it was against something Ent feels very strongly about and against the majority vote if you count those who would change theirs.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Well, this topic should be closed for flames (and stuff that should be better addressed by PMs), but I was always wondering why does Auteria share many things in common with EL? And why so many EL ex players went there?

From looking at their forums, most of the people there have been/are here too.

some angry players what I know. ex players in development, skills, even the web!! bleh..

theres some anti-EL-leader feeling around it all, IMO.

and I believe some regrets are growing. they just need to chill and "play" ;D

In my opinion

Well, this topic should be closed for flames (and stuff that should be better addressed by PMs), but I was always wondering why does Auteria share many things in common with EL? And why so many EL ex players went there?

:icon13: this question must be for you, Tirun...as I don't play any other online game (except Poker :wub: )

er. Of course we care about our character more than the game.

It's not our job to worry about the game, we play it. But hey, during those rare time when we're allowed to put our input in, does it matter which way we vote? It's an opinion, and putting others down for opinion is just plain stupid.

No, we don't all agree with you, and a lot of us don't agree with Ent, but Ent's the only one who can do anything about it, isn't he? :icon13:

IMO We are testers not players. We get to play the game for free to help test it. That means we have to care about the game and pay attention to its mechanics as well as our own characters. What good are we as testers if we don't care about the game? I don't think anyone who is not thinking about what is best for the game should be playing.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

The developers of Auteria are from EL. People who know them go there to help them test their game. Some things are similar but most are not as far as I can tell. Having similarities is something very hard to avoid. The game is too early in development to say it is that much like anything. I think a lot of people went there because of bans they did not deserve or problems with EL that they though were never going to be fixed. Storage being one of those. Some people are coming back or playing both now though I believe some very good players were lost to bans. :icon13:

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

In my opinion

I guess that's the political asylum for the EL dissidents :icon13:

How about their developers? Did they play EL? If so, what was their player name?

In my opinion

I guess that's the political asylum for the EL dissidents :icon13:

How about their developers? Did they play EL? If so, what was their player name?

Thunderous and Suessie

Edited by Tvinn

sMooMs is also on the development team and Sin helps with quests and is a mod just like sMooMs. That is it for the development team at the moment though.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

The developers of Auteria are from EL. People who know them go there to help them test their game. Some things are similar but most are not as far as I can tell. Having similarities is something very hard to avoid. The game is too early in development to say it is that much like anything. I think a lot of people went there because of bans they did not deserve or problems with EL that they though were never going to be fixed. Storage being one of those. Some people are coming back or playing both now though I believe some very good players were lost to bans. :wub:

I agree any game based in a fantasy world is going to have similarities but one look at there main page and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know where they have got there ideas from .. and tailoring in both games after Ent announced in his blog it would be in EL coincidence ? :icon13:

Actually tailoring in Auteria is used for creating only one useful item right now and that is armor. The magic system is different and so is harvesting and fighting. The way their maps are set up is different as well. Visually it is completely different and storage is different as well. Very few very close similarities in my opinion. :icon13:

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

I think a lot of people went there because of bans they did not deserve ...<snip>...Some people are coming back or playing both now though I believe some very good players were lost to bans. :wub:

Congrats on your promotion to admin with server log access. :icon13:

Or maybe better said...

LOL

Oh, cool.

Well, I can't wait for their game to become big so they start banning people as well :wub:

Too many quests at the beginning and too less fighting, that annoyed me when i tried Auteria out, and 0 pking, by that i mean really no pking.

But game is very early beta-stage afaik so who knows, someday it might be big, i will check it again in 1 year to see how much it improved :icon13:

mp

Well with the NMTs breakable poll I really got irritated as you may have noticed at the people voting out of greed and self-interest. I realized after seeing the final vote that suggesting Entropy make the BroD cheap and 100 times more effective. If the people who wanted to change their vote could have then the total at the end of the poll would have been in favor of the yes votes. We gave Entropy the benefit of the doubt in the end. I am actually very proud to say that the community does not actually deserve whatever plan B is now. They definitely do not deserve what I suggested either so that is what my apology is for in this post.

I really am amazed that things have turned around so much that Entropy could find this much support on such a polarizing topic. I think we deserve a pat on the back before plan B hits us. :wub:

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

If the plan B is to make the BroD cheap and 100 times more effective to get some NMTs out of the game, is it the bad plan.

People don't use NMT on PK maps, or very few do.

Not even harvesting hydro - and I have never seen hydro harvesters been attacked,

I meet sometimes enemies there, they are after hydro, not to pk.

So it will maybe stop PK, not remove any NMTs.

So I guess it's not the plan B.

And Auteria - I downloaded it and deleted after short time, I could as well have played WOW with all the quests.

Played WOW 2 weeks, I know many who have high level chars in it so I know the game. :icon13:

Edited by Zamirah

tirun = fail

I mean its like having teh banned 0n3 back with the flames forums, only 100x less funny and more annoying.

Has it occurred to you guys that some people like endless arguments and this thread just allows them to have fun at your expense?

Did we say, we had read all his posts ?

:hug:

@TirunCollimdus

I locked the other thread to avoid exactly this kind of flaming.

Do you really think by insulting others you get them to adopt your opinion?

And do you really think by masquerading your breach of rule 28 as a canting apology you would appear any less as a rule breaker?

28. Locked threads.

If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact the moderator via private message. Do not create a new thread on a topic if there is currently a thread on that topic already.

Btw, the rest of your post(s) is breaking at least 3 other rules aswell:

4. Respect Others

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game and the forums. In order to show proper respect, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and / or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers. Do not patronize people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginners’ mistakes.

5. Posts should be constructive in nature.

Back up your statements / claims. If quoting, make sure to quote all relevant and necessary text, and if appropriate, provide a link to the originating source. Do not make posts or threads that are solely intended to incite controversy, provoke anger, insult people, present misinformation, and / or concerning personal issues with other members.

12. No Flaming or Trolling.

Do not verbally attack or provoke others into fights or post for the sole purpose of causing unrest or dissent and stirring up trouble. Do not use immature name-calling and do not take personal conflicts onto the forums in public.

I am locking this thread now too, and if you repost one more time, you will be able to concentrate on Auteria's forums exclusively for quite a while!