Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Read the thread before voting, and think a little before voting like a bovine, ok?

As you might remember, there was a poll about it a while ago, where the question asked was:

Would you like to make the NMT breakable (1/40K chance), and slightly increase the chance of getting one?

At the time, more than half were against this idea, so I came up with a new idea:

How about I make the NMT degradable first? The degraded version would be identical in functionality to the normal one, and would have the same breaking rate and stuff.

In effect, this would make the NMT breaking rate 1/80K, which I think it's pretty small.

Last time I checked (yesterday), there were ~450 NMTs in the game, a pretty big number.

So, would you like to make it breakable as explained here?

Yes, I think it should be breakable because too many noobs are lvl'ing fast wearing good armors and fighting strong monsters using the NMT. It's easier for a person to get in the top 10 now then it was 2 year ago.

Quick question: would this be with increased drop rate or without?

(Obviously drop rate wouldn't need to be increased as much as planned for "old suggestion" of breakrate 1/40k.)

I thought it was a great idea on the 1st poll. Yes I do have NMT perk but thats for pk reasons when I get high enough to kill the things that drop it I will probably do another reset and get rid of perk :)

(I voted Yes)

(Edit) P.S. I use to have NMT cloak but gave it away when I got perk :icon13:

__Icy__

Edited by Icy

I know, that people will hate me, call me names and probably hang me on VotD lantern, but still I have to ask.

Shouldn't degraded (let's name it "Worn NMT cape" for example) be slighly less efficient at protecting equipment? Just a question of logic, since degraded swords and armor are slighly less powerful as their originals.

Ok, question placed, now I'm gonna find rope and hang myself on that lantern, before half the community does...

last time i voted yes,i still didnt change mind so i vote yes,i think its good idea to have degradable nmt....every item that goes to game need also way how to leave the game to keep economic..dont count brod it isnt reliable :) there must come some way to get nmt out of game,sooner or later....

Cyberwulf Posted Today, 08:52 PM

No, just paid a lot gc for it, that is not fair! sad.gif

life is never fair...and game isnt also,why did you pay 400kgc for a cloak that costed 60kgc once? lol

Edited by Maslicka

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

Correct, i bought mine when it was like 150k gc and got another one from fluffy \o/

Unbreakable items in an endless game are never a good idea, now we have 450 in game, next year 1000 and in 2 years we are dropping them on IP for the newbies.

So its a "Yes" from me :)

Piper

If you make it breakable, people will stop using it. And the number of claoks wount decrease at all.

Agreed

The same way they don't use their thermal serpents which have twice as high of a breaking rate, right?

Anyway, if people don't use it, that's good for the economy, more broken items.

I voted yes - this will have a nice effect on the economy and their resale values.

Why? Because buying one NMT is actually the same as buying two, which can only drive the price up further :)

I voted no as without the cape the game will get bloody expensive due to armour breaking all the while, so with this in mind it might push people out of the game and would you want that?

How about I make the NMT degradable first? The degraded version would be identical in functionality to the normal one, and would have the same breaking rate and stuff.
Would it be repairable at an NPC?

No i should remain unbreakable, people voting yes will be those that havnt paid 400k for one, bit unfair really.

I agree. No.

NOooooooooooooooooooo0000000000000!!!! way i just paid 425k for mine just a few days ago.. this would be unfair for people who have paid alot of gold for the NMT.

Edited by valcaz

Omg, 5 years ago I paid like 800 USD for a computer that is now worth maybe 100 usd or less. So unfair this damn progress.

Shouldn't degraded (let's name it "Worn NMT cape" for example) be slighly less efficient at protecting equipment? Just a question of logic, since degraded swords and armor are slighly less powerful as their originals.

See, Entropy COULD have made that suggestion, but instead he's already accommodating us by saying it has to break twice to be really gone. The fast that a "degraded" NMT cloak performs just as well as an original one is a wonderful gift and encouragement to vote YES here.

Of course the cloak should be breakable, at some rate, see the "dropping on IP for newbies" comment someone made. There is no challenge when everyone has everything, and over time it will certainly seem that way. 450 cloaks... if those hording them sold all theirs, who would still buy all the iron and steel bars the lower level alchers are selling?

lilcnoot

Edit: Lmao at Ent's computer comment. Yeah, down with progress!

Edited by LilBear

Omg, 5 years ago I paid like 800 USD for a computer that is now worth maybe 100 usd or less. So unfair this damn progress.
So when's the Pentium-II NMT cape coming out that will drop the value on the NMT-I capes? :)

Exactly what i would have said :)

Voted yes :icon13: