Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El 145 RC1 is here!

the Tailoring skill comes with 42 exp and requres over 1k to get a level (not sure if intended)
Sound bug: I get the gulping sound when using a potion through the inventory and quickbar, but I don't get it when I use the keyboard shortcuts (ie. Ctrl + 1-6).
Ok, these should now be fixed.

Also, I don't think anyone has noticed the significance of the 2 incorrect numbers for the tailoring skill. They are certainly not random. ;-)

Is anyone else having a problem with the link? I've tried it several times, but it always ends up with the

"There was an error processing your request. Please wait while your request is retried in 10 seconds..." error, and it doesn't matter how long I wait.

Edit: I appologize if this isn't a problem for anyone besides myself, and if the question isn't relevant.

Yes, both links bring up the same error, and it's after you've clicked the save button.

I'm still getting the exact same problem I had last night. After clicking the Download button, it takes you to a page that says there was an error. I've tried turning off my Firewall and clearing old Cookies, as suggested by Filefront support, but nothing appears to work.

Perhaps it's because I'm on Dial-up internet? Are these files being hosted anywhere else? ;)

Edited by LIGHTspeed

I made 12 blue robes and got 16 exp from it (each) and I reached level 1 tailoring.

My will is 24.

btw, PRETTY robes ;)

Jez

Hello.

Nice work on the new items :P

When I was walking off to the docks, though, this happened:

(image was too big to embed, click here)

Some other views:

(image)

(another)

My bro walked over, and confirmed that this was only on my screen.

This happened a few days ago, too, with another tree while I was harving veggies (on the test server).

Anyway, nice work ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's not always like that on my screen, only sometimes :/

Edit2: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/Ja...elscreen020.png --- was chasing a brownie, I just LOVE the sound on that ;)

When I walked out of the house, it crashed :)

Edited by Jaxbot

i got the same error downloading

There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

If you need further help with a download, please contact FileFront support.

but my download is running.. lets see if its finishes ;)

Also, the fire died out, but the sound did not..it continues. And if i turn the sound off/on, it's still there.
Ok, this should be fixed in CVS in about 5 minutes.

Also, we found the bug with everyone getting kicked off because of someone wearing a certain item of clothing. It isn't a client bug, it is the wrong texture file. A new client bundle (RC2?) will probably be released later today.

Hi all, I did a bit of testing myself and I think these are the bugs I faced.

Firstly, I faced a Shadow Flickering problem as I was changing my camera angle. Here are some of the screenies I took. (These shots are given in the order as I was changing the angles)

Angle 1

Angle 2

Angle 3

Angle 4

Angle 5

Angle 6

Secondly, I also faced the same problem as Jaxbot Faced, here is one image of it

Tree Hanging in mid air

Thirdly, I found that when ever I was wearing my Black Dragon Helm, part of my Health and Name was being covered by the helm. I think the name should go a bit up. Here are the pics

Without Helm

With Helm

Finally, I found that when my friend SleepyDragon was wearing her hood with her cloak on, her Hair was Sticking out of her Hood, here is the pic

Hair sticking out of the Hood

My PC Spec are:

Processor :Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz

RAM : 2GB (DDR2 667MHz)

Mother Board : MSI P965 Neo

Graphics Card : Nvidia 7900GT

Sound : Onboard (Realtek HD Audio, Audio Codec ALC883, Audio Driver Version 5.10.00.5319)

If you have weird 3d problems, try to upgrade your video drivers too.

I have an Nvidia card and it works fine, never had that problem.

Also, try less extreme angles, we do not officially support (yet) such angles.

Is anyone else having a problem with the link? I've tried it several times, but it always ends up with the

"There was an error processing your request. Please wait while your request is retried in 10 seconds..." error, and it doesn't matter how long I wait.

When I was dowloading yesterday, I always got the same error message.

But letting it retry, I managed to get the sound file.

I was only able to download the update file this morning tough.

By that, I think that even giving a error message, the real problem is a too busy server.

I have managed to run it on wine (slackware linux 12), and altought it gave this error messages when started:

ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0

ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0

The sound and all that I tested worked fine. (not mentioning issues that was already addressed).

Thirdly, I found that when ever I was wearing my Black Dragon Helm, part of my Health and Name was being covered by the helm. I think the name should go a bit up.
This one I can fix. :-D Thanks for reporting it.

Firstly, I faced a Shadow Flickering problem as I was changing my camera angle. Here are some of the screenies I took. (These shots are given in the order as I was changing the angles)
As Entropy said, extreme angles do some odd things. There are a few problems, especially with shadows, but also with the horizon backdrop. I don't have a huge amount of knowledge about OpenGL so I fix bugs when I can find them. Those are pretty minor normally so will get fixed when they get found. If you can reproduce it so we know exactly why it occurs, then fixing it will be much easier. In the meantime, if you check your drivers are as up-to-date as possible and try to have the camera on slightly less angle you'll likely find it is bearable.

I have managed to run it on wine (slackware linux 12), and altought it gave this error messages when started:

ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0

ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0

The sound and all that I tested worked fine. (not mentioning issues that was already addressed).

That's interesting. It appears that those errors are in your ALSA package, not in EL's code. EL uses OpenAL which talks to ALSA on a Linux system. It's a minor problem because it works, but all I can suggest is have a look at your OpenAL config file: /etc/openalrc and your alsa config: /etc/alsa/alsa.conf;/etc/asound.conf;~/asoundrc

First off- The new sounds are amazing! :)

But, is the grass in Aluwen's temple supposed to sound like you're walking on a platform? I was just seeing if there were any special sounds there, went on the grass, and the footsteps remained the same as when i was walking on the stone.

How about you RTFT, and THEN use the reply button?
*actually*... if the grass is a tile, then its probably a bug

All tile sounds should work, its only if there are 3d objects on top that its broken (cos it doesn't know about the object).

Firstly, I faced a Shadow Flickering problem as I was changing my camera angle. Here are some of the screenies I took. (These shots are given in the order as I was changing the angles) As Entropy said, extreme angles do some odd things. There are a few problems, especially with shadows, but also with the horizon backdrop. I don't have a huge amount of knowledge about OpenGL so I fix bugs when I can find them. Those are pretty minor normally so will get fixed when they get found. If you can reproduce it so we know exactly why it occurs, then fixing it will be much easier. In the meantime, if you check your drivers are as up-to-date as possible and try to have the camera on slightly less angle you'll likely find it is bearable.

As Entropy and Torq said, I have reduced the perspective to 0.40 (same as Roja using). The problem is not so much when I start the game whether its in fullscreen or window from the start, but when as soon as I changed from fullscreen to window or from window to fullscreen, all the shadows and 3d objects trees and surroundings begin their wierd 3d problems. I noticed that the 3d problems persists in the map where I changed the window mode, but when I change map at that very instant (via tele magic or boat or flag) the problem is gone and everything seems to be back to normal. These happens in almost all maps like WS, Votd, Portal Rooms, DP, etc . It is also sometimes crashing while changing maps (This problem is not so frequent). I will give u some of the screen shots.

Screenshot1 (with settings)

Screenshot2

Screenshot3

Screenshot4

Screenshot5

My thought what may go wrong (I may be wrong)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will also like to say that, when I downloaded the test client, I installed it while the sound.zip was still downloading. So I didnt put the sound folder yet at that moment. As I started the client and logged in (w/o the sound folder still on), the enviorment had more wierd 3d problems that of now. After I downloaded the sound files and put them in sound folder, the problem siginificantly reduced. Is the 3d problems due to Sound files?

I dont know if the sound files we downloaded has all the sounds files that were being used by the client (i mean some sound files may be not there or something like that, that the client is still using) which are still cozing the probs or it is not getting the required sound files when I am changing back and forth from the fullscreen or window mode. (This is just a opinion to help u guys, I may be wrong. Hope this helps u.)

Main Probs (The above part is long so I made it short here)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the made the sound folder and put the sound files on I dont face any such problems untill and unless I change from Fullscreen to Window and Viceversa. It runs cool whenever I start the client, whether its in Fullscreen or in Window mode. The problem is in the Map where I changed the window mode. If I go to other maps at that very moment, I problem is gone. It is also sometimes crashing while changing maps.

Testing hardwares

-------------------------

I also tested it on Geforce 7600GS and Geforce FX5200. Same problems as I explained above still remain on them too.

Note: These cards are on separate computers. So far I tested on 3 computers.

Edited by ThunderCloud

Hm, it seems that all of PV insides has a water background sound, even if there isn't water nearby.

Found another 3 bugs I think.

1st : Sound of eating bread seems as if i am eating bones. (may be this is just for temporary testing, but still letting u know) ;)

2nd : As I ventured through DP around 2:56 game time, near the DP CC entrance at co-ord [124,216] i noticed the background sound was of SummerNight rather than sound of Day. The sound seem to be persistent in the small path beside the lake that runs from DP arena to DP CC entrance. The same sound is at [47,172] DP. :devlish:

3rd : Before entering into the Naralik Catacomb, at the entrance, beside the ladder, the floor sound is of walk-on-wooden floor (the front side seem to be ok, but the other 3 side has the sound problem). After Entering into Naralik Catacombs at [175,176] the floor, near the entrance beside the ladder, has walk-on-wooden floor sound. Also at [162,161], the corner near the square death trap on the floor has the same walk-on-wooden floor sound, try to walk through the extreme corner of the trap and u will be able to hear it. The other 3 corners seem to be all ok except that one there. At [91,52] inside naralik catacombs, across the lava near the wooden chair, the floor sound also has the same problem. All these floors there are made up of stone. The Naralik Catacomb Arena floor has the same sound problem, the floor there is not made up of wood, more like the floor is of sand there.

Edited by ThunderCloud

The problem is not so much when I start the game whether its in fullscreen or window from the start, but when as soon as I changed from fullscreen to window or from window to fullscreen, all the shadows and 3d objects trees and surroundings begin their wierd 3d problems.
There are known problems with changing resolutions. My guess is there is an OpenGL state that isn't handled correctly when doing the change.

It is unlikely this will be fixed before this update as I simply don't have enough knowledge about OpenGL, or enough time to spend learning. As for the other devs, I assume they haven't found anything either.

Hopefully someone else will notice and can fix it, but I expect for now this will just have to wait.

Is the 3d problems due to Sound files?
No.

I tested the sound code without any sound directory and the absence of it has no impact on the game.

Hm, it seems that all of PV insides has a water background sound, even if there isn't water nearby.
Can someone please check what the tiles in that map are? I'd be surprised if they were all water.

/edit: Oh... this is the background sound. That is interesting, I wasn't aware of any background sounds being defined for C2 maps yet (although I haven't checked recently). Roja is working on configuring maps (and has called for help in the sounds/music forum) so bugs with locations can probably safely be ignored until more work is complete.

Sound of eating bread seems as if i am eating bones. (may be this is just for temporary testing, but still letting u know) :o
There are 2 types of eating sounds. A soft squelchy sound and a hard crunchy sound. Yes, bread is the same sound as eating bones. I do not know if this will change or not.

As I ventured through DP around 2:56 game time, near the DP CC entrance at co-ord [124,216] i noticed the background sound was of SummerNight rather than sound of Day. The sound seem to be persistent in the small path beside the lake that runs from DP arena to DP CC entrance. The same sound is at [47,172] DP. :evilgrin:
The sound configuration is currently unfinished (this is mentioned in the initial posts in this thread). I assume that Roja has not updated that section of the configuration yet. If I recall correctly, I set that sound as a map default sound so you should hear it everywhere there is no other background sound defined. The time of day flags are currently only relevent for some maps and can be ignored until further notice.

Before entering into the Naralik Catacomb, at the entrance, beside the ladder, the floor sound is of walk-on-wooden floor (the front side seem to be ok, but the other 3 side has the sound problem).
That would be because that raised section is actually ground tile, but the walls around and the wall around the ladder is made from 3d objects. 3d objects do not affect the sound, and hence it is a known issue (see the second post in this thread). Edited by Torg

Can someone please check what the tiles in that map are? I'd be surprised if they were all water.

/edit: Oh... this is the background sound. That is interesting, I wasn't aware of any background sounds being defined for C2 maps yet (although I haven't checked recently). Roja is working on configuring maps (and has called for help in the sounds/music forum) so bugs with locations can probably safely be ignored until more work is complete.

Sounds like he was in a map that had a water sound(such as anitora), and then went to PV insides but the sound didn't stop playing. There are no sounds defined for PV or any inside map as of yet.

Sounds like he was in a map that had a water sound(such as anitora), and then went to PV insides but the sound didn't stop playing. There are no sounds defined for PV or any inside map as of yet.
Yes... if there are bugs like that with sounds that don't stop then I need to know about them!

When the shadows are on, the objects that are placed partially underground have visible "shadows".

Screenshot (the player shadow is marked only to show that the shadows are on)

My system: Windows XP, ATI Radeon 9200 with 6.11 drivers (these are the latest ones, as the r300 drivers are no longer updated).

I know that it is not really related to this update, and it is also happening on the production server, but i kinda didn't noticed it earlier while playing on different computers with the shadows off most of the time.

Edited by Ulrih

When the shadows are on, the objects that are placed partially underground have visible "shadows".

This is a common problem, but that is also highlighting another problem. The "shadow" is in the wrong direction, according to your character.

The shadow at the end of the deck is oriented correctly (the same direction as the one from your character) so I expect the problem is not the shadow being shown, but the object not being trimmed, and the underground portion shown as a shadow instead.

This is a common problem, but that is also highlighting another problem. The "shadow" is in the wrong direction, according to your character.

The shadow at the end of the deck is oriented correctly (the same direction as the one from your character) so I expect the problem is not the shadow being shown, but the object not being trimmed, and the underground portion shown as a shadow instead.

AFAIK this was a moc-only problem. Very democratic that the others get it too now :)

The solution (on my Mac) was to use shadow maps and the framebuffer.