Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

GIWS gripe

Hi,

Just wanted to put my 2gc worth into the topic of GIWS. First, it would be kind of nice knowing what difficulty of monster is going to invade. Seems you never know if it's going to be armed skeletons or desert chims (kinda hard to plan if you haven't a clue.) Second, and this is far worse imho, the GIWS goes off, and there seems to be a rush of bag jumpers to that spot. I lost my bag in DP invasion in no more than 10 seconds. I come back to try and find it and there are 20 people walking around with nothing on (and barely and material points 40/40 and such) in circles watching to see who dies so they can get a bag for free (it appears...)

Is it the GIWS or the GBJWS (global bag jumping warning system?)

There has to be a better way. One shouldn't try to help fend off an invasion and end up naked and disgruntled because they had no clue if they could help or not.

Sorry for the whine, just had to get it off my chest....

Ok, back to the game and having fun :(

Edited by Josi

alot of people, including me some times, go to invasions with nothing just to watch. However I do suspect most also bagjump.

How about this: GIWS is warning you about the invasion, so get the heck outta there if you don't want to lose anything :(

I uselly wait untill one of those un-equippted peeps tells what it is on either channel 4 or 6 before I go in. Or I go in with tele ready and diss ready.

EDIT: if we let it tell how strong the monsters are, we are basicly taking on the last big risks out of the invasion. We already know when and where it's happening, knowing what is good to be kept a mystery. My, worhtless-not-even-a-fighter opinion :(

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

well now they got new technique, i was at votd trying to kill artic chim... then i see alot of ppl die, and bags disapear in a sec... noob bagjumper invis taking them :s

well now they got new technique, i was at votd trying to kill artic chim... then i see alot of ppl die, and bags disapear in a sec... noob bagjumper invis taking them :s

Go to an invasion with TS on, these people aren't often noobs :D