Eternal Lands Official Forums
SL7yz0r

2008 Presidential Candidates

2008 Presidential Candidates  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like so farin pres. race?

• John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Rudy Guliani
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • John Edwards
    • Alan Keys
    • Mike Gravel
    • Ron Paul
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Mitt Romney
    • Barrack Obama
    • Tom Tancredo
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson
    • None of the Above

Ron Paul only works if he respects the checks and balances system that the bush administration has all but abolished. Ron has some amazing ideas, but the term patriot has become such a platitude, that it hardly holds meaning. What it appears Ron wants to do is tear down the beurocracy, which in principle is a great idea, but he seems to want to start from scratch. He has said himself that he is a constitutionalist. Meaning he wants to remove from the government anything not layed out in the constitution. Not that this is a bad thing, but it is extreamly radical. He is certainly not a republican, but kudos to him for convincing the republicans that he is, and making the republicans money available to him. I think we could use more candidates like him, gradually leading up to his gradual point of view.

My #1 choice is kucinich, unfortunatly he doesn't have the presidential look, so the retarded TV nation will never elect him, and our loss, A very smart man with real ideas, the only one willing to legalize marijuana. Not that im a pothead (despite the name) but it shows he has an open mind and can see that prohibition is only there to make money for the criminal justice system, and further our domestic war with ourselves. He's not there to tow a party line, too bad he will never get a chance.

----

as a side note

Acelon Posted Nov 7 2007, 05:18 PM

If Hilary can't even control her husband, how can you expect her to control a country?

Just as Bill cheating on his wife did not have anything to do with his ability to be a great president, hillary's not divorcing him or taking him publicly through the ringer, doesn't show that she would be a poor leader, quite the contrary, she weighed the positives and negatives of the situation, and staying with Bill was the right political move, she would not have a tenth of the political clout if she was not with bill, her choice to stay with him was to her benifit, She has the most powerful, best speaking, and best fundraising democrat sharing a bathroom with her, his access and experience is an ace in the hole that no other candidate has.

I would prefer Kucinich, but i wouln't have a probem voting for her over whatever tool gets the republican nomination. (except Ron Paul)

WTF happened to Ross Perot?

ok i think why everyone is voteing for the the clinton chick becasue she is the first woman to run ... and you know it it most likey going to be her husband telling her how to do everything

Entropy, I respect you. You make a nice game. But. Really. You must have been one of those little libertarian kids who just loved to poke hornets' nests with sticks.

I'm not going to vote in your poll because I'm not going to be the one to feed this monster (known as the Fluffy Political Debate). For the record, I'll just say I self-identify as a liberal progressive, and you can make what you like of that. However, if you want to enjoy political argument of a high quality -- or if you want to know why you shouldn't start threads like this, go here:

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1227

It's the general discussion forum of a game called Nationstates -- a text-only political simulator, very primitive. It was created by an Australian novelist to promote one of his books, but it has taken on a life of its own. Most of the really interesting action is in the general discussion forum, which has become a kind of debate club. You can only read it -- you'll have to make a nation to post in it -- but it's worth a look. There's even a current thread titled "Why do people hate Bush?", and another about Ron Paul. ;)

Warning, however, this forum is NOT for children. It is tightly moderated, but it deals with grown-up subjects (no orcs) and often heated argument. It is also popular among lawyers, scientists, academics and statisticians, so it can get pretty thick at times.

If you want any of Peino's opinions about the real world, you can find them there, under the name Muravyets. But in the Eternal Lands, I prefer to discuss goblins, invasions, and PK. :hug:

My #1 choice is kucinich, unfortunatly he doesn't have the presidential look, so the retarded TV nation will never elect him, and our loss, A very smart man with real ideas, the only one willing to legalize marijuana. Not that im a pothead (despite the name) but it shows he has an open mind and can see that prohibition is only there to make money for the criminal justice system, and further our domestic war with ourselves. He's not there to tow a party line, too bad he will never get a chance.

He would be my 3rd choice, my second being Mike Gravel.

I am a pretty libertarian guy, so obviously I want someone who thinks as I do. But ultimately, I think that the libertarian system (both social and economic) is the best. The government should not dictate where you can stick your dick, or what you can do with your money (pr0n, drugs, gamble, etc.). Similarly, the federal government should not take between 30-40% of your money.

Entropy, I respect you. You make a nice game. But. Really. You must have been one of those little libertarian kids who just loved to poke hornets' nests with sticks.

Care to explain how you reached that conclusion? For you, someone who loves freedom must be reckless and do stupid things?

Using the same analogy, being a liberal progressive, you must have been a crybaby that was beaten by his kindergarten coleagues.

I had never heard of Ron Paul until I saw him on the (daily show or colbert report- not sure which). He did sound fiscally conservative/conscious, which is a rare treat these days since almost everyone in government these days spends out the butt. I am amazed how much this country's national debt has grown in the past 8 years and feel like crying every time I see the number. He also voted against the Patriot Act, which is one of the biggest points in his favor.

However, from what I remember he wants extremely limited government, which I think he extended to some of the government programs, medicaid? and maybe some others. IIRC, he also talked about decreasing taxes to some crazy low amount, which I couldn't imagine generating enough revenue for the government. I need to watch his interview on youtube again since it was a couple months ago, but overall I thought he seemed pretty good.

Edited by LevinMage

Pity that unless you are extreamly wealthy you dont stand a chance in heck to win a US presidental election. When the salary of the job is much less then what the applicants can make in thier lives, makes one wonder of the motivations they have to apply for it.

Well it really does not matter if republican or democrat or 3rd party.as long as the person is honest and truely is out for wat is best for the people and not his/her own pocket ;)

BTW, those of you who voted for Hillary, can you explain why you did so? What is so cool about her, and what are your hopes for when she will be the president?

Care to explain how you reached that conclusion? For you, someone who loves freedom must be reckless and do stupid things?

Using the same analogy, being a liberal progressive, you must have been a crybaby that was beaten by his kindergarten coleagues.

:omg:;):D:hug:

Excellent!! You really do have to visit that link I posted. We absolutely LOVE posts like yours over there. But I refuse to fight with you in your own house, because that's not how a guest should behave, even the host demands it. I will just explain that my hornets' nest remark meant only that you will be causing yourself a lot of annoyance with this subject, and I was making a JOKE (it was a joke, btw) about why you might want to do that -- you know, as a joke.

But seriously, Entropy, PLEASE go to Nationstates, and please make a nation, and please make sure Muravyets knows which nation is yours. Because I would love to pick up the gauntlet you just flung at my feet, but in the right environment. See you there. Ciao for now. :hug: *laughs while killing hobgobs.*

I would personly like to see a Woman, an African american, or and African American Women as the next president of the Excited States. I would like to see (because America is such a world power and could be a possitive example on the rest of the world) someone other then a overweight rich white guy too connected and with too much vested to take a leadership role...Of course they would have to be a strong leader. And have a few marbles in between the ears.

well i dont mean to pee on anyone bonfire but to be honest whoever you vote for, whatever the outcome of the election, theres an agenda and it doest matter who is the puppet telling you what that agenda is.

On a side note, its interesting to point out that nearly all and i forget the exact number but its higher than you could make up in a dream , nearly all of the presidents of the US have been related to European Royalty by some line of descent.

Its true , look into it.

So you can basically predict who is going to win the presidency by finding out who has the most royal blood in thier family line.

Its not BS and before you say '' Thats BS !! '' go and find out about it.

Its also true there are organizations in the world who make the decisions for the puppets we see in government. Please take an hour of your life to watch this video :

http://www.livevideo.com/video/CTCC/CA444E...or-global-.aspx

Please watch it , its very informative of the kind of '' democracy '' we are all subject to.

Hope it inspires

well i dont mean to pee on anyone bonfire but to be honest whoever you vote for, whatever the outcome of the election, theres an agenda and it doest matter who is the puppet telling you what that agenda is.

On a side note, its interesting to point out that nearly all and i forget the exact number but its higher than you could make up in a dream , nearly all of the presidents of the US have been related to European Royalty by some line of descent.

Its true , look into it.

So you can basically predict who is going to win the presidency by finding out who has the most royal blood in thier family line.

Its not BS and before you say '' Thats BS !! '' go and find out about it.

Its also true there are organizations in the world who make the decisions for the puppets we see in government. Please take an hour of your life to watch this video :

http://www.livevideo.com/video/CTCC/CA444E...or-global-.aspx

Please watch it , its very informative of the kind of '' democracy '' we are all subject to.

Hope it inspires

BS.

I joined NationStates, will post there in the near future. Interesting game :hug:

COOL!! Send a telegram to the Republic of Muravyets to let me know who you are. If you dare, that is. ;)

--P

EDIT: I'll forum pm you a link direct to my nation.

Edited by peino

Ron Paul is OK, although i disagree with his foreign policy. I voted Mitt Romney, I'm from massachusetts and know him very well. He is honest and really wants to work to fix problems, he governed what I consider the most liberal state in the US, and even though he's to the right, he found common ground on universal health care in our state. I think the program sucks personally, but i have the same health care Ted Kennedy gets, so I can't judge, i'll leave that to the self-employed folks who are now FORCED to buy over-priced health plans, or face huge tax hikes.

i still say it doesnt matter who you vote for , the agenda unfolds no matter who the puppet is.

watch endgame on youtube.

also, the thing about the presidents of the united states being direct descendents of european royalty is not BS man ! its as true as the sun in the sky but anyway ....

Take england for example, they recently got a new prime minister Gordon Brown, no one voted for him.

Thats the first time in the history of British Democracy that nobody voted the Prime Minister in, no one got to choose !

And its the same even if you do vote, do you honestly think any of them give a rats ass about you? Come on !! Get real people they are not there to make things better for you they are there to benefit big corporations, big money people, the elite, the familys that have been making sick decisions for generations.

Put it this way, when was the last time a ''leader'' of the world left thier position and everyone said '' You know what he was a really great person ''

It never happens !! ( Unless of course they get assasinated and thats because they werent playing the game with the big boys ) When they leave office everyone says god dammit i wish we hadnt voted that guy in.

Its because they promise the world to you and yet they deliver an agenda that YOU dont have a say in, they dont listen to what you want because theyre not interested in what you want.

I just cant understand why anyone thinks by voting in a puppet to tell you lies its going to make a difference.

I say the best way to make your voice heard is dont vote. Yes people died to get the vote and shame on me but you know what? Its all a big game and we are not going to win by being lied to over and over again.

By voting I am giving my consent to be lied to and ruled over by people who do not give a s*** about us or this world, they dont care , they never have and they never will.

Does a world where there is enough food for everyone to eat, and yet some starve to death sound like a place where those who are running it give a damn?

Does a world where they use depleted uranium in thier weapons which makes the ground radioactive for the next few thousand years sound like a a place where those running it give a damn?

Wake up !!!!

Ron Paul is OK, although i disagree with his foreign policy.

Oh, you mean he doesn't want to kill enough civilians? I am not sure about you, but I have a big problem with those fucking assholes in DC spending my hard work money to kill people.

If you're not interested in the 'Endgame / Unseen forces control the world' debate, you can safely skip to the last paragraph of this post. It unfortunately proved too good to pass over without comment.

also, the thing about the presidents of the united states being direct descendents of european royalty is not BS man ! its as true as the sun in the sky but anyway ....

Most people are. The royal lines were both expansive and affluent, which led to a social 'survival of the fittest', as well that familial cross-pollination so common in genealogy - I suspect that you knew of this, but were trying to make it look loaded in your favour.

And its the same even if you do vote, do you honestly think any of them give a rats ass about you? Come on !! Get real people they are not there to make things better for you they are there to benefit big corporations, big money people, the elite, the familys that have been making sick decisions for generations.

Under purest capitalism (the theocracy of wealth), yes, but many countries have become much more progressive than this since the great depression. Apparently you are far removed from anyone in politics to believe stories of unseen groups running things, stories older than our democracies and states. I don't know of other countries, but I can attest that here, politics is neither about money nor influence, but believing (misguided or not) that one can make a difference.

Put it this way, when was the last time a ''leader'' of the world left thier position and everyone said '' You know what he was a really great person ''

Everyone - another weasel word, validating an otherwise false sentence. Nobody is supported 100% by everyone, because to keep from displeasing anyone, you have to please nobody - which in the end leads you to be perceived as ineffective. Even those loved by the vast majority will be disliked by a minority, sometimes from nothing but jealousy.

I say the best way to make your voice heard is dont vote. Yes people died to get the vote and shame on me but you know what? Its all a big game and we are not going to win by being lied to over and over again.

By voting I am giving my consent to be lied to and ruled over by people who do not give a s*** about us or this world, they dont care , they never have and they never will.

Your logic astounds me. You fight what you see as a famine of political morality by preaching inaction. Are you not then the farmer in the midst of productive country fallen to famine, crying 'Leave barren your fields! Death comes to every man!'?

Does a world where there is enough food for everyone to eat, and yet some starve to death sound like a place where those who are running it give a damn?

That's a rather load question, and skewed by phrasing to your point of view. Were you to examine the raw data even as far back as the mid-eighties, you would find that the total calorie and protein difference between malnutrition and nutrition in many impoverished areas is the difference between a healthy intake and the total overconsumption in western countries. Effectively, you seem to have decided to shrug off and ignore our general greed, a motivating (and perhaps, though I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, necessary) factor of capitalism by raising the spectre of the Illuminati. Or would you say that I'm an Illuminatus, dodging guilt by invoking human nature?

Wake up !!!!

Who is to say who is awake, and who is asleep? Not I.

As far as the candidates go, I'm not so sure I like any of them. From outside of the country, it seems strange how fiscally and socially conservative they are compared to platforms we'd find here, and the lack of focus on any wellbeing except financial is somewhat strange. Perhaps I'm simply ignorant, but is there even a single candidate whose platform would serve to advance the US in the HDI?

Ron Paul is OK, although i disagree with his foreign policy.

Oh, you mean he doesn't want to kill enough civilians? I am not sure about you, but I have a big problem with those fucking assholes in DC spending my hard work money to kill people.

wooooot u go ent my thoughts exactly:)

If you're not interested in the 'Endgame / Unseen forces control the world' debate, you can safely skip to the last paragraph of this post. It unfortunately proved too good to pass over without comment.

Most people are. The royal lines were both expansive and affluent, which led to a social 'survival of the fittest', as well that familial cross-pollination so common in genealogy - I suspect that you knew of this, but were trying to make it look loaded in your favour.

Under purest capitalism (the theocracy of wealth), yes, but many countries have become much more progressive than this since the great depression. Apparently you are far removed from anyone in politics to believe stories of unseen groups running things, stories older than our democracies and states. I don't know of other countries, but I can attest that here, politics is neither about money nor influence, but believing (misguided or not) that one can make a difference.

Everyone - another weasel word, validating an otherwise false sentence. Nobody is supported 100% by everyone, because to keep from displeasing anyone, you have to please nobody - which in the end leads you to be perceived as ineffective. Even those loved by the vast majority will be disliked by a minority, sometimes from nothing but jealousy.

Your logic astounds me. You fight what you see as a famine of political morality by preaching inaction. Are you not then the farmer in the midst of productive country fallen to famine, crying 'Leave barren your fields! Death comes to every man!'?

That's a rather load question, and skewed by phrasing to your point of view. Were you to examine the raw data even as far back as the mid-eighties, you would find that the total calorie and protein difference between malnutrition and nutrition in many impoverished areas is the difference between a healthy intake and the total overconsumption in western countries. Effectively, you seem to have decided to shrug off and ignore our general greed, a motivating (and perhaps, though I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, necessary) factor of capitalism by raising the spectre of the Illuminati. Or would you say that I'm an Illuminatus, dodging guilt by invoking human nature?

Wake up !!!!

Who is to say who is awake, and who is asleep? Not I.

As far as the candidates go, I'm not so sure I like any of them. From outside of the country, it seems strange how fiscally and socially conservative they are compared to platforms we'd find here, and the lack of focus on any wellbeing except financial is somewhat strange. Perhaps I'm simply ignorant, but is there even a single candidate whose platform would serve to advance the US in the HDI?

Man, every president is not some puppet. Some recent presidents have done great things for this country, Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan... Maybe Clinton and Bush havn't been what everyone hoped but we get some good and some bad. Many presidents and candidates DO care about the American people and are true patriots. :medieval:

Man, every president is not some puppet. Some recent presidents have done great things for this country, Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan... Maybe Clinton and Bush havn't been what everyone hoped but we get some good and some bad. Many presidents and candidates DO care about the American people and are true patriots. :medieval:

I think you may have meant to quote his post instead of the entirety of mine, because he was the one saying they were puppets. :medieval:

I think you may have meant to quote his post instead of the entirety of mine, because he was the one saying they were puppets. :medieval:

Yeah sorry hah