Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Testing the extra storage space

We need some people on the test server. The requirement is to have close to 200 items in storage.

What we need to test is:

1. Can we put over 200 items in storage?

2. Can we put more than 300?

3. Can we trade to/from storage when more than 200 items?

4. Any issues?

5. From now on, the #storage command doesn't work as it used to, instead, it will use the storage interface.

Please post any findings (positive or negative) here.

I was able to put 205 items in storage properly, havent quite got up to 300 yet :D

I was able to trade while having over 200 items in storage, whether the trade moved me below 200 items or kept me above.

Using #sto at storage made me unable to use storage, even whether I was close enough to the npc, or whether I had already started a storage session. I needed to renegotiate with the npc to have storage accessible.

#sto command opening up the storage window is very very very nice.

S.

Yes, the storage NPC must be used to put/take item to/from the storage.

I am glad people like the new #storage command, I was afraid players will bitch about the change :D

Well i put in over 200 items, and while trying to mix up some stuff to get closer to 300 i discovered there were a few flowers i seemed unable to remove from storage. I fooled around with it a bit, and i believe all the items over 200 i put in I can't remove. This dosn't include more of an item that was already in storage before hand, it seems to be just the items that take up slot numbers over 200

Edited by Enly

Well i put in over 200 items, and while trying to mix up some stuff to get closer to 300 i discovered there were a few flowers i seemed unable to remove from storage. I fooled around with it a bit, and i believe all the items over 200 i put in I can't remove. This dosn't include more of an item that was already in storage before hand, it seems to be just the items that take up slot numbers over 200

Noticed the same thing, all the items that I recieved in trade over 200, I am unable to withdraw to inventory. I am able to trade these items to someone else though.

Edit:

And about the new #sto usage, \o/ that's exactly the way I always wished it would work :)

only my Quest category is empty :( what can I store there :D

Edited by SinS

Ok, thanks.

What exactly happened when you tried to retrieve it? Got any error message?

Nvm, I found and fixed the bug, will restart the test server sometime tomorrow.

Yes, the storage NPC must be used to put/take item to/from the storage.

I am glad people like the new #storage command, I was afraid players will bitch about the change :P

Great idea indeed!

Just one question: could the #sto command replace the "Open Storage" option form NPC?

Like as we are in the range of storage, we don't need to talk to the NPC, just hit #sto (or if it is open - reopen by #sto). Of course we would be only able to deposit/whitdraw items if we are close enough to the NPC, but we just won't need to talk to him. This could be kinda useful when there's a lot of people around NPC and it's hard to find him -- and, of course a lot faster way to open the storage. I know, the NPC must be used, but maybe not for opening the storage but just like a pointer (marker) of storage.

The storage window name could also change the font color to i.e. green, when we are in the range of storage NPC, or if it was opened via NPC (so then we would know if we can deposit/withdraw items).

Edited by BloodSucker

Will there be some way to get storage list in chat log?

No, the dump out to the chat log has been completely removed.

You need to click on the storage NPC, since this tells the server which storager you are going to use (some storagers can be different).

So the #storage command can't act as a substitute for talking to the NPC.

While we are fixing storage, when you click on any storage NPC and then click on "Open Storage", can we have it such that the NPC dialog box auto-closes at that point?

While we are fixing storage, when you click on any storage NPC and then click on "Open Storage", can we have it such that the NPC dialog box auto-closes at that point?

Yeah :P that would be great.

Although

[
:)
.] it sounds really great to have a storage window on
#sto
so you can check your belongings per category instead of having to wade through lots of text,

[
:)
.] it would be much harder to figure out how many Imbroglio rings you have if you can't just type
#sto imbroglio
and get
3 Ring of Imbroglio Islands
returned.

With 25-30 different rings between all the other items in the Magic category (and the same goes for other large categories like Flowers, Weapons, Armor, Books), it'd be a pain to check on one particular item.

[:evilgrin:.] Some #sto [keyword] command (as I understand that would need a server-side filtering) would definately not be an unnecessary luxury!

[:).] (Or maybe some find/filter option in the storage window, kinda like the map marks ctrl+f filter?)

___

[:).] A ctrl+click (or thelike) on the storage guy/gal to open the storage directly (bypassing the NPC dialog box completely) would be very nice too!

Will there be some way to get storage list in chat log?

No, the dump out to the chat log has been completely removed.

That's too bad. I've used this to sort lists of items I want to sell. Now people that do 'storage sales' will have to type it all out manually. That will be a big pain for those doing near total storage clearout sales.

That's what I wanted to say too, GUI looks nice but it's inconvenient. Ability to list everything or to filter certain things is very useful.

[:).] A ctrl+click (or thelike) on the storage guy/gal to open the storage directly (bypassing the NPC dialog box completely) would be very nice too!

Maybe using trade command at the storage NPC could open storage right away? Edited by ville-v

Maybe using trade command at the storage NPC could open storage right away?
We get a lot of accidental trade requests in a crowded storage now. Imagine how many there will be if everyone is using the trade icon on purpose? :)

But I agree, an easier way to open the storage window would sure be nice.

Ok, it turned out that some additional modifications have to be done in the server and client to support more than 255 storage items, which means that for the time being, the CVS client will not be compatible with the main server, and the test server will not be compatible with the stock client.

I'll start another thread once we have a compatible client.