Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

Well to be honest... i voted last time yes and i didn't have one then, and i vote yes now and jsut bought myself one for ~420k (gc+items worth this amount)

Coming to a lvl where i have the chance to get one myself, i think the one i just bought might save me more than a newone will cost.

I probably am a lucky guy, killed ~ 600 cyclops, 1100 armed orc, 100 fluffs and about 30 chimarans the only thing that happend to me was a degraded serpent sword. All these monsters are know for there great damaging behaveour.

and 2x 1/40k thats an awfull lot of hits :)

even if there are tons of drops and they got unleashed on market thus lowering the price, what would be wrong with that? Cheap NMTs aren't a bad thing imo.

I am sure that for you they aren't a bad thing, but then again, I have to look at the whole picture. And I strongly believe that this is the best option in this particular case.

The availability of the cape on the market seems to be decreasing, and the price is rising.

A pure logic point of view would have you believe what The_Piper has said above is how it will be, but it is not the reality of the situation. My vote will be No until i see the price of the cape decreasing and it's availability increasing. Which right now it's going in the opposite direction.

And you don't think that my proposal would mitigate the problem?

Yeah i think the price of NMT cape will go down just becouse of this thread :)

Edited by PlaX

already broke mine. If this one breaks, i want refund, but the seller stoped, u refund me my gc ent ? :] + the difference i would have made if i sold it while the price was still 400k+ ?...

The availability of the cape on the market seems to be decreasing, and the price is rising.

A pure logic point of view would have you believe what The_Piper has said above is how it will be, but it is not the reality of the situation. My vote will be No until i see the price of the cape decreasing and it's availability increasing. Which right now it's going in the opposite direction.

And you don't think that my proposal would mitigate the problem?

to be honest ?

No. the only thing to be aspected is that those who gets one as a drop will never put them on market. so the price will be rising constantly and no more will leave game. Just because the group that will keep them as a backup will be smaller than the group that could use one.

btw.

450 on howmany active players is it anyway ???

PS.

I think it will be same as with the rare items, those who don't have enough are always the ones complaining. And those who has save them for future use.

NMT breaking rate 1/80K

Can you tell me whats the breaking rate of tit shield or other popular item?

1/10k or less

I thought having a No Drops Day every 5 minutes was the sure-fire way of taking gc out of the game? Kill 10k giants and 5k dragons and you get another chance to throw gc away!!! :)

I voted no and i am bored and tired to mention the reasons again and again.

Time to reset and get the perk in the main server.

Pps are not important anymore. p/c will be usefull only in the pk server.

Some time ago i proposed that the chances to lose items from brod and sod should be increased.

I guess now u all understand why i asked such a thing...

I thought having a No Drops Day every 5 minutes was the sure-fire way of taking gc out of the game? Kill 10k giants and 5k dragons and you get another chance to throw gc away!!! :)

Actually, from a strictly financial point of view, we make better money by having a smaller invasion on a regular day than having a huge invasion on a no drops day.

On a regular (1 hour or less) invasion, there can be like 50 rostos out of the game (200 bucks). In an no drops, whole day invasion, there are maybe 50 broken good items (but usually less than that, and with the chance to repair), so the equivalent of the ingredients is about 50 bucks).

So 4 times less money for 6 times the effort. Not a really good trade, yes?

and there goes my thoughts that you thought about ingame economy instead of rl one o_0

or did i understood something wrong now?

I bought staff of protection 200k knowing it will eventually break in 1 day... or a few months... I'm maybe insane but why would buying nmt for 400k not have a breakrate? And its 1/40k.... I bet the SOP got like 4 times more chances of breaking than that though I got nmt perk... Wearing with mirror cloak and some good weapon and having nmt perk on top of that seems more worth it to me and I train in leather armor and enchanted wooden shield anyway :)

Edited by Yani

I am thinking of both, they are inter-related.

However, that was a side point, and the primary reason for the NMT breakable cape is the ingame economy. Like I was saying, we make much more money from rostos than from any other thing, and the NMT breaking rate has little effect on the rostogols in the game.

Time to reset and get the perk in the main server.

Pps are not important anymore. p/c will be usefull only in the pk server.

not for me :) 20 free pp...

but yeh... breakable nmt ... lol... why pay 450k gc now huh make nmts already ingame unbreakable, and a new kind of cape breakable with nmt powers. make the old nmt unable to be found anymore (such as a collector item...) with the time, number of unbreakable nmts will drop with brods / bans etc...

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

Correct, i bought mine when it was like 150k gc and got another one from fluffy \o/

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.

So its a "Yes" from me :D

Piper

~ good point , if items will never brake cause of an unbreakable NMT cape , or any way it might be called ,

it will ruin the 'economy' of EL ;

~ want to point out that more players seem to say they had items broken even with the NMT

and it always is an alternative of getting the perk ;

Shouldn't degraded (let's name it "Worn NMT cape" for example) be slighly less efficient at protecting equipment? Just a question of logic, since degraded swords and armor are slighly less powerful as their originals.

See, Entropy COULD have made that suggestion, but instead he's already accommodating us by saying it has to break twice to be really gone. The fast that a "degraded" NMT cloak performs just as well as an original one is a wonderful gift and encouragement to vote YES here.

Good point. I asked, because, that question was about to be asked. ;)

And I totally agree with the progress issue. It can't stay as it is. It must be dynamic, items flowing IN and also OUT in a balance. Everything changes during time, that's called life. :P

~ in that spirit I might add , that although VOTED NO , progress is the only way , though having that

cape is an original way of counter balancing the speed rate at which items brake , as it has been saidn ;

~ the best would be to have the chance of two versions of NMTs simultaneously . the old one being harder

to get + and a lesser version , that could brake , also with lower protection , but greatly increase the

chances of drop , and on leser creatures [ just a thought ]

What problem, exactly, are we trying to solve here?

It can't be that the cape is becoming "too common" because if it really were prices would go down, instead they're growing steadily. Saying "there are more than X" doesn't help much in assessing the effect that those capes are having on the game. I doubt that X-50 or X+50 would change much in the general economy of the game but, again, I'm just assuming.

The fact is, items break even with an NMT cape: it's just a matter of time. And, if there are too many high level items (I still fail to see how that can be considered a problem, but anyway) there are other means to achieve a reduction, as the most recent invasions have shown.

It's all a matter of balance. In a world were items are breakable, even the more expensive ones, those you worked a lot to buy/produce, an item that helps saving your items is a very appreciated way to fight entropy (no pun intended :) . And it's understandable that it has become one of the most desired items in the game.

Making the NMT unbreakable was a wise move and the logical counterweight to item loss by attrition. I don't see how putting it on the same level as all other items is going to help.

Rehdon

~ i must agree 100 % ; even with the cape , there still is a 25% chance of items been broken in combat.

also , the cape being called No More Tears is well chosen for an unbreakable item .

~ NMT being such a desired and rare item , actually helps economy , and makes people trade it

( that seems to be what is going on ) and also venture fighting to get drops risking breaking

armor and weapons ( making it degrade will greatly lower it's price and the benefits it now brings )

Can you make the server message on complete breakage for the NMT be :

"Your No More Tears Cape has broken. Now go cry about it to someone who cares."

Please? Twould be ever so funny :D

~ I must give a :) thumbs UP for that . :P just imagine the cries ;

especialy if you'd paid around 300k or more for it

( thou the prices will drop to a bottomless pit )

I love these kind of claims:

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.

Until i see some actual evidence of that eventually being the case, it's a No vote from me.

My guildmate has been actively searching for a NMT cloak for the last week, he is not finding one easily.

A couple of months ago NMT was 350-400kgc, now it is 400-450k, hell my guildmate hasn't been able to buy one @ 420kgc yet!

Omg, 5 years ago I paid like 800 USD for a computer that is now worth maybe 100 usd or less. So unfair this damn progress.

So when's the Pentium-II NMT cape coming out that will drop the value on the NMT-I capes? ;)

Good question. ;)

[edit]I started posting before this:

That's not the point. The same thing happens with a product soon after the release: The price is initially higher, then it drops in a few months, even if there is no better product currently available.

The only reason the price of electronics drops so dramatically a while after the release, even if the new version isn't out yet, is due to anticipation of the new version/model[/edit]

If you make it breakable, people will stop using it. And the number of cloaks won't decrease at all.

Agreed

The same way they don't use their thermal serpents which have twice as high of a breaking rate, right?

Anyway, if people don't use it, that's good for the economy, more broken items.

I think what's being implied here is that people will take the perk, i know i will.

I voted no, but i'm not all that worried about it. I'll just take the perk... which means i'll actually break less armors/weapons as i'll have NMT effect while i PK, as opposed to just while i train.

A final question;

How many of these 450 NMT cloaks in the game are on chars that haven't logged in for months? (are inactive).

One thing to say , i agree and actually wait to see how this will all turn out.

Voted NO , my first vote on this matter , and even if it will be decided to have a degradable NMT ,

it is all for the variety and change . We can not oppose that , it is an open vote .

~ can't wait to see how this poll will conclude

Edited by falonor

while people are voting yes and saying " take the perk" is there any guarantee the perk is always going to be ingame ?

while people are voting yes and saying " take the perk" is there any guarantee the perk is always going to be ingame ?

7 pp's and 1k gc? Its alot of pp's I don't see any reason to take it out of game, Its not like its easy to pay for

__Icy__ :)

Btw, voting yes could actually save you money, because if you get hit by the brod:

1. You still have cape that works.

2. If you get hit twice, you can buy a new one for less than 400K

Nice logic. By any chance is your "day job" working in the british treasury?

Voted yes btw, of course there are way too many in-game. Those complaining about the cost of breakage - simple, dont wear it if you can't afford to break it. when the price rises as they become rare, you made youself a profit. Think how many aug sets you can buy for $500k :)

while thinking.. why not just get rid of the cape of the unbreakable instead of removing the unbreakable

status off NMT. Instead of Cotu you could just letting Magic Protection Spell having a bit higher effect against

such weapons. that way ppl have a protection again brod/bod, not a 100% protection but at least they have

one, and more essences getting used plus probably more items get out of game and economys engine

gets turned on with the essies that are needed..

Well.. just a suggestion..

while thinking.. why not just get rid of the cape of the unbreakable instead of removing the unbreakable

status off NMT. Instead of Cotu you could just letting Magic Protection Spell having a bit higher effect against

such weapons. that way ppl have a protection again brod/bod, not a 100% protection but at least they have

one, and more essences getting used plus probably more items get out of game and economys engine

gets turned on with the essies that are needed..

Well.. just a suggestion..

Even tho im against making breakable, that solution wouldnt help. People would just not wear nmt in pk.

well maybe im the only one but i never wear nmt in pk anyways lol o_0 even if i have thermal with me.

i only carry it with me in case someone wanna try pvp with me, else i only use mirror and cotu anyways.