Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Creature Ranking

This is NOT a list of what level you should be to fight something. We all know there are far too many factors including armor, weapon and attributes that affect those numbers.

The list below is a *starting point* only. They are very roughly sorted and as you can tell towards the bottom, I'm not a fighter :hug:

The idea is to get input from players about the general ranking. If you think two monsters are roughly the same, say so. (See that white and brown rabbits are on the same line). This list doesn't need to be 100% accurate and I will delete any posts that are spam are argumentative.

I'll be updating the list from time to time based on input given.

White Rabbit, Brown Rabbit
Rat
Beaver
Brownie
Raccoon
Skunk
Wood Sprite
Deer
Leprechaun
Small Spider
Fox
Green Snake
Red Snake
Brown Snake
Boar
Wolf
Imp
Male Goblin
Skeleton
Small Gargoyle
Large Spider
Tall Gargoyle
Medium Gargoyle (winglesss)
Puma
Chinstrap Penguin
Getnoo Penguin
King Penguin
Snow Leopard
Leopard
Falcon
Hawk
Armed Skeleton
Female Armed Goblin
Feran
Lion
Female Orc
Male Armed Goblin
Male Orc
Black Panther
Hobgoblin
Troll
Panda Bear
Polar Bear
Male Ogre
Black Bear, Grizzly Bear
Female Armed Orc
Male Armed Orc
Phantom Warrior
Tiger
White Tiger, Cyclops
Fluffy Rabbit
Feros
Slessar
Desert Chimeran
Forest Chimeran
Mountain Chimeran
Yeti, Cockatrice
Arctic Chimeran
Giant
Red Dragon
Black Dragon

Edited by Ghrae

Medium Gargoyle( wingless) should be between tall garg and puma.

Armed Goblin is stronger from female orc

Hobgob is stronger from armed gob.

About black and grizzly bears:

They both weaker from male ogre, only problem is to cast magic immune( or drain them but not many players got 40 magic at 50-60def :hug: ) while fighting, even w/o it they can hit u only once for 30 mana+health .

I would say with black/grizzly bears and ogre is similar like with cyclops and fluffy:

Once u get stronger ogre and fluffy r very easy for u, but black/grizzly bear or cyclopses, even when u r way stronger from them might give u some of the trouble.

Cyclops should be between white tiger and fluffy.

( I have no idea about new animals- tiger, feran. lion, panther, penguins etc )

Fluffy+ ranking is fine.

( Slessar and desert chimeran feel almost the same for me, hard to tell which is stronger, they both got 100a/d, im guessing slessar is weaker coz got less p/c but its only a guess)

mp

mp

Armed Goblins are not stronger than female orcs, at least not with low p/c.

I killed them for months in TG before I could kill a female orc.

But can be the p/c, I had all nexus at that time :hug:

I have to agree with Zamirah as I did fight both armed gobs an (non-armed) orcs. Orcs are stronger. Fem orcs aren't much stronger, but enough to keep her above the male armed.

White Tiger, Cyclops - I'm going to leave on one line for now. Unless I get more people saying they should be separate. So far I've heard one say same and one say cyclops is stronger.

Any fighters in the 30s & 40s would be helpful. I have a feeling that the cats, penguins and birds in the middle need a lot of adjusting. I suck as a fighter, but even I'm too high to test :)

Cyc's are definitely tougher compared to white tigers.. that's coming from someone who trains clops :)

PS: shouldn't it be Sslessar and not slessar? :)

I volounteer to test both white tigers and cyclopses, 20 of them killed with fist and with some strong sword, so u can check the difference between them with ur own eyes :)

About armed gobs and fem orcs im not able to tell now who is right.

Over 2 years ago we thought it was:

fem gob>fem orc>armed gob>male orc

to train in this order, but since my stats r too big( and my alt is after reset :) ) i cant confirm or deny it :)

<edit>

I just checked 20 cyclopses barehanded and they took me 94 health, after that, with same bad astro and armors i checked 20 white tigers and they took me only 80 health and they died faster( tiger's health =75, cyc's health=200).

mp

Edited by masterpiter

I think you may be basing this on a/d exp given, rather that the actual strength of the creatures. For example, I beat all orcs easily, and my normal training level is cyc/fluff, but phantoms still give me problems.

With my new char blueslave i was able to kill female orcs before i could armed goblins; I was 24 phy vita 12 and coord 4 a few days ago :blush:

Fem orcs have 50/30 a/d. Armed gobs do have something like 30/46. P/c should be about the same.

Player with "normal" p/c, for example more coord than phys, is able to kill/train armed goblin before female orc.

With goblin the problem is hitting, with orc the problem is dodging.

About the others I can say the following:

Wood sprites are below deers, maybe leprechauns too.

Wolf should maybe be a bit lower.

Imp should be above wolf, since you can't block it's heat damage with armor.

I don't know how strong penguins are, but when I killed snow leopards last time, they were a lot easier than leopards, they have lower p/c than leopard so they hit and dodge less.

Since phantom warrior is in practice immune to physical damage, it should probably be higher on the list.

Manaburning bears should be above the ogre.

Edited by ville-v

On the Female Orcs vs Armed Male Goblins. Everyone is forgetting the "Armed" part, they hit more

criticals ,therefore are much tougher to train on. In my tests, I found using a newb char( with pumped coord ) I could

destroy Fem Orcs and die to Armed Male Goblins.

I think its best this list isn't a raw a\d list but a pure combine features.(Criticals , etc)

For example, I beat all orcs easily, and my normal training level is cyc/fluff, but phantoms still give me problems.

Are hard for anyone to hit. I can box a chimera for more damage than a Phantom Warrior in the same time frame.

Medium Gargoyle( wingless) should be between tall garg and puma.

Hobgob is stronger from armed gob.

I agree 100%, IMHO masterpiter is correct. (Hobgoblins are critical kings, mini-cyclops, a trainer cannot look

away fighting them or die)

edit: typo

Edited by robotbob

I suggested white tiger was of similar level to a cyclops based on lethality, ie given a fighter at an appropriate level fighting these critters, what was the chance of dying to this monster. Sure white tigers have lower hp, but they seem (to me at least) harder to hit, hit harder and have cooldown.

I just couldn't see placing him below the cyc being representative of the difficulty of this critter.

S.

When I get home I'll make some adjustments on the info here.

Just want to remind people that this will not be some definitive guide to what you should fight at x-attack/y-defense guide. So if there is both for/against arguments for some creatures, I will put them at the same level and let the fighter determine from their own P/C/armor worn what is most efficient for them.

If any of you know guildies in their 30s and 40s, we need a lot of recommendations for those creatures. Please let them know of this thread.

Several edits based on comments. In cases of "xx should be higher" I need to know: higher than WHAT?

Edited by Ghrae

( Slessar and desert chimeran feel almost the same for me, hard to tell which is stronger, they both got 100a/d, im guessing slessar is weaker coz got less p/c but its only a guess)
IMO Sslessar is stronger than D.chim. i find them to be noticeably harder.

Tested phantom warriors with over 160 physique and 24 coord character build :P and i hit them 100% times with orc slayer, it means they got big armor/toughness and low coord/instinct.

I deal around 30-40dmg to them with orc slayer, which is very little coz i can hit fluffy for 60-80 dmg with same orc slayer.

mp

So where then would you put Phantom Warriors?
Well, very hard to say as being able to kill one is based purely on luck with crits (unless u have massive Might like MP was saying)... I can kill them quite reliably with Rapier...

perhaps inbetween Ogres and Black/Grizzly Bears... would be good if some who still finds bears to be a challenge (needs weapon to kill them) went and fought a Phantom Warrior and let us know...

If someone wants to try that, I would appreciate it.

And remember, this isn't a definitive guide. I think on some creatures, based on a lot of input I'm getting, you'll have to find out for yourself if you can take either Creature_A or Creature_B based on your particular stats.

I think as long as we don't grossly miss the mark, we'd be ok. Putting Phantoms at armed goblin, is misleading. Putting them at Yeti is misleading. But if we move them to grizzly bears and players know they have to bring some diss rings the first few times they test a creature, then I think we'll be ok.

So where then would you put Phantom Warriors?

That is hard to say imo. I can kill a fluff faster than I can a phantom but they do less damage , if the list is purely based on how hard they are to kill , imo they should be above armed orc

Sslessar is much harder to block than desert chim (high coord maybe?), though they lack toughness a bit to beat forest and mountain chims. Unfortunately natural sslessars are found only in invasions, so I can't go test them now :whistle:

Also, on yeti/cockatrice. In my opinion, yeti is stronger overall. Cockatrice's only strong point is immense damage they deal. Anyway, it is just another example when it's hard to decide which is stronger

Sslessar is much harder to block than desert chim (high coord maybe?), though they lack toughness a bit to beat forest and mountain chims. Unfortunately natural sslessars are found only in invasions, so I can't go test them now :whistle:

Since u r exactly at their lvls u should feel and know best =]

Also, on yeti/cockatrice. In my opinion, yeti is stronger overall. Cockatrice's only strong point is immense damage they deal. Anyway, it is just another example when it's hard to decide which is stronger

I can only say that no matter if i use weak or strong weapon or i kill with fist i always have to heal more on cocktarices.

Cocktarice is weaker from yeti when:

U got very high phys and very low coord- then u still can block and hit cocktarices and ur toughness reduces the dmg, however u almost cant hit yetis even with cutlass, and u have like 5% blocks on them.

Its also possible that cocktarice might seem weaker from yetis when ur way below their lvls, so u cant hit yetis at all and u can hit cocktarices since it has 10 less def lvls and also less coord.

mp

Well, mp, you are right, but I think yeti should own cockatrice easily 1 on 1 (if we can get monsters fight each other :whistle:), cause yeti would both hit/block it at a decent rate

In short, yeti is harder to hit, and to block (even though cockatrice is 130 att, it's relatively easy to block). But cockatrice has nice critical dmg ;) (up to 70-80, depending on your toughness)

Edited by vytukas

Moved Phantom Warrior yet again, this time above Male Armed Orcs.

Putting Yeti & Cockatrice on the same line. This means players who get to that point need to find out which is better / harder for them.. but it still shows that both are above Mountain Chims.