Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaida

Just A Thank You ...

First and foremost I want to thank Soldus for approving my registration and the the admin in game who helped me as well (sorry forgot your name, forgive me?). Big hugs to the admin, I've not played EL in some time and loving the improvents. :hug:

You guys are great, I'm looking forward to new sound effects as well!!!

god i hate posts like this..

You know, it's nice every once in a while to have someone say something nice to all the people here who work hard. So indeed, thank you mods!

It's attitudes like yours that bring down the community and the people who work on this game. If you want to post such garbage do so elsewhere, it's not wanted here!

ok ok, what's wrong with you?

your post would have been deleted for unnessesary comment ;p

Is it worth you spank Jaida up who wanna say thank admin/devs for their great works even though this kind of post would be merged with any other posts like this?

Jaida just wanted to say thank them and has just joined forum members since today.

cmon

anyway, Jaida, have fun playing EL :sneaky:

edit: lol ah it seems something above has been deleted. and almost totally same as Roja said.

to Aphistolas: haha yeah i know and so do a lot of people, but mods or admins will do their job, so you just stay it as it is. :stare:

just my thought

Edited by AluminA

Yeah, that happens a lot to me... :sneaky: S'ppose I should actually try to post something constructive, though.

I didn't mean to come off so rudely, in my first post.

I'm just saying, Isn't it blatantly obvious we all love this game, and for that matter; its creators / upholders?

Really, there must be some proverb that explains this.

From past experience, heh "experience", it seems to me that threads like these are often created to 'suck-up' (no innuendo there) to the administrators / moderators / whoever is in a five KM radius.

I'm all for EL, really, I just thought saying things like that were pointless - because the people who are being honored, know they are liked by the player base. You just have to look in the "Art Work updates" thread to see all the "Awesome work!!!" comments.

Edited by Aphistolas

I'm all for EL, really, I just thought saying things like that were pointless - because the people who are being honored, know they are liked by the player base. You just have to look in the "Art Work updates" thread to see all the "Awesome work!!!" comments.

Take a look at all the posts and negative comments we get around here as well. The bitching, whining, complaining, "this game sux" type stuff. Unfortunately we do hear a lot more negative things than positive. -but it's mainly because the positive people don't speak up as often.

If everyone took at attitude like yours where you never say anything nice or good about the game, I myself would have quit and given up a long time ago.

Even Entropy did quit the game once because of the rude and bad attitudes of people-which is why we instituted the rules we have now, that you should be constructive in your posts, and any bashing gets deleted and you possibly banned.

Yeah, that happens a lot to me... :sneaky: S'ppose I should actually try to post something constructive, though.

I'm just saying, Isn't it blatantly obvious we all love this game, and for that matter; its creators / upholders?

From past experience, heh "experience", it seems to me that threads like these are often created to 'suck-up' (no innuendo there) to the administrators / moderators / whoever is in a five KM radius.

Judging by all the f*** you comments etc the Mods have to listen to, I would have to say NO its not obvious. These guys put in a lot of work and effort to make our game play more enjoyable, saying thanks now and then is not sucking up, its recognition for a job well done. And with the stress of the update they need all the encouragment they can get.

Roja KNOW her artwork is good, but I doubt she would spend hours and hours making new clothes etc if people did not post thier thanks. After all the negative comments we read in the forums its nice to read a few positive ones :stare:

Wolfy

EDIT: Damn Roja, you type fast :icon13:

Edited by WolfWitch

No bickering from me! I just want to add my appreciation to everyone who puts effort into EL without asking for anything in return. :sneaky:

Thank you all! From Roja and Entropy all the way down to the players helping with the testing and editing....

Judging by all the f*** you comments etc the Mods have to listen to, I would have to say NO its not obvious. These guys put in a lot of work and effort to make our game play more enjoyable, saying thanks now and then is not sucking up, its recognition for a job well done. And with the stress of the update they need all the encouragment they can get.

Roja KNOW her artwork is good, but I doubt she would spend hours and hours making new clothes etc if people did not post thier thanks. After all the negative comments we read in the forums its nice to read a few positive ones :stare:

Wolfy

EDIT: Damn Roja, you type fast :icon13:

Couldnt have said it better myself Wolfie, :sneaky:

Maybe the Mods/Devs/Roja and Ent know most players like there game and appreciate the work they do... but does it hurt to tell them from time to time ? of course not.

However much we like to pretend our little community is all roses and fluffy bunnys, the truth is stupid/ignorant/abusive people do play and the Mods/devs etc DO get a lot of grief, so someone saying thanks once in a while is great IMO

The dev/mods/Roja and Ent give up a lot of there free time, unpaid to make/run this game for us, so IMO fair play to them. they deserve all the credit people give them because without them there wouldnt be a game.

:D

Well it aint that bad to show respect to the work the devs and some of the mods (note i didnt say "all" :stare:) do.

We may not always like what the devs add to the game but some ppl should take into mind that they

actually THINK about how making the game more... worth it to play.. and that doesnt mean that they always

have to add something that makes your life easier.

Some downsides of an Update just give you a challenge, i wasnt happy about astrology first i heard of it

(well now im skeptic :icon13:) but it still is a nice idea to actually come up with.

Im a Tad creative.. but what would i give about the Skills that Roja shows us every now and then, i have

so much respect for the art you do and what you come up with.

And Radu.. geez lol.. i like your dark sense of humor :D:sneaky: your ideas make the game a challenge over

and over again. that keeps me going. dunno.. you must have several Monkeys working in a room to get

all ideas for the game for all the stuff i think sometimes.

And the Mods.. well.. i never really have the same oppinion on stuff as they have and they seem a bit pissed

all the time.. but i would be like that too if i had to handle and to interact with some persons with bad

attitude. big respect for for not throwing the towel and give up :D

Anyways.. think what yall want.. it may sound slimy but thats what i think about em. Showing em the respect

and showing them how much you appreciate their work shows em youre happy with what they do and they

keep going. This is the first MMORPG i ever played, and it will be the last one as well. And if i really feel

bored again some day i just take a break, maybe play something different, but i know i will always find

my way back here. one of the reasons may be the friends i have here but one big reason is as well that

im always getting surprised from the ppl who made this game.

Thanks to you.

-Scorp

I just want to add my appreciation to everyone who puts effort into EL without asking for anything in return.

Yep i'd like to say thanks to everyone who dedicates thier time to making EL a great game but for my regards i'd like a couple of COL, a few sets of full Titanium Armor, a couple of Thermal Serps, a free bot, a free guild map and 200k Iron Ore ( I would accept a lifetime supply of iron ore, say 5k a month or something ? )

But really ! Wikid game , great community and most of all free to play which still amazes me alot of the time.

Peace ! ( and free iron ore for aTeh :) )

:) seems many ppl feel the same way when they see a response like yours. I never played a online game before ('cept Poker games :icon13: ) and i dont see me trying any others in the future, the game has gotten better in the year or so i have playing. I for one am glad Eternal Lands caters to adults.

Take a look at all the posts and negative comments we get around here as well. The bitching, whining, complaining, "this game sux" type stuff. Unfortunately we do hear a lot more negative things than positive. -but it's mainly because the positive people don't speak up as often.

If everyone took at attitude like yours where you never say anything nice or good about the game, I myself would have quit and given up a long time ago.

Even Entropy did quit the game once because of the rude and bad attitudes of people-which is why we instituted the rules we have now, that you should be constructive in your posts, and any bashing gets deleted and you possibly banned.

Oh, my. It seems I greatly misjudged the people around here - no offense intended by that. Frankly, I thought moderators / developers wouldn't really take what maybe 5-10 people said to heart. Espeically when you see how many people are online (wasn't it something like... more than 1.5K a day?) who love the game. If you had asked me what I thought of EL I'd tell you it was spectacular, many people feel this way - so I assumed all the moderators / developers knew this!

So I guess a little complimenting is in order? Thanks to everybody who ever worked on EL, this game is the best MMO I've ever played. The attached forums are also great, since I cannot play EL* they have been my only source of game-contact. I tip my spiffy hat to you all. *Tip*

* Computer melted on me! That's too many nights playing this game! :)

Yeah, that happens a lot to me... :omg: S'ppose I should actually try to post something constructive, though.

Honestly, I didn't think there were that many 'f*** you comments' in-game, or otherwise. I just thought it would be kinda hard to hear the few negative comments over hoards of thunderous appulase. I also (jeez, I need to stop doing this) thought several of the moderators / devleopers did not care for the 'f*** you' comments.

But, I'll start mentioning my gratitude more, tendancy to spam ;)

Roja KNOW her artwork is good, but I doubt she would spend hours and hours making new clothes etc if people did not post thier thanks. After all the negative comments we read in the forums its nice to read a few positive ones ;)

Wolfy

EDIT: Damn Roja, you type fast :P

Well, thanks all. Didn't really see from others POV - I just thought 'petting' would be considered annoying by the devlopers/moderators. Seems I thought wrong, again.

@Developers: Your game is brilliant. Every aspect of it, even the ones that make me spend hours upon hours on my computer ( ;) ), are great.

@Moderators: Even if there is some rule that prohibits this, you're an awesome bunch of people. Thanks especially to Acelon - who got me out of C2 hell that invasion day! :D and Aislinn who sorted out my IP address problem.

(Okay, I'm too relaxed to go form a coherent argument, so I apologize if that post seems a little odd.)

You got a prob with the mods budy!? They seem fine to me ty all :)

I agree with Jaida. Great Work!

and someone updated the EL wikipedia page to give credit to the developers and Volunteer here

Ok, now I am REALLY pissed!

First of all, it was YOU, not SOMEONE who did that. And you FUCKED UP the page, it looks like total shit (and not following any Wikipedia standard at all).

When I wake up, I want that page to be fixed.

Actually, the truth is that sometimes it is hard to see bright sides when you get yelled at/bitched at/swear at. Even one person doing it may screw all your joy, satisfaction and pleasure of playin. Critique is more than needed, yet, make it reasonable, emphasise your points.

Actually, the truth is that sometimes it is hard to see bright sides when you get yelled at/bitched at/swear at. Even one person doing it may screw all your joy, satisfaction and pleasure of playin. Critique is more than needed, yet, make it reasonable, emphasise your points.
This is one of the rare occasions I agree with Kheres ;)

believe it or not, all those mods/devs/whoever are all human like the rest of us. We all like a pat on the back once in a while, as long as we don't think it's a bribe! But there's a balance required. What a lot of people don't seem to realise is that misunderstandings, disputes and such stuff are inevitable, but they can still be handled amicably. I think it was Confucius that first said the Golden Rule. He was right. :wacko:

A thank you from me to all who make this game work like it does. :( It is a lot of work and well done I think.

Never thought I'd be playing a game like this, and I do not think I'll be playing any other game online, but I just love it ... so yeah, a big thank you from me as well!

I want to add a thanks to Acelon specifically for his well prepared post-invasion EL Quiz last Sunday!

So well planned and organized, questions well written and assembled in subjects... better than any teevee game show I've ever seen! In all disclosure, I did win a prize. By luck, having recently visited the places the questions were about, and by default due to correct spelling.

The point is the people that work hard for EL make it wonderful for those of us who just play and don't pay. My real prize came when I discovered EL for the first time, and that ain't no toothpaste commercial. Say so and I pwn j00....

All this said, I'd like to add a small bit:

I'm an EL contributor, very recent one actually, and I'd like to thank also to the players that play this game by its rules (had to say this).

Players make this game, devs make this game. Both are indissociable. Devs do things to improve player's experiences, players (at the very end) decide, either explicitly or not, what Devs do.

So I think players also should receive a "thank you" for playing this amazing game, that is (it is!) developed for their own experience.

Álvaro

I enjoy being able to immerse myself in EL as an escape from the pressures of RL. Keep up the good work all contributors, most of us think it's well worth your effort and appreciate the work you put in.

isnt it common knowledge that:

positive comments are received positive and you will get a positive response back

negative comments are received negative and you will get a negative response back

negative comments are remembered longer for some odd reason than positive ones

and no matter how positive/negative you think of something you can ALLWAYS say it in a positive way!

the sandwich principle:

positive comment

feedback message (what can be better)

positive comment

that way everything you have to say will be received with a smile, whether or not it is acted upon

So you can still be "bitching and moaning" ... but don't do it in a bitching or moaning way ... do it in this sandwich feedback model

You can still express everything you dislike in the game, but it wont sound like bitching or moaning but instead it will sound like you are helping and contirbuting to increase game-pleasure.

Garfield.