Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Ok, everyone had the chance to vote, and the way it looks so far, those in favor for it to stay unbreakable win by a slight margin, so I am declaring this poll closed at 163 yes and 168 no.

Too bad that you voted against it, because many times you ask for something, you actually get it :P

Thank you bovines! That is to everyone who posted and said I would vote yes if this or that. Yes Entropy was going do something that would make the capes being breakable a good thing. DUH!! I cannot believe you people would rather get something that he said you won't like as opposed to something you might like. If I was in Ent's shoes I would make the BRoD 18K gold coin and make the chance to break an item 5%. Then you could keep your unbreakable cloaks for as long as they lasted. ;) I just hope whatever he does is not really that bad. If it is though, guess what, over half of us asked for it so we are going to get what we deserve no matter what it is.

Entropy does not, and I guess never will, tell us exactly what we are going to get for doing what he wants. IMO this is a bad idea because of the types of people he has playing and testing his game. He is not asking for much but at least half of his players will not give even an inch. How insanely stupid is that in a beta game??? A clear and vast majority of those voting to keep the cloak unbreakable were doing so for completely selfish reasons. The rest were using specious and fallacious logic to come up with excuses to vote for keeping it unbreakable. If Entropy had posted the actual change he would make to soften the blow of the capes becoming breakable the no votes would have lost by a landslide. Yet somehow they won. What is wrong with you people?

After the way the first poll went don't you think Entropy would have completely given up on them being breakable if it was not really important to the game that they break? What the hell? :hehe: If Entropy's plans and the games best interests did not include having the cloaks breakable then why the hell after all of this time could he not figure that out? You people act like he does not have a brain.

I have not supported all of Entropy's ideas. I thought turning RoT into oldschool PK was a really bad one. He did change that eventually even though he had made that decision against the voting in the poll. Well guess what. Entropy saw how things were going and he changed it. If something in the game is not working Entropy spends his time working on fixing it. He has even gone through all of the trouble to come up with a PK server if there is enough support for it. What is he not willing to do? I know cooldown times were not adjusted indivually per item to make fighting more interesting but is that a reason to bash all of his ideas?

I say get a life and give Entropy some room. Room to breathe and room to give his really important changes a chance at least to see how they work. Yes he is not going to tell you what exactly he is going to give for what you are giving up. I think that is just to test the level of trust he is getting from his players. Did anyone notice he put in the skeptic perk so people could avoid one of his favorite ideas? How much farther does he have to bend so that the players of this game will throw him even a tiny bone? I don't even know why you guys play the game with as little as you trust Entropy in his decision making process. I just don't get it.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Please Entropy make them breakable and don't punish almost half of your players because a tiny bit more of them are selfish or bovines.

@Tirun

Here is what we were asked to vote on:

Read the thread before voting, and think a little before voting like a bovine, ok?

As you might remember, there was a poll about it a while ago, where the question asked was:

Would you like to make the NMT breakable (1/40K chance), and slightly increase the chance of getting one?

At the time, more than half were against this idea, so I came up with a new idea:

How about I make the NMT degradable first? The degraded version would be identical in functionality to the normal one, and would have the same breaking rate and stuff.

In effect, this would make the NMT breaking rate 1/80K, which I think it's pretty small.

Last time I checked (yesterday), there were ~450 NMTs in the game, a pretty big number.

So, would you like to make it breakable as explained here?

There's no mention of any additional repercussions from voting No.

We were asked to vote on whether or not we wanted the NMT breakable.

Don't try and lecture us for not being mind readers.

And based on this:

What sort of price figure would you like them to be at?

How available would you have them be? Should most a/d trainers be able to get them easily enough? etc.

The price figure would be at around 200-300K (but then again, I don't make those prices), and most serious a/d trainers would be able to get one, but they would break too. Of course, I can't come up with any rates without looking at the breaking stats and stuff like that.
I am still satisfied with my No vote.

And lets not forget, that you agreed also:

I don't think ~250K is going to be workable price for a NMT that breaks...
Edited by Korrode

Voting like Bovines must be an obscure American/Romanian saying but since Bovines are cattle ( cows,ox,bison etc) I can only take it as the same as the saying we have here in England but we use the term sheep and that is to follow the herd and do what they do without your own logic or reason ( if it means something differant please correct me)

If that is the case them im 100% sure that it applies to some people who voted YES as well

We also have a saying: " people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" :D

Edited by conavar

Voting like Bovines must be an obscure American/Romanian saying but since Bovines are cattle ( cows,ox,bison etc) I can only take it as the same as the saying we have here in England but we use the term sheep and that is to follow the herd and do what they do without your own logic or reason ( if it means something differant please correct me)

If that is the case them im 100% sure that it applies to some people who voted YES as well

We also have a saying: " people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" :D

Actually I was referring to Entropy's warning not to vote like bovines in his topic starting post. Perhaps you missed that.

bo·vine (bō'vīn', -vēn') pronunciation

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or resembling a ruminant mammal of the genus Bos, such as an ox, cow, or buffalo.

2. Sluggish, dull, and stolid.

I think the second definition fits better for people who voted no. I am not entirely sure what Entropy meant when he said it but I thought it was funny so I used it. Your reference to voting like sheep only works for those voting no because those who voted yes followed well thought points and came to a reasonable conclusion. They understood what needed to be done and why and voted for the decision that made sense for the game. To vote like a sheep you have to vote blindly and that usually means incorrectly though sheep do get luck sometimes. ;) Those who voted yes did so for good reasons not blindly. I can only hope that those who voted no did so like sheep since that decision was indeed a bad one.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

the poll is over and u still post bullshit tirun, just quit it. if ent wants to keep it unbreakable let him do it, if he wants to make it breakable its also good. but just quit posting such a nonsense after the poll is alrdy over.

if its REALLY that important as you said then ent would make it breakable without a Poll, he gave us the chance to decide, some more people voted no and less voted yes and now he has his plan B.

so where the f*** is ur problem? go cry in a corner and let ent do the job :D

EDIT: this is my last post, i cant be assed to start a flamewar now.

Edited by Tempest

The "don't vote like the bovines" is a Romanian expression translated in English.

The idea behind it is that the cows (especially the bulls) are very impulsive and don't think much before acting.