Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

#storage command

Coming this update, the #storage command will no longer send a list of items. Instead, it will send the storage interface, the same way as when you open the storage at the NPC.

So if you use this command in your bot, please revise your code.

What if we use #sto keyword?

Will "#sto red" return red roses and red snapdragons still or would it be an error?

What if we use #sto keyword?

Will "#sto red" return red roses and red snapdragons still or would it be an error?

#sto is just a legal abbreviation for #storage. That is affected by this change also. After the server gets update, it will oprn the storage window just the same as Entropy described.

Please excuse me for not knowing this yet, but from a Bot's perspective, if you open up the storage interface, what commands are sent to the bot?

Do you need to send the GET_STORAGE_CATEGORY command to get a reply containing the items in that category? If so, is it IMAGE_ID or something that directly identifies the item? If you have to send LOOK_AT_STORAGE_ITEM # for each item in the storage to see if it matches te keyword that is being looked for, the server will get flooded by LOOK_AT_STORAGE_ITEM # requests whenever a keyword is searched for by a bot.

I like the idea of having #sto/#storage (no keywords) bring up the interface, but could we please keep the #sto keyword and #storage keyword option available? It would greatly reduce the requests on the server if I understand things correctly.

Please excuse me for not knowing this yet, but from a Bot's perspective, if you open up the storage interface, what commands are sent to the bot?

Do you need to send the GET_STORAGE_CATEGORY command to get a reply containing the items in that category? If so, is it IMAGE_ID or something that directly identifies the item? If you have to send LOOK_AT_STORAGE_ITEM # for each item in the storage to see if it matches te keyword that is being looked for, the server will get flooded by LOOK_AT_STORAGE_ITEM # requests whenever a keyword is searched for by a bot.

I like the idea of having #sto/#storage (no keywords) bring up the interface, but could we please keep the #sto keyword and #storage keyword option available? It would greatly reduce the requests on the server if I understand things correctly.

The problem is that #storage keyword, the keyword is procesing is all handled client side, so it gets the entire inventory informatino, sometimes 4k-8k worth of data even before the increase to 300 items in storage.

Maybe later the #storage keyword can get implemented in the server, until then you're going to be stuck with the storage interface and looking at things. Thats why Entropy posted here to warn bot owner that might be using #sto

Ouch. I find it very troublesome how we don't get the item ID's, but instead get the image_id's in the first place.

This will hurt my bot code considerably.

Are actual item_id's actually possible as a server reply? If they were, it would simplify the interactions for storage, trade and inventory tasks.

Ouch. I find it very troublesome how we don't get the item ID's, but instead get the image_id's in the first place.

This will hurt my bot code considerably.

Are actual item_id's actually possible as a server reply? If they were, it would simplify the interactions for storage, trade and inventory tasks.

I can see your point, but the game was not developed to be easy for bots, the protocols seem to be lean and fast, and sending item id's would mean you ALSO need to send image ID"s as well, unless you kept an updated lookup table on the client. That would change other protocols, and just add to thier bandwidth cost and bulkiness. I've had multiple issues with syncing LOOK_AT_ITEM calls, especially after a trade, sometimes my bot thinks he has as many tit shields as he has gold coins. I'm re-writing my whole bot framework to deal with some of these issues more intelligently and add some new capabilities, but expecting the game to adapt so that it's easier to code against is not realistic, especially when it drains other things like bandwidth resources.