Eternal Lands Official Forums
SL7yz0r

2008 Presidential Candidates

2008 Presidential Candidates  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like so farin pres. race?

• John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Rudy Guliani
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • John Edwards
    • Alan Keys
    • Mike Gravel
    • Ron Paul
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Mitt Romney
    • Barrack Obama
    • Tom Tancredo
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson
    • None of the Above

Ok, well, nicky and SL7yz0r, I really hope that God will reward you in life directly proportional with your positive contribution to this world.

I hope the same for you as well, I enjoy the back and forth of idea's and mean no malice towards anyone else here. Sometimes these threads go to far, but i think most would agree that these are things worth talking about and that having others challenge your ideas can make you look at what you believe in a new light.

Sorry i am radical conservative but yes I do believe this. Limiting the rights of the citizens of you're country should never be tolerated. Unfortunately, some people just don't care. O well, just my opinion though. I HATE strong federal government, sometimes i wish i lived in the 1700s when States actually had STATES RIGHTS. :wacko:

#EDIT: Just wanted to add my favorite quote

Those who would give up a little freedom for safety, deserve neither.

-Ben Franklin

Ok, fine, I value the freedom too.

But what if China or Russia wants to free us from our government, and force their much better (in their view) ideology on us? Because that's exactly what you and other neocons promote (forcing your views on other nations).

Because China and Russian government are limiting the freedoms of their citizens which they have no right to do. I do not respect communism view because it is evil, it is the same as stealing. They are stealing freedom. I can deal with American liberals because it is way less extreme, but still, even seatbelt laws piss me off. Who gave the federal gov the right to tell me i have to wear a seatbelt? Me wearing or not wearing a steatbelt effects nobody's life BUT MINE. It is not their place to tell me what to do unless i am limiting the freedoms and rights of the people around me.

Because China and Russian government are limiting the freedoms of their citizens which they have no right to do.

I disagree. I think that many Chinese and Russian people think their country and culture is superior to the one of the USA. So according to your beliefs, if they believe that, they should be able to take over the world, freeing all the other nations.

Or are you that arrogant as to believe that your view, and your view alone is the only right view, and only you and your country is allowed to 'liberate' other nations?

Who gave the federal gov the right to tell me i have to wear a seatbelt? Me wearing or not wearing a steatbelt effects nobody's life BUT MINE. It is not their place to tell me what to do unless i am limiting the freedoms and rights of the people around me.

So you resent your own government for dictating what you have to do (btw, the seatbelt laws are state, not federal), but on the other hand, you approve them telling other, sovereign nations what to do, or else.

Right?

Because China and Russian government are limiting the freedoms of their citizens which they have no right to do.

I disagree. I think that many Chinese and Russian people think their country and culture is superior to the one of the USA. So according to your beliefs, if they believe that, they should be able to take over the world, freeing all the other nations.

Or are you that arrogant as to believe that your view, and your view alone is the only right view, and only you and your country is allowed to 'liberate' other nations?

Who gave the federal gov the right to tell me i have to wear a seatbelt? Me wearing or not wearing a steatbelt effects nobody's life BUT MINE. It is not their place to tell me what to do unless i am limiting the freedoms and rights of the people around me.

So you resent your own government for dictating what you have to do (btw, the seatbelt laws are state, not federal), but on the other hand, you approve them telling other, sovereign nations what to do, or else.

Right?

Really. I thought it was federal for some reason. Either way, it is wrong, but i I'm a little more comfortable with it being state law.

And i think that maybe the lazy citizens of China and Russians enjoy communism. But why would a person with incredible potential enjoy being held back by his government? I don't know about Russia, but i do know that the Chinese government doesn't allow the majority of its citizens to study capitalism and its benefits, they are content with their lack of freedoms because they are used to it, a few years ago, some Chinese college students started to learn about capitalism and rallied a protest, all of them were executed, some other incidents have occured where the protesters were thrown in jail. For example: don't miss Eternal Lands and go through depression stages from not playing if i have not ever played it, same with freedom. The difference is that God has intended for me to enjoy freedom. So every individual on earth has a right to it.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Sorry i am radical conservative but yes I do believe this. Limiting the rights of the citizens of you're country should never be tolerated. Unfortunately, some people just don't care. O well, just my opinion though. I HATE strong federal government, sometimes i wish i lived in the 1700s when States actually had STATES RIGHTS. :wacko:

-Ben Franklin

But what if China or Russia wants to free us from our government, and force their much better (in their view) ideology on us? Because that's exactly what you and other neocons promote (forcing your views on other nations).

Because China and Russian government are limiting the freedoms of their citizens which they have no right to do. I do not respect communism view because it is evil, it is the same as stealing. They are stealing freedom. I can deal with American liberals because it is way less extreme, but still, even seatbelt laws piss me off. Who gave the federal gov the right to tell me i have to wear a seatbelt? Me wearing or not wearing a steatbelt effects nobody's life BUT MINE. It is not their place to tell me what to do unless i am limiting the freedoms and rights of the people around me.

Ok , well how about this for limiting your freedoms :

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...1107_no_law.htm

It is not thier place to tell you what to do ? It is, you voted for them thats exactly what your vote does , it gives them the right to rule over you. Its called consent, and by voting thats what you give.

Trouble is, they dont actually need us to vote anymore to do any of this. They'd do it anyway , voting just gives us the illusion that we have made our voice heard and maybe the nice man in a suit will make things better for us. Yeh right !

Few more links about ''freedom'' and ''Government'' for you to digest :

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...07_b_herded.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...b_crackdown.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem..._chemtrails.htm

Slowly but surely they tighten the grip, restrict movement , forcibly inject us with drugs, stop us gathering in the streets. These are lines from a bad science fiction film? Nope, its happening today folks. Thanks to the nice leaders we all elect ( or dont in some cases ).

But hey, maybe a new man in a suit will change all this and make it better for us? Put us to bed early with a nice glass of warm milk, tuck us in and read us a story about the three little piggys.

In the morning, he will tell us we should take half the day off on full pay, and hey ! How about a tax break, that would be nice ! Hey ! How about instead of spending trillions of $ on war, they spent a few back home on the homeless, the hungry, the sick. Yeh ...... and then REALITY kicks in ............

-Ben Franklin

Ok , well how about this for limiting your freedoms :

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...1107_no_law.htm

It is not thier place to tell you what to do ? It is, you voted for them thats exactly what your vote does , it gives them the right to rule over you. Its called consent, and by voting thats what you give.

Trouble is, they dont actually need us to vote anymore to do any of this. They'd do it anyway , voting just gives us the illusion that we have made our voice heard and maybe the nice man in a suit will make things better for us. Yeh right !

Few more links about ''freedom'' and ''Government'' for you to digest :

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...07_b_herded.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem...b_crackdown.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/novem..._chemtrails.htm

Slowly but surely they tighten the grip, restrict movement , forcibly inject us with drugs, stop us gathering in the streets. These are lines from a bad science fiction film? Nope, its happening today folks. Thanks to the nice leaders we all elect ( or dont in some cases ).

But hey, maybe a new man in a suit will change all this and make it better for us? Put us to bed early with a nice glass of warm milk, tuck us in and read us a story about the three little piggys.

In the morning, he will tell us we should take half the day off on full pay, and hey ! How about a tax break, that would be nice ! Hey ! How about instead of spending trillions of $ on war, they spent a few back home on the homeless, the hungry, the sick. Yeh ...... and then REALITY kicks in ............

Yeah, i heard about that dam vaccine law on FOX yesterday.

And as far as federal power goes, Our country is getting more left by the day. Apparently our political leaders don't realize that all laws must comply with our ultimate document to rule all laws, the Constitution. Maybe they stopped at the 9th amendment because the 10th is disregarded more often than not.

And i'de rather not have my tax dollars going to the homeless and hungry in this country. They have already been given opportunity's to prosper (unlike the Iraq people, Chinese, and Russians...) but are either lazy or like living on the street. Public libraries and schools are available to these people where they can become educated or educate themselves.

"Yeah, i heard about that dam vaccine law on FOX yesterday.

And as far as federal power goes, Our country is getting more left by the day. Apparently our political leaders don't realize that all laws must comply with our ultimate document to rule all laws, the Constitution. Maybe they stopped at the 9th amendment because the 10th is disregarded more often than not.

And i'de rather not have my tax dollars going to the homeless and hungry in this country. They have already been given opportunity's to prosper (unlike the Iraq people, Chinese, and Russians...) but are either lazy or like living on the street. Public libraries and schools are available to these people where they can become educated or educate themselves"

Not everyone has the same oppurtunitys in life. Some problems in society run deeper then we can understand....Is not a society judged on the way a society treats it's most undesirable members?

And i think that maybe the lazy citizens of China and Russians enjoy communism. But why would a person with incredible potential enjoy being held back by his government?

That is totally irrelevant.

What is relevant is the fact that if someone likes something he or she has no right to IMPOSE it on others by force.

If the Iraq people were so pissed off, they could have liberated themselves. It is called a revolution, and it happened in most of the countries in the world at least once throughout their history. I believe it happened in USA too, yes?

"Yeah, i heard about that dam vaccine law on FOX yesterday.

And i'de rather not have my tax dollars going to the homeless and hungry in this country. They have already been given opportunity's to prosper (unlike the Iraq people, Chinese, and Russians...) but are either lazy or like living on the street. Public libraries and schools are available to these people where they can become educated or educate themselves"

Not everyone has the same oppurtunitys in life. Some problems in society run deeper then we can understand....Is not a society judged on the way a society treats it's most undesirable members?

Learn how to use the quote option or I will start deleting your messages.

Oh, ok, thanks for the history lesson. I had the missconception that the American Revolution (AKA the Independence War) was pretty bloody, dispite for the fact that the British guys lived across the ocean..

Oh, ok, thanks for the history lesson. I had the missconception that the American Revolution (AKA the Independence War) was pretty bloody, dispite for the fact that the British guys lived across the ocean..

OK you're right, my last post sounds pretty stupid so let me rephrase.

What i'm saying is that Americans were given the opportunity to rally, get angry, and organize a revolution whereas the Iraq people didn't have a chance in hell to even protest political issues, let alone rally a revolution.

Edited by SL7yz0r

While it is true that the bulk of the English forces were not in the US at the time of the revolution, there were quite a few English soldiers there. And not all the Americans were in favor for the revolution either.

But you are right in a sense, US had a luxury many other nations didn't have, that the oppressive government was farther away.

However, the Jews also revolted shortly after Jesus was born, and even though Rome was at the other end of the world so to speak, they were still defeated.

Moreover, many other nations had successful revolutions while their government and part of the military was just a few kilometers away. Examples would include France, Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Iran, pretty much all of the former soviet republics, many countries in Africa, India, China, Cuba, and so on.

And one final history lesson: Shortly after the first Gulf War, a group of people revolted against Saddam, but were quickly defeated. US could have supported those people (provide them with weapons and training, as they did in Afganistan), but didn't. And only 20 years ago, Iraq and USA were buddy-buddy.

While it is true that the bulk of the English forces were not in the US at the time of the revolution, there were quite a few English soldiers there. And not all the Americans were in favor for the revolution either.

Exactly, actually only about 1/3 of Americans were for the revolution. 1/3 didn't care, and 1/3 was against. That is another reason that the British might not have been so extreme and evil in their methods, trying not to sway the middle 1/3 against them.

And one final history lesson: Shortly after the first Gulf War, a group of people revolted against Saddam, but were quickly defeated. US could have supported those people (provide them with weapons and training, as they did in Afganistan), but didn't. And only 20 years ago, Iraq and USA were buddy-buddy.

Actually, i think i referred to this issue a few posts ago, when i stated that one reason for the US to stay in Iraq was to not abandon the Kurds again. The US actually did make an attempt to supply them with weapons. We left tanks, ammo, and guns across the border for them to use in their revolution. RETARDED IDEA :lipssealed::fire::P

Unfortunately Saddam's troops reached our supplies before the Kurds did and used it against them.

The Kurds are the minority group in Iraq, and if we leave, I am convinced they will be completely wiped out by the Sunni and Shies in a 3 way civil war.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Ok, so then what if China sends the native indians some nukes so that they can reclaim their rightfully owned land? Would you be pro that?

I find this rather pathetic that all the ones ranting here about the US should instead be ranting to your congressmen/women about these issues. It is fine to complain about all, but without them knowing these issues, nothing ever will be done about them. So since some of you want to rant constantly about it, you should talk to them. Oh wait, I forgot, they probably wont read it unless it is proper grammer.

And i'de rather not have my tax dollars going to the homeless and hungry in this country. They have already been given opportunity's to prosper (unlike the Iraq people, Chinese, and Russians...) but are either lazy or like living on the street. Public libraries and schools are available to these people where they can become educated or educate themselves.

The governments JOB is to provide for the public welfare. Have you ever had a conversation with a homeless person or are you just making baseless assumptions.

From the looks of things you dont seem to have a grip on reality, or on the purpose of a government, or of the power of an unforseen event to be able to ruin your life. I would rather nobody have to worry about paying for cancer treatment than pay for private security contractors to go on killing spree's to make room for capitalist imperialism. A homeless indigent man who grw up living on the streets is not going to see a bright future in a James Joyce novel. You need more than the availability of books to become a contributing (tax-paying corporate slave prole) member of society. And can you give me directions to the homeless college? Do you have an 800 i can call and request a pamphlet from?

on another point

the only true freedom is solitary anarchy. a vacuum of government and political power. ALL governments opress their subjects, ALL of them. No government has the right to impose their laws, or practices on another people, even if they think its the best way, thats the basis for the freedom of religion clause in the constitution (I will draw you a map if you need one). To do otherwise is Imperialist and ethnocentric.

Evolution doesn't just happen on and organism level, but on all levels of organization that supercede it. characteristics of smaller systems will remain evident on the larger systems they combine to form. What we are being told we are doing in Iraq is forcing a governmental evolution, and forcing it in one direction, and insisting it happen on an artificial timetable decided in a executive brance board room.

of course if you are a self-described "conservative" (which for some reason means you arent interested in conserving anything; i would love an explaination because i scincerely dont get it) you probably subscribe to the position of intelligent design; to wit: its all part of Gods plan.

The governments JOB is to provide for the public welfare. Have you ever had a conversation with a homeless person or are you just making baseless assumptions.

From the looks of things you dont seem to have a grip on reality, or on the purpose of a government, or of the power of an unforseen event to be able to ruin your life. I would rather nobody have to worry about paying for cancer treatment than pay for private security contractors to go on killing spree's to make room for capitalist imperialism. A homeless indigent man who grw up living on the streets is not going to see a bright future in a James Joyce novel. You need more than the availability of books to become a contributing (tax-paying corporate slave prole) member of society. And can you give me directions to the homeless college? Do you have an 800 i can call and request a pamphlet from?

on another point

the only true freedom is solitary anarchy. a vacuum of government and political power. ALL governments opress their subjects, ALL of them. No government has the right to impose their laws, or practices on another people, even if they think its the best way, thats the basis for the freedom of religion clause in the constitution (I will draw you a map if you need one). To do otherwise is Imperialist and ethnocentric.

Evolution doesn't just happen on and organism level, but on all levels of organization that supercede it. characteristics of smaller systems will remain evident on the larger systems they combine to form. What we are being told we are doing in Iraq is forcing a governmental evolution, and forcing it in one direction, and insisting it happen on an artificial timetable decided in a executive brance board room.

of course if you are a self-described "conservative" (which for some reason means you arent interested in conserving anything; i would love an explaination because i scincerely dont get it) you probably subscribe to the position of intelligent design; to wit: its all part of Gods plan.

See...Here lies you're problem. And i do have a grip on the purpose or job of government, it is just very different than of yours. You and many liberals believe that it is the JOB of the government to take care of the people, whereas I believe, and the founding fathers intended when they created this nation, is that the Primary and Sole JOB of government is to protect the peoples property. "Property" consists of personal property, real estate, and freedoms/rights. Because everyone is given an opportunity to succeed in this country due to free public education and libraries, there should be no homeless men other than the INCREDIBLY LAZY or the extremely unfortunate(who are in the extreme minority among the homeless), YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. Such as, i would rather my tax dollars not go to an alcoholic on the street but only to the widows with 9 children, or veterans who have lost a limb in battle. I do not believe it is the JOB of the government to take the money out of the hard working and give it to the lazy.

And about anarchy, yes i do believe that nearly all government is evil, but capitalism is less evil.

And I also have contacted my congressman about many issues, even though I'm only 17.

And by the way, if you are not old enough to be a registered voter and wish to speak with your local politicians, the first thing they will ask is your name and if you are a registered voter. Inform them that you are not a registered voted but will be as soon as you are able, because politicians don't like waisting their time with people who don't vote. :icon13:

Edited by SL7yz0r

You still didn't respond my question. Would you, in the spirit of freedom, support the Chinese armign the Native Indians with nukes so that they can finally get their opressors out off their native lands?

Primary and Sole JOB of government is to protect the peoples property.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And about anarchy, yes i do believe that nearly all government is evil, but capitalism is less evil.

So it is the governents job to protect my stuff, but not so much my person? Someone who dissagree's with you would say:

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

You ever heard this idea before?

---------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is not a form of government, it is an economic framwork. And it is Wholely evil. Global warming and oil wars are the direct result of capitalism. Capitalism is now superceding the power of government to operate effectively, you disagree? Some of the wealthies companies in the land are pharmaceutical companies, and through their vast and well financed lobbying campaigns are drafting and passing most of the drug laws in the country. with plans in the future to have substances now recognized as vitamins to be re-defined as controlled substances, Vitamin C available only by prescription? Not evil at all.

Capitalism starts out harmless enough, but it grows and evolves. The point is to ammass wealth and this is done through an UNCONSTITUTIONAL corporate charter. The only concern of a corporation is to create wealth (something you seem to think is the job of a government). When wealth is concentrated in one place there is an absence of it in another place. The US is complaicent because most of the worlds wealth is concentrated here, not it places like, vietnam where people make products for us at a wage of 3 cents and hour. why are they paid so little? because capitalism is evil. And a government that supports exploitive capitalism is responsible for the same evil. And the person who wrote the above quote would be open to the idea of the opressed rebelling, or maybe we should just give vietnam a Library and problem solved.

Entropy Posted Today, 02:22 PM

You still didn't respond my question. Would you, in the spirit of freedom, support the Chinese armign the Native Indians with nukes so that they can finally get their opressors out off their native lands?

I think it would be more fun to give them casinos and get thir money back from the ignorant willing :D

I think it would be more fun to give them casinos and get thir money back from the ignorant willing :D

That is, of course, a much better way :fire:

But even so, they still do not have the freedom to do as they please. So that's why I was suggesting that if our good friend SL7yz0r believes in the freedom so much, he should be glad if some other foreign power decides to help the indians take back their land and kill their invaders.

No, because when the settlers came here, the Native Americans didn't believe in "land ownership", so we claim it fair and square. :hiya:

So it is the governents job to protect my stuff, but not so much my person?

Unless you are a slave, you own yourself, which makes yourself and your rights/freedoms your property. Re-read my posts. And try to be less ignorant K thnx.

Capitalism is not a form of government, it is an economic framwork.

Wtf.? o.O please dont post stupid things like this, of course it is a form of government, just like communism and socialism, capitalism, Stop showing off your stupidity.

And it is Wholely evil.

I know you would rather have the talented and harder working people take care of you. Less capitalism=less incentive to achieve.

Global warming and oil wars are the direct result of capitalism.

Bullshit, global warming is a natural process our planet is going through, Scientists are just using it as a scare tactic to get people to clean up the enviroment. A cleaner enviroment is not bad, not that it isn't par in America right now...But i don't like being lied to.

Capitalism is now superceding the power of government to operate effectively, you disagree? Some of the wealthies companies in the land are pharmaceutical companies, and through their vast and well financed lobbying campaigns are drafting and passing most of the drug laws in the country. with plans in the future to have substances now recognized as vitamins to be re-defined as controlled substances, Vitamin C available only by prescription? Not evil at all.

This is just not true, i bought vitamin C tablets just last week. And if it were true, the people have the power to of voting to take the politicians out of power that are corrupt.

Capitalism starts out harmless enough, but it grows and evolves. The point is to ammass wealth and this is done through an UNCONSTITUTIONAL corporate charter. The only concern of a corporation is to create wealth (something you seem to think is the job of a government). When wealth is concentrated in one place there is an absence of it in another place. The US is complaicent because most of the worlds wealth is concentrated here, not it places like, Vietnam where people make products for us at a wage of 3 cents and hour. why are they paid so little? because capitalism is evil. And a government that supports exploitive capitalism is responsible for the same evil. And the person who wrote the above quote would be open to the idea of the opressed rebelling, or maybe we should just give Vietnam a Library and problem solved.

You are just a lazy bum that wants the government to take care of you. Vietnam is the exact opposite of capitalism, in case u didn't realize this, but the last time i checked, Vietnam is STILL a corrupt socialist republic with the communist party in power! This government which offers no incentive for hard work might account for low wages! You're posts make little sense. It annoys me that you direct your rambling of worthlessness at me. Mabey the reason wealth is concentrated in the US is because of our capitalist policies. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Wtf.? o.O please dont post stupid things like this, of course it is a form of government, just like communism and socialism, capitalism, Stop showing off your stupidity.

It just shows how ignorant the Bush supporters are..

It just shows how ignorant the Bush supporters are..

Who says i support Bush?

And different terminology for government forms = ignorance?

Even so, correcting such a minuscule thing is worthless here because every1 is aware of what was implied when i say capitalism.

-Explain why the word capitalism cannot possibly be a "form of government..."

If my country supports capitalist policies, it is a capitalist government, a capitalist form of government, this debate is becoming stupid. Correct political views rather than language k thnx.

Now can all of u hillary and obama supporters explain why these 2 candidates are qualified for Pres?

Obama-1 and 1/2 terms as senator

Hillary-what is it, 2 terms as senator?

Edited by SL7yz0r