Stricken

trade bug

now before every 1 jumps to conclusions here is what it says

56/200 slots used.... so there is plenty of space in storage

Now here are soem screenies....

before.jpg

after-1.jpg

19:39:18] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: try just flowers]

[19:39:42] Trade session failed. PyscHO can't carry all the items.

[19:39:45] PyscHO: omfg

[19:39:46] PyscHO: hold on

[19:39:47] PyscHO: i'm asking a mod

[19:39:53] Jayim_Duinara: Ok

[19:40:01] [PM from WOLFERIEn: huh a mod what did i do!?!?]

[19:40:21] [PM to WOLFERIEn: nothing, my trade is bugging up BAD]

[19:40:22] Jayim_Duinara was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:40:27] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: continue trying]

[19:40:30] [PM from WOLFERIEn: oh ok]

[19:40:32] [PM to Aislinn: hey]

[19:40:38] [PM to Aislinn: remember the problem with trading?]

[19:40:39] [PM from WOLFERIEn: try with me for a sec]

[19:40:42] [PM to Aislinn: it's heppenign again]

[19:40:45] Trade session failed. PyscHO can't carry all the items.

[19:40:47] [PM from The_Piper: err. what did you try "in the book"?]

[19:40:52] [PM from WOLFERIEn: are u trading with someone right now]

[19:41:05] [PM to The_Piper: well before, i have enough slots in storage ALL THE "s" are beside the items in trade]

[19:41:15] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: Lets try just one of something.]

[19:41:18] [PM to The_Piper: aislinn told me to try re-logging/trading others etc]

[19:41:22] Jayim_Duinara wants to trade with you. Use the trade icon then click on him/her in order to accept the trade.

[19:41:24] [PM to The_Piper: and it keeps failing]

[19:41:25] WOLFERIEn was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:41:30] [PM from WOLFERIEn: it works]

[19:41:36] [PM to WOLFERIEn: no try trading 200 he]

[19:41:42] [PM to WOLFERIEn: it keeps sayign "not enough room"]

[19:41:55] [PM from WOLFERIEn: thats all i got]

[19:42:01] [PM to WOLFERIEn: that'll do try trad]

[19:42:04] [PM from WOLFERIEn: im out lol]

[19:42:09] You have been saved!

[19:42:12] PyscHO: wtf

[19:42:13] WOLFERIEn was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:42:13] [PM from The_Piper: you can remove the "S" by right clicking on the items. does that help?]

[19:42:15] PyscHO: here

[19:42:25] [PM to The_Piper: i've done that a few times as well but to no prevail]

[19:42:41] [PM to The_Piper: this has been happening for a fwe weeks now and not just on this account....it's quite annoying]

[19:43:02] [PM from The_Piper: which client are you using? the official one or a self compiled CVS client?]

[19:43:09] [PM from WOLFERIEn: maybe jayim gota a bug ]

[19:43:15] Trade session failed. PyscHO can't carry all the items.

[19:43:25] [PM to The_Piper: normal usa version]

[19:43:44] [PM to The_Piper: whats weird is it just worked with some 1 else, i tried another trade and it worked]

[19:43:52] [PM from The_Piper: so the one you can download from the EL website, right? which operating system are you running?]

[19:44:03] [PM to The_Piper: XP]

[19:44:06] Jayim_Duinara was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:44:14] [PM from The_Piper: hmm.. xp should be fine for playing EL...]

[19:44:27] [PM to The_Piper: I know, this happens to me and me alone

[19:44:39] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: hmmm]

[19:44:41] Jayim_Duinara was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:44:49] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: that 1gc went to inv]

[19:44:51] [PM from The_Piper: post it in "Bug reports", and add, of course, that you use XP and the official client. that sounds really strange for me.]

[19:45:06] [PM to The_Piper: yes, everything i try tradng go's straight to inv]

[19:45:17] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: It shouldn't have. I took it from storage.

[19:45:18] Trade session failed. PyscHO can't carry all the items.

[19:45:40] [PM to The_Piper: alright]

[19:45:47] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: exactly]

[19:46:01] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: i'm posting this in forums]

[19:46:09] Jayim_Duinara was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:46:24] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: What do you want me to try?]

[19:46:28] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: ok do something for me i want you to put 100 sulf in trade window]

[19:46:39] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: i need a "before" "after" screenie

You have 56 out of 200 slots used.

[19:49:33] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: ok try trading]

[19:49:52] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: accept]

[19:49:53] You have been saved!

[19:50:07] [PM to The_Piper: weird how when i'm trying to dupilcate it it works >.>]

[19:50:12] PyscHO: wtf

[19:50:14] Jayim_Duinara was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[19:50:17] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: It worked?!]

[19:50:19] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: try another 100]

[19:50:21] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: yes]

[19:50:29] [PM from The_Piper: you mean, you try to reproduce the bug?]

[19:50:34] [PM to The_Piper: yes]

[19:50:38] [PM to The_Piper: i did it COUNTLESS times]

[19:50:45] [PM to The_Piper: and when i'm doing screenies for bug report]

[19:50:49] [PM to The_Piper: everythig worked]

[19:50:52] Trade session failed. PyscHO can't carry all the items.

[19:50:58] [PM to The_Piper: there we go]

[19:51:20] [PM from Jayim_Duinara: Did the sulfur go to your inv last time?]

[19:51:29] [PM from The_Piper: well.. that sounds really too strange for me. next time you can reproduce it, take a screenie and post in forums;)]

[19:51:52] Sulath has logged off.

[19:51:58] [PM to The_Piper: i just reproduced]

[19:52:03] [PM to Jayim_Duinara: nope it went to sto]

Ok now notice i'm running Windows XP, and using the USA mirror, this bug has been happening for quite soem time

Just weird

Edited by Stricken

Could the problem be that the trade is coming from sto and not personal inventory? As I understand it, storage trades go into storage so it won't matter how much free space you have if your storage is full.

I didn't see a little S in the trade window next to the sulfur

Does that not mean the trade will end up in your personal inventory and not storage? (and from that screenie you wont have the 200 emu needed to take the sulfur in your inv)

S.

Edit: clicking on the sulfur in the trade window should toggle the S being present (trade items going into storage) and not being there (going to your inventory)

Edited by Spleenfeeder

Ya what Spleen said, and also, if you open your storage window, move out of range of the NPC, try to access your storage (and get the too far away message), you then have to re-open storage once you get within range of the NPC, even though the storage window is still open and your within range.

Edited by Korrode

also, if you open your storage window, move out of range of the NPC, try to access your storage (and get the too far away message), you then have to re-open storage once you get within range of the NPC, even though the storage window is still open and your within range.
Since when?

I used to harvest roses in VotD leaving the storage window open and walking between storage and the roses.

also, if you open your storage window, move out of range of the NPC, try to access your storage (and get the too far away message), you then have to re-open storage once you get within range of the NPC, even though the storage window is still open and your within range.
Since when?

I used to harvest roses in VotD leaving the storage window open and walking between storage and the roses.

Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes it happens, you have storage window open, you move away, come back and it always give you the "you are too far away". Fixed when you talk to the NPC again. But, like I said, not always.

S.

It used to be just an S in the corner... But when LabRat's patch for the quantity staggering went in, I changed it to 'sto' instead, since it's a little more intuitive.

As for the bug... I've seen it often, but always when the trade happens quickly. If each step (you click, they click, repeat) has a second or two between, it doesn't seem to be a problem. If one accepts, then the other goes from red to green, it'll happen often. So I know it doesn't fix the problem, but slow down, and it should be a lot less common.

:D I also have had this problem with trading to storage for many months. When I first started playing EL in dec 2006, I had no problems with trading at all. Then after a few months and a few updates it started to happen. It has nothing to do with not enough room in storage or not having the "STO" enabled. I can trade to storage after many failed attempts and aggravation it will finally go in. I am running EL off of USA website and am using windows xp service pack2. Also when I try to click slower, faster, etc......doesn't make a difference, It goes in on pure luck. This is the most aggravating aspect of the game and thank goodness other players are patience when trading with me. Sometimes I even have had ppl drop the stuff in a bag because it is not fair to them to have to sit there and wait for when storage wants to accept items. If anyone at all has any new insight and solutions on this issue, please let me know.

THXZZZZZZ

CassIoPIA :medieval:

Since when?

To reproduce this, try getting something out of storage in PV for example, go to /shrimptaco and sell to her, then when you go back to storage to fill up to sell more, even if you are right next to the NPC it says to far away if you left the storage window open, you need to re-click on the NPC and then click open storage again, I would guess it is the same when trading with anyone.

Since when?

Carefully re-read my post :D u can leave the storage window open, np, but if you try to access storage when your too far away, and then move back within range of the NPC, you have to re-open storage.

hmm, found a way to reproduce this while trading at storage between chars (on pk server).

Player A gives stuff to player B (more than B can carry), player B is giving nothing to player A

If player A is the last one to accept the trade, it won't work no matter what.. but it works fine when player B is the last one to accept :ph34r:

I had this same problem often... i had took a whole lot of pictures from this bug... maybe it can be helpfull

trade started....

trade_bug_votd_01.png

as you can se written in red the session hes failed.

trade_bug_votd_02.png

i had enought slots in the storage free... and i sure was close enought to molgor.... the storage window opened alone after hecklar accepts tre trade

i have some pictures session from NC storage too if you think its necessary

Can someone reproduce the bug using the information 2coolfool posted?

Actually it never says "Can't carry. Session failed." if you do what 2cool says, that's what i do to get higher EMU trades.

-Kaddy

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Lets give an example,

Player A and Player B trades, Player B will give stuff that Player A can't carry all. Player A clicks trade (makes it yellow) and waits till Player A clicks it twice (makes it green) and then trades.

What i mean is, if you will get something more than carry with trade, just be the one accepting the trade at last, i think thats what 2c meant, too.

I have had this happen as well actually, everything should be going to storage but goes into your inv instead. It normally happens when you do a lot of trades in quick succession without closing the storage window.

Another bug to do with trading which may well be related happens when you leave the storage window open and walk out of range of storage then trade with a person or bot. If you then return to storage you have to close and re-open the storage window otherwise it says "You cannot access the storage from here" even if you are right next to the NPC.

Another bug to do with trading which may well be related happens when you leave the storage window open and walk out of range of storage then trade with a person or bot. If you then return to storage you have to close and re-open the storage window otherwise it says "You cannot access the storage from here" even if you are right next to the NPC.

This isn't a bug. When you change actions by trading with another character, the "session" with the storage you were using is closed and needs to be reopened. I guess it would be possible to code the client to close the storage window if you do initiate a trade, but I don't really see the need.

/edit: Oh yeah... and I remembered a _massive_ problem in that. If you did close the storage window when initiating a trade then it would disable all storage trading. Not good!

Edited by Torg

Of course it is a bug, standing next to the storage NPC, storage window open and still it says you are 'too far away / cant access from here'.

This 'too far away' or other error message also shows up (under certain conditions, mentioned in another thread) when using the 'store all' feature that is in cvs now.

Quite annoying too :) But I guess its gonna be fixed soon now this thread brought it under attention.

Of course it is a bug, standing next to the storage NPC, storage window open and still it says you are 'too far away / cant access from here'.

This 'too far away' or other error message also shows up (under certain conditions, mentioned in another thread) when using the 'store all' feature that is in cvs now.

Ok, let me rephrase this. The bug is not how storage is handled, the bug is the text error description is incorrect. Once storage is "closed" (some other trading action is done) then you need to reopen storage to use it again. This is normal. This is how it is meant to be.

I guess the error should say "Your storage has gone inactive. Please use the NPC to reopen your storage".

Quite annoying too :) But I guess its gonna be fixed soon now this thread brought it under attention.

Highly unlikely as it isn't a bug and Ent isn't big on changing the descriptions for errors. It would be possible to check for the error (and its conditions) in the client and output a different error message, but that would be far too complex to be worth it.

I guess it could be possible to help the client to avoid this error by automatically closing the storage window when a trade is initiated, but there is no way for the client to know if you are within range of storage (and trying to do a storage trade) or not, and hence all storage trades would be blocked (you can't open storage while trading). Maybe it would be best to leave it as is. ;-)