Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

I was thinking, to get some out of the game - make an NPC who sell the perk for a cape.

If you reset will you need to take it again - or buy from the NPC.

After all - we can buy nexus, why not perks ?

This is some good creative thinking. I am not saying it is the best alternative, you may

need to add something like gc to balance it, or maybe it takes 2 capes to get the perk,

but it is good thinking! :(

anyway that wont work i think, ppl will rather keep their capes cause with reset the perk is gone.

I was thinking, to get some out of the game - make an NPC who sell the perk for a cape.

This is some good creative thinking. I am not saying it is the best alternative, you may

need to add something like gc to balance it, or maybe it takes 2 capes to get the perk,

anyway that wont work i think, ppl will rather keep their capes cause with reset the perk is gone.

then be careful in ur choices and don't reset :(

Lilbear... you know thats actually how a conversation goes.. you say something, you get an answer, and you

may have to say something to the answer you just got.. guess thats life.

Anyways as i see i got someone putting words into my mouth while i was asleep ill just

keep away from posting in this thread anymore or sharing my oppinion on such polls again.

and no thats not directed at you cnootie ^^

then be careful in ur choices and don't reset :(

The nexus you bought for hydro is gone too, it's the same.

Maybe it could be a NMT and some bronze bars (100 ?), they are a little useless now and a pain to make/take a lot of time to make.

It has been a while since NMT was made unbreakable again and the price has not stopped raising.

So I do not think the argument "if it is not breakable it will be too cheap in X months/years..." is valid. This period of time has proved that drop rate can control very well the price.... (actually I suspect some/many people is voting yes precisely because of how scarce and expensive they are..)

Also, the last time this was voted, it seemed to me that the decision was half-permanent. I am not sure about this, it is just that I can recall Entropy saying something like that but I may be wrong.

Now, after people paying 400k+(a lot of steel bars maked in the cave for that....) for the cape it turns out that is going to be breakable again.... I do not think this is right.

But just my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

leriam.

Edited by leriam

Oooh first post in over a year, yay for unban :(

Voted yes, everything else ingame is breakable, value shouldn't be a factor. Breakrate at 1/80k is small enough.

After reading all this thread, I found, that the most frequent and at the same time most irrelevant argument is that NMT costs 450kgc at the moment and how it is not fair to those, who bought it recently. There are some other issues such as break rate of armors but mostly, it's all about kgcs, which I found silly. Prices change, that's the way economy works...

On the other hand, if NMT is made breakable, I think it should be fair to balance it with higher chance of NMT drop and lower chance of breaking expensive stuff.

Making NMT breakable is a bad idea. It would be ok if it had a history of always being breakable. But since it is not, most owners bought and planned there stratiges on the knoweldge they where making a good investment. As far as "N44b's trainning in plate and nmt" And we couldnt level like that in the old days arument is nonsense. Its the same people that cry when new players have an nmt that are trainning as fast they can that cry that "pk is dead" and "no one comes out to fight". And I doubt that evently there will be so many in came they will drop them on IP....If that is the case That means there are more NMT's being dropped then new people joing the game..Then I would blame poor marketing as opposed to blaming the Unbeakable nmt..

Making NMT breakable is a bad idea. It would be ok if it had a history of always being breakable. But since it is not, most owners bought and planned there stratiges on the knoweldge they where making a good investment. As far as "N44b's trainning in plate and nmt" And we couldnt level like that in the old days arument is nonsense. Its the same people that cry when new players have an nmt that are trainning as fast they can that cry that "pk is dead" and "no one comes out to fight". And I doubt that evently there will be so many in came they will drop them on IP....If that is the case That means there are more NMT's being dropped then new people joing the game..Then I would blame poor marketing as opposed to blaming the Unbeakable nmt..

...we had similiar problem in past with mirror...

Well I just heard capes can be broken and I really dont like that idea. We should be able to rely on one type of item not breaking and it should be cloaks. Weapons, armor, and medallions are understandable but capes which ar very hard to come by is just evil tongue.gif I really think you should consider making cloaks unbreakable or a mage NPC that makes them unbreakable (only for cloaks). It just seems fair.

reply...

A cape is just a piece of cloth, so it should break much easier than an armor.

Besides, there this way the game is more challenging, making you use the capes only when really needed.

and next one...

I must say it's almost impossible to sell mirror cloak these days. Market is really overflowed by them. when i started to play this game the price for mirror cloak was 8k gc. now i cant sell it even for 4k gc. Why? Because they r unbreakable(or break very very rarely) and they r monster drop stuff. So i think some1 should do something with it because every1 has mirror cloak and no1 buys it anymore.

i think they r only 2 ways how to fix this situation....Make it more breakable or make NPC who will buy them...for example 3k gc for 1 mirror cloak. (and if u guys decide for the 2nd option that would be great if this npc will buy BP cloaks(2k gc each) :D aswell :) )....and one more thing...Locate this npc in some pk zone to make it more interesting..for example KF :P

but it is good thinking! :)

then be careful in ur choices and don't reset :P

The nexus you bought for hydro is gone too, it's the same.

Maybe it could be a NMT and some bronze bars (100 ?), they are a little useless now and a pain to make/take a lot of time to make.

lol... 100 bronze bars? are you crazy? bronze bar = 10k gc or more, so more then 1.5mln for that perk Oo'

It's more likely Ent to have his castle first then that to happen :)

Hades is one of the very few people that got the sarcasm. Of course that I won't make the perk 'gettable' for anything but PPs.

Guest ohmygod

IMO it would be better to have NMT drop like rain drops. Then when prices crash through the floor have this poll. No one would be complaining then.

As it is now the prices are hitting all time highs and people are buying.

Edited by ohmygod

If you want a consensus for a change like this, and you also want to avoid angering a large portion of your player base, then I suggest grandfathering the existing NMTs. This can be easily accomplished by keeping NMTs unbreakable but make them no longer drop at all. Then introduce a new cloak which drops and breaks (or degrades).

This should benefit everyone. Existing NMT owners will likely see the value of their cloaks increase (but not too much -- I suspect 400K gc is already the most the market can bare before players turn to other alternatives like the perk or breakable cloaks). People who don't own an NMT get a cheaper way to acquire the NMT benefit. Game developers get the unbreakable NMTs slowly eliminated (by owners becoming inactive or unbreakable cloaks being destroyed) and get the 400K NMT windfall drop eliminated.

I was thinking about this a while, voted NO.

1. I think making nmt breakable is not effective. Because if nmt capes will be degradable, the price for the cloak should get very close to the average costs of broken armor without using nmt. So only players, using highest lvl armor will win from this.

2. I really liked Zamirah idea. I think that nmt capes should be changed to a nmt perk (will dissapear after reset) and banished from the game.

3. There is another solution- simly banish nmt from the game and it would be fair to give atleast the minimum compensation to the nmt owners (in gc). Players who prefer cheap training over pk'ing should take nmt perk.

Thats my point of view :)

Edited by IShadowI

So only players, using highest lvl armor will win from this.

And there I was thinking it's NMT purpose, to protect only the expensive stuff...

But Tarnbriar's got a point in there. Introduce another cape with same effect (maybe a bit lesser effect to obey logic and sense) and be breakable at the same time. It's just I fear that if that would be introduced, NMT would not circulate among players, everyone would be keeping his own because of its uniqueness.

Yes the drop rate can control how having too many NMT in game. Duh! The question is at what cost. If you have to keep the drop rate insanely low because they are not breakable then the price keeps going up and fewer and fewer players compared to the group as a whole get to have a NMT at all. How is that fair new players? We do want new players right? If you just increase the drop rate then they flood the market as is easily seen by the number in game already. An expanding player base also implies a larger number of players who can fight the creatures that drop NMT.

Prices change and people have been hit by this over and over and always will. That is just part of the game. The NMT is a higher change but that is because Entropy is being forced to reduce the drop rate. The price for the cloak is incorrectly and artificially high. The people complaining about price are not considering anything but their own pockets. Why can't everyone just put the best interests of the game first? Entropy is not trying to make them breakable to entertain himself. There is a very sound and very real reason they need to break.

We have been going in circles. People who vote yes do so because it is good for the game and people who vote no do it because it is good for themselves. I voted yes to break them before I had one and I voted yes to break them again now that I do have one. I don't have a way to get another one but they need to break. Forget the gold coins and do the right thing. Make them breakable so Entropy can increase the drop rate and more players can get them without flooding the market.

As is either only a very select few can get them or everyone will get one going forward based on what Entropy does with the drop rate. Let's show we care about the game, the community and the future and vote yes please. :)

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Guest ohmygod

Why not leave them unbreakable, stop monsters from dropping them and sell them from shop for $100usd each. That way Ent will get $ every time they enter the game. eg if 100 more enter the game in next 6months thats $10k.

If mine breaks from acid rain/brod i will be happy to pay for another for $ rather than serp 1000s of yeti and breaking armour like crazy.

I vote No.

The cloak name is NMT (No More Tears) so if it breaks you gone cry and then the name will be incompatible with feeling.

So create a new cape named ST (Some Tears) that are breakable and cost around 20k.

That's all folks!!!

Edited by barrosgi

"Make them breakable so Entropy can increase the drop rate and more players can get them without flooding the mark"

Isnt the point of making them breakable to keep them from flooding the market..How can an increase in drop rate do this...If at current rate it is somehow destroying the game?

Ok, everyone had the chance to vote, and the way it looks so far, those in favor for it to stay unbreakable win by a slight margin, so I am declaring this poll closed at 163 yes and 168 no.

Too bad that you voted against it, because many times you ask for something, you actually get it :)

We have been going in circles. People who vote yes do so because it is good for the game and people who vote no do it because it is good for themselves.

Im sure im not the only the player who takes exception to this comment :

1) Not all players who vote yes have voted so for unselfish reason, sure a few have voted so others dont catch them in a/d levels, or dont want other players to have what they havent got. Granted a few players have done so for what they feel is the good of the game ( unproven) so plz dont put yourself on a pedastel as the great EL saviours

2) I voted No but I dont have a cape I have the perk, so its for my good how ? :) , yes im sure that a few players voted no because of the reason stated but to generalize all players the same is pretty short sighted, all because I voted no doesnt mean I dont care about the game !!

If you read through peoples posts ( and i dont mean the ones that just say " omg ..450k I spent it sux") you will find people have various good reason why they have voted as they have.

Not going to start a flame war with you Tirun because mostly you have very good, well thought out points to make.. but dont always take what you say as gospel and Right

Note:

Am I the only one who is getting slightly confused over this now.. have the goal posts moved ? , I've always thought one of the main reasons people wanted they to break is because there are to many ingame and now it seems that arguement has moved to "break them, increase the drop rate because there isnt enough " :confused:

Edit: was typing while Ent posted so NVM lol .... and O dear well what ever happens only got ourselves to blame I suppose

Edited by conavar

Can we do this poll more often, for those 2 days NMTs were going for 100k less than recent market rates. I should have brought 3 or 4 and sold them in a few days when price rises again :)