Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Link error trying to compile storebot

Hi,

I'm trying to compile storebot on devcpp (windows vista) and I'm getting the following link error:

[info]

variable '_iob' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

variable '_iob' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_nm___iob'

C:\elbot\storebot\storebot\Makefile.win [build Error] [storeBot.exe] Error 1

I'm so close, any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,

Josi (Dogbreath)

Hi again,

I haven't had any luck finding a solution for this error. Also, I've tried all the links for the other bots listed in the forums, without much sucess either... =\

Can someone please link me to some code I could easily use? (I've programmed for many years, just need something to get me started...)

I have windows vista, willing to use any compiler/interpreter as long as I can get it running :evilgrin: It doesn't even have to be complete, I should be able to customize it to our guild's needs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josi (Dogbreath)

What are you looking for? A guard bot, sales bot, information bot? There are several posts with pointers to free source (in various languages), but knowing what you want will make it easier to point you in a direction.

Thanks for the reply...

We're (FEW) looking for a guild sales bot. I have looked at all the links I could find in the posts, especially the post that details "how do I make a bot?"

As far as I know, redknight is a c# bot, written by the same person that wrote storebot, so, I assume I'm going to have the same link error as I'm having with storebot (but I guess I could try it as well.)

The ELBot link is broken. The php bot had its project closed and I can't find the source on the page. I tried the java bot links and found no way to download the source.

I also tried the link for C# EL-bot source released and was never able to gain access to the svn, and couldn't reach the person to get an account for it.

If I can get ANY bot to work at this point, I'd work from there. I can snip code from the sources I do have, in implement the stuff we need, I just need something that I can log into test with and beging modifying.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Josi (Dogbreath)

I used RedKnight2 as the based for our guardbots, and it's straight C code. But it has little or no support for tradebot type functions so it would not be the best starting point.

The big thing with tradebot sources is that you want something that's reasonably up-to-date and being maintained. There have been a lot of fixes and scam-protections added over time, and you want a source that has as much of that stuff in-place as possible.

Of the free public sources available, I think Arteum's C# salesbot code is probably the best place to start. It's pretty hard to configure and get working (you need a C# compiler, mySQL server, php support), but it's got some of the best functionality out there.

I can't help you with getting access to the sources, but I'd suggest you follow up on that path. Perhaps one of the developers working on it will post and give you some help. Unless you want to pay for sources or hosting, I think that's your best bet.