Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

The NMT cape is hopelessly overpriced and overrated atm, it is much too rare as it is.

The MM cape is the most important cape in the game and is totally underated and common.

If you want to get rid of hoarded items, create an outlet for them, as Trik used to be. (he used to buy all weapons/armors). That also gives you the opportunity to set a priceframe (max price = NPC sales price, min price = NPC buying price) for every item.

If you want to get rid of gold entering the economy this way, create POSITIVE ways to spend money, like houses, pets, beauty parlors and so on.

Breaking stuff is extremely frustrating from a players point of view, and many players have even left the game over the loss of a particularily costly/rare/valued item!

50 bones to get nmt perk is this for real?

I bought a NMT cloak a fairly long time ago, and have also found some from monster drops. If the NMT perk were available so cheaply, I'd imagine that the breakage rates on all items would simply quadruple (Entropy's surprise, perhaps?) This would effectively eliminate what we currently consider as both the NMT perk AND cloak, by making it the status quo. If breakage rates are not changed, and the nmt perk were still available for 50gc, I would not complain, as I've had a fair amount of usage from my NMT purchase.

As a countermeasure, to eliminate the problem so poignantly illustrated by the eyesore Blodoks was kind enough to share with us, how about making certain armors level dependent? e.g. level 0 for leather, level 15 for aug leather, 30 for steel chain... etc. Maybe the NMT cape can only be worn after 100 a/d...or maybe any skill over some set level (e.g. 70 crafting, or 80 manu, etc.). Even overall level could be used for this distinction. This would give an incentive for players to work towards a goal, and to take advantage of less expensive training, as an eventual reward.

50 bones to get nmt perk is this for real?

I bought a NMT cloak a fairly long time ago, and have also found some from monster drops. If the NMT perk were available so cheaply, I'd imagine that the breakage rates on all items would simply quadruple (Entropy's surprise, perhaps?) This would effectively eliminate what we currently consider as both the NMT perk AND cloak, by making it the status quo. If breakage rates are not changed, and the nmt perk were still available for 50gc, I would not complain, as I've had a fair amount of usage from my NMT purchase.

As a countermeasure, to eliminate the problem so poignantly illustrated by the eyesore Blodoks was kind enough to share with us, how about making certain armors level dependent? e.g. level 0 for leather, level 15 for aug leather, 30 for steel chain... etc. Maybe the NMT cape can only be worn after 100 a/d...or maybe any skill over some set level (e.g. 70 crafting, or 80 manu, etc.). Even overall level could be used for this distinction. This would give an incentive for players to work towards a goal, and to take advantage of less expensive training, as an eventual reward.

or to set back pk on track, make nmt break rate function of ur pk score....

edit : this way, only ppl with a/d > ~65 would use it i think or else the break rate would be way too high. On the other hand, it would be rather unfair for people training other skills (like high lvl manu / craft and summoning...)

Edited by Michic0_oL

Breakable.

Free advise take the NMT perk , i have it and im so happy cuz u can wear the FRC its so sexy ^^ and only cost 7 pp's what are 7 pp's ? Unless you wanna belong to the "I-have-no-life-but-I-must-train: 325<=CL" :wacko:

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

Correct, i bought mine when it was like 150k gc and got another one from fluffy \o/

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.

So its a "Yes" from me :wacko:

Piper

I see that as a reason to keep it unbreakable! ;)

besides what's wrong with giving newbies NMT's? B)

I'm not even going to read everyones response. The answer has to be yes.

Obviously increase the drop rate but I guess that goes without saying.

You'll never get more than 450 people say no cos only those who already have one/have access to one would say it...

Absolutely NO..lots of people paid hundred of thousand gc for it..the only people who like this idea are the harvesters or mixer..

MisterZ. :wacko:

yeah... most ppl who vote yes don't have one yet...

Absolutely NO..lots of people paid hundred of thousand gc for it..the only people who like this idea are the harvesters or mixer..

Erm.. and what makes you think so ?? lots of ppl who say they have voted yes have one, I know i do, and second, a lot of ppl who have said NO still say that it could be breakable with some conditions. or explain they just said no because they paid a lot of gc.

Just of the record... when you start this game you have nothing, and in ~1year you can have tons of items worth a shit load of gc so whats this all about.

Just make the cape breakable, spread the drops over more monsters, like 1/mil for orc, 1/500k for troll/ogre, 1/250k for armed orc, 1/250k for clops, 1/100k for all the stronger monsters.

more ppl will be able to use one, as i understand Entropy intended it to be, price will drop but ppl who find one will only drop it on market if they really need some gc.

And the idea of making it a tailoring item is also very good but plz. keep the ingredients at a nice lvl (not too expansive) but the required skill lvl fairly high.

Guest Bekmop

Make it tradable for nmt perk+miror skin per+fast regen perk

rather maybe some other decent combination of positive perks

for pvp'ers it will be competition too - what if partner have those 3?=)

imho ppls go trade em

at least lets try it before remove ubreakable tag

i dont like that idea, haveint a nmt is a privlidge of being a higher lvled player everybody would trade 1k bones for that perk, and what about the people who already used 7 pps on the perk??? it definately wouldint be fair for them.

;) I have an NMT and that HARDLY qualifies me as a "higher leveled player". :P

B) additionally, back when i started EL, i took the artificier PERK and when that was removed, i was returned my PPs and applied them to a different perk (IGITD). :wacko: and bought an Artificer Cloak instead. Human Nexus 10 was small price to pay IMHO

it's definately UNFAIR to assume the worst from "Teh Powers That Be"...

edit = i spoke too soon :(

i say let the poll continue on how it is

majority will have their way...

Edited by pepperspray

feros dropped me a NMT 2 days ago, and i still got the one i bought + i voted yes ;)

i think to much money ingame comes cause of other stuff, i clearly see that 400 nmts are much,

but some people posted here that NMT makes ppl lvl fast... i dont think so, NMT is only a help.

theres an other reason why ppl are 150 def now (not meant personal empi).

anyway i voted yes cause atm i dont have an idea how to get those NMTs out. there are 400 now, so there will be many many more soon if they dont find a way out of the game. i first thought if making the NMT as "rare" as MM cloak would work but therefor the effect of NMT is way to good.

EDIT: just read peppers and brets posts, i also thought about if it would be possible to give every person that owns NMT cloak the perk instead, but there would be some problems with people who have more than 1 NMT + the perk cant be broded and stuff like that.

EDIT2: at least that would bring like 400 *400kgc out of the game xD

Edited by Tempest

I said yes. I think this will help out other people in the game greatly. The price of NMT wont drop as drastically like it would have if it just broke. Making it degradable also allows people who don't have as much money to spend able to buy a lower class NMT and still get the benefits.

P.S. if you are complaining about how you spent 400k on your NMT why should others have to spend less, the prices change that a cold hard fact. People who bought full steel or titainium a few years ago for 120k or 180-200k aren't complaining. I realize its not as big of a price change but there is no reason to whin about paying 400k for a cape that once cost 100k.

OK I now regret not reading the thread completely. I voted no, because I know how attached some of our fellow players are to their NMT.

After reading all this, I changed opinions.

I say: Ent, it's your game, you seem to be convinced that in some way or another, the NMT shouldn't been unbreakable anymore. I think the proposal you made for this thread is fair enough.

People: If I had a 1 in 80k chance that my plain would crash, I'd go on board with all confidence that I'd arrive at destination in 1 piece.

Stop whining! I have more problems with people bagjumping a noob for a damaged CoL than with very experienced players having to spend a few hundred Kgc on a new cape which they will be able to save for real quickly if they play intensively and smartly for a week or so.

The game is here for everyone, as much for noobs as for the rest of us. And if you still want to profit from NMT... get the perk. I have it, it's awesome and very well worth the PPS.

I rest my case.

I said yes. I think this will help out other people in the game greatly.

Not a/d trainers for sure, and if a/d trainers r poor they spend less money on things they need, coz instead of training/pking they harvest.

I know it coz i got 88 harvest, 87 alch and 72 pot lvl, i hate mixing/harvesting but till yetis i needed to mix/harv a lot ( other possibility would be to spend $$$ in el shop or buy ingame gc/items for $ from players).

if you are complaining about how you spent 400k on your NMT why should others have to spend less, the prices change that a cold hard fact. People who bought full steel or titainium a few years ago for 120k or 180-200k aren't complaining.

Its good that many newbies who vote YES post also their opinions, so we can find out about tit/steel sets that were ingame few years ago( when game itself is around 4 years old lool ;) )

No1 cares if nmt cape will be 20k, 200k or 1kk as long its 1-time price, and not: 200k but if u use it a lot u will need to spend another 200k and another and another.... :wacko:

No matter if nmt will be breakable or not i will still enjoy el, i will simply adjust my gameplay to the new circumstances B)

mp

I have the perk so I really would not like to see the cape be tradeable for the perk :(

That's a lot of pp's to buy for a relatively small price.

I have the perk so I really would not like to see the cape be tradeable for the perk :(

well, people who will reset are pwnd then anyway. and nothing would change with giving people the perk since they cant get pickpoints for attributes out of that

EDIT: and yeh as empi pointed out, there is NO way for fighters to get good gc anymore, even yetis are a joke to what they were once.

Edited by Tempest

well, people who will reset are pwnd then anyway. and nothing would change with giving people the perk since they cant get pickpoints for attributes out of that

huh? My point is, 450k gc (or whatever the going price is) is a lot cheaper a price in the long run to get the perk than 7 pp's is.

(i said nothing about spending the pp's elsewhere)

huh? My point is, 450k gc (or whatever the going price is) is a lot cheaper a price in the long run to get the perk than 7 pp's is.

(i said nothing about spending the pp's elsewhere)

misunderstood you, sorry :(

It's more likely Ent to have his castle first then that to happen :(

Read the thread before voting, and think a little before voting like a bovine, ok?

I'm still not entirely sure what the bovine part is :( but reading the thread before posting has become a challenge. As I'm writing this, there have been 222 posts. Imagine waking up to that. I doubt many people will read through the whole thing if they haven't followed it along as it grew. They'll read a few posts at the beginning, a few at the end, then they'll post. That leads to repetition, as well as some people's voices not actually being heard.

I would like to ask that we all restrain ourselves from posting excessively. I'll leave it up to each of you to define "excessively" but to help you along I've counted the posts (using the paper and pencil method, so don't crucify me if I'm off by one).

1 post: 57 people -- I like this; lots of different people sharing their opinion

2 posts: 11 people (after this post, I'll be in this group too)

3 posts: 9 people -- still understandable, this is a hot topic, and a long thread

4 posts: 2 people -- here I'm starting to wonder if you're actually still contributing, or just flaming people, or repeating

Ryuu, robotbob

And here the list of our frequent post masters:

Entropy 30 -- but understandable, considering he's teh God and originator of the thread

XitraqupteN 7 posts

Kidberg 10 posts

Scorpius 9 posts

Conavar 7 posts

Korrode 5 posts

MichicO_oL 6 posts

Aphistolas 11 posts

breTRYano 6 posts

Acidic 10 posts

TirunCollimdus 6 posts

Before you jump all over me - I'm NOT saying you can't post. Of course you should share your opinion. If you feel attacked, I can even understand the desire to defend yourself. But frankly, between 10 of you (not counting Ent) you have made 77 posts, that's 34.68% of the total of 222 posted before this.

Please, for all our sanity, for this thread and future ones, can we all try to contain ourselves to just a couple of posts per thread?

Thank you.

lilcnoot

I voted no and i am bored and tired to mention the reasons again and again.

Time to reset and get the perk in the main server.

Pps are not important anymore. p/c will be usefull only in the pk server.

Some time ago i proposed that the chances to lose items from brod and sod should be increased.

I guess now u all understand why i asked such a thing...

You're damn right :( .

I would do exactly the same. P/c gotten out of hand imho, so 7 less pickpoints won't hurt I think.

I would vote yes though, unbreakable item ingame is fun, but everyone knows it can't work forever.

I was thinking, to get some out of the game - make an NPC who sell the perk for a cape.

If you reset will you need to take it again - or buy from the NPC.

After all - we can buy nexus, why not perks ?

This is some good creative thinking. I am not saying it is the best alternative, you may

need to add something like gc to balance it, or maybe it takes 2 capes to get the perk,

but it is good thinking! :(