Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Visual modifications you may want to think of

The first sugestion I have is to add a zoom feature to the game. I find it annoying to be at the current zoom because of the limited view but would like to be able to look that close if I need to.

The second sugestion is to add more adjustments to the grafic level of the game. For example, you could add an adjustment for the shape complexity of objects (this one is probably hard to do but it's an idea) or you could add an adjuster for the detail of textures on the objects. It may help those of us with slower computers to cope with the game.

i agree with the zoom.

not unzooming due to other problems with server and connectivity etc, but zoom is not hard to implement imho. (in map editor too :) )

STB: ad details: is not easy to implement level of detail setting. that will be need complete remodeling of ALL objects in game in at least 2 set of detail for each object (hig res and low res). but maybe better idea is texture details in game; is easy to convert all textures to lower res :) roja? :)

The only other thing I've noticed (I didn't post this earlier because I just noticed recently) is that when alot of people are talking the text can get a bit invasive. You may want to make a small hud menu or restrict the text more. It may also be a good idea to make the text someone types appear over their head so you can talk to someone near you without haveing to figure out what channel their on. This may be difficult if not imposible to impliment and will likely cause some lag time due to the increase in messages being sent to the computer and the number of objects in existence being created and destroyed but it's something to think about.

Cricket-god: You can set low-quality texture filtering by opening the config file and setting #poor_man 1 instead of 0.

I play EL on a very old computer and it runs pretty much OK (Olny WSC forrests give low FPS due to the high geometry count). What kind of monstrosity are you playing on if EL is having sooo much problems for you?