Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Halloween Invasion

So, did you guys like it? Any suggestions?

Personally I think it was great, seeing so many people coming together as a team to kill the giants.

was fun, best invaision ever!! NO DROP day AND invaision....better than chocolate!!!

Giants were tough, but was fun working with everyone, suks to die, but i kept coming back anyways :hug:

Would love another invaision with no drop, at least i know i can go back again and again to help :) , i may not be ubber strong like the dragon slayers, but i had fun !

unfortiontly no case you see the only fun somebody gets is if they are relly high lbvl and can kill that stuff like the yetis kiled me in one hit it was lag moustly and you see us noobs/ low lvl people dont get any fun ! you sghould have a boar/deer/wolf/goblin invasion ....

wasn't soooo nice for non-fighters especially that the creatures were left even though "mortos withdrew". yes, was nice for the people to form teams to kill the giants and dragons but for me it just looked like you ran out of roleplaying stuff so you just left the dragons&giants in well known areas so people might log on, maybe die and lose a rosto cause they didn't know about it but tell the others you make another no drops day if they can kill them in 2 hours.

as i said, just my opinion and what it looked like to me.

for me currently as a mix/harvest guy it was just a "avoid the dragons in evtr" game (which i lost one time though :) )

#edit: thanks for no invasion in hell :hug:

Edited by McLane

I loved it! Best invasion ever imo. I liked in MM when we had all the feros, fluffs & dcs & that lasted a long time, that was cool. I especially liked how you gave us a challenge & a reward to earn, and everyone banded together to kill the giants. I had sooo much fun today. :hug::)

Edit:

I can't believe people are bitching about this. There were plenty of maps that were safe. Lots of people didn't participate in the invasion & just went about their business as normal :/

Edited by Cissysauce

Was the best invasion ever, so nice teamwork on the giants.

The yetis in idaloran were good, not too crowded, too bad only few were there.

Nice teamwork in morcraven too, would have been good if some dragons had been on multi maps too.

I think this invasion was so good because you needed to work together to kill the giants and we got a reward if we did.

I had a great time, indeed mainly because of the cooperation, people going in as teams. That just really makes a difference for both fun and result :happy:. It happened mostly for the giants in Bethel, but before that already with the ACs in Portland, for example.

The part in MM was also very nice - for my levels at least. Lots to kill, and not impossible to survive either. That is just more fun than walking back from underworld ALL the time.

The reward probably worked well to motivate people. To be honest, good chance I wouldn't have bothered with Bethel otherwise, in invasions I usually don't go where monsters are announced that I know I don't stand a chance against. But now I went anyway (and I don't even care much about no drops days personally :hug: ), with the thought 'every hp off one of those giants is 1'. Having a goal makes things better.

Lower levels: yes, it's frustrating when everything is too strong - but if you get stronger yourself, at some point you find yourself participating without dying in 1 hit. There were goblins and trolls too. And if creatures are TOO low levelled, they'll just be gone before you even have a chance to get there.

With an invasion that takes as long as this one, maybe the last part (with strong monsters that will be there for a long time) can be in 'fighter maps' more than 'mixer maps'. I doubt many people had problems with the giants being in Bethel, but EV is used a lot by non-fighters. So dragons roaming there for hours, indeed also with people just logging in during the day in mind, might be a bit too much.

Oh, and what I already suggested on channel 6: maybe another invasion with another special day as reward, to keep the mixers happy? :)

And now i need sleep :D

Guest ohmygod

Missed all but last 20 min of he day. I knew i shouldnt have gone to sleep or at least woke up earlier :hug:

I missed the first parts I'm guessing, didn't log in until ~4:00 El time, but made it for the giants in bethel, and even managed to get 10 on my kill counters :D Tried and died to the leftover dragons a few times in evtr, ended up harming them while zamirah did the hard work, until they poofed, but was still loads of fun. Still made it to TD in time to gain some PK points :)

All in all I think it was well planned, was great to see so many people working together to exterminate the giants, and I look forward to the next one :hug:

I realize it's hard to create an invasion that provides opportunities for all levels of players. There's a tendency for high-level fighters to swoop in and kill all the easier stuff before the low/mid-level fighters can even get there. But I agree, it would be nice if something could be provided for the low/mid fighters beyond a token wave or two at the start of a larger invasion.

I realize it's hard to create an invasion that provides opportunities for all levels of players. There's a tendency for high-level fighters to swoop in and kill all the easier stuff before the low/mid-level fighters can even get there. But I agree, it would be nice if something could be provided for the low/mid fighters beyond a token wave or two at the start of a larger invasion.

You mean, like the 1000+ armed orcs, female orcs, and armed skeletons?

I had a great time in today's no drop invasion, I even had a chance to kill off a few male gob's in Portland before dying and since I am a fairly low level fighter this was a bonus for me. The only suggestion I have is that perhaps the next one might be held at a different time, as today's and the last no drop day + invasion seemed to be both held at approximately the same time of day: judging by the email notifications I received from Gossip, both days started at around 6-6:30am in AEDST (GMT+11:00). Having them at different times would allow other players from different timezones to share in the fun :hug:.

I could only participate in the first hour, but I gotta say... it was GREAT! Even if it was not a no drop day I would've had a blast. There was chances (most of the time) to get away from higher level monsters.

It did lagg ALOT in MM with the dc/fluff/feros. But that was because of so many people, not the monsters. (was fun multi'ing them too :hug:)

Thanks for the fun :P

~kGn

and goblin and wolf please =) like make it totaly defent c1 or die trying just because we controul moust of the land and goblins dont =D wold be total fun, and the wolfs should be allied with goblins/orks/ gargs PLOX!=)

Hmmm, sounds great (didn't see it announced as to where that was happening and wasn't watching event channel :hug:).

But I'm also thinking of the smaller mod-run invasions that happen every so often.

Edited by bkc56

I don't usually chime in on the invasion threads, but I just have to say thanks for the best invasion yet. The combination of DC's, fluffs, and feros was awesome enough but then the challenge at the end to clear the monsters before a certain time just made it that much better. I know not to expect three hour invasions all the time, but I would like to request the challenge/reward aspect of the invasion to become more common. It was cool seeing fighters from all different guilds work together to achieve a common goal. Ok, enough rambling....thanks again for a sweet ass invasion!

Probably sounds too easy, but I imagine the trick would be to draw the high level fighters away with monsters of their level, then a min or so later announce the lower level monsters that are spawning in another map. That way hopefully the ub3r fighters are already on their way or into their monsters, and the lower monsters don't get wiped out.

I have seen this done a few times during invasions before and it seems to leave a lot of lower level fighters with plenty of sword fodder :hug:

I also had a great time with this invasion, got me a giant on my kills counters as part of a massive group smacking on one in MM. :P

S.

Ha! I logged in when it was 4:40 or something like that.

And went to my usual steel bars mixing.

Suddenly I saw a dragon! Near storage (in EVTR).

You know, the adrenaline hit me. First I backed off not to be eaten.

Then replaced my mixer stuff with fighting stuff (not much, as I have a/d 34/35).

But with a mirror cape I managed to get 20 hitpoints from the dragon. Yay!

Of course I died several times. But it was fun. Walking with everybody out of the underworld and then teleporting back to the monsters.

I didn't kill anything, was killed several times, but I had fun. And I am no fighter at all and I have low levels.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Edited by Chryzopraz

It was Halloween, A NDD appeared ..... And then "vot on ch.6 if you want a Halloween Invasion"

Ha i didn't see much "no's" there and finally ... Players started to team up on monsters, MM as soon as few fluff, feros or DC gathered around a player some came to rescue

This was Fun. The giants were dieing like rabbits at one point, and only because of the good cooperation.

I stumbled upon a wandering yeti in Idaloran, announced were it was, fought it together with a not so strong fighter like me, we died, Announced and a stronger player came to fight it and together we killed it.

This is how it should be, even when your not that strong, you can kill monsters.

I loved it, not the best invasion I've seen. But The Best one I've seen where players cooperate finally.

First I got killed by 2 dragons in EVTR, then by a giant in Bethel, but I'm not complaining because it was No Drop Day and I didn't lose anything :hug:

I decided to see all the giants in Bethel again and it was fun watching the armies killing them and I also had fun dodging the giants, cyclopses (I wasn't wearing MM) and chims.

I checked most of the east side of WS and couldn't find trolls by the way.

I love how the invasion made so many people work together and I hope some of you made new friends. I agree that the next invasion should have an award of a day useful for us mixers/non-fighters even if we don't take part much.

niCe invasion and no drop day :)

at 1st i spend most of the day pking and have fun because i know all monsters will be dead as soon as i arrived to the invasion place :D , but when i heared that there will be another NO DROP DAY as a reward if we kill all monsters, i went for the dragons and gaints :hug:

guildie friends ally and enemys fought togther to have another NO DROP DAY, that was niCe

PS:

Best way of NOT DYING is to stay close to zamirah in invasions :P