Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Well thanks to me the majority so far is now for breaking them. I posted a LOT on the previous topic about why they should break. I have one and I very much hope the majority votes yes and they do become breakable. They need to be breakable for game balance and economic reasons period. Anyone who can afford a 400K cape in the first place does not need to whine about them becoming cheaper. If you have the ability to get and spend that much freaking gold coins then you don't really have a money problem do you?

I am tired of people saying no to breaking them because it would be 'unfair'. Life is not fair. Get over it. They need to be breakable and that is why Entropy is still looking for a solution. This solutions is more than fair. The price will go down and the people who could afford them for 400K will more than be able to pay for the 1/80K break rate. Icy, who gave me hers, paid 180K for it. Prices change. Is Entropy supposed to take my cloak out of game because it was purchased for only 180K and that is not fair to 'everyone' paying 400K?

Some people got them from drops while they were training there a/d. That is a completely free one since they were going to be training their a/d anyway. The ones who got them yetis before they were made tougher got PAID to get theirs. The price IMO has no place in the discussion about being breakable or not. Stop whining because you could not wait to get a drop of your own and paid for one. They need to break.

If Entropy wants to sell the perk from an NPC or sell the perk for the cloak or both that will mean that people will be getting a massive advantage over people who have had to deal with not having the perk all of this time. Shall we have a poll about it being 'fair' to all of the people who have not had the perk because they could not afford the pick points too? Where does it freaking stop? This vote is so close you need to do what is right Entropy and just make them breakable.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

@Acidic: Haha, I found that a few days ago. Even though the event is old, I thought it was hilarious.

@XitragupteN: If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Idiots generally have little say in the development of the world, anywhoo

Edited by Aphistolas

Please just close topic and do what you originally wanted to do Entropy. I feel that every time there is a poll, the result is something worse than it would have been.

Someone remembers the stuff with the summoning stones and with the articer perk :( I won't let you down :icon13:

Anyway, I will let the poll open until tomorrow, so that people from Asia and Europe can vote as well.

They need to be breakable
I have yet to see any conclusive real-world evidence that they NEED to be breakable. Only theories based on pure logic and assumption of what people might do.

As i said earlier, the price of the NMT cape on the market is increasing, and the availability is decreasing.

There are no trends to support the argument that the cape will some day be worth nothing and will be so common that we'll be dropping them in bags on IP for newbies.

What logic dictates and what actually ends up happening is not always the same... would be great if it was, but it aint.

BTW, no more personal flamings from now on or we get banned from the forum, as the rules stipulate, ok?

FTW Down With Tiruncollimdus!

:icon13:

Anyways, yeah, I apologize Entropy; no more flames.

It seems Yes is dominant.

Being the nice guy that I am I would like to point out that Acidic might have been posting while Entropy was making his post since the posts are only 1 minute apart. I don't think he should get banned unless he specifically says yes he read Entropy's post and posted his flame anyway. :icon13:

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Yeah, that was a very bad idea for him to post, especially right under my post, and he got suspended for 1 year from the forums because of it.

Being the nice guy that I am I would like to point out that Acidic might have been posting while Entropy was making his post since the posts are only 1 minute apart. I don't think he should get banned unless he specifically says yes he read Entropy's post and posted his flame anyway. :icon13:

Even if this is the case, it is against the forum rules too, and he flamed multiple times in this very thread already.

I voted no on making it breakable. The argument for making them breakable is that eventually there will be too many ingame and this will devalue them significantly. However, as the game progresses and gains in popularity the player base increases.

It's perfectly acceptable to have an unbreakable item in the game as long as the player base rises with the number of said item in the game. All it requires is a little tweaking o the drop rate depending on the number of active players playing the game.

Also, looking at the current state of affairs with the price increasing, availability decreasing and the demand increasing we can see the effect of more players (or maybe just more players with enough funds) is driving the price by itself. With the very rare current drop rate and a few (I admit not many) falling foul to BroD or acid rain there are still a few leaving the game keeping it fairly in balance.

Admittedly I don't have all the server logs and comparisons to make of people active in the game and the number of NMT's but I am just basing this on what I have seen from playing the game.

Edited by FatboyJaxx

I voted no on making it breakable. The argument for making them breakable is that eventually there will be too many ingame and this will devalue them significantly. However, as the game progresses and gains in popularity the player base increases.

It's perfectly acceptable to have an unbreakable item in the game as long as the player base rises with the number of said item in the game. All it requires is a little tweaking o the drop rate depending on the number of active players playing the game.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Umm, no, the reason is totally the opposite of what you just said.

The original idea was to make them more accessible to everyone that knows how to manage their items and training properly.

Which is surprising, because I would have thought that people would actually want to get one and would vote for my idea.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Umm, no, the reason is totally the opposite of what you just said.

The original idea was to make them more accessible to everyone that knows how to manage their items and training properly.

Which is surprising, because I would have thought that people would actually want to get one and would vote for my idea.

If I could be sure that the drop rate would be increased to the point that the price would definitely go below that of a CoL, I would have voted yes.

Edit: If it is true that the drop rate will increase A LOT (not say double or triple what it is now), then feel free to change my vote to yes. :icon13:

Edited by Ryuu

Edit: If it is true that the drop rate will increase A LOT (not say double or triple what it is now), then feel free to change my vote to yes. :icon13:

Lol, no, I won't change any votes. I already said in the first line of the thread not to vote like a bovine. You should have asked first.

Lol, no, I won't change any votes. I already said in the first line of the thread not to vote like a bovine. You should have asked first.

That's fine, it would only be a conditional yes from me anyway, I'd still be ok with "No" votes winning. But does that mean the drop rate would be increased as stated in my earlier post?

Just for clarification to those who haven't already voted like bovines :(

That's fine, it would only be a conditional yes from me anyway, I'd still be ok with "No" votes winning. But does that mean the drop rate would be increased as stated in my earlier post?

Just for clarification to those who haven't already voted like bovines :icon13:

If the vote is no, the drop rate will be as it is now.

Just for clarification to those who haven't already voted like bovines :icon13:

If the vote is no, the drop rate will be as it is now.

I meant if the yes voters won. Sorry if my post was poorly written.

Yes, of course, that was the idea. I can't tell the percent they will be increased with, because I'd first have to observe how often they break, and so on.

So what is your goal with a breakable NMT Ent? ...if you dont mind me asking.

What sort of price figure would you like them to be at?

How available would you have them be? Should most a/d trainers be able to get them easily enough? etc.

Just after a bit more info so those who haven't voted yet can make a more informed vote :icon13:

Edited by Korrode