Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Owning one - I would love to vote and keep it unbreakable - but as the_piper says - you cannot have an unbreakable item constantly being added.... so voted yes

Just another point:

you mean i am working my ass off for a cape thats going to be worth bugger all if you make it breakable?

PSSS

btw, those that voted yes, GET YOUR HEADS CHECK FAST

:)

Edited by DragonStorm

Shouldn't degraded (let's name it "Worn NMT cape" for example) be slighly less efficient at protecting equipment? Just a question of logic, since degraded swords and armor are slighly less powerful as their originals.

See, Entropy COULD have made that suggestion, but instead he's already accommodating us by saying it has to break twice to be really gone. The fast that a "degraded" NMT cloak performs just as well as an original one is a wonderful gift and encouragement to vote YES here.

Good point. I asked, because, that question was about to be asked. :)

And I totally agree with the progress issue. It can't stay as it is. It must be dynamic, items flowing IN and also OUT in a balance. Everything changes during time, that's called life. :icon13:

Btw, voting yes could actually save you money, because if you get hit by the brod:

1. You still have cape that works.

2. If you get hit twice, you can buy a new one for less than 400K

I vote no way....

I have killed over 9k Fluffs and 2k Feros and gotten nothing. The best drop I have ever gotten from one of these creatures is an MM cloak, and only a few of those. IF I ever actually get an NMT drop, it will be rather disheartening to say the least to know this item could break the next time I use it

In addition, if you want to make the NMT breakable, you need to make all high level drops reasonable. Now the only way to keep even training is to get an NMT and sell it (therefore, I am no where near even). This makes the average fluffy drop say double or triple to enough to cover equipment (aug leather and steel chain here), essies, and srs.

Can you make the server message on complete breakage for the NMT be :

"Your No More Tears Cape has broken. Now go cry about it to someone who cares."

Please? Twould be ever so funny :)

I vote no way....

I have killed over 9k Fluffs and 2k Feros and gotten nothing.

Hmm, maybe it's a bug, because people usually get good exp by killing so many monsters.

What problem, exactly, are we trying to solve here?

It can't be that the cape is becoming "too common" because if it really were prices would go down, instead they're growing steadily. Saying "there are more than X" doesn't help much in assessing the effect that those capes are having on the game. I doubt that X-50 or X+50 would change much in the general economy of the game but, again, I'm just assuming.

The fact is, items break even with an NMT cape: it's just a matter of time. And, if there are too many high level items (I still fail to see how that can be considered a problem, but anyway) there are other means to achieve a reduction, as the most recent invasions have shown.

It's all a matter of balance. In a world were items are breakable, even the more expensive ones, those you worked a lot to buy/produce, an item that helps saving your items is a very appreciated way to fight entropy (no pun intended :) . And it's understandable that it has become one of the most desired items in the game.

Making the NMT unbreakable was a wise move and the logical counterweight to item loss by attrition. I don't see how putting it on the same level as all other items is going to help.

Rehdon

Omg, 5 years ago I paid like 800 USD for a computer that is now worth maybe 100 usd or less. So unfair this damn progress.
So when's the Pentium-II NMT cape coming out that will drop the value on the NMT-I capes? :)

That's not the point. The same thing happens with a product soon after the release: The price is initially higher, then it drops in a few months, even if there is no better product currently available.

voted no as well like i did last time.

you know im trying to stay a one job player.. and thats beeing a fighter. The manu thing i plan is not

to make money, its rather to have something to do on days where there is nothing up. and beeing a pure

fighter isnt much profitable (or i just didnt found out a profitable way) so im pretty always broke. The money

i get from drops just is about enough to fix armors and get training supplies.

But after all if such a poll gets brought up every time over and over again of course someday it will happen.

After all i like the suggestion about making it degradable, with still having the same effect.

I can understand you want to get rid off of items and such.

Besides i still dont think its a bad thing that newcomers can catch up faster than oldbies used to be. I mean

where would be the sense achieving lvls if you cant reach those ever beeing high lvl.

Maybe im just beeing selfish.. not thinking about economy. dont know if any player who found a nmt wasnt

able to sell it actually o_0 well never the less.. no matter who often i will vote no on this someday itll

become breakable and i have to live with that, which will be no problem as well. but at least i can say i tried. :)

But after all if such a poll gets brought up every time over and over again of course someday it will happen.

Actually, this is my second poll about it, and most likely there won't be new polls on this subject any time soon, regardless of the outcome of this poll.

Anyway, many people were complaining that there is not enough democracy, so now people have, again, the chance to vote for changes (or lack of changes).

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

Correct, i bought mine when it was like 150k gc and got another one from fluffy \o/

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.

So its a "Yes" from me :)

Piper

I totally agree with Piper!

Endless items are a bad think for a game like this that we all love.

For me, make the NMT breakable (I voted yes also at the previous poll)

I say YES if, with them being breakable and less being ingame and therefore more armours etc getting broken in the long run.. remove the BROD from the game ( be no call for it to remove items from the game)

ok let the flames begin :)

If you want to help economy you can do this . Let nmt stay unbreakable with this conditions. Nmt will require 10 human nex. No other nex except human. Atleast i will be happy \o/

I love these kind of claims:

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.
Until i see some actual evidence of that eventually being the case, it's a No vote from me.

My guildmate has been actively searching for a NMT cloak for the last week, he is not finding one easily.

A couple of months ago NMT was 350-400kgc, now it is 400-450k, hell my guildmate hasn't been able to buy one @ 420kgc yet!

The availability of the cape on the market seems to be decreasing, and the price is rising.

A pure logic point of view would have you believe what The_Piper has said above is how it will be, but it is not the reality of the situation. My vote will be No until i see the price of the cape decreasing and it's availability increasing. Which right now it's going in the opposite direction.

Omg, 5 years ago I paid like 800 USD for a computer that is now worth maybe 100 usd or less. So unfair this damn progress.
So when's the Pentium-II NMT cape coming out that will drop the value on the NMT-I capes? :)
Good question. ;)

[edit]

I started posting before this:

That's not the point. The same thing happens with a product soon after the release: The price is initially higher, then it drops in a few months, even if there is no better product currently available.
The only reason the price of electronics drops so dramatically a while after the release, even if the new version isn't out yet, is due to anticipation of the new version/model

[/edit]

If you make it breakable, people will stop using it. And the number of claoks wount decrease at all.
Agreed

The same way they don't use their thermal serpents which have twice as high of a breaking rate, right?

Anyway, if people don't use it, that's good for the economy, more broken items.

I think what's being implied here is that people will take the perk, i know i will.

I voted no, but i'm not all that worried about it. I'll just take the perk... which means i'll actually break less armors/weapons as i'll have NMT effect while i PK, as opposed to just while i train.

A final question;

How many of these 450 NMT cloaks in the game are on chars that haven't logged in for months? (are inactive).

Edited by Korrode

well i dont wanted to sound rude radu. i was just pointing at my oppinion that polls dont seem to work..

like for the pk server.. there werent as much pledges as you wanted but still its gonna come iirc.

Anyways. like i said, no matter how itll go, it will just be another challenge for me and im fine with that

i just want to be able to say i tried : :P;)

And im all with conavar :D i got yer back :)

I don't own one, so sorry for the following...

I voted yes, for the same reasons the other's have said yes. Items need to go OUT of the game somehow. If they never disappear, they will become junk sometime. I do think the drop rate should possibly increase now though.

It's sad that you paid 400k for one or more, or less. But that's the breaks, did you buy it for investment? Did you actually think it would be unbreakable forever? Cause even NOT owning one, I didn't think it would last forever.

Hate to offend anyone... but this is just what I believe.

The availability of the cape on the market seems to be decreasing, and the price is rising.

A pure logic point of view would have you believe what The_Piper has said above is how it will be, but it is not the reality of the situation. My vote will be No until i see the price of the cape decreasing and it's availability increasing. Which right now it's going in the opposite direction.

And you don't think that my proposal would mitigate the problem?

I voted no, it would make it like half the risk of breaking thermal serp all the time when you are training. And also, what exactly is wrong with there being a lot of nmts ingame? 1) if people hoard them they won't be affecting market anyway 2) even if there are tons of drops and they got unleashed on market thus lowering the price, what would be wrong with that? Cheap NMTs aren't a bad thing imo.

Besides, there could be some quest or NPC to take NMTs out of the game. Even if they must be removed from game, it doesn't HAVE to break. :)

~Senia

Edited by Ryuu