Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Tomorrow (Sunday, 4th of November) Invasion

The idea was to take the damage for the higher level fighters so that they could cause more damage...

I was wondering about this, so some advice for next time is welcome. I've mostly tried to harm as much as possible, thinking that way I do more damage than in physical combat. But is this strategy better in the whole thing? (might mean more walking, but a few restores are cheaper than all those harms :icon13:)

i guess very little ppl kill giants/dragons coz ONLY reason to kill them more than 1 time is to get the drop from them, in no drop u dont have that reason, for me its obvious that many players chose to fight other players over fighting monsters :pickaxe:

Guess again :icon13:. I thought I had a screenie of an army outside Bethel, but I guess not after all :w00t:. But there were tons of people. The reward? The next day like this and the fun!

Could anyone tell me if we succeeded or how it all ended ?

We succeeded close enough, another one next week!

The idea was to take the damage for the higher level fighters so that they could cause more damage...

I was wondering about this, so some advice for next time is welcome. I've mostly tried to harm as much as possible, thinking that way I do more damage than in physical combat. But is this strategy better in the whole thing? (might mean more walking, but a few restores are cheaper than all those harms :pickaxe:)

If many attack a giant at same time, do it turn to the weakest player.

So attack, restore untill out of mana and flee or diss.

Attack again when you have mana.

This way can the strongest players fight without taking any damage or keep their mana level up.

I was wondering about this, so some advice for next time is welcome. I've mostly tried to harm as much as possible, thinking that way I do more damage than in physical combat. But is this strategy better in the whole thing? (might mean more walking, but a few restores are cheaper than all those harms :pickaxe:)

Well, i remember u got nmt perk so in ur case it would be great to wear mirror cape, col and leathers and try to mirror-hit dragons as much as u can :>

Thats actually how ppl do it, most of them dont have the nmt perk so break a lot of stuff or/and die fast( even 1 dragon is very very hard for high lvl player, dont forget they were made stronger few months ago :icon13: ).

mp

Well, i remember u got nmt perk so in ur case it would be great to wear mirror cape, col and leathers and try to mirror-hit dragons as much as u can :>

Empi you're wrong a lot today :icon13:. I don't have NMT perk (just MM perk - not very useful in invasion). I just still don't have an NMT cloak. So yes, that's more or less what I was wearing, but with the giants I mostly harmed. Will try the other approach next time and hope I don't break too much (2 mirror cloaks and countless auggies last night :pickaxe: )

It should have been called "break armor invasion" :icon13: Im suprised how some ppl went to bethel when the main purpose of having there zillions of giants and dragons was to break stuff :pickaxe:

I was wondering about this, so some advice for next time is welcome. I've mostly tried to harm as much as possible, thinking that way I do more damage than in physical combat. But is this strategy better in the whole thing? (might mean more walking, but a few restores are cheaper than all those harms :))

Thats actually how ppl do it, most of them dont have the nmt perk so break a lot of stuff or/and die fast( even 1 dragon is very very hard for high lvl player, dont forget they were made stronger few months ago B) ).

mp

Lol and while fighting a giant (with someone i cant remember who, sorry for that) I thought you were just watching us die :P

Again sorry for that, you did a great job.

next week we should have some hyper bags ready in the caves i think :pickaxe: better be prepared for all the evil things that can happen.

Anyway, since we all know what will happen next week.... lets gear up and prepare all the items we need to

:w00t::icon13::icon13::)

Well, my strategy was to enter Bethel and harm/poison as many as I could in the time the monsters could not attack me. Entering - poisoning - exiting wouldn't be much more effective, because the trip from underworld lasted exactly long enough to drink 3 SRs. I was getting killed by a giant in one or two hits, so it was impossible to restore and inflict much damage with a sword.

To bad my Bombardier char was wiped some months ago. After recreating it was sent to IP after death, not underworld... so I couldn't use it. Moreover self-destruct perk without evanescence and mirror wouldn't be very effective.

Anyway it was very nice to meet so many respected fighters in the Irillion underworld. :pickaxe:

well i had great fun, killed my first feros :icon13:

i must agree with most, that the bethel part where everybody worked as team, was great!

i also did lots of harming/poisoning and when i get attacked, i used damage ring and tried to dis, but mostly i got killed :icon13: the way from hell to ida-bethel ent i can now walk with closed eyes ^^

im really looking forward for the next no-drop sunday :pickaxe:

big thx to the staff team for this great inva!

the way from hell to ida-bethel ent i can now walk with closed eyes ^^

I think we need a teleporter from the hell exit direct to the bethel entrance in ida.

Sadly had to miss this one - but should be there next week...

Lol and while fighting a giant (with someone i cant remember who, sorry for that) I thought you were just watching us die :P

Again sorry for that, you did a great job.

next week we should have some hyper bags ready in the caves i think :pickaxe: better be prepared for all the evil things that can happen.

Anyway, since we all know what will happen next week.... lets gear up and prepare all the items we need to

:w00t::icon13::icon13::)

*wonders how many bagjumpers are now running round bethel caves with 100 or so skellie keys B) its a good idea though :) *

I think I got very very lucky, NMT cape worked like a charm and nothing broke, I must have gotten at least one hit in on a giant because I have one on kills counter \o/

One giant on my counters, and a player who died while we multi'ed one is on m counters too... :pickaxe:

It was fun, the first part was great, and the bethel rampage was great! It was so fun to go in as fast as you could, harm, and die! :icon13:

Later on I started mixing invis potions, because no one seemed to have them... (Thanks for all those ho donated ings!) many others also worked hard to mix things we needed.

I'll post some pics once they're hosted.

~kGn

Guest ohmygod

I had to laugh when guci did his count downs saying the coast was clear when it wasnt and sent 20-30 players to thier deaths. Me included. Even funnier was we all trooped back and did it again and again on his count.

The hardest part of the invasion in bethel was gaining a "beachhead" where we could gather in numbers and pick off the dragons and giants in gangs.

@Molime xmana potions rock and you can diss every now and then to let others take some hits. :pickaxe:

I only damaged tit shield during fight with MP.

I was wondering about this, so some advice for next time is welcome. I've mostly tried to harm as much as possible, thinking that way I do more damage than in physical combat. But is this strategy better in the whole thing? (might mean more walking, but a few restores are cheaper than all those harms :P)

If many attack a giant at same time, do it turn to the weakest player.

So attack, restore untill out of mana and flee or diss.

Attack again when you have mana.

This way can the strongest players fight without taking any damage or keep their mana level up.

Thats what i exactly missed at some points o_0 i attacked an giant (well i didnt do too bad against em when

pottet up lol :P ) and people were just walking by lol :pinch:

Had great fun hunting acw in PL with you Zami btw :happy: . I loved the No Drop Day. i had my couple of ppls on Teamspeak, and kept myself up-to-date with chan #6 to coordinate attacks/help etc. My lag actually wasnt that bad this time (even tho with poor man on i needed to fight in console mode all the time when big groups were spawning). If i would have to ask for a wish for next no drop invasion i would prolly just say that

i have non. for me it was perfect. i loved it alot. ran a few times into Bethel later on but sadly had to go to

bed once again. Broke Mirror Cloak and degraded Steel Greaves and Cuisses.. oh and i broke a Cotu when

i was pking short before i logged off.

Anyways. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGG thank you to all who showed team afford (effort? o_0) and big thanks for

the Invasion.

-Scorp

I was only involved in the actual Invasion side of the day for the first hour or so ( highlight: seeing Molime outside of chan 1 taking down a forest chim in VOTD :pinch: ) then I got caught up in the mass brawls that was TD/KF.

:happy: Tried to stand my ground against people I shouldnt at my current a/d. C_ron/Smurf ( stand ground = walking back from underworld but o well lol ) but it was a fun day all round, including the dying.

Thanx to all who made the day good. Ent,Devs,Mods and players,enemys and friends was fun

and thanx to Ace for nice trivia quiz to end the day with ( apart from gnny winning prizes pfft :P lol )

I had a blast dying in Bethel running against the giants and dragons. Though I can't take one down myself, I gladly threw myself at them just so higher a/d people like Zamirah, smurf and the others could cut them down without wasting their mana. Like others have said, it was nice seeing everyone, no matter enemy or friend, working together.

Now I have week to restock all the esses, and potions I burned thru.

I couldn't stay long at the invasion :P

I was at the Troll invasion :P and after that I killed some of them I went to the Giants in MM (harmed and poisoned them, then died :pinch: )

I also saw some Forest chims at PL docks.

The invasion was short for me, but a lot of fun cause of no drop day. :happy:

It was my first invasion and I loved it!!! Especially because it was no drops day :P

We need to do this more and a little earlier in the day coz of people in other timezones.

I LOVED this invasion!!! Great job! It was nice, as a n00b fighter to have lower monsters to fight for an extended period--phantoms, troll, fem and male armed gobs. It was the first time I've ever had the opportunity to get any significant xp from an invasion. The second part of the invasion was also a blast. I tried Acelon's suggestion of getting to the shipwreck and it worked like a charm: just harmed and poisoned until I ran out of esse, then invis and out for supplies. With 240 emu I had to make a lot of trips, but I felt like even with giants and dragons, I was able to contribute a little.

GREAT JOB!

This was my first invasion, and I had a blast! Huge thanks to Radu and the dev team.

I'm a low level fighter - 47/47 a/d, 85 hp, 88 mana, 28 magic, and human nexus 4. Plus, I'm on dial-up (dial 1-800-PITY4J00 to ridicule me). So anticipating lag/crashes, I stuck to less-laggy maps and mobs I knew I could handle -- PL and VoTD. I used steel chain, iron cuisses/greaves/helm, mirror cloak, S2E and steel shield (forgot about meds; silly me), and saved all my mana for restore and shield rather than harm or poison. Every wave of gobs in PL, I'd wade into the crowd, get stuck in resync cycles, spend a couple minutes staring at a black screen, watching chat scroll up; then view would clear and I'd have racked up a bunch of kills and lost 75% of health. It must have been great! I wish I'd been there to see me in action. :P My counters stopped working at some point, so I don't know how many kills I got, but I think I only died 6 or 7 times.

I was lucky that I had no crashes and no broken equipment, but when the first part of the invasion was over, I was so low on ings and mana, I decided not to try to help the mages in Bethel. Next time, I hope I'll be able to.

I really want to thank Radu for the advance announcement, so I could make the time to be here. I keep missing Ace's invasions and I'm too weak for the GIWS invasions, so this was my first chance to test myself and really learn some strategies.

Just one criticism -- A lot of people have said this after invasions, but I want to repeat it: It would be great if invaders spawned in 2 different locations within a map -- some inside PL city and some outside, for instance -- to try to spread out the lag a bit. Also, it would be great if spawns were staggered a little, so when one side of a map is cleared, fighters can move to the other side of the map for more action, instead of standing there waiting. I kept moving from PL to VoTD to maximize action, but half the time, I caught only the tail end of a spawn because the stronger fighters cleared the low-level mobs really fast. I was wishing for a shorter trip between invasion spawns.

Thanks again, and see you all next week. :happy:

--Peino.

it was great :icon13: i lost my screeny's cuz my dad turned of the pc b4 i saved them cuz i got a week full of detenchons at school :huh: but iv still got the chat log :sneaky:

[22:01:53] apple_pie: count down?

[22:01:57] apple_pie: 10

[22:01:58] apple_pie: 9

[22:02:00] kkane19: holy crap!~!!

[22:02:00] apple_pie: 8

[22:02:01] apple_pie: 7

[22:02:02] apple_pie: 6

[22:02:03] apple_pie: 5

[22:02:04] apple_pie: 4

[22:02:05] apple_pie: 3

[22:02:07] apple_pie: 2

[22:02:08] kkane19: no dont

[22:02:08] apple_pie: 1

[22:02:09] Kelnor: now

[22:02:11] Welcome to Bethel!

[22:02:14] mystic shuffled off his mortal coil.

[22:02:16] StrickeN's death certificate has just been signed..

[22:02:17] Hatch is on his way to the promised land.

[22:02:17] The death song plays along with Kelnor

[22:02:18] Raschuoir has discovered the one ring to rule them all.

[22:02:19] kaGen has ceased to be!

[22:02:20] apple_pie= PWNED lol roflol!!111~

[22:02:20] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[22:02:21] StrickeN: rofl

[22:02:23] StrickeN: ROFL

[22:02:24] apple_pie: lmao

to many death mesages O.o

[22:07:58] Welcome to Bethel!

[22:07:59] Walt_Her got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:01] elric67 is lying on the wrong side of the grass.

[22:08:02] WolfWitch fertilizes the ground.

[22:08:02] larrystorch got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:04] Zord_II had an appointment with The Maker.

[22:08:05] Walt_Her's body cannot live without the mind.

[22:08:07] This death message is sponsored by kaGen

[22:08:09] TirunCollimdus got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:10] Regins left us for a better world.

[22:08:10] larrystorch found the weapons of mass destruction.

[22:08:10] Jaelle is now "Sleeping in light".

[22:08:11] laurabelle got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:12] DMan found the meaning of life.

[22:08:12] The fates were cruel to TirunCollimdus

[22:08:14] StormDaughter has patheticly failed at living.

[22:08:15] laurabelle got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:16] laurabelle got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:16] The population count has decreased slightly with the assistance of DrtyCMunk

[22:08:17] Misguided_angel's death certificate has just been signed..

[22:08:18] The death song plays along with laurabelle

[22:08:18] Zamirah is hunting rabbits in the Elysian fields.

[22:08:19] Sora_Barzahd: Heh

[22:08:19] fr_parmenides got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:19] Kelnor found a very fast way to move, but couldn't control where to.

[22:08:19] Scorpius is having drinks with the Reaper.

[22:08:21] Theryndan is lying on the wrong side of the grass.

[22:08:22] AdranBach got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:22] Bernie got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:23] LovelyKillerBee becomes vulture bait.

[22:08:23] Zorro is shacking hands with Sisyphus.

[22:08:24] gottrech took a long walk off a short pier.

[22:08:25] fr_parmenides was seriously injured but the soul still burns ...

[22:08:25] Sora_Barzahd: Fight!

[22:08:26] Dana is now a lawn decoration.

[22:08:26] Bernie should have cut the blue wire

[22:08:28] malcontent was liberated the american way.

[22:08:28] AdranBach got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:08:28] AdranBach is on the Highway to Hell.

[22:08:28] SenZon found a very fast way to move, but couldn't control where to.

[22:08:29] Sylis should have cut the blue wire

[22:08:29] Horace will be pushing up the daisies!

[22:08:31] Agonizer is shacking hands with Sisyphus.

[22:08:32] Oh my god! They killed bluap

[22:08:33] Sora_Barzahd has gone by way of the Dodo bird.

[22:08:33] You are under attack, you can't move.

[22:08:34] Jetchko has patheticly failed at living.

[22:08:36] The death song plays along with LLogh

[22:08:36] apple_pie has made a fatal tactical error.

[22:08:36] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

hehe

it was the best invashon ever :P

Edited by thelethalmoo

:sneaky: big thanks to all involved, it was Super Groovy! :icon13:

Tons of fun, thanks a ton to Radu and Ace :P

Now screens.

elscreen066.png

Taking a minute to get my breath back, i'm almost out of HE from restoring after each death :huh:

elscreen065.png

Screw Waldo, lets play "Wheres Shuj?"

elscreen064.png

I thought this was funny, died before i could snap a pic.

elscreen061.png

Fun at DP arena :sneaky:

I had a great time, i got my first hit on a giant. 266 attack experience each time \o/

BTW ent, could we please get the breakage numbers, I wanna know how many bricks we payed for :icon13: