Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

weekend invasions

but we dont know at any time a map or portal room can be invaded. and as for what i do with what i harvest i would be happy to show you my storage anytime

I understand the invasions are fun for some, but not for all. i wanted to express that view here. isnt the game meant to be enjoyed by all?

Edited by Queen Uni

The fact remains you're complaining over nothing uni, there were 3 hours where the invasion was on maps other than bethel. 3 hours out of a week is hardly something to get worked up over :icon13:

I say it's a good addition to EL, something to look forward to in game that gets most everyone involved. I'm not that high in a/d, I still had fun getting owned by omg a few times in kf.

Ateh, I honestly don't know what there could be for mixers if there were to be something special, without being to extreme, besides, it's really not needed :>

Im not saying the invasions shouldnt be. I am saying that they can be held and keep some maps as safe maps so we know we can plan to work in relative safety and acheive the goals we set for ourselves

Where the hell do people come up with such outrageous ideas??

btw this is a GAME..GAMES are meant to be PLAYED...PLAY is supposed to be FUN..just to spell it out for you :icon13:

Edited by Queen Uni

Plz correct me if im wrong, but apart from Bethel I dont think any single map was invaded for more than an hour . If a map being out of bounds for an hour a week is to much for some then I dont really know what the answer is , o yeah change maps for a bit like we all have to at certain times depending on the conditions ( 2 acid rain days recently spring to mind. 12 hours :icon13: )

Edited by conavar

Most people i know have no prob with invasions being limited to bethel or any other single map. It is when they tie up the entire continent that it becomes an issue for us.

If you don't like that, well, tough luck. Most of the players enjoy it, and I am not going to not do that just because a few people here and there love bitching.

EXCUSE ME?? you don't even know me. i was under the impression that the forums were for expressing our feeling good or bad about game matters. your attitude could use a little work as far as i can see. An INTELLIGENT leader listens to ALL opinions without criticism or stooping to insults.

Edited by Queen Uni

will there be a no drop day every week from now on then?:wub:

I missed the first ones but I really loved the last one, makes me wanna play EL mpre and more (gives me more motivation to train and to pk)

and the invasion was fun too, even though I didn't fight till the end I had lots of fun and I think I can speak for all those pkers who I saw in KF and TD too :w00t:

a YaY for no drop day :icon13:

EXCUSE ME?? you don't even know me. i was under the impression that the forums were for expressing our feeling good or bad about game matters. your attitude could use a little work as far as i can see. An INTELLIGENT leader listens to ALL opinions without criticism or stooping to insults.

See you.

And BTW, an intelligent leader doesn't listen to everyone, he listens to those who have a point and know how to make it.

Plz correct me if im wrong, but apart from Bethel I dont think any single map was invaded for more than an hour.
Personally, I wish the general invasion had lasted longer before moving on to the Bethel-only part. As a low/mid level fighter, I'm interested in <=Ogre invasions, and those are few and don't last long in any invasion (the NDD or the Acelon run ones).

With a 5 minute warning of what map and what will be invading, it's pretty easy to escape. It's actually harder to get to the map before everything is killed than it is to get off the map.

isnt the game meant to be enjoyed by all?

LOL

Where the hell do people come up with such outrageous ideas??

From the Eternal-lands website. It doesn't say "we cater to the fighters, forget the other skills mentioned ingame/on the main website."

This comes from the main page, and although fighting is the first one listed, it's NOT the only skill.

"Things to do:

Fighting: You can fight monsters and other players, hunt animals, or join with a group of friends and take them on together!

Harvest & Manufacture: Mine ores that you turn into bars of iron, steel, titanium and make various armor and weapons. Or pick flowers and herbs that you mix together to create potions or magical essences.

Summoning & Magic: Summon an animal or monster to follow and fight for you! Or Become a Mage and cast deadly spells on opponents, or heal your companions.

Roleplay with friends! There's always someone new to talk to, global or private channels, guilds to join, places to explore, all with an easy to use chat interface.

Eternal Lands has no fixed classes or professions, so you can always do new things and develop new skills without having to create a new character!"

And the website also says that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, and that all the maps are equally suitable for everything? If so, can you point out where?

Anyway, I would highly suggest those participating in the invasions not to buy anything from those who complain about not being able to do their stuff because of the invasions.

And one more thing:

if I keep getting people bitching about it, I will provide those fighting in invasions with HEs and MPs and stuff from my 'pocket' (ie. free items).

And the website also says that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, and that all the maps are equally suitable for everything? If so, can you point out where?

Anyway, I would highly suggest those participating in the invasions not to buy anything from those who complain about not being able to do their stuff because of the invasions.

And one more thing:

if I keep getting people bitching about it, I will provide those fighting in invasions with HEs and MPs and stuff from my 'pocket' (ie. free items).

We don't sell stuff for the invasions. Most of the folks I see daily use the stuff we make for ourselves and/or fellow guild members. I've joined in the fighting before, and this weekend was nice w/ Bethel being the main map that fighting was limited to. I'm here every weekend though, and have seen where alot of the maps were locked up, one weekend you couldn't get out of the underworld the death toll was so high. And there were problems beaming.

http://www.el-cel.com/info/day.php

I've seen quite a few of those days listed, and have enjoyed most of them. They appear to be less ocurring than the fighting days now.

Well, I can give you a labour day right after the invasion, in conjunction with the free 100K HEs, to compensate for them.

I hope thats not just for the fighters..?

I do have an addition to all this as a non-fighter;

As I stated before, I love the pictures that are painted for me on #6 during the invasion, I also love the way folks make sure im informed right when i ask what map is safe for me to restock..( not always correct, but that happens, lol)

I DO love the no drop day, as i dont wanna loose my COM when I go back to restock..^^

I enjoy the cooperation between folks, even to me as a healer, there's always one or two that hands me a few srs or essies. Its not the fact they give me those, its the fact that they CARE enough..thank you for that :hug:

As for the not-being-able-to-harvest during invasion..oh well..we have 6 others days in the week, right?

I know some can only play weekends, but that goes for fighters as well..

Even for me, as a born pacifist..the Invasion is fun..I dont get alot of exp (remote healing could use a lift, Lord Entropy!) but the fun-experience makes it all worth while..for me ;)

*hugs*

Jez

Yes, for everyone participating in the invasion, not only for the fighters. With the exception of those who bitched, of course.

bah just dont care about bitching ppl lol.

invasion are cool, if u die, ur fault, but its a no drop day so why the hell are you complaining lol.

doesnt matter how hard they are, i degraded tit plate and steelgreaves last invasion again, but i still had fun lol.

EDIT: No drop day makes PK fill up again, many people to fight, even if u die, u should try it, its much fun :hug:

Edited by Tempest

Sorry, still not following how people can't harv and mix during these invasions.

Please assist me.

S.

Well, I do understand why this is stated. Its a bit hard harvesting when a chimmy or Yeti looks over your shoulder..let alone TOUTCH you shoulder, right?

Still, if you insist on wnating to harvet during the invasion; tune in on #6 and keep up about what map is safe. And I must say, it gives a special dimension on harvesting when you have to move now and again :hug:

Mixing is simply done in storage, as they are not included in the invasion locations..yet..^^

Just make sure you have enough ingreds before the Invasion..its announced well in advance. so shouldnt be a problem

Jez

Just make sure you have enough ingreds before the Invasion..its announced well in advance. so shouldnt be a problem

Jez

Amen.

I enjoyed fighting lots of large spiders during the last invasion and was happy because of No Drops Day. It was nice to have a rest from harvesting and making. You have plenty of time between the invasions to make things and just need to tune into Ch6 to find out where isn't safe to do things. Just change maps if your map gets invaded.

I agree with 6 being very cooperative, we all told eachother where monsters were invading and which ones, including which parts of the maps. Have to watch out for a few jokers on the channel tho.

I prefer good days for me being complete surprises, I like surprises!

Hey guys,

I had a little fun on NND day with the invasion too. Wish I could harvested a little when I stopped the fighting after I got a little tired of all the fighting but I wasn't sure where it was save to harv so i went offline and had my fun further trying to count Fero's to get to sleep.

I don't want to whine and be called a wheener but if I knew beforehand where it would've been save to go back to harvesting I would have apreciated it.

I love invasions days and try to harv without my col, cloak ect....(kinda teasing the monsters to get me and kill me.. :hug: hehe)

Point is: Just let us know 10min before and during invasion where the monsters are coz some of us log in on different time zones and would love to be informed if there is an invasion or not in the reagion you're in. (love my harvesting)

PS: I just want to say that I went to WS-storage to drop off my stuff coz it seemed like a more saver place than VOTD - First thing I saw was the Trolls and THEN the announcement that the Trolls are on WS map, they were all over the storage area! Pls, warning will be apreciated beforehand and not afterwards!!!

Edited by WiseGemmerKat

I don't want to whine and be called a wheener but if I knew beforehand where it would've been save to go back to harvesting I would have apreciated it.

maybe u should read the posts before replying?

just join channel 6 and ask: is map XY safe atm...

and i also dont see a prob here, even if there wouldnt be any chance to be sure if map is safe or not... just take off everything u wear and go into the map... if its not safe, well u just have to walk back from hell what takes u just a few min and u dont loose anything...

SO WHERE THE HELL IS THE PROB OF ALL U CRYING NON-FIGHTERS???

i had great fun and hope that this will become regular.

it really unions the el-community cuz everybody is working together! i can say, i have much more buddys then before the ndd-invas!

ty Radu (and all helpers) for that!

Edited by flexus

The one part about the weekend NDD invasions that works well for harvester/mixers is the NDD. On the previous Sunday I was cranking out HE's in MM when I reached down to pet Fluffy. Looked back at the screen and I was in the Underworld, blindsided by.... Fluffy!

No reason to complain, didn't lose a single item due to NDD! Did a little healing with the few ME's in stock and headed for PL storage to get the rest, then go back and heal some more fighters. Even if wanted to ignore the invasion, I could stay on IP selling veggies to the tavern til C1 calmed down a little. I enjoy the invasions even if I don't participate just for the excitement and camaraderie that goes on. For people with EL time limited to Sundays at these times, I can understand it being frustrating. Maybe the times and days should vary a bit.

If I have any complaint about invasions, it's toward my feeble computer and not the devs! My FPS is so low that even getting caught up in a swarm of brown bunnies I freeze up and the client occasionally crashes. Should I ask that invasions be more scattered and sparse over each map so I can move a little? Um, probably not! :)