Eternal Lands Official Forums
ville-v

NPC prices for high end equipment

90 members have voted

1. 1. How should prices of high end equipment be changed at NPC's?

• Keep them as they are now on main server
    • Multiple them with some number to be defined later so they are going to be harder to obtain
    • Remove items from NPC's so makers can set the prices
    • Remove also options to sell to NPC's, instead of only buying options
    • Decrease prices a lot so everybody is going to have same best items
    • Remove also more items (such as hydrogenium bars) from NPC's than only the high end equipment parts
    • Decrease prices a lot so everybody is going to have same best items
    • Something else not mentioned above

It has been discussed about NPC prices for high end equipment, and people fear NPC's are an easy way to get equipment with gc obtained by buying for real money. That would mean low level (well, high level too) killing machines could be running around killing anybody.

"High end equipment" in this poll include but are not limited to:

- The "great swords"

- Steel and titanium plate sets (as well as dragon)

- Col and Com

- BoDs and other weapons sold by Tanta

I voted for option 3.

Edited by ville-v

Voted option 5 I think :pickaxe: .

The less, the better imho. With the limited a/d/p/c (if this will be in pk server), it will be hard to pk someone with high end armor and 300+hp... especially with low cooldown.

Ain't sure about the great swords, they're the best thing thats been added in game, since a long time :icon13: .

CoL/CoM can be removed, but I think, great swords should be removedalso then. But I doubt that will happen, cause it will reduce the number of rosto's bought from shop :P .

Bod/brod aren't good for anything imo.

i also voted option 3, its how it is in the main, why have cheap stuff and have everyone prance around in it? i want to work for my items just like i have in main

*Grunt* *Snort* Oog pound on Ogg *Grunt* with stick and bone....

There is something to be said for that....

I hate to continue sounding like a broken record*, but what is the need for changing so many things in the game before the PK server has even begun?

How quickly will we be able to afford high-value weaponry and armor? How quickly will we have built up the nexus to use or make it? I would think a concern like this may take a while to become evident and the options will be different than offered here. So long as we can't pay $$ for the privilege of killing everyone we see, things should work out fairly.

*'Broken record', another reference to Oog & Ogg.....

*Grunt* *Snort* Oog pound on Ogg *Grunt* with stick and bone....

There is something to be said for that....

I hate to continue sounding like a broken record*, but what is the need for changing so many things in the game before the PK server has even begun?

How quickly will we be able to afford high-value weaponry and armor? How quickly will we have built up the nexus to use or make it? I would think a concern like this may take a while to become evident and the options will be different than offered here. So long as we can't pay $$ for the privilege of killing everyone we see, things should work out fairly.

*'Broken record', another reference to Oog & Ogg.....

Considering some geeks in EL, I think a month before there is steel armour. The great swords will be made even faster.

If I remove the NPCs, you will all be fighting with sticks and bones...

Not actually, but with titanium chains (sold at WS) and titanium long swords (sold at PL).

The option "Decrease prices a lot so everybody is going to have same best items" is twice in that poll...
That could be an accident, it doesn't mean that option is twice as important as others :blush: Edited by ville-v

If I remove the NPCs, you will all be fighting with sticks and bones...

At first we can fight using swords from monsters drops, and in leather armors (newbie manuer ~20 manu can make leather sets easly).

Even such weak creature like goblin( so 20a/d) can drop steel two edged sword :icon13:

Gargs drop tit longs( and u can train gargs in 30a/d :icon13: ).

Imho really bad( way too powerfull) r bod/brod/CoL/SoM, CoL and SoM r sold for silly money rom C2 npc Tanta, Bod/Brod r more expensive but still not expensive enough especially for pk server.

About tit/steel plate sets and human 6 swords- their price is also way too low considering that on pk server ores/essences will cost more than on normal server( which is understandable coz harvesting something semi or full afk is 20 times easier than harvesting something when u can be killed on every second).

Imagine how expensive would be ores on the main server if u had random chance to die on each harvest attempt, and thats what will gonna happen to harvesters on pk server :pickaxe:

mp

It all depends from ur a/d/p/c, if ur weak u will break more if u r strong (compared to a mob u train/fight) u wont break that much ;)

And we r talking here about weapons only, leather/augmented sets r just fine even when u r on ogres, so even 80a/d( dont forger u can ts to -19a/d), u will need decent p/c of coz but its pk server, ppl will take as much p/c as they only can anyways :D

mp

Remove items from NPC's so makers can set the prices

i love to make stuff even @ the pking server

so MP if you see me mining i give ya a cookie and some free pants for training :D

monsters break more of ur equipment while youre training on them than they drop

Goblins and gargoyles can be killed unequipped. 20 a/d and 40 physique is enough form raking drops.

just a thought...whats 2 stop $ players from buying equipment from npc's and using it at a big advantage to them?

It all depends from what items can be bought, if some1 buys tit long(current price 7k gc from pl blacksmith) of coz he will be stronger from ppl with iron swords but he wont be able to 1-hit kill ppl who r similar or stronger from him, like he would for sure if used bod.

just a thought...whats 2 stop $ players from buying equipment from npc's and using it at a big advantage to them?

It all depends from what items can be bought, if some1 buys tit long(current price 7k gc from pl blacksmith) of coz he will be stronger from ppl with iron swords but he wont be able to 1-hit kill ppl who r similar or stronger from him, like he would for sure if used bod.

Yup, and please or remove Hydro Ore, or remove nexus stones :P .

We dont want same thing as what happend on main server lol.

to train manu u need threads and leather, without npc u must make thread from cotton - make ~5k of it for 20 manu (its 25k of cotton with ~15 harvest lvl ;p) and how u get leather?