Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El 145 RC1 is here!

I noticed that dead skeletons make the bone rattling noise. I think it would be better if they were silent after they die.

I noticed that dead skeletons make the bone rattling noise. I think it would be better if they were silent after they die.
In theory this is as they die... falling to the ground and all that?

Hm, it seems that all of PV insides has a water background sound, even if there isn't water nearby.
Can someone please check what the tiles in that map are? I'd be surprised if they were all water.

/edit: Oh... this is the background sound. That is interesting, I wasn't aware of any background sounds being defined for C2 maps yet (although I haven't checked recently). Roja is working on configuring maps (and has called for help in the sounds/music forum) so bugs with locations can probably safely be ignored until more work is complete.

Sounds like he was in a map that had a water sound(such as anitora), and then went to PV insides but the sound didn't stop playing. There are no sounds defined for PV or any inside map as of yet.

Actually, I teleported into it via PV magic School, which didn't have any sound. I even left PV insides, and walked back in, and the water sound still played.

In theory this is as they die... falling to the ground and all that?

I walked away from a dead skeleton but every time I walked back towards it I heard active rattling sounds.

Some more experimenting in Morcraven caves . . .

It seems to me that after I killed a skeleton and heard the death sounds that I heard the death sounds again when I returned to the corpse. I then killed a goblin and heard a different death sound. When I walked away and returned I think I heard the goblin's death sound again.

Edited by Puntif

Finally i have a CVS client now and it sounds only great :whistle:

And ive found this:

The docks in Tarsengaard, when you walk you hear steps on wood, ok. When you go over the bridge, you hear steps on stone, but only sometimes you hear one sound like a step in water and then again steps on stone.

Then i startet to play, go from the docks to the bridge and vice versa and found this out:

Walk on the docks from 129,295 to 129,290 and you hear steps in water

Walk on the docks from 131,290 to 131,294 and you hear steps on wood.

Looks like the definition for the docks is a little bit too small.

Piper

Edit: confirmed the water sound in PV insides, i just entered the tavern there and the sound of rolling waves started. And there is still that stupid map bug when you enter the tavern: The char runs half around the house and then enters.

Ocean sound too in Salingen Manor.

Ocean sound in that small temple in PV close to the exit to Kusamura.

Ocean sound + burning fire sound in the house at PV 205,188

Ocean sound in Aisy's flower shop.

Ocean sound in the house at PV 266,199.

*NO* ocean sound in PV magic school.

Same in PV northern cave, close to sedicolis exit.

Same in PV southern cave, where the toadstools are in front of it.

And i never can kill an imp again in my life, lol ;)

And a funny tree in PV, 144,79, my body is not visible through the stem, but my head and name is, when i rotate the camera a little bit o.O

Edited by The_Piper

In vista, none of my settings are saved when I restart the client, probably because there is no C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\ in vista. Also the client seems to stop working and crash about every 20 minutes or so, both are reproducable on the Dell Inspiron 1501

I walked away from a dead skeleton but every time I walked back towards it I heard active rattling sounds.
Ahhhh, yep, that's a bug. At the moment the sound is played with each animation. When the dead creature comes back into range the server sets its animation to the death one, but it also sets its status as already dead so you don't see the animation, but the sound plays. Oops. Thanks for that.

Looks like the definition for the docks is a little bit too small.
I didn't know there was a definition for the docks in TG yet? (Feel free to have a look at the thread in the Sounds & Music forum and create those definitions!)

It's probably just the tiles underneath the 3d object are correct in places and hence why you hear the correct sounds.

Ocean sound too in Salingen Manor.

Ocean sound in that small temple in PV close to the exit to Kusamura.

Ocean sound + burning fire sound in the house at PV 205,188

Ocean sound in Aisy's flower shop.

Ocean sound in the house at PV 266,199.

Hmmm. I'm guessing they are all on the same insides map, and one of the map id's in the C2 sound def file is wrong.

/edit: Actually. Is it possible these are all in a corner on the Anitora map, because it is the only one with a wave sound like that defined?

In vista, none of my settings are saved when I restart the client, probably because there is no C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\ in vista.
Hmmm, are you sure its not just hidden? This will change anyway soon because there is too much confusion around the hidden \Application Data\ directory. When I have finished programming it, all the configuration will be stored under My Documents so it is easy for people to access. This should also work under all versions of Windows (although I only have XP to test on).

Also the client seems to stop working and crash about every 20 minutes or so, both are reproducable on the Dell Inspiron 1501
Reproducible means you can trigger the problem at any time. Crashing about every 20 minutes doesn't help me unfortunately. I need to know if there is an action that you do or something that happens in game which every time crashes the client. Edited by Torg

In vista, none of my settings are saved when I restart the client, probably because there is no C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\ in vista.
Hmmm, are you sure its not just hidden? This will change anyway soon because there is too much confusion around the hidden \Application Data\ directory.

In Vista we have \Users\[username]\AppData\. I think you should use something like %APPDATA% (or switch to "My Documents", but this folder name varies in different languages).

In Vista we have \Users\[username]\AppData\. I think you should use something like %APPDATA% (or switch to "My Documents", but this folder name varies in different languages).
It does that exactly. The client currently makes a Windows system call to find %APPDATA%... and it will change to finding My Docs when I get some time (probably tomorrow).

Hi.

Not sure if this is reported/known yet, probably has to do with the 42 base exp, but I leveled up to level 1 tailoring last night making robes with the test formula, and I signned on now, and it says I still need 1024 for my next level (level 1).

Anyway, just... posting that.

Sorry if it's known already :)

Not sure if this is reported/known yet, probably has to do with the 42 base exp, but I leveled up to level 1 tailoring last night making robes with the test formula, and I signned on now, and it says I still need 1024 for my next level (level 1).
It should be 1066.

You need a newer client. This has been fixed in CVS.

It should be 1066.

You need a newer client. This has been fixed in CVS.

Oh. Ok, sorry about that. P.S. (it said I had 42/1066, though I'm sure that's already known :P)

I didn't do anything it crashes all by itself, about every 20-30 minutes (I haven't timed it exactly) for no apparent reason. Both times I was on completely different maps and doing completely different things. I'll try to find whats causing it.

Edited by auror

i tested it on my old pc which i have no probs running it normally with the old client but i cant run shadows and a few other things plus im getting no sound at all. i tried changing the el.ini file to point it to the right folder and still nothing so im taking it might be my sound card.

im running a dell optiplex g110 desktop cpu, os is windows 2000, and have all my drivers updated to latest as far as i know. gfx card is really old so that proly reason on the grafix but it runs ok with poorman running. all i know about the sound card is it is a soundmax built into the board.

also had a friend that had problems downloading the file so i reuploaded the file to rapidshare.com for any1 needing it. its unmodified and original file delete the link if im breaking any rules posting it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67246081/el_14...ll_rc1.exe.html

edit: the friend i was uploading it for cant run the client and he is also banned on forums so thats reason im posting his problem too. he has a radeon x700 vid card and it looks like its an opengl problem. he uploaded a screenshot so here is the link. im just trying to give any feedback i can cus i really like el, got too many friends on here to not be able to play :o

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/629/errormsgcc4.jpg

Edited by Seth1

yo, tappro posted this for me and since im able to write here again i will post some details.

i talked with some mods + players about it and asked for some help, i did the following:

1) reinstalled windows, tried service pack 2 and installed the latest drivers.

2) checked the #data_dir in el.ini and set the video stuff to 0, poor man to 1.

well if i play with the normal client for the live server EL works perfect and fast, ~300fps and pr0 graphics.

but if i wanna start the other client, well, the screenshot tappro posted shows it all :/

i also looked in the error_log.txt.

this is what i get:

[23:43:14] No language set so defaulting to [en] and using language selection window

[23:43:15] Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"

well the language thing is gone now since i put "en" in the el.ini file, wasnt anything big.

the Error for mapinfo.lst i somehow cant get away.

maybe you guys know something that would help? :o

When you edited the el.ini, which el.ini did you edit? The one in the el directory, or the one in applicationdata/elc ?

Did you try to use the Omega drivers?

When you edited the el.ini, which el.ini did you edit? The one in the el directory, or the one in applicationdata/elc ?

Did you try to use the Omega drivers?

actually i dont have the new el.ini file in the application/elc thing, there are only some txt files like error/srv_log.txt. the el.ini file is in my "eternal lands test1" folder, i edited this 1 for sure. the other wouldnt work for the testserver anyway.

to the second point, i dont even know what the omega drivers are lol :omg:

just searched for the omega drivers, installing them soon then i'll see if it works.

Edited by Tempest

Same with imps. I killed one close to NC storage and got the dieing sound. Then i entered storage, left storage, heard the dieing sound again. entered, left, again dieing sound. And so on until the imp respawned.

Piper

well my problem is worked out.

Installed ATI omega drivers, new client works perfect now.

Thanks for help :)

EDIT: to the new models... i think theres nothing i can do against that i look like a girl with a fat beer-belly :omg:

Edited by Tempest

Same with imps. I killed one close to NC storage and got the dieing sound. Then i entered storage, left storage, heard the dieing sound again. entered, left, again dieing sound. And so on until the imp respawned.

Piper

The same effect if you walk away from the body until you can't see it then walk back again.

The same effect if you walk away from the body until you can't see it then walk back again.

Yep. Known bug and fixed awaiting upload.