Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Eternal war

PK maps in this game are sucky.

REASON 1) Flufs and chims take you out (Even though i finaly killed one the other day YAY!)

REASON 2) People that are way higher than you can kill ya in like 5- hits

REASON 3) Even in you can beat the snot out of some nub they will probaly bring sumning stones (Point being sumning stones shouldnt work or less multi combat)

Reason 4) In pk maps you realy dont know who is friend exept for you guildies allies and your true true friends that you have known sense you were nubs together (Ahh)

THATS! The reason we need teams.

OK the pk server will be interesting...but i prob wont like it. I realy dont wana make a stupid new char JUST so i can pk. I would wrather pot pot pot/alc/alch and kill cyclops with friends than do that.

PEINO you probaly have the best idea out there as far as pking teams go.

there i said wat i wanted to say xD

As well-known peacefull crafter i dont like that suggestion, imho pking should be something that ppl want to do from their own will- big fun+ some profit or at least not a big loss, forcing some1 to pking is wrong.

mp

REASON 1) Flufs and chims take you out (Even though i finaly killed one the other day YAY!)

And thats not gonna happen with your 'system'?

REASON 3) Even in you can beat the snot out of some nub they will probaly bring sumning stones (Point being sumning stones shouldnt work or less multi combat)

hence my earlier remarks..oh the fun of beating up someone less strong then you..the Joys of 'being a Uber Pk'er.."Its realy sad, it is..

Reason 4) In pk maps you realy dont know who is friend exept for you guildies allies and your true true friends that you have known sense you were nubs together (Ahh)

In any war its hard to tell the diff between a friend and foe..comes with the job i guess ^^

And thats the reason we have PK maps..to make the choice of taking the risks!

OK the pk server will be interesting...but i prob wont like it. I realy dont wana make a stupid new char JUST so i can pk. I would wrather pot pot pot/alc/alch and kill cyclops with friends than do that.

Edited by Jezebelle

Its a bad idea to force people to pk. But on the other hand afk harvesters must die sometimes from random invasions. We are not playing "other life", the game is called eternal lands.

You poor fellow. However do you manage? :P

So your problem basically is that PK maps are no good for PK because they're dangerous.

- They have monsters - yipes! And you can't use MM cape or perk or - gasp - train for the monsters -- why?

- They have strong PKers - double yipes! And taking your lumps as you work up through the ranks -- or even forming teams and using strategy against stronger players -- those are not options for what reason?

- And if other players use strategy against you (stones, etc), well, hell, that's no fun at all. Better for you to be able to beat up people who can't live long enough to raise a sword, let alone summon a bear. One hit and take the other guy's stuff without having to think about it all -- that's a much more fun game. /sarcasm/

- Oh, and of course, PKers being PKers takes all the fun out of PK. I always thought switching sides, betraying allies, playing off enemies against each other -- you know war strategies -- were part of the game. Guess I just don't understand PK because it turns out that stuff just ruins it. /more sarcasm/

I have nothing against you, Exeus. I like EL because it serves all kinds and styles of players. There's room for everyone, I say. But I have to say this -- your attitude (which is pretty common among PK players) is the reason I don't PK/PvP. I just can't handle this nonsense.

EDIT: I'm glad you liked my team PK ideas. If you really like them, feel free to suggest them to Radu. I give them to you - to anyone who likes them. In fact, you can even feel free to start playing with them right now, without Radu making any changes to the game. Have fun! :icon13:

Its a bad idea to force people to pk. But on the other hand afk harvesters must die sometimes from random invasions. We are not playing "other life", the game is called eternal lands.

AFK harvesters run plenty of risks. I seldom harvest AFK because of those risks. And any fool who AFK harvests in a PK area deserves to die. But what does that have to do with Exeus's suggestion? Why should anyone who doesn't want to fight be forced to?

You're right. EL isn't Other Life. It's not lots of other games, too. One thing it doesn't do, that some other games do, is have open PK happening in every map. This way, in the Eternal Lands, people can live lives of peace if they so choose.

Edited by peino

Afk harvesters run a lot of risks?? It seems that the game and the players changed a lot...

All must find out how the underworld looks and i am not talking about pk here. Afk harvesting isn't gameplay.

I ll play on the pk server and i ll support it although i am not sure that the new server will be the solution.

5$ isn't a big amount of money and the game deserves our support. But when i see opinions like that i am wondering why should i pay to play and a guy with my money will play for free in the main server.

Worst of all is that some people that never paid anything think that the end of the world will come if they 'll lose a rosto. And usually those players hate pkers and pk.

Lets all relax, its only a game.

Afk harvesters run a lot of risks?? It seems that the game and the players changed a lot...

All must find out how the underworld looks and i am not talking about pk here. Afk harvesting isn't gameplay.

I ll play on the pk server and i ll support it although i am not sure that the new server will be the solution.

5$ isn't a big amount of money and the game deserves our support. But when i see opinions like that i am wondering why should i pay to play and a guy with my money will play for free in the main server.

Worst of all is that some people that never paid anything think that the end of the world will come if they 'll lose a rosto. And usually those players hate pkers and pk.

Um...I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

AFK harvesters run risks if they go AFK in dangerous places. What's your argument about that statement?

And so what if it isn't "gameplay"? I happen to agree with you, but again, so what? You're the one who mentioned AFK harvesters needing to experience death, and I pointed out that they can and often do. Are you suggesting that there is only one "proper" way to die in this game and that is to let other people kill us? If that it what you mean to say, then I totally disagree. EL has no such total-war structure, which is proven by the fact that it has separate PK and non-PK maps.

Your last part about paying for the PK server, I don't understand at all. You seem to be saying you're okay with paying for the PK server but not okay with other people not paying for the main server. But that's Radu's choice, not yours or ours, so I don't see why you should care about it. Anyone who can't or doesn't want to pay for the PK server, can play for free here -- and even PK for free too.

Yeah, it is just a game -- a game in which not everyone has to fight, or run risks they don't enjoy, or play the same way you do, or the same way I do. So yeah, let's relax and let it be, not keep trying to force it to be something else.

Very good points throughout the thread Peino. I dont get what Agis is on about either, but does anyone ever? :P

Sir_Exeus, i tend to agree that you just want someone in PK that you can kill and dont want to be easily killed, in fact, you said this yourself.

What you need to do is become a DP arena fighter. Take ~16 will or vit, a maximum of 32 phys and put every other pick point on coord, and take anti/ph/sd/godless/icd and train until 50's a/d.

Then you can TS to 40 a/d and kill people in DP arena... you really should do this, be grateful you have that arena, put it to good use, cause no one uses naralik and there are no other level limited arenas (hopefully there will be more)... once you get to 60 a/d and you cant attack in DP anymore, you get thrown in with the 130's+ a/d, 100+ coord yeti/m.chim trainers. Then you really will get stomped in a few hits when you go in PK... just like the rest of us non-yeti/m.chim trainers.

So go train a/d and build coord :) You'll have great fun in DP arena. Enjoy it while the fun lasts, cause then it's all over for more than a year while you train to yeti/m.chim level, if you can be bothered to, which most people cant.

Um...I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

AFK harvesters run risks if they go AFK in dangerous places. What's your argument about that statement?

And so what if it isn't "gameplay"? I happen to agree with you, but again, so what? You're the one who mentioned AFK harvesters needing to experience death, and I pointed out that they can and often do. Are you suggesting that there is only one "proper" way to die in this game and that is to let other people kill us? If that it what you mean to say, then I totally disagree. EL has no such total-war structure, which is proven by the fact that it has separate PK and non-PK maps.

Your last part about paying for the PK server, I don't understand at all. You seem to be saying you're okay with paying for the PK server but not okay with other people not paying for the main server. But that's Radu's choice, not yours or ours, so I don't see why you should care about it. Anyone who can't or doesn't want to pay for the PK server, can play for free here -- and even PK for free too.

Yeah, it is just a game -- a game in which not everyone has to fight, or run risks they don't enjoy, or play the same way you do, or the same way I do. So yeah, let's relax and let it be, not keep trying to force it to be something else.

I agree with agis that AFK harvers do not really run any risks (unless they go afk for hours at a time, but most are clever enough to know that an invasion only has a chance of happening at the beginning of a new hour), and it is a fast way to make gc with very little effort ( i AFK harv aswell... alot), although u are right peino that it would probably be a bad thing if they get caught in battle's like this.

What agis meant by the other part of his post is that people are scared shitless at the mere thought of the possibility that they may (heavens forbid) actually die during the course of their daily activities, without their consent (how terrible :P) . And here i totally agree with him... why is it so wrong if there is a chance to die during your normal day stuff? There isn't enough randomness, there are no risks, it makes things dull and boring, all you have to do to get rich in this game is get 26 defence, a harv cape. a few pickaxes/leather gloves, some p/c for EMU and go afk harv... thats why every second n00b is running around in full steel+CoL ... if it was more challenging it wouldnt be just a matter of how much time you can spend a day on harving (as it is now, although with the new random invasions its gotten a little better),.

and exeus, here's some advice m8: don't bother posting anything here that will affect any1 negatively in game on the normal server... just give up, pay ur $5 and go to PK server, where we will be forever rid of people who like to live in EL, instead of playing EL as a game.

where we will be forever rid of people who like to live in EL, instead of playing EL as a game.

Finally someone said it. :P

I AGREE!

...then this idea is good only for the pk server,not for the main!Would you like it to happen you,while harvesting and being (semi)-AFK?Me NOT!but if your idea take place in any server,i would like ppls who are AFK to be teleport to IP! :)

limited number of creatures to help like bears/chims/cyclops/ogres (Somthing noobs have a chance on)

Bold added by me.

You say chims are for noobs, then in another post you say you get taken out by chims - are you saying that you are a noob?

Your siggy says that you are a noob PKer - does that mean you #suicide all the time?

Forgive me for the flame there, but the attitude of people who wish to force PK on all others is annoying. I think the previously mentioned:

Strangely, I never see a suggestion that PK'ers are forced to harvest or mix in a random matter..(wouldnt that be something!)

should really be brought up just to see how much outrage it brings from the PK community.

I run the gauntlet through KF regularly for the mercury there, have been killed at least 6 times in last 2 days by PKers. I do that purely for fun. sometimes I get away with a decent load of mercury, sometimes I have a return trip from underworld. Feel free to come hunt me in KF if the above has offended you.

Other than that, if you got this implemented in PK maps and there was plenty of warning for all the PKers who were logged on to get into the map, then this would be a great idea. I might even dress up in some armour for a little fighting fun for the duration of the war.

where we will be forever rid of people who like to live in EL, instead of playing EL as a game.

Stick to the PK server once it is up and running then, because I like to play my game without idiots constantly killing me wherever I happen to be.

Especially when they then PM "pwnt j00" or "i R teH l337 n j00 r teH n008/n00b/n44b".

Especially when they have no skills other than a/d over 30.

That was my unfortunate introduction to PKers within this game when I started playing nearly 2 years ago, I say this to show why I despise the attitude of people who think everyone should be PK in all the maps whenever they log on or even when they don't want to be PK.

I wanted the PK command to be added so I could have some fun when I chose to go PKable

That would have been a better way of getting more PK in main server

Edited by Matty27

I agree with agis that AFK harvers do not really run any risks (unless they go afk for hours at a time, but most are clever enough to know that an invasion only has a chance of happening at the beginning of a new hour), and it is a fast way to make gc with very little effort ( i AFK harv aswell... alot), although u are right peino that it would probably be a bad thing if they get caught in battle's like this.

What agis meant by the other part of his post is that people are scared shitless at the mere thought of the possibility that they may (heavens forbid) actually die during the course of their daily activities, without their consent (how terrible :P) . And here i totally agree with him... why is it so wrong if there is a chance to die during your normal day stuff? There isn't enough randomness, there are no risks, it makes things dull and boring, all you have to do to get rich in this game is get 26 defence, a harv cape. a few pickaxes/leather gloves, some p/c for EMU and go afk harv... thats why every second n00b is running around in full steel+CoL ... if it was more challenging it wouldnt be just a matter of how much time you can spend a day on harving (as it is now, although with the new random invasions its gotten a little better),.

and exeus, here's some advice m8: don't bother posting anything here that will affect any1 negatively in game on the normal server... just give up, pay ur $5 and go to PK server, where we will be forever rid of people who like to live in EL, instead of playing EL as a game.

OK, I get your points, but I guess I just don't see why it should matter. Some people like a game with risks, others like one with few or no risks. What others do doesn't make a difference to how I play, and I like the fact that EL caters to all sorts. It lets me learn about how people use games and interact with each other (for better or worse).

(edit: deleted response to another post. reason = feh, nvm.

Edited by peino

Precisely. Respect those, who wish to play peacefully and riskless way. Why force EVERYONE to the way of play, YOU LIKE? Live and let live.

Precisely. Respect those, who wish to play peacefully and riskless way. Why force EVERYONE to the way of play, YOU LIKE? Live and let live.

I agree this suggestion is silly, since nothing will change, the high lvl's will just flock wherever the war is, and i have no problems about people saying so... what i do not like are people who are so anti-pk (god knows what for, since they never get pk'd :) ) that they will come to these threads and spam how stupid pk'ers are ruining their game, when nothing thats ever suggested by these n00bs [next time check the rankings of the people who suggest it b4 you assume they are "l33t pk'ers with uber pr0 a/d and no other skills"... only exception might be n00b char-buyers] gets implented, and where every1 who likes pk'ing are stereotyped as idiots who run around and kill everything and say 'l33t, pr0, n00b, etc'. If u get killed by someone that says: "i R teH l337 n j00 r teH n008/n00b/n44b", then you must hav really crap fighting skills... Go look on that PK points list on the rankings site and check if you see any of those '10000000th similar suggestion' suggested by anyone there...

Ffs if you don't like an idea just say so, don't come hauling ur BS from ages ago and throwing it out here...

edit: ive always wondered why the people who have been in EL the longest, rarely say anything in these threads (there are exceptions, but thats less than 10%)... now i finally understand :P .

Edited by St_Arcane

I agree this suggestion is silly, since nothing will change, the high lvl's will just flock wherever the war is, and i have no problems about people saying so... what i do not like are people who are so anti-pk (god knows what for, since they never get pk'd :) ) that they will come to these threads and spam how stupid pk'ers are ruining their game, when nothing thats ever suggested by these n00bs [next time check the rankings of the people who suggest it b4 you assume they are "l33t pk'ers with uber pr0 a/d and no other skills"... only exception might be n00b char-buyers] gets implented, and where every1 who likes pk'ing are stereotyped as idiots who run around and kill everything and say 'l33t, pr0, n00b, etc'. If u get killed by someone that says: "i R teH l337 n j00 r teH n008/n00b/n44b", then you must hav really crap fighting skills... Go look on that PK points list on the rankings site and check if you see any of those '10000000th similar suggestion' suggested by anyone there...

Ffs if you don't like an idea just say so, don't come hauling ur BS from ages ago and throwing it out here...

edit: ive always wondered why the people who have been in EL the longest, rarely say anything in these threads (there are exceptions, but thats less than 10%)... now i finally understand :P .

I'm not quite sure, whether this was pointed solely on me or spoken in general. However, I'm not anti-PKer, I respect, that PKing is the part of the game, however it really pisses me off, when somebody comes and want to totally change the way of entire game to their advantage (=let me kill all those weaklings and grab their items, because I am teh ebul PKer). As far as I remember, this game is not only about fighting, so having my A/D levels or any other levels low doesn't tells anything what player I am. Judging players' 1337ness/n00biness only by his achievements/lack of them on battlefield is really childish. It's not about ranking, it's about attitude and personality.

wasnt aimed at you... i left out the names out of politeness... the ranking was there to point out to people mistaking n00bs who suggest these "pk-idea's" for the people who actually go PK'ing, not to make you feel inferior.

but now your post has become exactly what i was talking about... generalisations and assumptions :) ...

wasnt aimed at you... i left out the names out of politeness... the ranking was there to point out to people mistaking n00bs who suggest these "pk-idea's" for the people who actually go PK'ing, not to make you feel inferior.

but now your post has become exactly what i was talking about... generalisations and assumptions :) ...

If that's the case, then I apologize. Never meant to say "all PKers are <use your imagination>" I have some good friends among them, so saying that would offend them, which I certainly do not wish to.

St_Arcane: My post stated that the comment I made was my introduction to PK aspect of this game when I started nearly 2 years ago. Specifically:

That was my unfortunate introduction to PKers within this game when I started playing nearly 2 years ago

So, from that, it is obvious that I:

must hav really crap fighting skills...

Yes, having only just started playing the game, I quite obviously had crap fighting skills.

If you are going to flame respond to my post, at least do me the courtesy of naming me please?

I do agree that the PK players in EL need something more to get folks fighting, and a war as described in the first post would be good - if it was in PK maps and those who didnt wish to participate didnt have to.

As to:

hauling ur BS from ages ago and throwing it out here...

The post I linked to is in a thread less than a month old. A thread started by Entropy to try to get more people into PK. I supported that idea because I thought it would actually be a good system of getting more people fighting when they chose to. I also pledged to set the command as soon as it came in. I am not anti-PK, just anti-having-it-forced-upon-all-players.

Copy of this is going to your forum account, and shall we take our discussion to PM's please, it seems to me that you have misunderstood my post and it would be better for us to discuss this off the thread

Thankyou

St_Arcane: My post stated that the comment I made was my introduction to PK aspect of this game when I started nearly 2 years ago. Specifically:

That was my unfortunate introduction to PKers within this game when I started playing nearly 2 years ago

So, from that, it is obvious that I:

must hav really crap fighting skills...

Yes, having only just started playing the game, I quite obviously had crap fighting skills.

If you are going to flame respond to my post, at least do me the courtesy of naming me please?

I do agree that the PK players in EL need something more to get folks fighting, and a war as described in the first post would be good - if it was in PK maps and those who didnt wish to participate didnt have to.

As to:

hauling ur BS from ages ago and throwing it out here...

The post I linked to is in a thread less than a month old. A thread started by Entropy to try to get more people into PK. I supported that idea because I thought it would actually be a good system of getting more people fighting when they chose to. I also pledged to set the command as soon as it came in. I am not anti-PK, just anti-having-it-forced-upon-all-players.

Copy of this is going to your forum account, and shall we take our discussion to PM's please, it seems to me that you have misunderstood my post and it would be better for us to discuss this off the thread

Thankyou

aight, 1stly the BS from ages ago i was talking about was this 'introduction to pk' stuff ur talking about, not the link of the thread.

2ndly, by saying that if u got killed by someone who said "i R teH l337 n j00 r teH n008/n00b/n44b", i meant u got killed by another n00b(who's acting like he just got his 1st kill)... i was killed alot as a n00b while gathering merc too, and i rarely got a pm afterwards... the only pm's i ever got was if i pm'd the person who killed me with a remark 1st.

3rdly that pk'able idea was cast aside for the PK server idea, which is a better option for true pk'ing (reasons which i already stated in this topic).

My response to you (and others) was not a flame, merely me expressing my disgust at people's ignorance.

I am done with this thread, and any other threads about pk'ing on the main server...

I will state my opinion once again....to get more people out to pk, there is no new server, no special day, no non rosto map that will save this. What is requied is a monster that is easy to train and gives good xp as a players ADPC grows..as now most stick to fluffys/feros and train forever keeping PC as low as possible. If there was a monster avaible to make a higher PC and still train and get more XP, people will spend the extra PP. They top 20 will bitch and moan that that would make it too easy for people to level. But they also bitch and moan that no one goes out to fight. So a balance here is required. New servers, no rosto maps, cooldown whatever wont solve it. Get those people with 90-110AD an opurrtunity to raise PC and they will come out more often and play..Just my opinion

Jumpy

I will state my opinion once again....to get more people out to pk, there is no new server, no special day, no non rosto map that will save this. What is requied is a monster that is easy to train and gives good xp as a players ADPC grows..as now most stick to fluffys/feros and train forever keeping PC as low as possible. If there was a monster avaible to make a higher PC and still train and get more XP, people will spend the extra PP. They top 20 will bitch and moan that that would make it too easy for people to level. But they also bitch and moan that no one goes out to fight. So a balance here is required. New servers, no rosto maps, cooldown whatever wont solve it. Get those people with 90-110AD an opurrtunity to raise PC and they will come out more often and play..Just my opinion

Jumpy

I think it's not the only problem, but more that most people train negged, -19 a/d and where they used to check if there were any on pk maps when they restock, do they just go back training now.

If you want to look if any pking in KF when you restock, do you need to get a/d up to at least normal, when you find it empty can you start neg down again.

I remember before TS pots how people told in gm that the enemy was in KF and we just left the spawn and teled to KF.

It's impossible now.

Jumpy

They are called Desert, Forest and Mountain Chimeran's... the problem is alot of the time Bethel is crowded with n00bs who come kill the desert chims with Cutty/serp/tit long, and thereby make it harder for the people who train them normally to get good exp (only good exp if you hav a double spawn, or get ganged a few times an hour, because of the 45seconds respawn time), thats why i reset and am back on fluffy/feros now.

Forest chims no longer have a good spawn... willowvine is too big a map, and the spawns are far apart and hard to train on in the dark... when they were in Kusamura it was easier to train them... The 2 spawns in Tirnym is good, but that is just 1 spot, and you often have to cutty the mountain chims that get in the way.

If you can train mountain chims, you can get decent experience since tirnym is a small map with 3 mountain chims and 2 forest chims (iirc), so good exp, but by the time you can train mountain chims properly, you can already just neg out and go yeti, so most people don't use this option.

I have tried all 3 these spots, and when bethel was still relatively empty i got some good exp there, but for me, and the timezone i play in its no longer possible. I'd also suggest the forest chims in Willowvine to be moved back to Kusa, and (maybe, if possible) throw in a few wild Sslessar... since no1 trains the cockatrice in willowvine, and don't need the Forest chims to keep their exp up.

Mountain chims are fine as they are i think, i know when i get enough pp's i'll get 52/80 p/c again (without negging out this time) i'll go train there for a few lvl's before i move to yeti.

all in all though its not just the fact that people don't have enough p/c to pk... if you read up the multitude's of PK threads you will see that its pointless to PK because: u cant gain anything because everyone uses rosto, because they your pr0 gear, because every1 else uses pr0 gear... so all that can happen is you potentially lose 16kgc, and you cant gain anything for it (make rosto's cheaper).

But as ive said this no longer matters, we can all just go to PK server and pk more equally in stats, in n00b gear.

I think it's not the only problem, but more that most people train negged, -19 a/d and where they used to check if there were any on pk maps when they restock, do they just go back training now.

If you want to look if any pking in KF when you restock, do you need to get a/d up to at least normal, when you find it empty can you start neg down again.

I remember before TS pots how people told in gm that the enemy was in KF and we just left the spawn and teled to KF.

It's impossible now.

Zamirah got a point here, in the past i often didnt check pk coz i was at -19a/d and didnt want to ts again after checking-round on pk maps.

Btw: Didnt that thread go little off-topic by now? I mean: 1 newbie suggest something that no1 likes and we post and post here, lets allow this topic to die :P

mp

Finally someone said it. :P

I AGREE!

...then this idea is good only for the pk server,not for the main!Would you like it to happen you,while harvesting and being (semi)-AFK?Me NOT!but if your idea take place in any server,i would like ppls who are AFK to be teleport to IP! :P

Harvester of sorrow ^^