Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
niemand

invasion 28/10/2007

all i say:

I dont like ur invsaion ace..

I cant go tolilet and not even talk my gf in RL for few min...and not getting killed...

Would u be nice and tell ppl like 1 hour or possibly 30min before u start such things?

would solve all my problems

Really? How long did it take before my initial announcement that I am going to change the day for invasion, until the invasion actually started?

eep...maybe i was wrong then but i was afk like 30 min or so?? or my girl didnt shut the game as i asked her :/ ok can be my fault...but that wount change the fact i dont like those invasions :icon13:

I think the warning was given at least 30 minutes in advance. I am not sure exactly when the invasion started, because I had to go somewhere, but from what I understand, it was around 30 minutes or more.

Usually when an invasion starts I think '' oh great ? '' and go about alching and harving with #beam_me ready to press.

But for this one I decided to log into my alt and go have some fun with him ( because it was no drops day and im a cheap ass )

It was great ! Really funny to see everyone in C2 hell unable to do much about it , and even tho my laptop crashed EL 3 times i still tried logging back in only to catch a glimpse of yet more dead people lol

All the people on the guild chat we have set up had a ball also , even the people with 15/15 a/d went and took a pop at some dragons !

Brilliant time, there should be more no drops day invasions like that , wikid idea .

I think the warning was given at least 30 minutes in advance. I am not sure exactly when the invasion started, because I had to go somewhere, but from what I understand, it was around 30 minutes or more.

it was immediately after u cahnge day

[19:41:25] #Message from radu: we are going to have a no drops day for an invasion (no PMs please)

[19:42:13] Today is a special day:

No drops day

English: No items drop when players or AI die. Rostogol stones will dissapear as usually though.

[19:49:54] #Message from Acelon: Anitora is the first to be hit! It's a regular cat fight.. goblins and orcs of the female type!

Oh, ok, I know what happened. A discrepancy between the real time and the server machine time (the server time is about 30 minutes off).

Sorry for the confusion.

Guest ohmygod

To those that are bitching about this day looool. Go train or tele to a map that don t got any monsters. There was many to choose from.

To those that had fun, On ya! and see you in the next one.

I prefer the invasions when their is gc drops or the other players drop the loot they picked up. Wasting ess killing a dragon for no drop seems a little strange to me. As it was i went to the pk maps and shared my #pk points out.

The twenty or thirty 5-8 vs 1 (me) fights i had were fun. Maybe i need to make more alliances? :) NAH!! :ph34r:

You folks are doign a GREAT job with the invasions! I wish i was online for that one. The variety of both locations and monster types means that even 40/40 a/d players like myself can get involved, while still making it interesting for higher level players.

Nice work!

The invasion was awesome!

The time i was in c2 hell, i counted 59 pages worth of death messages,and i wasnt even in there the whole time before Ace beamed me out :(

P.S. A giant and a yeti somehow appeared on my kill counter, and my a/d is around 30/30... how did that happen?

P.S. A giant and a yeti somehow appeared on my kill counter, and my a/d is around 30/30... how did that happen?

Perhaps you stood one square next to combatants, but I am not sure, whether this is a bug and has been already fixed or it is for purpose of a team kill.

The invasion was awesome!

The time i was in c2 hell, i counted 59 pages worth of death messages,and i wasnt even in there the whole time before Ace beamed me out :(

If you know you didn't kill any and they show up in your counter, there seems to be a discrepancy. I know that if you are engaged in combat with someone/something and it dies at the hands of another, you get credit in your counter too. (One day for fun a few of us teamed our top fighter. Although I was fighting him, all the other guildies who died at his hands during that fight were in my kill counter too, even though I was only hitting the top fighter.)

In a single combat map though (c2 underworld), even that shouldn't happen, because only you were fighting that yeti at that moment in time. Seems to me you may have uncovered a bug. Oops, sorry, "undocumented feature."

Hey, I had a great time in this invasion. Went into Sedi to enjoy Sir Alfred Hitchcocks: The Birds (avoided the giant roosters)... Wandered round to PV for some gargoyleys. Lots of them and not hard for kailo these days, it was not multi so they attacked very civilised like (grued but I have major lag problems, nobodies fault :P )

Toddled over to whitestones storage, managing to flee from a forest chim without losing any damage :o and evading all the others (chims are abit dangerous for me :) )... Chickened out and teleoprted then came back to ws storage only to grue, but not get attacked. Was trying to get to some supplies to take to c2 underworld to help a friend, by the time I ungrued it had ended there. Then to MM from PL exit...

Went in fearing death by cyclops but managed to hold my own while being multied : o Some valiant warriors came to my aid too :D Got some use out of warlock cape when Grizzly decided to join in and I was low mana already, think it saved my life : o Gets abit jumbled now, but surrounded by all chim types : o Finally bit my first and last death of the day from both and arctic and a forest chim, i was surprised how long i lasted. : o : o :o

Went back in from naralik exit to see some dragons in MM, lovely sight. Evaded and found some skeletons that flung bones at me (thank goodness for no drop or i would have been buried ;) ) and at some point it ended. I got to IP too late for bunnies, too late or too grued...

Overall, no drops meant I could wear my nicer stuff (im not a pker so keeping supplies of rostos to lose is not my thing) and invasion meant I got to be attacked for once :P (mm perk). So all good for me, and abit of adventure :D I didn't go to c2 hell, but I heard that was enjoyable too, with the challenge to get out alive. By whatever luck or skill you can muster :P

As for criticisms, I see the point that too many undefieatable dragons defies one object of invasions (in my opinion) to allow the community joint success in defending EL. Perhaps Aluwen could come to help with some unicorns next time :D

To those that are bitching about this day looool. Go train or tele to a map that don t got any monsters. There was many to choose from.

To those that had fun, On ya! and see you in the next one.

I prefer the invasions when their is gc drops or the other players drop the loot they picked up. Wasting ess killing a dragon for no drop seems a little strange to me. As it was i went to the pk maps and shared my #pk points out.

The twenty or thirty 5-8 vs 1 (me) fights i had were fun. Maybe i need to make more alliances? :) NAH!! ;)

Who was bitching here???

I went afk for a bit and lost my rosto case of it...My point was to tell sometime before the invasion...so i can do some RL stuff w/o logging off while...i even had rosto incase of invasion...but eh...no drop day and they just take my rosto anyway :S

oK im fine 16k wount kill me but aint good also :o

I usually really enjoy the invasions, but this was my least favorite. Got stuck in hell, on an island unable to move or attempt to leave the island because there were too many people to move even 1 step. After 30 min of dying/immobility, I went AFK and came back when it was over and I could leave. Again, have immensely enjoyed all the other invasions, but not this one so much.