Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Test the storage, part 2

Please redownload the zip again if you already downloaded it yesterday, it contains fixes

There is a new pre RC client available, that contains the mines and the new storage code.

It is VERY important that you do not use the client on the main server, or else you will have problems with the storage.

So, make a copy of your EL folder, download the file from http://www.eternal-lands.com/mines.zip, unzip it in the new EL folder that you just created in such a way that the old el.exe is overwritten, edit el.ini to change the port to 2001, and then log in to the test server.

If you did not understand the instructions, please do NOT attempt to do anything, and just let those who did understand them test.

The objective of this test is to put more than 299 items in the storage, and try to access them, try to put more than that, etc.

There might be an issue with over 255 items, and if there is, please post about it. In fact, post about any problem here.

This client also contains the mines package, so that you can play with the mines on the test server and see if there are issues with them as well. But remember that the mines are not the primary objective of this test, and for the time bweing, we will focus on the storage.

when you open the storage and go to the coins section you will not see gold coins. u must add a gold coin to get the coins to show up in your storage but if you log off and log back in they will not show up unless you repeat the process.

when you open the storage and go to the coins section you will not see gold coins. u must add a gold coin to get the coins to show up in your storage but if you log off and log back in they will not show up unless you repeat the process.

Eh???

I just fixed that... unless Ent is providing an older client.

I noticed the same thing now with silver rings (possibly other items). When I add new, I see them, but when I change category and go back to the Jewelry category: no silver rings again.

Don't know if this is the same thing and known, or that it's good to report. It does make testing harder though.

Edit: it seems like the last item in a category doesn't show.

Edited by molime

Don't know if this is the same thing and known, or that it's good to report. It does make testing harder though.

Edit: it seems like the last item in a category doesn't show.

Yeah, that was the same thing and the bug has now been fixed. I'll post a new client executable shortly.

Yeah, that was the same thing and the bug has now been fixed. I'll post a new client executable shortly.

Oops... I forgot about this. Given another executable hasn't been provided I guess I'll make one now.

Will there be a mac client that we can use to test the storage?

That would be an 0ctane question as none of the other dev's have OSX machines. If you have Linux libs installed also then you could also talk to Florian about it.

is there any possibility to keep the #sto text list after the update from the storage items as in the past? i used it often to copy/paste from chatlog to calculate what is unnecessary, ingreds etc. it was useful thing when the storage contents appeared in the log

In that way it would be easier to track the bugs (if something changed in sto, only have to 'diff' the lists).

---

One bug found: when storage windows is used in storage, after typing #sto it became unaccessible. same as if typing #sto while trading

Edited by csiga

is there any possibility to keep the #sto text list after the update from the storage items as in the past? i used it often to copy/paste from chatlog to calculate what is unnecessary, ingreds etc. it was useful thing when the storage contents appeared in the log

In that way it would be easier to track the bugs (if something changed in sto, only have to 'diff' the lists).

No because all that work was client side and it was getting the entire storage list, which is bad with 300 items now. Maybe in the long run the server will gain that feature, and it can go back in.

Will there be a mac client that we can use to test the storage?

That would be an 0ctane question as none of the other dev's have OSX machines. If you have Linux libs installed also then you could also talk to Florian about it.

I have a macbook and we talked with 0ctane about the client testing but still not have proper dev environment to compile on my computer (i would work on fixing the intel graphics card bug too after its solved).

One bug found: when storage windows is used in storage, after typing #sto it became unaccessible. same as if typing #sto while trading

That's not a bug. If you already have the storage window open, there is no need to type #sto.

As for the list, it might come back in the future under some form or another, but that's not a priority right now.

Bugs (well it seems):

1) I cant harvest, there is no harvest pointer

2) There is no the door pointer, althougt the finger pointer works.

3) The number of helth in helth bar is missing (the one over the head).

I forgot to add that sto acuses 300 slots, I accessed it, but due to harvest issue could not fill it over 200 up to now.

Edited by Bandhar

Hi.

The mines work and all, but I can't harvest/go through doors without use.

And when I opened the map, this happened:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8372/elscreen001al6.png

Pic of the game, not sure why that is.

Anyway, still working on getting items for the over 200 test :P

Edit: typos and stuff

Edited by Jaxbot

Some people have reported a "3d_objects" directory, whereas my current client dir is "3dobjects"... this would explain bad objects with mines, but shouldn't affect cursors I don't think.

3) The number of helth in helth bar is missing (the one over the head).

Press Alt + N for that.

#sto <item> command was very usefull to check a single item in your storage you want to check

too bad if it won't be available in future

Now whatever I type after #sto (e.g #sto bones) opens the storage window and shows total slots used.

Anyway

Storage slots over 200 (202) and works fine

hard to get close to 300 , but trying

Hi.

That's because of your el.ini file not finding your data directory.

This needs to be set properly for windows users..currently it's not. Find your el.ini and change your data directory to the correct path of your EL .exe file.

Hi.

This needs to be set properly for windows users..currently it's not. Find your el.ini and change your data directory to the correct path of your EL .exe file.

Ok, that makes sense.

I set this in the el.ini file:

#data_dir = "c:\Program Files\Copy of Eternal Lands\"

But it didn't change anything, so I'm assuming I did something wrong :P

Thanks,

Jaxbot

Oh... didn't think of that.

However, if it can find the mines and all the 3d objects then it should be able to find the cursors and things.

Hi.

thx, it worked fine after correct el.ini.

ctrl+N does not fix the lack of the health numbers, let me explain that healtn bar and name bar are there, only health amount is missing.

I reached 213 slots used in my sto and all worked fine (the issue of hanging the access after doing a #sto was already addressed and explained).

thx, it worked fine after correct el.ini.

ctrl+N does not fix the lack of the health numbers, let me explain that healtn bar and name bar are there, only health amount is missing.

Try hitting Alt-B.