Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

my ideas for pk server

yeah, i agree with yaser, i would want no OA cap so that there is at least some way to continue improving your char. It would get boring if once there is no competition to continue bettering yourself, at least for me.

If 3 skills out of 12 are going to be capped, does it mean you have not challenge? And you can always make new char (and there is going to be buyers for capped chars).

That'd be kinda boring too ----- train to cap->make new char->train to cap->make new char->etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kinda like world of warcraft.

ide rather continue making my char better. With a/d caps, and no oa cap, we can do that without making it impossible for newbs that join later to compete with us.

If you dont cap attributes and neither cap oa, how would newbies suppose to compete with someone with 140 oa+?

yeah, i agree with yaser, i would want no OA cap so that there is at least some way to continue improving your char. It would get boring if once there is no competition to continue bettering yourself, at least for me.

If 3 skills out of 12 are going to be capped, does it mean you have not challenge? And you can always make new char (and there is going to be buyers for capped chars).

That'd be kinda boring too ----- train to cap->make new char->train to cap->make new char->etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ide rather continue making my char better. With a/d caps, and no oa cap, we can do that without making it impossible for newbs that join later to compete with us.

If you dont cap attributes and neither cap oa, how would newbies suppose to compete with someone with 140 oa+?

It takes only a minimum of 6 months to get to 140 oa. Work hard and oa lvl isnt that hard to catch up to^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Newbs who start playing later can catch up much faster, cuz the noobs will be able to buy the armor/pots/essence at lower prices from other players cuz essences/items like he/srs/leather armor will be at lower price. They will be at lower prices cuz, if you get 100 a/d you are not going to keep a high quantity of he/srs/armor cuz they are pretty much useless for you. You will sell the essences/pots/armor at cheaper price so you can buy the col/tit armor for pk.

While we had to wait for the lvl to make armor (or train with out armor) newbs will be able training with the armor + they will get the books for manu/fighting. So its about the same. (btw they can always buy char$ in the end :icon13: )

Dont know why people want to have a/d lvl cap at 100, with c2 so there is 2-3 players in each map with(yeti/dragon/giant/chims).

Then you want to cap the oa so after playing the game for 6-10 months every 1 becomes equal........erm How about all of us start @ lvl 100/100/50/50 a/d/p/c with 50 lvl of each skill this way we will be equal and fair to the players who only play 1 hour a week.

Like MP said:

lets w8 for the server and see how it goes :w00t:

I guess we will have to play wait and play on pk server to see how it goes. If most of us can agree (i hope) then we can the mods to do the update for raiseing the a/d/oa cap + decrease c2 maps so there wont be 2-3 players in each map. (Btw there's about 500-800 players playing on normal server and if there's going to be 200-400(i wish it was this many) playing on pk server do you really want to have same amout of maps?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Newbs who start playing later can catch up much faster, cuz the noobs will be able to buy the armor/pots/essence at lower prices from other players cuz essences/items like he/srs/leather armor will be at lower price. They will be at lower prices cuz, if you get 100 a/d you are not going to keep a high quantity of he/srs/armor cuz they are pretty much useless for you. You will sell the essences/pots/armor at cheaper price so you can buy the col/tit armor for pk.

While we had to wait for the lvl to make armor (or train with out armor) newbs will be able training with the armor + they will get the books for manu/fighting. So its about the same. (btw they can always buy char$ in the end :icon13: )

Dont know why people want to have a/d lvl cap at 100, with c2 so there is 2-3 players in each map with(yeti/dragon/giant/chims).

Then you want to cap the oa so after playing the game for 6-10 months every 1 becomes equal........erm How about all of us start @ lvl 100/100/50/50 a/d/p/c with 50 lvl of each skill this way we will be equal and fair to the players who only play 1 hour a week.

Like MP said:

lets w8 for the server and see how it goes :w00t:

I guess we will have to play wait and play on pk server to see how it goes. If most of us can agree (i hope) then we can the mods to do the update for raiseing the a/d/oa cap + decrease c2 maps so there wont be 2-3 players in each map. (Btw there's about 500-800 players playing on normal server and if there's going to be 200-400(i wish it was this many) playing on pk server do you really want to have same amout of maps?

Definetly hope there is no OA cap.

-By the way yaser, i sent u a forum PM^^

ROFL only makes me laugh of pity :evilgrin:

Who is asking for not cap are people that never reached top 20 a/d LOL. If that happens in pk server you guys will be overrun by much hardcore players easily and will become the same dullness as main server.

You guys are so eager to level do it in the main server im sure there is lots of fun :devlish:

All best games have CAP and that means STOP and START TO HAVE FUN.

All best games have caps for a period. Not for ever of course..

I agree with a/d and oa limits anyway. IF 60% of players reach 100 a/d and oa then 20 more a/d levels can be released and the new cap can be 120.

Caps for ever is the same mistake with slow and endless leveling.

you wont find many "newbs" on pk server any way... no point to cap oa cuz people who join pk server need to get it up on their own imo.... capping oa will mess with pk badly

capping either oa or p/c is essential to making a proper PK server. Not doing so will just mean that all the things which ruined PK on the main server will eventually come back.

Capping p/c + oa will mess things up badly. After players reach 100 a/d then all of the players will have almost the same p/c, btw it wont be fair to players like crus, wexy, dust and other who want to have 3-4 times more phys than cord.

Proper pk server means that:

1) Capped oa and a/d limits for a period. Not for ever because none can do the same things all the time.

The first cap can be 100 a/d and oa or even lower. When 60% of the players will reach 100 a/d and oa the cap should change to 120 oa and a/d. But leveling should be much faster than the main server. Otherwise players will keep training.That was the biggest mistake in the main server. Slow leveling. El is capped in a way allready in the main server cause leveling is extremely slow after 110 def.

Even in wow the first cap was 60, now its 70 and in the next weeks it will be 80. The main reason that players are so addicted with MMORPG games is that they do different things all the time and they feel that they are having progress.

2)Different economy system and cheaper pk.

3)The fact that u are a manuer shouldn't require pps for artificial nexuses.All other skills should be oa based and they shouldn't require pps. Even crafter's should be strong enough to enter pk maps.

4)Pk should be a skill like all other skills. Players should win something. This can be better drops, additional exp etc. I am pking for hours in wow not just for fun but to collect honor points and win pr0 armor, trinkets, weapons etc.

If guys you think that the solution for pk is to make el to be el of the past you are making a mistake.

I had a lot of fun with Doom1 but Quake 4 is better.

If things were like that Tahraji desert would be full already.

Edited by agis29

oh i wan 500/500 p/c plx no cap p/c gief 500/500 plx

anyway ppl can want so much, doesn't mean they will get it :(

and if you don't want a cap then play on the main server

Scarr's ideas r very good, its summs up to 1 suggestion- make pking cheap and avaiable for any1, which means:

1) U got a lot of Real $$ u got fun, u dont have them- u still got fun.( No big advantage if u got a lot of gc)

2) U got a lot of free time and play a lot- u got fun, but if u play not that much, like 2-3h/day and not every day- u still can have big fun and r not cannon fodder for stronger/richer players.(No big advantage if u got stronger character, not possible to make very strong character)

Those two "rules" applied to pking in oldschool times, and were broken in last 2 years updates:

-big cooldown durning fights- if u r weaker u have to run or die from stronger player very fast, u cant perform nice long fight, u also cant fight long if u r ganged,

-expensive equipment- u r spending most of ur time making money for equipment instead of pking/training and having fun,

-summon stones- u have no safe way to escape from some1 coz he can always use the stone to catch ur diss/flee, u also cant fight vs some1 who summoned a lot of strong monsters coz of stones( 3-4giants for example),

-brod- u have to use red cape, so cant mirror-hit on opponent, its also very deadly with invi pots,

-som- u lose ur mana very fast, fight is very short,

-mana destruction rings- u cant use mirror cape even if ur opponent doesnt use brod/bod, so he deals u big dmg with orc slayer/thermal serp and u cant mirror him,

-invisibility potion/spell- u dont see ur opponent till he attacks u, or till u wake up in underworld after he harmed u, that made training on pk maps very dangerous, especially with combination brod/summon stones,

-trainable monsters above weak mountain chim- u need to train and train to keep up with stronger ppl, players can reach very high a/d/p/c and still getting big exp(not anymore since yetis were changed, but they were trainable for almost a year, so long enough for ppl to get strong)

-buyable nexuses/nexus removal stones- if some1 is rich enough he can get very strong very fast and no1 can do anything about it, u cant serp spawn of this person or pk him coz he doesnt train and still is getting stronger.

( gratz if some1 still reading, was a long post :( )

mp

this doest sound like real EmpI

Even in wow the first cap was 60, now its 70 and in the next weeks it will be 80. The main reason that players are so addicted with MMORPG games is that they do different things all the time and they feel that they are having progress.

Let us cap a/d to 80 in the beginning, and raise it when wow does :(

Proper pk server means that:

1) Capped oa and a/d limits for a period. Not for ever because none can do the same things all the time.

The first cap can be 100 a/d and oa or even lower. When 60% of the players will reach 100 a/d and oa the cap should change to 120 oa and a/d. But leveling should be much faster than the main server. Otherwise players will keep training.That was the biggest mistake in the main server. Slow leveling. El is capped in a way allready in the main server cause leveling is extremely slow after 110 def.

2)Different economy system and cheaper pk.

3)The fact that u are a manuer shouldn't require pps for artificial nexuses.All other skills should be oa based and they shouldn't require pps. Even crafter's should be strong enough to enter pk maps.

4)Pk should be a skill like all other skills. Players should win something. This can be better drops, additional exp etc. I am pking for hours in wow not just for fun but to collect honor points and win pr0 armor, trinkets, weapons etc.

If guys you think that the solution for pk is to make el to be el of the past you are making a mistake.

I had a lot of fun with Doom1 but Quake 4 is better.

If things were like that Tahraji desert would be full already.

1. No. u just want increasing lvl caps so that people that only have time to train 2 hours per day should be just as strong as those who train 4+ hours per day. More work=more reward. Please. Plus, like yaser said, Newbs that enter this game will already have an economy set up for them, and there will always be ppl resetting. No need or want for OA cap here.

2. Make PK cheap=No reward for PKing.. I want you're st00f. =P

3. So that every1 can be amazing at everything at once? o.O Then Top PKers can be top manures and crafter as well, no players will be dependent on each other anymore..

4. I like idea of being able to buy stuff with PK points but PK for the loser still shouldn't be "cheap".

Edited by SL7yz0r

The cap should be set with no plans on moving it. Otherwise why have a cap at all?

Yeah, i'de rather have a permanent cap than an increasing cap.

But no cap at all is best. :)

1. No. u just want increasing lvl caps so that people that only have time to train 2 hours per day should be just as strong as those who train 4+ hours per day. More work=more reward. Please. Plus, like yaser said, Newbs that enter this game will already have an economy set up for them, and there will always be ppl resetting. No need or want for OA cap here.

Exactly like people starting today on main server can get to top 1 of oa in a no time because they have economy set up for them and people keep resetting every day :)

I guess that none can do the same things all the time for the next years. Pk was active when the majority of players could level up fast.Cols and expensive armor were already in game. Same with cooldowns and rostos.

I don't have any problem with caps for 1 year or so. But play and be 100 a/d for the next 5 years is boring. (at least for me)

I guess that none can do the same things all the time for the next years. Pk was active when the majority of players could level up fast.Cols and expensive armor were already in game. Same with cooldowns and rostos.

I don't have any problem with caps for 1 year or so. But play and be 100 a/d for the next 5 years is boring. (at least for me)

Thats also y there should be no oa cap. :)

Let us cap a/d to 80 in the beginning, and raise it when wow does :P

erm o.O this isnt wow, and wow isnt going to raise the cap

The cap should be set with no plans on moving it. Otherwise why have a cap at all?

I dont have problems with the cap as long as its a bit challanging to get so it doesnt get boring after playing for few months. The cap should be set for 120 a/d and then never change it. This way it will keep players busy for ~2 years+ and this way if c2 is added we can atleast be able to kill yetis and get some nice drops (tit armor + nmt + bars +books etc) then team up to fight ac/giants/dragons). People who dont like the idea of getting 120 a/d is because they want to be able to play on main server and pk server so once they reach lvl 100 they can continue playing on main server. Its not fair to the other players who are only going to play pk server.

Exactly like people starting today on main server can get to top 1 of oa in a no time because they have economy set up for them and people keep resetting every day :icon13:

There is a player who is in top 10-15 who only played for 10 months probably top 15 in oa. When you are going to be in pk server with 1/5 of the players playing with only 2-3 players a map with a stable economy, you can lvl up much faster

Let us cap a/d to 80 in the beginning, and raise it when wow does :P

erm o.O this isnt wow, and wow isnt going to raise the cap

I dont have problems with the cap as long as its a bit challanging to get so it doesnt get boring after playing for few months. The cap should be set for 120 a/d and then never change it. This way it will keep players busy for ~2 years+ and this way if c2 is added we can atleast be able to kill yetis and get some nice drops (tit armor + nmt + bars +books etc) then team up to fight ac/giants/dragons). People who dont like the idea of getting 120 a/d is because they want to be able to play on main server and pk server so once they reach lvl 100 they can continue playing on main server. Its not fair to the other players who are only going to play pk server.

Exactly like people starting today on main server can get to top 1 of oa in a no time because they have economy set up for them and people keep resetting every day :icon13:

There is a player who is in top 10-15 who only played for 10 months probably top 15 in oa. When you are going to be in pk server with 1/5 of the players playing with only 2-3 players a map with a stable economy, you can lvl up much faster

yeah. if both a/d and oa caps were at 120, that would be great.

-otherwise, please keep a/d caps at 100 with no oa cap.

Edited by SL7yz0r

One way or another i ll play on the pk server. Either it has caps or not.

@Yaserhammeed El is not wow but its good to see how the best or at least the most popular MMORGP is working.About wow caps now..

"Quest to level 80, gaining potent new abilities and talents along the way."

Thats the official announcement (Wrath of the Lich King expansion)

I know it sounds weird but maybe the first cap should be lower than 100 a/d and oa.

The only reason i am saying this is cause i am afraid that players will start training a lot to reach 100 a/d.

And to reach 100 a/d takes months..