Eternal Lands Official Forums
Vanyel

Mortos Race

Could you take Raytray off the list?

As I am not sure I will be able to make it and wish to make a slot available for another who can make better use of it than I can.

There's no limit for number of contestants. Hence, I will keep you on list just in case you will be able to take part in the event ;)

As I've read in completely different thread Blueslave and Oreo are alts. I would insist only one of the characters is used in the event. This request (very strong) applies to all participants. If you have alts and want to take part in the event decide only on ONE of them.

Edited by Kheres

There's no limit for number of contestants. Hence, I will keep you on list just in case you will be able to take part in the event :D

As I've read in completely different thread Blueslave and Oreo are alts. I would insist only one of the characters is used in the event. This request (very strong) applies to all participants. If you have alts and want to take part in the event decide only on ONE of them.

blueslave = new char - Stalag

Oreo = bluerhapsodys son = hades char.

2 different persons.

You guys are causing me headache >.<

<edit>

I forgot to say;p

Thank you for this piece of information, it solved my problems with aforementioned characters.

Edited by Kheres

I've made a decision concerning allowed equipment for the event. The requirements will be exactly the same as for the Thelinor event, that is:

1. No armour better than iron plate set

2. No weapon better than titanium serpent sword

3. All medalions are allowed (including MoL)

4. All spells are allowed

5. Summoning NOT is allowed

6. Summoning stones are NOT allowed

7. All potions are allowed

8. All capes are allowed

Considering above rules the monsters you may approach in your race will be tweaked, so it is not only possible to survive, but also go through the race track in reasonable short time. Mind, though, there may be single monsters slightly more difficult to pass through (nothing too difficult though). To win you will need to decide what to kill and when to escape.

Edited by Kheres

Pointwise, how about those creatures, which were killed by the summoned creatures of the runner?

One case i can think of is, when the runner summons and then "abandons" them, and the other is when the runner fights the monster with them (either waits there until it kills the monster, or fights together with it).

A good point, I have to think about it. May happen I will have to change my decision as about summoning. Now as you mentioned it it may cause quite few nasty technical problems. I don't mean the latter case as it would be quite easy to deal with. Yet, the former issue may be a real pita.

Thanks for pointing it out.

<edit>

Ok, I've thought this issue out and decided not to allow any summoning. Sorry guys, but I need to think about technical issues as well. Summoned animals may mess a lot. Hence, no summoning.

Edited by Kheres

Is it too late to enter? if not throw me in under the newbie level, Please!

EnoB

Edited by EnoB

It's not too late. As I've said I will close the list during the frist weekend of December as I will need some time to make last decisions.

I've made a decision concerning allowed equipment for the event. The requirements will be exactly the same as for the Thelinor event, that is:
Great, please add me to the list :P

Ok, I've thought this issue out and decided not to allow any summoning.

:):icon13::icon13:;)

No wonder how a sum 44 can be top 45! Summoning, even from ingreds, is banned from most events :)

Please, couldn't there be a way to use that skill?

Say, if one summons a something and leaves it there to keep other creatures busy, you'll count it as if the runner used a diss ring. But if the summoner stays in seeing distance, and fights (not necessarily together with the summons), or just stands, then you'd count the pwned creatures as if the summoner killed them -- this way we can earn points with our skill! For example, I don't train a/d often, since I sit in arius or mix ELE :D

Is this manageable?

Great, please add me to the list :)

Added.

Leave me out please.

Yet another event where utilising my main skill is forbidden.

Have fun all.

S.

As you wish. Removed.

Ok, I've thought this issue out and decided not to allow any summoning.

:pinch::pinch::pinch::D

No wonder how a sum 44 can be top 45! Summoning, even from ingreds, is banned from most events :(

Please, couldn't there be a way to use that skill?

Say, if one summons a something and leaves it there to keep other creatures busy, you'll count it as if the runner used a diss ring. But if the summoner stays in seeing distance, and fights (not necessarily together with the summons), or just stands, then you'd count the pwned creatures as if the summoner killed them -- this way we can earn points with our skill! For example, I don't train a/d often, since I sit in arius or mix ELE :D

Is this manageable?

The race track is a series of 4 caves. The score will be calculated as a function of two values: time and number of killed monsters with a possible modification of boosters (killing a ceratain creature - like a white rabbit).

There are several problems with summons:

1. Left-out summons in caves (they would have to be removed by a moderator to clean the track - what means one more moderator needed to maintain the event).

2. How should I count monsters killed by summons left behind? Should I count them at all? How long should we wait with checking out the killed monsters? etc. etc.

3. The monsters are tweaked to the players CL which does NOT take into account your summoning skill. I would have to find a way to recalculate your combat levels with anticipation of this skill. It ain't impossible, but I'm not sure if you would be very happy to end one category higher than you are.

I will give myself one more week to make this decision. I need to find a good way to work around abovelisted problems. Keep in mind, though, that not every single event has to cover all skills in the game. There are hardly any events that would cover magic/summoning/harvesting. I don't mean they're impossible to design and run, yet, it ain't as easy as with fighting/crafting/manufacturing.

After spending a while thinking (yesh, it happens even to me - rarely) I've decided to stick with my decision as to summoning. I'd rather make an event for summoners than mess with the CL or other technical problems that would appear. I'm sorry.

After spending a while thinking (yesh, it happens even to me - rarely) I've decided to stick with my decision as to summoning. I'd rather make an event for summoners than mess with the CL or other technical problems that would appear. I'm sorry.

Fair enough, thanks for giving it a third thought :icon13:

Count me in :)

CL 249.5 now :P (close to lwls :) )

Ingame name KadluB

Edited by OldySchooly

Well it's just my luck so, i'm working the weekend this event occurs so i'm doubtfull that i can make it so to be on the safe side remove me from the list and let someone else take my place so i don't caus any problems incase i won't make it home in time.

Good luck everyone and have lots of fun! :)

This year you will be grouped into 5 categories based on your Combat Level. These are:

• Newbies: CL<100
    Wanna-be-a-pr0-one-day: 100<=CL<175
    Geeks: 175<=CL<250
    Nerds: 250<=CL<325
    I-have-no-life-but-I-must-train: 325<=CL

Does that mean that if i am CL 100 im in newbie group or Wanna-be-a-pr0-one-day? :(

Im confused...

Having 100 you should be in Wanna-be-a-pr0-one-day. Yet, the final decision will be made when I see how many participants in each category I have. Some *slight* changes may happen.