Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
neildog

Special Days

Ok, emphasis on the special DAYS

So at the moment I understand the rate is roughly 1/6. Which means on average you SHOULD have roughly 8 of each special day a year - 48 hours of each special day per year. Thats pretty long periods to go in some cases, esp as law of averages doesn't always work in our favour in EL and sometimes you go months and months without one of a certain special day.

So how about making the chance for a special day actually be during an EL Day (not a night). i.e every 6 hours at the start of each day but it only last for the duration of the day and you change the chance then to 1/3. Obviously lasting for just the duration of the 'day' is just 3 hours.

Why I hear ye ask?

So everyone likes some of the special days, the last no drop is a good example. This means you get more special days but still the same amount of in game time spent in special days - 1 in 3 every 6 hours for 3 hours is same as 1 in 6 every 6 hours for 6 hours.

Some special days are quite frankly rubbish! :) everyone has their own nemesis whether its day of labour day for the mixers or green day for the harvers. 3 hours of pain is better than 6 hours of pain!

More variety in the game, more frequent special days I think is a bonus and people knowing that "night" in El is always normal means people can plan around this - i.e. run certain events during night in EL and they know a special day won't interrupt.

Generally I think its an awesome idea (if I do say so myself) only slight negative I can think is people are gonna complain that 3 hours of some special days aren't enough - i.e. 3 hours of Sun Tzu isn't as good as 6 but by being a more common event everyone gets a taste on a regular basis and time zones mean you don't always get the bitching - Scholars is always set for US time blah blah.

Hopefully means we see on average each day appearing 16 times a year but still only 48 hours a year of each day.

Ent I'd be interested to know if this helps fit in with this comment?

Yes, I plan to do that more often.

Hopefully you get the gist. Let me know what you think. :)

Edit: of course if you wanted to increase the chance from 1/3 to something even better that would be even better :D

Edited by neildog

I really love this idea!

Well thought through, makes sence, per year same amount of hours of all the special days, you get 1/2 the time no special days at all! (night time) and more frequently and shorter special days :devlish:

I am all for this!

I don't really like this idea.

Firstly, DAY should mean a whole day, not the time between dawn and dusk. Changing it is slightly illogical in my opinion.

Additionally, I second Isenguard opinion. 3 hours long special day may be a bit too short considering people having to go afk or saving their goods to mix during 'Increased rare items' day.

Moreover, shorter days make the bad and nasty days less significant. I honestly could live without negative effects at all, but as they are in game I think they should have a proper influence.

I agree that the special days may be too rare right now, I don't think that making them more frequent in the cost of making them shorter is a good idea.

Concluding, I think that Special Days could be made less rare. It shouldn't mean they are shorter, though.

Concluding, I think that Special Days could be made less rare. It shouldn't mean they are shorter, though.

If this was possile then sure thats great. I'll be all up for that. I was just suggesting a compromise that I hope Ent would go for. If he wants to give more days at 6 hours then trust me I'd love that. :P

The only negative people have really pointed out is the one downside I already stated in the original post. Perosnally I feel the benefits outweigh the one downside.

Nice to see people's opinions and I appreciate all feedback - thought it had died a death for a few days there!

Edited by neildog

introducing : Day of Gravity

what you think this day can do ?

i leave imagination up to you

What kind of an introduction is it?

I will introduce you a Day of Antigravity

What you think this day can do? I leave imagination up to you >.< If you want to suggest something make it a valid post, not stuff like this ;/

are u afraid it could be a negative special day :)

Edited by SolarStar

are u afraid it could be a negative special day :)

I'm afraid it is as good as your suggestion post.

<edit>

It sounds like you have no idea what it day could do and are waiting for people to post anything you could say:

"OMFG!!! You're right! How did you guess?"

Edited by Kheres

Today we celebrate Newton by not floating off the planet.

Roleplay: uhm...What comes up, must come down?

S.

I like it in some ways, yeah it'd increase the frequency of days but sometimes the length would be an irritant.

Unless you have a good arsenel of different "Days" and "Nights", I'm split on the idea