Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Peach

help

hey, i installed new version of ubuntu last night ( 7.10 iirc ) and today, i try to launch EL and here are some screens :

bugdg5.png

capturenh6.png

thx for helping :)

Well on 7.04 All you need to do is System -> Administration -> Restricted Drivers -> put checkmark in box

worked for me anyways, easiest linux video drivers ever :)

Not sure if the same would work for 7.10 the not brave enough to try that one yet.

Anyways your looking for video drivers it looks like to me, if all else fails check the stickey at the top of this thread/forum

Yep, you need to configure better video drivers.

If you have an Nvidia card your only option is the restricted binaries. If you have an ATI card you can use the restricted binaries or you need to fix the configuration of the default drivers.

Yep, had this when using the default nv drivers in xorg.conf, when I got the nvidia propietry drivers, this problem was fixed

Oh and nice search string in your google search bar :D

S.

If you're using an NVidia GPU, and it is supported by the latest drivers, run this in a shell

sudo m-a auto-install nvidia

Change 'nv' in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and restart X (CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE or /etc/init.d/gdm restart)

Bob's your uncle :P

well i got ATI card and my step father installed new drivers but still don't work ;)

and at my google search bar : "satan 666" is a manga, made by the brother of the guy who made : "naruto" ;D

very weird indeed, but i managed to fix it, i just sized the window to 1024x748... weird isn't it?

edit : when i exit EL and log back, i need to repeat this process, but no big deal ;)

Edited by Peach

very weird indeed, but i managed to fix it, i just sized the window to 1024x748... weird isn't it?

edit : when i exit EL and log back, i need to repeat this process, but no big deal :)

You should be able to edit the window size in $HOME/.elc/el.ini. Also check that you have the correct permissions on all the EL files.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this