Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Eternal war

ETERNAL WAR

I have thout a while on this and I think it sounds awome.

OK. Everyone that starts a new char in EL is has a "Birth Stone"

Which is essentualy a number 1 or 2.

These numebrs represent what team/side they will be on.

Now here is the good part.

Like invasions, the Eternal War happens at random. A map thats normaly non-pk is selected randomly with lots of warning to thsoe inside it.

Then at a sertan time everyone in the map becomes pkable. In order to tell who is on your side, those who are against you will have red names so you cant tell. Also each team gets a limited number of creatures to help like bears/chims/cyclops/ogres (Somthing noobs have a chance on)

Then the WAR begins. After a while the battle is over and team with most players wins.

RULES.

1)Guilds still cant attack other guildies no matter wat is up.

2)AFK people will get cought in random atacks so perhaps people should stay indoors :)

3)If posible. There should be a way so only people with similar att/def can fight.

I think thats pretty much it. If anyone has somthing to ad to this just say it.

Also this would abviusly rais the amount of pk going on :D

Gime some imput people! ty

Sir_Exeus

I don't really like it... The idea of getting booted off a map (could be a good harvesting location - like MM, or could be a connecting map - like WS) for the duration of a war.

Why not just hold PK contests in the arenas regularly?

And, uh, how would "noobs" have a chance agaisnt the summons you suggested? I've been playing for (idk) probably well over 6 months now and I can barely take an Ogre (the weakest of what you mentioned).

Edited by Aphistolas

um in invasions do u just stay in the map? and i actualy agree now the sumns r to strong. and bears are easier than ogres i think.

o an pk contests...nubs cant win

Edited by exeus101

(Are they? I should try a bear sometime! :) )

Invasions aren't all that frequent though. This would be on top of the invasions, which would be annoying.

They won't be able to win in this either, though.

o an pk contests...nubs cant win

one problem i can see is when the warning comes " eternal war in PL " for example, then the high level fighters will all flock there giving noobs no chance anyway, all it will do is either empty the map or give high end fighters free drops.

I still prefer the idea of a #make_pk command being availible that was discussed as long as some of the ideas suggested by the players are taken into account (i.e. 1 month in game time is too long) :evilgrin:

how about a pk map that you have to type a command to enter, it could be used for war thats good v's evil guild tags wouldnt count so it would be up to individuals which side they want to take. a small fee of lets say 10kgc or maybe more could be uses to stop people switching sides or maybe a one month time limit or something, in the pk map your tag would turn to Looter - evil or Looter - good for example.

Basicly it would allow players of EL to split into 2 different sides and could turn out to be alot of fun for players of all levels. Maybe some sort of counter could be added to see who is winning and some sort of small bonus allowed for the side thats winning that stays untill the other side wins hence the new winners take over the bonus. I say small bonus because it would be abused if a large bonus was allowed.

I think alot of non pker's would join in and actually start to like pk, this could go along way to reviving normal pk as these people would surely end up in normal pk eventually (should make a few non pk guilds decide to pk)

just an idea based on Sir_Exeus's idea.

I like it how Looter suggested it but I got one question: What sort of bonus? Item or skill (i.e +2 a/d lvls or +4 coordination)?

I like it how Looter suggested it but I got one question: What sort of bonus? Item or skill (i.e +2 a/d lvls or +4 coordination)?

Im not really sure what the bonus should be but thats something entropy and devs could decide from others ideas should they want to do it. 2 a/d levels sounds good to me but maybe with a time limit of one week just so the bad guys cant keep the bonus forever should it turn out that way lol. Or maybe if its possible a very small chance to not lose an item when you use it like on recycle day. Actually lots of ideas just came to me, if you think about it this option has no limits so i wont post them, best just to let devs decide should they make such a map.

Well, this won't come a a surprise to those who know me, but I am 100% against this idea!

I dont want to be caught in a war that i havent chosen. Now, invasions are bad enough, but, its creature invasions, they wont get into houses and such so you can run from em.

I dont want to be mixing or harvesting somewhere and some maniac comes up to slaughter me.

We dont have PK areas for nothing, let those who wanna kil and fight go there and let the rest of us do the thing we like.

Strangely, I never see a suggestion that PK'ers are forced to harvest or mix in a random matter..(wouldnt that be something!)

Please, we all have our delights in this World, lets not force others to be involved into something they dont wanna get involved in..:evilgrin:

Live and Let Live!

peace,

Jez

I have to side with Jeze on this one because I believe this is not necessary.

When people feel so brave, there is no shortage of PK areas to visit at your leisure, instead of trying to force uninterested parties into fights, for whom invasions are already an unwanted hazard. I go round the arenas when I get tired of making stuff, either to watch a fight or just pick one!

Besides, there already exists an ideal location for your suggestion. Why not just announce an event in TD and provide incentives for people to fight? That way, unlike your idea, there is no risk that someone you really want to beat up may end up on the same team as you! :evilgrin:

The fact that rostos no longer work in TD should at least improve your chances of getting some drops. :D

or maybe a pk map that costs gc to enter. lets say u pay 10k gc to enter and no one is there and u tele out and get 10k back but if someone else is there then pot is 20k so last person to tele gets the pot. im just poor harvester so i dunno, just an idea.

I think that during eternal wars, (if there's something like that going to be in-game) EL should be no-drops, that way, you would enjoy it more, and even if you die, you wouldn't lose stuff/ores/precious items/etc.etc.

I still am surprised with PKers that are not happily entering PK maps trying to force everybody in the server to PK. It's 10000000th similar suggestion and I'm still impressed with their persistance in posting it again and again.

I agree with Jezebelle and Kheres. Why should I be forced to fight someone else's wars? I'm guildless by choice and for a reason -- part of which is because I don't want to get sucked into other people's conflicts.

So how about this -- instead of forcing PK on people whether they like it or not, why not create a kind of seige war thing in PK maps -- where groups can fight over control of castles, forts, or towns? And the bonus could be more pk points for a whole team for taking territory. It would have almost the same effect, without the hassle.

In fact, guilds could do that now, though it would be unofficial and have no points benefits.

Edited by peino

I still prefer the idea of a #make_pk command being availible that was discussed as long as some of the ideas suggested by the players are taken into account (i.e. 1 month in game time is too long) :)

I feel the same as you.

ya know wat. this idea was just somthing to posibly make pk teams. there has to some way to pk with others OTHER than guildies (Not that it isnt fun) so anything involving team pk is wat i want.

ya know wat. this idea was just somthing to posibly make pk teams. there has to some way to pk with others OTHER than guildies (Not that it isnt fun) so anything involving team pk is wat i want.

I have no problem with that, just keep it into PK areas :P

Jez

ok well thats 1 person down.

well seriusly we should take a vote and see who likes this "Pk team" idea.

I don't see a reason to call a vote for it. Considering the amount of PKers in PK areas it's not only senseless, but also redundant.

Stop forcing everybody to PK. Start convincing PKers to PK.

I don't see a reason to call a vote for it. Considering the amount of PKers in PK areas it's not only senseless, but also redundant.

or maybe and this idea might be a bit controversial but if a player wants lots of Pking , ermmmm join the PK server .. ok ok I know stupid idea sorry :P

or maybe and this idea might be a bit controversial but if a player wants lots of Pking , ermmmm join the PK server .. ok ok I know stupid idea sorry :P

You're a real n00b, you know. Joining PK server is not 1337 enough. The only good way is making everybody PKable!

ok well thats 1 person down.

well seriusly we should take a vote and see who likes this "Pk team" idea.

Well, seriously, there's no need to vote. You have PK maps and arenas in main server. You have an all-PK server coming down the pike. There is nothing at all to stop you making PK teams in main server right now -- with guildies, with guildless people, mixing guilds and/or guildless folks together, whatever you want. There is nothing stopping you from establishing factions/sides of your own. There is nothing stopping you from picking a building in a PK map, or even a whole PK map, and declaring war for control of it.

If you really love PK all that much, why aren't you doing that? Is it that not enough other people are as hot for PK as you? Or is it just not enough other people you can beat? Is that why you want to force non-fighters to PK -- so you can rack up easy loot and easy points at our expense?

I'll add to my earlier suggestion -- I would like to see a faction/seige war system in EL but only if it sticks to PK maps. I'd like that because I think it would add structure to PK, which apparently PKers are not able to make for themselves, since they aren't doing it even though they have all the tools at hand. I would also like to see a party system, so teams can have some benefits of shared points and private communication without needing a guild. Finally, I'd like to see the addition of "buff" spells -- like heal/smite summon -- so magic can be used more effectively in team fighting and training.

- seige war in PK maps

- a party system

- more team-oriented magic

I believe these would be positive changes to fighting in EL.

BUT, except for the magic part, we can already do these things on our own, if we know how to use EL and don't expect to be paid in more points for everything we do.

Could it be this suggestion is made because 'a good pk involves slaughtering someone with lower stats, just for the heck of it'?

If so..I'm not even going to explain why it's not only a bad idea, but even dispicable..^^

If not, then i don't see any reason to persue this so-called 'plan' ^^

As sais before, there are lost of places for pérs to do their thing, let's keep it that way.

And oh, before i get jumped on for forcing my ways onto others; this is my opinion only, altho others are more then welcome to share that opinion with me :P

Jez