Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

How can we stop hoarding?

I was reading a leaving thread where someone complained about the high price of EFEs, which I also agree is quite ridiculous. :brooding:

EFE - horrible high price of it for all the time i was playing. Now manufacturers most often buy it from EL shop to train their proffesion and the PKers need to find more and more gc for a stuff.

The high price for the efe is the player's fault. There are over 10K of them in the game.

I remember almost begging on channel 3 for serpent stones without being able to get any, only for Ent to publish data about several thousand being in-game. So, I guess the question is, where do these items go? From what I've seen, most of the EFEs, serp stones, etc are in the hands of the top fighters, who need them to make their expensive armour. Since they have a motive for keeping these items, and generally don't need to sell for cash, there is little chance that these items will ever enter the market, which means that prices will keep going up. I remember meeting someone a while ago who had like 300 or so serp stones and wouldn't sell! This is the main reason I stopped making Wolfram bars and switched to Hydros instead, inspite of the extra danger.

I think it would help to review the chance to find enrichment and serpent stones. Unfortunately, since the scarcity is artificial, I don't know if it would help. I personally don't like the idea of any other monster apart from dragons dropping EFEs, but I'm no fighter, so what do I know? ;)

Now, this is not an invitation to flame. I just wanted to know if our resident market experts have any views they'd like to share. :P

I'm about ready to start looking for EFE's myself.

Early in my levels, I managed to make three EFE's which at the time I felt it more important to sell them for book money since I knew it would be a long time before I could do anything with them. Now I'd like to start making things that require EFE's and they are long gone.

In my case, I'm too cheap (Dwarf, you know) to spend GC on them let alone Earth money in the store! :brooding:

Occasionally, I'll mix up a bunch of FE's in hope.... but with the low 10 exp I get each, it's almost a waste of time.

It's possible that many ingame EFE's are being held until the makers can do something with them, unlike my strategy. Still, 10k is a lot considering the number of regular players.

Maybe if they had more uses?

It's possible that many ingame EFE's are being held until the makers can do something with them, unlike my strategy. Still, 10k is a lot considering the number of regular players.

I for one have saved the few EFE( i have had a total of 10) i made because of my manu and crafting dreams. Now i have reached a manu level(59 going for 60) that makes it possible to use them and there are going as are my binding stones and serpent stones. So before long i will have to go to market as well.

I do not know if 10 efe is much or not, but i think that people who know there are going to need them will want to keep them for that time. So you always keep the problem of (too) many people keeping onto their enriched essies for future usage (aka hoarding). I don't think(or do not want to believe) there are people with 100 EFE in stock waiting for the time that EFE reach 10kgc ea.

Edited by niemand

I have a few efe in stock, and every time i can lay hand on some i buy. So at one point i had close to 50 of them, but.. since I'm not scared to try and make something i loose some or manage to use them.

if 50 efe is a lot (witch i don't think) i am a hoarder. But look at the items witch requires efe, i ran through 12 of them in just a few minutes.

I don't believe also that there aint ppl who are just hoarding them to make gc. if that would be a point, well as soon as thy reach 8kgc ppl will start buying them in the shop and price will drop again :brooding:

Still i don't see any problems, fe are so widely used its still hard to buy some from bots so there will efe if you really need some

just my 2ct.

ps. why are ppl only talking about efe ? what about ele and stones ???

Items broken from the Halloween Invasion untill now :

2 cutlass - 4 serp stones, 2 binding stones

3 tit greaves - 6 EFEs

1 tit cuisse - 2 EFEs

1 tit shield - 1 binding stone

I have in storage 77 serp stones, 8 EFEs and 15 binding stones

I use serp or cutlass for killing yeti, they break often, so I use many serp stones.

I use EFEs for armor , vial molds and alembics - will soon need to buy some. :brooding:

I know it look like I have lots in storage, but as you can see, if I sell will I need to buy soon again.

lolx I used to have 100+ serp stones, 50+ BPs etc, I know scarr had more (this was before our item wipe ;))

when you get so many dropped and have no need to sell, why bother? so much easier to let em sit in storage :brooding:

EFE - horrible high price of it for all the time i was playing. Now manufacturers most often buy it from EL shop to train their proffesion and the PKers need to find more and more gc for a stuff.

The high price for the efe is the player's fault. There are over 10K of them in the game.

How many of these 10k efe are "owned" by inactive players?

I miss times when EFE's where 1$ from the shop, could have so many of them and armors/weapons were cheaper. U just bought as much as u needed from the shop or asked player who was rich enough to buy them for u ;)

I got around 10 of them now, probably will need to buy like 40-50 more for armors replacements but too lazy and too scared of market channel + i dont like the current price :P

Btw, as soon as shop price of EFE goes down to 1$ it wont be more than 4-4,5k gc ingame(but i guess it wont gonna happen :brooding:

In my opinion ppl will hoard more and more rare items coz there r more and more stuff that needs them and also many players got lvls high enough to make them, so they dont sell rare ings.

mp

The price of EFE and some of the reasons behind that price (Hoarding being among them) was discussed here several months ago:

EFE Price Discussion

Nothing was figured out then as to how to lower the price, and they were 5k each then. I really hope something can be done about the ever increasing price of EFE. It became really hard for me to get a hold of any before I started my break. It just makes it harder for fighters that have to harvest for their gear to be able to have fun and get back to training/pk and harder for manuers to sell their finished product at anything close to cost to make.

As of yesterday, there are 11951 EFEs in the game.

That means about 3K less than a few months ago.

There are 7265 binding stones (so they are more expensive, as they should).

The serpent stones are the most abundant of the rare items: 14159 of them.

As of yesterday, there are 11951 EFEs in the game.

That means about 3K less than a few months ago.

There are 7265 binding stones (so they are more expensive, as they should).

The serpent stones are the most abundant of the rare items: 14159 of them.

Problem is when u do a select quantity from database where item = serp stone or whatever you do, you also should put accounts with activity in last year cuz there are lots of items being add to the statistics from people that never will play again.

We cant also forget the rat packs people that never sell a thing.

Problem is when u do a select quantity from database where item = serp stone or whatever you do, you also should put accounts with activity in last year cuz there are lots of items being add to the statistics from people that never will play again.

We cant also forget the rat packs people that never sell a thing.

People leave and return all the time.

I don't have a specific complaint about hoarding, but I can understand why players would. In my case there are plenty of other things to do in EL to keep me happy.

There is one bright side to this, now that my Alch level is 39 making FE's is sooooo easy!! :) Even though the exp is minimal, mixing FE's is like taking a vacation compared to titanium bars or Idaloran rings!!

And maybe someday, who knows where, who knows when.... I'll make another EFE..... :)

I don't think there is a problem with being able to purchase these items, just increase the cost you are willing to pay for them. If you advertise buying EFE for 7.0-8k I am sure you wont have ANY trouble finding them. EFE's and Binding Stones will have a max market rate anyway b/c you can buy them at shop, so I don't have any problem with EFE rates going up even higher to around that 7-8k per.

The decrease of the EFE rate made it so hard to make one that almost no one wants to sell their own made EFE. That's the only reason imo.

Agreed. That's my case. EFE's are so rare nowadays that I just won't sell the few ones that I've got. I will probably use them sometime in the future... who knows when...

i think i have 2 or 3 efe in storage and i dont really play ATM... but when i got them they were worth 2-3k :sneaky: maybe ill stop hoarding.

There is no problem with hoarding that I can see. Market price is market price. If you don't like it, don't buy. If the price goes up for raw ingredients, then the price for finished products goes up as well. If you use the products with rare ingredients, its just going to cost you more to use them. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Rare items are supposed to be rare. Rare items are expensive. Sure, we'd all like to have everyone sell us their rare items for cheap. I, for one, will be holding on to my rare essences to use them when I need something for myself that uses them. I can easily forsee the day (soon) that I'll run out of the EFEs that I've made and have to buy more. It's just another brick in Ent's moat around his castle. :sneaky:

Now, if someone were to offer me 10K for my EFEs, I'd think about selling them... everyone has a price. :stare: Bottom line: you want it, be willing to pay for it. No one has a monopoly on EFEs. (Well, Ent does... but then again, it's a free game not a free market economy! :icon13:)

Well, not even I have a monopoly on them, because everyone can make them :)

Anyway, hoarding to get a better price can be a two edged sword, because you never know when I'll put the rate back to what it used to be :icon13:

Anyway, hoarding to get a better price can be a two edged sword, because you never know when I'll put the rate back to what it used to be :)
It's not clear to me why you think (all?) players are hoarding to get a better price. People could accuse me of hoarding items, but it's got nothing to do with selling them. It's simply to have what I need on hand when I need it. Period.

Ingame name=Bleuthecajun.

I keep my rare items to have them when I finally get around to needing them. I think alot of folks are the same. It costs alot to buy efe/ele/serp stones/etc. I have been lucky to get a couple of stones mining Titanium, and will not sell them. My harvesting level's 67.

I don't see many rare finds, that is why they are RARE. :)