Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mortek

Harvesting speed

I was thinking lately how many levels u have to advance from the item recommended to get max harvest speed? My dude advanced to level 89 and he said that it feels like some low level item harvests faster (iron ore ore something like that). Do you feel the same? :bangwall:

I would hazard a guess that some items eg ores are locked at a minimum delay of 1 harvest every 2 seconds, and flowers have a minimum delay of 1 second per harvest as a way of preventing a massive influx of items from high level harvesters harvesting blue lupines (as I am doing while I type this!)

My harv is 85 (90 with the potion, and my silver ore harvest rate has been at two seconds for a good many levels).

I have a medium harv lvl (66 atm iirc), but I harvest silver ore at the same 1 harvest/ 2 seconds (+- 2%).

So, most probably, all people harvest at the same speed, for example 0.5 harv/ sec for silver. At low levels you harvest slower because you fail to harvest often.

What level do you stop failing at FE? Never. I have a feeling it's the same with harvests. You fail less as you level, so you are more prone to hit the minimum time between harvests... but what level do you have to be perfect all the time? Uh... 237?

Well, good point Ghrae, but you should stop feeling those fails. People with decent alchemy level fail less than 1% on essences and bars, so if it's the same with harvest, you won't feel it. And indeed, I measured how many silver ores I harvest in 60 secs, it's almost always 60 ores (30 harvests), so you shouldn't feel any difference between harv lvl 60 and 100 for silver IMHO

I have harvest level 101 and have an alt with harvest level 62, they harvest silver ore at same speed, I tested it.

The question is - from what level did they harvest at that speed ?

I have only tested silver ore.

True, but thought it best to point out that there isn't a perfect level. And finding the formula for when you reach a significantly high rate (i.e. 95% success) may be difficult to calculate.

A long time ago i was told that you harvest faster for twenty something levels after the recomended level then the increase stops, I never tested it and cant remember who told me.

i think the harvesting speed depends on how many harvesting events you experience during that haul or how often you fail..i think they all vary around the same unless you are below the recommended

i think the harvesting speed depends on how many harvesting events you experience during that haul or how often you fail..i think they all vary around the same unless you are below the recommended

So not true. Try harvesting some more stuff. Compare fruits/veggies with a basic flowers, then compare it with new flowers. Sure, random events influence harvesting rate, yet, it is only one of factors.

The set rate for flowers maxed out is faster than for ores maxed out. Cotton seems to be the exception to this rule. Some flowers like Valerian seem to take longer for harvest times to go down. I am only 79 harvest but I know that I harvested vegetables a LOT faster at 20 levels over recommended then I harvest valerian now. Valerian is only a level 26 harvestable. There is not set harvesting formula as far as I can tell unless it is a most flowers are this and most ores/minerals are this thing with several exceptions to the rule.

Tirun

The no-fail harvest rates are different for different items. You get the low end flowers once per second. Sulfur, quartz, fruits, coal, iron ore, etc are once every 2 seconds. I measured 3 seconds for a bunch of plants including mugwort, valerian, dandelion, toadstool, and tulips - also emerald, sapphire, and gold ore. I got 4 seconds for ruby, titanium ore, diamond, and the higher level plants. I measured hydro ore and tin ore at 5 seconds. I got 6 seconds for some of the higher minerals and ores. I measured Cinnabar at 7 seconds and dung at 9 seconds but those numbers may include some fails I guess.