Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes, make it breakable.

If let unbreakable the numbers of NMT will increase, albeit slowly*. This, in my opinion, will reduce their cost - as every Joe Syslack will have one. This means less armour, weapons breaks.

Which then means less business for manufacturing.

Which then means less business for alchemy.

Which means less buisness for harvesters.

The NMT breakable will probably not affect EL economy that much, but I'd rather have somebody to sell the low-level things I alch/harvest or use to manufacture stuff.

And if it is made breakable, no one will where it (unless its only about 10k) and hence not wear expensive armour.. so:

works both ways :)

like i said i dont care what happens. and i dont play this game for the economy i play it for the friends i have

here to chat with so i basically give dung about changes. i like to see new stuff getting added. and if you

would have read my posts you prolly would have noticed i wrote in almost every of em "i dont care what

happens with nmt, i just want to be able so say i tried".

Like said im mainly here for the chatting so this all doesnt affect (effect? wth i still dont get it) me at all.

So a nice chatting while running around killing stuff (without nmt btw which i will just let rot in sto when its

breakable) is all i need. im with robotbob mainly for the point that we try to suggest stuff, to maybe give

ideas how it can be done otherwise. its ok its ok if you dont appreciate that but then there shouldnt be

any polls at all or only polls where ppl can not post in.

#EDIT: and only to prevent me from your dark sense of humor once again.. i DONT wanna meet new ppl by

changing the game. i love the ppl i met here and im honored to have that much friends that actually listen

to my oppinions and state in a normal way what they think about instead of just dropping the topic by telling

me to play another game.

-Scorp

Edited by Scorpius

I voted no.

The point about the nmt accumulating in the game is clear of course -- but to counter such situations, the rate-decreasing/make-it-break changes don't seem to work out very well. It makes the game require even more time, and who wants to mix 100k FE, or kill 100k fluffy for the sheer joy of it?

But fair enough, in a game where there's not much actual skill is necessary, the only way to seperate players is to make them spend more time...

I kind of feel that this could be otherwise, but have no idea how, lol :)

I don't give a rat's behind if anyone thinks I'm being a baby, I would like to share my thoughts and experience.

I spent the last 5 weeks preparing for a reset to focus on a/d. I struggled with the choice between perk and cape for 4 of those 5 weeks, posting on the combat forum to seek advice from more knowledgeable players. After looking for slightly over a week, I finally found one for sale (I found out afterward that it was only for sale because one player had scammed it from another :) ). I made the decision to spend my EL life savings on the cloak to save the pp.

Now, when you buy a car, or an $800 computer, you know it will decline in value and eventually break. Imagine if someone sold you a computer that was was never supposed to break and was supposed to keep up with the ever-changing technological advances? Imagine further that the manufacturer of this computer, after you saved and scrimped to purchase it for 6 months said--"we changed our minds"? Now, after you have purchased, we will make it decline in value and it will not keep up with technological advances. You wouldn't feel like you got what you saved up and paid for, and, in fact you would not have.

When a government takes action that devalues property, in most non-dictatorial countries, some fair compensation is paid to recompense the loss. I know EL is not a democracy and can be just exactly what Entropy would like it to be, but I hope that some fair solution is arrived at here. Maybe the EL bank opens for a defined period of time and buys back everyone's NMT who wants to sell it, for the price paid or some reasonable number. Maybe you can get the NMT perk for 3 PP + NMT cape trade. I don't know.

I do know that if you are trying to create a community and a "realistic" economy, realistic community ideals, morays, standards should also be observed, including offering some stability in the expectations of the community.

Uhm, I vote no, until and unless there is some way to compensate those who bought an UNBREAKABLE cape

for the loss in value.

BTW, pm me if you want to buy a nice orange cape.

Oz

if you think about it..

say your killing fluffs, by the time your nmt breaks theirs a good chance that they would drop another one.

my vote is undecided yet ill wait for some more influence on which to vote for

i just shouldnt post on forums gets me into trouble wasnt trying to be smart or have a dig at you just throwing in my 2 cents.

I always had little respect for those that talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

So how about this:

If the final vote comes to "it should break", then robotbob and those that agree with him (brettmck, Kidberg, Scorpius & co) should lead by example and leave the game (go play something where items don't break, such as Runescape). Deal?

Put your char where your mouth is.

Because I really love the game. Which is why I posted. I don't play others, Ive tried and it lasts about a week.

I just want to see 154659 people playing Eternal Lands too. I am not an opponent but someone that

has a solid investment into Eternal Lands and wants to see it survive, progress and get you a interview on

Tech TV :omg:

Hmm, did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, there is a remote possibility that you like this game partially because of the economy, and, implicitly, because how decisions are made? And again, maybe, a better economy with fewer players is preferable to a not so good economy and millions of players?

True. I don't care for the sea of people. I can't really define why I think this game is alot of fun, combination

of things. Again I don't have any plans to play another. If the nmt changes, then I will. I am sorry of

anything I said sounded adversarial, It wasn't my intention. :)

When a government takes action that devalues property, in most non-dictatorial countries, some fair compensation is paid to recompense the loss.

This is by far the most ignorant comment I heard on this thread. I mean, it's like, WOW, can;t get more ignorant than that.

I voted yes, make it breakable.

If let unbreakable the numbers of NMT will increase, albeit slowly*. This, in my opinion, will reduce their cost - as every Joe Syslack will have one. This means less armour, weapons breaks.

The NMT breakable will probably not affect EL economy that much, but I'd rather have somebody to sell the low-level things I alch/harvest or use to manufacture stuff.

And if it is made breakable, no one will where it (unless its only about 10k) and hence not wear expensive armour.. so:

Uh, that isn't likely to happen anytime soon. PKers / PvPers or people just wanting to try out a new creature will wear expensive armour.

Some people will carry on regardless, or take the NMT Perk.

Like I said though, 1 in 80,000 is a tiny chance.

Not necessarily, people will still have to make lower level things. Things that people will risk, they will also have to occasionally make that expensive armour.

works both ways :)

To be honest, I doubt this will have such a major impact. All galaxies will not simultaneously implode. Admittidly, a few people will loose out; I think it will benefit the majority though. Radu gets his castle, we're all more addicted to EL than before, ensuring higher levels and more exciting game play.

I played RS for ~2 minutes. Compared to EL, I thought it was absolute horse-crap. From what others have told me, this is an accurate description. What happens when you reach the highest levels in a game? It becomes boring. This will make it a tad more difficult, more gameplay - and ultimately more satisfaction from your achievements.

Win / Win? In the long run.

@Ozmondius: Hah! That will be the day! People are selfish, unless you have Godly Powers™ there is not really anything you can do.

Edited by Aphistolas

I always had little respect for those that talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

So how about this:

If the final vote comes to "it should break", then robotbob and those that agree with him (brettmck, Kidberg, Scorpius & co) should lead by example and leave the game (go play something where items don't break, such as Runescape). Deal?

Put your char where your mouth is.

That would be fine if robotbob, Kidberg,Scorp and co had said they would leave if the cape was made breakable, but cant say ive seen any posts where they have.

When you have a yes/no poll the people who vote no have just as much right to there views as though who say yes ... or am i missing something :)

and by your own logic of walking the walk not just talking the talk after the last poll ended in a NO vote that should have been the end of it ?

Edit: end of the day Ent will do what he thinks best for the game and people will either live with it or leave depending on personal choice..

Edited by conavar

When a government takes action that devalues property, in most non-dictatorial countries, some fair compensation is paid to recompense the loss.

This is by far the most ignorant comment I heard on this thread. I mean, it's like, WOW, can;t get more ignorant than that.

LOL, Entropy :) I don't see how it is ignorant, it is just a fact. While you are expert in many things that I am not, legal systems are my expertise. I am not attempting to be adversarial here, and i will not likewise criticize you in any manner. I am sharing my thoughts, concerns, and viewpoint. I hope there is some value for you in any of what I've had to say.

lol dont call ent ignorant he will ban you like he did me :X

Uh, he's an adult. I doubt very highly he'll take much offense to names. Something tells me you're not letting on the whole story...

@Ozmondius: Are you applying, like, redundancy pay to property situations...? Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggg difference.

Edited by Aphistolas

That would be fine if robotbob, Kidberg,Scorp and co had said they would leave if the cape was made breakable, but cant say ive seen any posts where they have.

When you have a yes/no poll the people who vote no have just as much right to there views as though who say yes ... or am i missing something :confused:

and by your own logic of walking the walk not just talking the talk after the last poll ended in a NO vote that should have been the end of it ?

They predicted that this would make people stop playing, and will be the end of the game. So they should lead by example, and leave the game, not just 'predict'.

If a financial analist predicts that the dolar will drop by 50% the next year, he will trade his dolars for gold or for some other currency, right?

If someone predicts that the power plant next to their house causes the background radioactive level to increase by 100 times, they leave the area, not just stay there and predict.

lol dont call ent ignorant he will ban you like he did me :X

I didn't, and wouldn't. I have more respect for him than that.

Edited by Ozmondius

When you have a yes/no poll the people who vote no have just as much right to there views as though who say yes ... or am i missing something :confused:

They predicted that this would make people stop playing, and will be the end of the game. So they should lead by example, and leave the game, not just 'predict'.

If a financial analist predicts that the dolar will drop by 50% the next year, he will trade his dolars for gold or for some other currency, right?

If someone predicts that the power plant next to their house causes the background radioactive level to increase by 100 times, they leave the area, not just stay there and predict.

So if a scientist predicts global warming will cause a ice age in 10 yrs from now...he's gonna go and do everything he can to make sure that happens. Damn we SOL

Edited by Kidberg

So if a scientist predicts global warming will cause a ice age in 10 yrs from now...he's gonna go and do everything he can to make sure that happens. Damn we SOL

Are we talking about an ice age or a NMT cape?

Please dont drive this topic insane, thank you.

Piper

I Got an Idea , I think after something is voted for once it should be final, Its kinda like double jeapordy to vote something down once and then have to do it over again. Idno Just my opininon......

I Got an Idea , I think after something is voted for once it should be final, Its kinda like double jeapordy to vote something down once and then have to do it over again. Idno Just my opininon......

And what did you vote, out of curiosity? :confused:

Uh...duh I vote NO for making it breakable. Kinda pointless to give us the best thing we could ever ask for then Yank it away after we spent all our GC on it.............Oh BTW Ent u saved me 80usd i almost bought someones NMT for that lol Nice lookin out :confused:

well, i would say remove this item completely.

the ppl who have one voteing "no" and want to keep their advantage - the others of course want one too.

if everyone has the same chances again, nobody has a reson to cry anymore. :confused:

Uh...duh I vote NO for making it breakable. Kinda pointless to give us the best thing we could ever ask for then Yank it away after we spent all our GC on it.............Oh BTW Ent u saved me 80usd i almost bought someones NMT for that lol Nice lookin out :confused:

Thank you sir, or madame, you've just made my case for me.

You're bias, thinking of what would benefit you the most and, seemingly, wanting to achieve greatness easily. Of course, greatness is a relative term.

Unless you quantify why you voted no - other than saying "My good money!" which is a one sided argument - it's not really anything to take notice of.

I.E. What other reasons (if any) are behind this vote? Do you feel it will harm the economy? Do you think the game would become too easy/difficult? Is it going to cause the server to spontenously combust?

If you do provide an argument agaisnt, it's easier to bring up a counter argument which you may or may not have considered. Which, again, may cause you to vote (or at least, want to vote) differently.

EDIT: Oh, c'mon, who ever said one vote doesn't make a difference? :D

Edited by Aphistolas