Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

my ideas for pk server

Well 100 a/d/oa or 120 a/d/oa cap doesnt make much difference for me.

As long as the cap is there, Im fine with it.

If pk server is up, I dont see any point for people who play this game for combat playing style, to work on your char on main server btw. Reason the people here want an a/d/oa cap isnt because they want to play both servers. Most players who want caps, have put lots of effort in their char on main server and stopped training it by now, cause its endless without any purpose. After some point, the stronger you get, the less fun pk is... it seems, with caps this will be other way around I hope.

I think the people who worked a lot on main server on their char will only play on pk server (I hope so, I will), cause there is nothing more exciting to do on main server, compared to pk. I worked years on my char on main server, and couldnt care a single bit of it if pk server goes up, ill play 100% on it.

With caps, people who cant play 4 hours a day, can get to a point where they can fully take part in pk, only it will take longer, but theyll be able to compete in teams, cause the strenght is limited by a maximum, compared to main server.

Maybe another thing is that after oa 120... you can add or to perks (maybe too powerfull), or to nexus. The reason I never done any other skill on main server, is cause it costs pickpoints, which are essential on main server for pk. Id love to do my own manuing/crafting/potioning.

If nexus would cost 1/2/3/4/5/6 of the 120 pickpoints, you can use in total, I doubt many will take any nexus besides human. Maybe players would focus fully on other skills besides a/d/magic, but that will be very hard on a full pk server, Very challenging tho, might be fun for an alt :icon13: . Hmmm alts can do other skills, kinda forgot about that.

All in all, I agree on a 120 oa/a/d cap.

P.S. If any more official info comes out about the pk server, especially about caps/strenght limiting, ill happily send 25$ for 5 chars :P .

Well 100 a/d/oa or 120 a/d/oa cap doesnt make much difference for me.

As long as the cap is there, Im fine with it.

If pk server is up, I dont see any point for people who play this game for combat playing style, to work on your char on main server btw. Reason the people here want an a/d/oa cap isnt because they want to play both servers. Most players who want caps, have put lots of effort in their char on main server and stopped training it by now, cause its endless without any purpose. After some point, the stronger you get, the less fun pk is... it seems, with caps this will be other way around I hope.

I think the people who worked a lot on main server on their char will only play on pk server (I hope so, I will), cause there is nothing more exciting to do on main server, compared to pk. I worked years on my char on main server, and couldnt care a single bit of it if pk server goes up, ill play 100% on it.

With caps, people who cant play 4 hours a day, can get to a point where they can fully take part in pk, only it will take longer, but theyll be able to compete in teams, cause the strenght is limited by a maximum, compared to main server.

Maybe another thing is that after oa 120... you can add or to perks (maybe too powerfull), or to nexus. The reason I never done any other skill on main server, is cause it costs pickpoints, which are essential on main server for pk. Id love to do my own manuing/crafting/potioning.

If nexus would cost 1/2/3/4/5/6 of the 120 pickpoints, you can use in total, I doubt many will take any nexus besides human. Maybe players would focus fully on other skills besides a/d/magic, but that will be very hard on a full pk server, Very challenging tho, might be fun for an alt :w00t: . Hmmm alts can do other skills, kinda forgot about that.

All in all, I agree on a 120 oa/a/d cap.

P.S. If any more official info comes out about the pk server, especially about caps/strenght limiting, ill happily send 25$ for 5 chars :P .

I also concur on 120 oa/a/d cap.

-But i still think no oa cap is best.

Also, I dont think that u should be able to get perks or nexus after 120 oa because in the end, that would make every1 self dependent.

- Mabey we should make a poll, if entropy is open to change from a/d cap of 100 and no oa cap. :icon13:

Edited by SL7yz0r

yeah actually... cap OA, A/D, P/C at 100, and only 100.. so that once were all there, players will gradually leave the server because all they're doing is clicking aimlessly around the maps hoping to come across someone who is training ;)

and then, it'll become a friggin Church game where we can all sit around the camp fire and talk about overcoming problems the server has - becuz we want ppl to keep playing, not dieing...

/sarc

i say steal WoW's idea.. cap going from say 60 -> 80 -> 90 -> 100 -> u know... i think that will work great for me. there'll be alot of competition when cap raises, and we wont feel neglected :o

and..wouldnt be too bad for business either...there'll be more newbies considering joining the pk server, AFTER it already launched :) (like me >.>)

Edited by kansle

How is this:

Just lets give it a try?

If you want to sit on a pk sever at the camp fire, youre IMO doing seriously something wrong.

Its a PK server for a reason IMO.

And you have to pay 5 bucks to play there, so make up your mind :)

Piper

Maybe its me but imo people are trying to over complicate things..

start off with an a/d/oa cap of 100 it doesnt matter no one is 10 a/d yet let alone 100 and when players reach the cap then review the situation :icon13: but until then just have fun with it

Maybe its me but imo people are trying to over complicate things..

start off with an a/d/oa cap of 100 it doesnt matter no one is 10 a/d yet let alone 100 and when players reach the cap then review the situation :hug: but until then just have fun with it

I rather not start training to 100 a/d to then see cap go higher and higher. :)

Just personal thing tho.

cant knock it till u try it ey? i doubt ANY 1 no matte rhow strong will get 100/100 a/d with over 100 oa any time toon >.> lets be real here, NO 1 CAN MAKE ANYTHING :P

I agree with Stricken, by the time anyone reaches those levels so many variables may have changed that the point may become moot! It may be unnecessary to make changes now if when the time comes they would need to be changed back or to something else altogether. Less work for the Dev's too.

ok i just read through all of that ....

but from what i can tell ppl want the a/d/oa cap for a reason but then ppl dont but they dont want every1 un even in the long run kinda like superheros.

so i say live with the a/d/oa cap because are you realy coming here to train for 5 hours strait like on the main server.. i know i wont i'd rather train for what at max an hour and then have fun.

what i'm saying is keep the caps at 100 as for high lvl monsters maybe weaken them so they are still in game but a good challenge at best.

maybe add a couple c2 and c1 maps make it like a new continent or something.

but 1 worry i have is pk will just be ppl sitting outside of safe spots waiting for noobs to walk out so maybe make a penulty for killing to much say a a/d drop by 15 for amount of time without killing

but on the up side another thing you could do to increase insentive to pk is give an exp bonus for killing a player and a slight loss of exp of the loser of the fight.

anyways i look forward to a pk server might get me playing more tbh

lol camping a safe spot, pretty pathetic if ppl sit at their comp sitting there watching if some1 will finally walk out ^^

And don't forget those campers waiting for those camping a safe spot to go into a not safe area ;p

I mean, i read many times people are scared by pkers who'd wait for a prey at some safe/unsafe edge... Like those guys would be safe themselves :confused:

It's a PK server, everyone can (And hopefully will) be PKed :)

maybe an idea to fight against spawn camping : when u take the boat, ur don't appear @ the docks but in a random place on the map...

well, just change the docks into some kind of catapult that throws u somewhere in the map ur supposed to be going if u took the boat.

couldn't care less if we have it or not, just remove the stones so there's no way of knowing. Makes no difference whether it's still there or not that way :icon13:

Maybe to prevent camping at docks, have an immunity from attack for a certain period, but if you attack you loose the immunity so you cant cheat the ICD perk :icon13:

Edited by dom

i can imagine sometimes there'll be confusion about whether youre in a safe zone or not (do villages count as cities?? etc) so if its easy to implement it would be nice if the name turns red when your PKable, white when your in a safe zone...

I don't know if this is good idea, but what do u think, if there are some maps with level cap. For example Naralik (or what was the map where are lot of goblins and large spiders) could be capped to 30 a/d or so. So low level players could train there without someone with 80 a/d kills them whole time.

And anyway I'd like to get one or two maps with level cap, that lower level players could pk there. Maybe like 30 and 60 a/d? Naralik could be 30 a/d and maybe some c2 map could be 60 a/d?

But I don't know how would it work in game... Just was thinking that kind of idea.

Hey all..

I ve just found an idea but its little CRAZY :confused:

Its a PK server right? So it should be full of PK and full of PK fun!! I mean why do we want to do PK server as boring as normal server? We train like crazy in normal server to get higher a/d and to fight better in PK. If its a PK server than it should test our PK SKILLS not TRAINING SKILLS :blink:

So my idea is:

1. First make the price of server 10-20$

2. Give the player a full char (i mean 100 in every skills and 150 oa)

3. Make the rostos very very less rare (like u could get 10 rostos from 1 hour harving)

4. Make just IP non-pk and make others full PK and make some maps full of high level monsters invasion moded.

5. 1 Sec CD for all items in every map

I know it ll prolly ruin main server's PK little but the cost of the server will do the players to make a choice...

EDIT# Changed prices

KadluB,

Thanks

Edited by OldySchooly

bad idea, i'm not paying 50$ to play on a pk server qand i'm sure not many otehrs will either, it'll be like 20~ people there that can actually afford the 50$$ in rl for it... so my vote for ur ideas =

0/10 = no

level 100 in every skill? so we get pro manuers and crafters?

uber equipment and uber strong players = same as main but cheaper rosts

Yeah. So it ll be pr0 fun and full of PK... we dont want it?!?! :confused:

level 100 in every skill? so we get pro manuers and crafters?

uber equipment and uber strong players = same as main but cheaper rosts

yeah thats right \o/ and it's only 10-20$ less then a p2p account =D