Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SkyHigh

Aluwen vs. mortos

which god is better to serve? Mind you I am not a pure pk or pure fighter or anything? I am mostly fighting monsters not Pking much. Opinions plz

Edited by SkyHigh

which god is better to serve? Mind you I am not a pure pk or pure fighter or anything? I am mostly fighting monsters not Pking much. Opinions plz
Especially if your more of a "trainer" and not so much a "PK'er"; Aluwen is best. High def = less broken armor, less HE/SRS used.

But it's more debatable if you're a PK'er.

EDIT: Also, it makes more mathematical sense to go with Aluwen for some very popular training creatures; Ogre and Feros. They have high att (as in; they give more def exp). So you get more out of your 20% bonus.

This also applies to Cyclops and Desert Chims, as there are maps where you will regularly be multi'd for those 2 creatures.

Edited by Korrode

U have two choices to get exp fast cheap and easy:

1) Aluwen till u can hit each time fluffy rabbit, than change to mortos, make 120+attack and change back to aluwen- pvp some1 till u reach ~140 def, add coord, change to mortos and go yetis at -19attack :P

2) Aluwen from the beginning till u end with feros or desert chims( u have to end dcw train as soon as u reach 140 def, coz they wont att u anymore even at -19def :P ), than of coz boost ur coord, take mortos and kill yetis at -19attack :)

Sidenote: Yes i know u can train with mortos all the time or even godless, but if u want to surpass other players and not neccecary work ur ass off doing that- thats the best way B)

mp

( u have to end dcw train as soon as u reach 140 def, coz they wont att u anymore even at -19def :evilgrin: )

If you want to be multied by desert chims, can't you simply mana drain one walking past you?

( u have to end dcw train as soon as u reach 140 def, coz they wont att u anymore even at -19def :whistle: )

If you want to be multied by desert chims, can't you simply mana drain one walking past you?

U can but what to do after u get 15 times def exp? Harm it again? Or heal/mana drain? Its hard to do when u want to fight 3-5 chims at the same time ( and make 500-700k oa/h :P )

Go to bethel and check how ppl train on multi- chims, u will realise u can do that only when they auto-att u :P

We got many very experienced multi- trainers here, to not look far: Ohmygod, St_Arcane and Vytukas , ask them ;)

mp

Just on a little side note:

+8 coord (godless) + attack potion gives higher combat lvl than +15 attack from bless at same a/d level.

ánd the +8 coord makes you defend better :blush:

That difference gets even worse when you take into account the bless gets less with every minute while the person who uses attack pots can keep the +5 attack because he can keep drinking potions :)

Ambro got valid point, if u wanna only pure pk/make gc without carring much for few a/d lvls more- godless is best choice, but imho soonest u can take it is when u kill yetis with cutlass w/o dieing often.

Youve been hiding that from me for ages, Ambey!

You never asked :D

Anyway, when your low lvl keep gods, at higher lvls (Yeti+) i found it doesnt make much diff anymore, tested it...with att god you get bit more att xp...but with higher coord you get bit more def xp...just a mather of preference i guess.

Edit:

Almost forgot...the higher coord also lets you TS attack a bit sooner and/or more for same effect as att god.

Like i said, its all a mather of preference...some ppl swear by att god and god xp...other ppl dont :P

Edited by Ambrosius

The ideal is to switch between gods. Personally i served Mortos until attack 88. The reason was that if your attack is almost the same with your def level then you don't need high coords to train on fluffies and u get good exp. Also with Mortos blessings you can pk a bit with crappy p/c.(don't expect miracles though)

Everything depends from your needs, your level and the philosophy u have in training.

If you pvp a lot then the def god is better.

Some old players made a mistake. They considered armed orcs and cyclops untrainable. But if you serve Mortos and use a bone then armed orcs and cyclops can give u very good exp.

On the other hand if you are training on ogres or fluffies the def god is better for exp.

So the answer is there is no better god.

And on the pk server godless is probably the best :bow_arrow:

Yes Agis, you are confusing the things I guess. I trained cyclops as an "old" player a bit, but old players didn't bone cyclops, they used tit long or tit short sword because they didnt have CoLs (or they had life helms later which were 200k at npc)

Some old players made a mistake. They considered armed orcs and cyclops untrainable.

Ahem... old players didn't have armed orcs...

Depend of how long you need to play to be "old player".

I was training on armed orcs in EVTR pk cave when it was new and only few knew it.

Maybe 2 years ago ?

Gave very good xp. :bow_arrow:

Yes Agis, you are confusing the things I guess. I trained cyclops as an "old" player a bit, but old players didn't bone cyclops, they used tit long or tit short sword because they didnt have CoLs (or they had life helms later which were 200k at npc)

And I was training cyclops with bone and COL when it did'nt degrade and only could be bought from NPC.

Only ever broke one on cyclops.

Edited by Zamirah

Boxed them quite a bit...and was before col was ingame :bow_arrow:

The ideal is to switch between gods. Personally i served Mortos until attack 88. The reason was that if your attack is almost the same with your def level then you don't need high coords to train on fluffies and u get good exp. Also with Mortos blessings you can pk a bit with crappy p/c.(don't expect miracles though)

Everything depends from your needs, your level and the philosophy u have in training.

If you pvp a lot then the def god is better.

Some old players made a mistake. They considered armed orcs and cyclops untrainable. But if you serve Mortos and use a bone then armed orcs and cyclops can give u very good exp.

On the other hand if you are training on ogres or fluffies the def god is better for exp.

So the answer is there is no better god.

And on the pk server godless is probably the best :bow_arrow:

lol.u have no idea about how it was with cyclops and armed orc do u?armed orcs didnt exist and cyclops gave 2 attack exp per hit at ~60 attack lvl.that's why they were practicly untrainable.Besides there was no col,nmt etc.so next time dont even mention that old players made a mistake

LIES! I got 80k OA off a (yes 1) clops when I reset xD

Ofc this was ages ago, when their stats were different. When I was ~90s, I remember SmOOmS had just reset too at like 100's+, and I was so jealous of him training fluffs with like 30/10 p/c ^_^

but clops really were poo back then, they owned your armour like nobodies business and hit more often+harder than fluffs, dunno what they liek now, any better? :blink:

Edited by Deified

Boxed them quite a bit...and was before col was ingame :P

was possible with more phys but painful, if you were strong enough for boning clops, tit long on fluffs was usually a better option :blink:

Zami: Maybe you were rich ;)

Anyway it wasn't common to train with CoL those times, I remember most trainers used no CoLs, especially on ogre, cyc, armed orc (which appeared in 2006 spring/summer I think). Nowadays it has changed for sure, I've even seen one guy boning trolls in full red dragon set ;)

Edited by vytukas

As i said everybody has his own philosophy while training.

And something else. Until late 80's i didn't have a col...

I was training like everybody else. Steel chain and iron helmet.

At def 80 with tit long the exp was 250k per hour. The funny thing is that i was getting exactly the same exp barehand but training was much more expensive. My guildie sundulana noticed exactly the same thing.

After def 83 the exp with cyclops was much much better. I am talking about single spawns. Cause if we mention spawns like egratia point exp is much higher.(with def god this time).

And guys i am not talking about ALL OLD PLAYERS.

From some of you i heard stupid things like the more coords u have the more exp u get or things like u can't serve mortos and the magic god at the same time...

but clops really were poo back then, they owned your armour like nobodies business and hit more often+harder than fluffs, dunno what they liek now, any better? ;)
They are ok, but they still hit harder than fluffy and, much more importantly; they crit like 3x more than fluffy does (so yeah, still armor smashers).

Another big problem is that a higher phys and lower coord setup is good for them, but to move to fluffy asap you want higher coord and lower phys... so Ogres > Clops > Fluffy doesn't work that well, which is why some people stay on Ogre for ages and then move straight to Fluffy.

The revelation of using Vitality instead of Will has eased the pain a bit, but they still aint great... I recommend to people to just suck it up and train on them anyways, if you have to restore heaps on them, well, good... it'll just build the ol' magic level faster :P

Boxed them quite a bit...and was before col was ingame :)

was possible with more phys but painful, if you were strong enough for boning clops, tit long on fluffs was usually a better option ;)

Zami: Maybe you were rich :P

Anyway it wasn't common to train with CoL those times, I remember most trainers used no CoLs, especially on ogre, cyc, armed orc (which appeared in 2006 spring/summer I think). Nowadays it has changed for sure, I've even seen one guy boning trolls in full red dragon set :P

If i remember correct it was with ~36/48 p/c and high 70 to low 80 a/d, fluff was still too strong (no strong armours to help you; iron was best ingame, no CoL, nmt etc.) but boxing or with bone on clops was ok...think i got arround 200-220k xp per h which was pretty ok back then.

If i remember correct it was with ~36/48 p/c and high 70 to low 80 a/d, fluff was still too strong (no strong armours to help you; iron was best ingame, no CoL, nmt etc.) but boxing or with bone on clops was ok...think i got arround 200-220k xp per h which was pretty ok back then.

Yeah was ok :P

I was getting similar exp with tit short or wooden staff, i had 32/40 p/c 70/80 a/d i think ;) But when I was on cycs CoLs became more common and NMT appeared so I switched to using them.

Training "the real way" was fun although :P

Edited by vytukas

Irillion is still kinda new to the game isn't it? ;)

Anyway, I'd probably choose def god, were I not a summoner, but Selain and Mortos are good buds, so I didn't have that choice D:

Who knows, may go godless once I hit yeti's like mp suggests, doubt it though.