Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

What p/c build for desert chims

I have been thinking about moving from feros to desert chims and was curious if anyone had any good suggestions on p/c builds to train on desert chims, and what a/d people think they should be trained on.

100's-120 a/d, 40/60 p/c (If you want, you make your coord a higher, doesnt matter too much, they have high toughness).

I had 16 vit when i trained them, so might need more phys if you use will.

Edit: btw, i'd advise you to stay on feros though, its cheaper training, and for single spawn training you get atleast 50k more oa exp per hour than on desert chim. (unless you want to trade the exp per hour for higher p/c for PK)

Edited by St_Arcane

100's-120 a/d, 40/60 p/c (If you want, you make your coord a higher, doesnt matter too much, they have high toughness).

I had 16 vit when i trained them, so might need more phys if you use will.

Edit: btw, i'd advise you to stay on feros though, its cheaper training, and for single spawn training you get atleast 50k more oa exp per hour than on desert chim. (unless you want to trade the exp per hour for higher p/c for PK)

and feros give better drops :icon13:

I train dcw all the time - and have done for last 10 a/d lvls

I can get 250k / hr without difficulty, or ts'ing - even on a single spawn.

109a/111d/36p/56c

Don't forget the added bonus(?) of having a willing MD partner...

EDIT -swapped p/c the correct way... sry

Edited by Raz

Oh yea, good if u want to raise magic too i suppose.

I also got around ~250k an hour on single spawn when i was training them (every1 i knew/talked to got about the same), and on feros u can get 300-350k an hour, and u can hold the spawn longer.

109a/111d/36p/56c
Were you using Will or Vitality with that p/c, Raz?

Less of the were... thats my current stats.

20 will - 4 vit - but my stats are open.

I took that p/c 14 oa lvls ago (and have saved the pp) .... since before the change to their stats.

Main reason I did it was at the time Feros were hard to find... (and they are too ugly to stare at for day after day).

I am not a lvl grinder, so length of stay on spawn/exp per hour are outweighed by availability of spawn. Even now, it is only very rarely that you do not have your pick of spawns.

Edited by Raz

Just to avoid confusion, you made a bit of a typo ;). You're not 56p/36c, but the other way around: 36p/56c.
Ah... for a second i was thinking "crap, u can dodge d.chim hits well @ 111 def and 36 coord?!" and was wanting to change my whole build... but didn't really make sense based on my tests...

EDIT:

and i'm certainly no authority as i've only just started d.chim training, but i may as well add my thoughts:

High toughness is a must with d.chim imo... i am ripping through a LOT more HE's on d.chims than i did on Feros.

One thing i am quite sure of is that the minimum Might to barefist them is 50, which St_Arcane confirms above (thats getting every hit in, if u want more def exp than att then certainly having less Might would be ok), I'm currently 48 Might and using bone.

My thoughts on d.chim p/c would be this:

p/c/v 32/68/20 (high 90's att and high 100's def minimum)

- or -

p/c/w 40/60/20 (at least 100 att and low 110's def minimum)

Those are based mostly on theory and math, but i am currently testing the p/c/v build (only 28 phys atm, hence the bone) and so far it's working well.

Although, what St_Arcane said about using 40/60 p/c with Vitality does sound good, lots of toughness with that setup... the minimum armor i can use atm is steel greaves/cuisses, Ti chain and moon med, i've been using full steel as i swap to uni med when i get multi'd. I'd love to be able to use some cheaper armor and still take no/very little damage from non-crit hits... i might even buy some coord removal stones once my a/d is up a little higher and swap for phys.

I'd be interested to hear other d.chim trainers thoughts on what i've said above :)

(oh, and before anyone comments on the screenie, yes i know i should be with Aluwen on d.chims for mass multi'd def exp, not Mortos :P ...i'm 626k from att 100 then i swap ;))

Edited by Korrode

If i remember Az Falcon told me she used to do it with coord in 40's ,if i recall well, so get a nice defense on fluffy and u can also ;)

Thou my advise is to take TS and keep on fluffy until a/d 120's and get coord 120 to yeti ;)

Guest ohmygod

If any of you Dchim trainers have any GHPs for sale (cheap) pm me in game or via gossip ;)

If any of you Dchim trainers have any GHPs for sale (cheap) pm me in game or via gossip :P

yes, sell to his alt coz he can't pwn me w/o them :)

OMG : 4-0 for me wohoo! ;)

edit : until you got 170hp w/ col, you won't be able to kill me ;)

Edited by Peach

If i remember Az Falcon told me she used to do it with coord in 40's ,if i recall well, so get a nice defense on fluffy and u can also :)

Azrakan began them from around 113a/d but:

She had very low p/c( iirc p38c52), and it was crazy hard for her to not die, it was in old times so only iron pl8 set max and no nmt, she broke things very very fast, she also died a lot and restored often, she had 20 will iirc.

Anyways, i watched her "training" and it was more like fight for surviving than a training, something very similar to what most ppl have on yetis barehanded nowadays :P

Thou my advise is to take TS and keep on fluffy until a/d 120's and get coord 120 to yeti ;)

Yup, imho no reason for a player to leave fluff until 120 attack, then u can always find some1 to pvp and u both got nice/cheap/easy exp.

Than big def and oa lvl and boost ur coord so u can block yetis sometimes ;)

mp

Yup, imho no reason for a player to leave fluff until 120 attack, then u can always find some1 to pvp and u both got nice/cheap/easy exp.
Ya i agree also, if your plan is to get to Yeti level stay on fluffy/feros, dont ever do d.chim.

I dont know that i'll ever be bothered training to yeti level, as such i want to be stronger in PK now. It's the only reason i'm training them... as i saw on no drops day, even if a person has 5-10 a/d levels on me, but only fluff trainer p/c, they have little hope against me in PK.