Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

my ideas for pk server

so by the time you reach the right a/d to train fluffs for example

If you half p/c and since a/d is cap to 100 i serious doubt u will be able to train on fluffy :>

Remember that fluffy(and every other creature) has p/c too, so the training wont change much i think, but a/d will be more important than p/c,so like Conavar said, things can still be trained/killed, people just wont be able to train/kill stuff waaay above their a/d, which IMO is a good thing, especially since a/d will be capped. Maybe it will even encourage people to take positive perks, since spending the pp's on coord wont be a better option anymore.

Only 88 ppl voted they will play on pk server and 63 said they might play. So im guessing ~100-120 ppl will play on regularly, so there is no point of adding c2 its going to make pk much harder (they could be traning in c2 while you are hunting like a noob wasting time).

There is no point for c2 becasue you wont be able to kill yetis + giants + dragons + artic chim (even in groups they are gona own u + not to mention the other players who will attack you when u r getting owned by the monsters....all they have to do is harm, take db and tele/beam).

when 15-20 ppl reach 100 a/d then a/d cap should increase.

Also summoning / summoning stones of giants + dragons + artic chims should not be allowed. one summoned giant can kill all the players in pk area...specially early in the game it will be a bad idea giant with 600 hp he will kill us all and still be alive.

btw also add serp sword as a drop, increase gold drop + item drops rate for capes/armor/rings atleast for a while so people can have some armor/wep to fight.

Only 88 ppl voted they will play on pk server and 63 said they might play. So im guessing ~100-120 ppl will play on regularly

If 5% of population (let's say that was 1 million people) says "yes", does that mean only 1 million people out of 20 millions are positive?

So the whole idea of a/d cap would be ruined? :)

Also summoning / summoning stones of giants + dragons + artic chims should not be allowed. one summoned giant can kill all the players in pk area...specially early in the game it will be a bad idea giant with 600 hp he will kill us all and still be alive.

Are you planning to get 80 summoning (or what ever required) to make giant stones? That's gonna take more time than reaching the a/d cap twice.

....so there is no point of adding c2 its going to make pk much harder (they could be traning in c2 while you are hunting like a noob wasting time).

3 words. Gypsum. Hydro. Evtr :P

But seriously, we need the most space we can get, so that crafters/manu'ers/summoners etc, have room to gather items and mix. And on the point of hydro and gypsum, we'd either have to keep c2 or move harvest locations...

And yes, I plan to give this server a shot :)

~kGn

....so there is no point of adding c2 its going to make pk much harder (they could be traning in c2 while you are hunting like a noob wasting time).

3 words. Gypsum. Hydro. Evtr :P

Gypsum- needed for summon stones, the less ingame the better :P

Hydro- used for expensive armors and buying nexuses, the less ingame the better :P

Evtr - players played eL long before that map was implemented and they had at least same amount of fun then, if not more :)

But seriously, we need the most space we can get, so that crafters/manu'ers/summoners etc, have room to gather items and mix. And on the point of hydro and gypsum, we'd either have to keep c2 or move harvest locations...

For fun and little to no risk while mixing/harvesting we got main server.

I hope mixing/harvesting will be very hard/dangerous skill to do on the pk server.

Big risk at harving/mixing will prevent mass-production of items, it will be something like natural cooldown :P

On the main server i mixed/harved a lot and it was always almost no risk and no action( with the exception of toads-mixing :P ).

mp

I would probably like it without C2. It would be too safe if there was all the space of C2, on the main server a lot of the maps in C2 are nearly empty anyaw and less people will be playing on the PK server so it will be even less crowded IMO which is a bad thing. I like most of scarrs ideas in general :).

One thing I wanna say is I think no summon stones (And possible more exp given for normal summons) could be very interesteing. I would like to see people using the summoning skill in PK instead of just buying some stones! Just my opinion.

I also agree with c2 being taken away... for now tho, if more people come it can always be put back, untill then c1 should be ok (just maybe make a spot with gypsum for kagen :))

So the whole idea of a/d cap would be ruined? :D

if every 1 has 100 a/d then people are going to play alot less because they wont be able to lvl up, no 1 will be training and every 1 is going to have rostos/neg perks for pk

Are you planning to get 80 summoning (or what ever required) to make giant stones? That's gonna take more time than reaching the a/d cap twice.

erm you can just go to the npc and buy the fricking stones no??

btw you can also summon fluffy @20s lvl and it can kill a player of 70s-80s a/d....so summoners shouldnt really complain that they cant summon artic chim/giants

Gypsum, hydro ore and other st00f can be added in c1 maps

npc's from c2 can be added in wsc and other locations (secret locations?)

if c2 is added how are you going to pk? there is going to be 30-40 maps (not to mention caves and other locations which are pk so pvp is safer) you wont find any 1 to pk.

I think, the a/d cap is there for a reason, no need to adjust it when a certain amount of players reach a given a/d.

So there are not any unbeatable superheroes on that server after a year or two. Players still have the chance to team up on a player and pk them.

Thats imo the thrill of the PK server, not the goal to reach a/d 666/666 and become immortal

Piper

The_Piper and Stricken r right, if u r pr0 u dont need to have stronger character or better equipment, its more than enough if u have equal chances :)

100a/d( especially attack) wont be that easy to make on pk server, at least 3 months of constant training :D

New players also will be able to reach it even if they begin 1 or 2 years after server is opened( unless they r KOS- killed on sight - by more experienced players, which will be quite possible :( ).

mp

I think, the a/d cap is there for a reason, no need to adjust it when a certain amount of players reach a given a/d.

So there are not any unbeatable superheroes on that server after a year or two. Players still have the chance to team up on a player and pk them.

Thats imo the thrill of the PK server, not the goal to reach a/d 666/666 and become immortal

Piper

i know what you are saying but the the thing i am trying to say is, whats going to happen when every 1 has 100 a/d => people are going to play alot less and will take neg perks to stay on the top. if the lvl cap is 120 a/d then its alot better because you can reach 100 a/d in ~1 year, but to reach 120 a/d its going to take 2 years or more. Anyway i thought that would make the game more intresting and harder, its not like what ever i say will actuall be in the pk server.

the server isen't meant to train any way its the PK SERVER

exactly no? why do we need c2?, why do we need monster which we cant kill. why do we need 40+ maps when there are 100-200 ppl will play, its a pk server why do you want to allow other to safely train in the area you dont even know it exsist. If they cant add all the ores/npc's in c1 (its alot of work) only add few maps of c2

The_Piper and Stricken r right, if u r pr0 u dont need to have stronger character or better equipment, its more than enough if u have equal chances :)

100a/d( especially attack) wont be that easy to make on pk server, at least 3 months of constant training :P

New players also will be able to reach it even if they begin 1 or 2 years after server is opened( unless they r KOS- killed on sight - by more experienced players, which will be quite possible :P ).

mp

yea thats what im saying we dont need c2 to make strong items, they can be added in c1 to make it harder to harvest them, and you should know how hard it is to kill a giant. do you think 20 ppl with 100 a/d will kill a giant (maybe with mirror). we dont need c2 for the monster we cant kill.

:whistle: i dont think any 1 can reach 100 a/d that fast, when you dont have any armor to train, pots/essences to heal.

i go namehiding anyways hihihi ;*D

noo :bangwall: how about every one make chars with there original name, (for char buyer$ the name you were most famous with)

just curious about every 1 thinks about this

1) bj okay yes/no if no only enemies?

2) attacking in pvp ok

3) attacking while training

4) attacking while harvesting

Edited by yaserhameed

i dont think any 1 can reach 100 a/d that fast, when you dont have any armor to train, pots/essences to heal.

You are right.

That's why we need a lot of maps, for mixers to hide in :bangwall:

No comment to that , lets w8 for the server and see how it goes :whistle:

And btw, i made up to 1,6m oa exp w/o restoring on the main server. Lack of HE's on pk server will be big advantage for ppl who know how to deal with that minor issue :bangwall:

mp

OA isnt caped..right? still a goal to train

but i hope p/c will be limited, so rest of pps goes into nexus and perks..

that will keep u playing..

:bangwall: Indeed, lets not incourage people to do endless training to get more oa.

And if we do, please cap p/c/w/v/i/r. Use spare pickpoints for nexusses of perks.

Eeeeehm.... what's the point of raising a a/d cap? it's the idea that no-one can get stronger than 100 a/d... raising it would be the same as not having a a/d cap :P

So the whole idea of a/d cap would be ruined? :)

if every 1 has 100 a/d then people are going to play alot less because they wont be able to lvl up, no 1 will be training and every 1 is going to have rostos/neg perks for pk

Well.... that's the idea!!! lol it is after all called a PK server not a train-as-much-as-you-want-server... If you're there for training I suggest you do that on the main server and pk on the pk server...

Piper

i know what you are saying but the the thing i am trying to say is, whats going to happen when every 1 has 100 a/d => people are going to play alot less and will take neg perks to stay on the top. if the lvl cap is 120 a/d then its alot better because you can reach 100 a/d in ~1 year, but to reach 120 a/d its going to take 2 years or more. Anyway i thought that would make the game more intresting and harder, its not like what ever i say will actuall be in the pk server.

Why would you get bored? It's not because people wanted another server where you can train... people wanted a server where they could pk so if you get bored of pking there's no need to go to the pk server and you can just go train on the main server.

a a/d cap of 120 is way to high imo, 100 should do fine. Not too easy to reach and not too hard either :fire:

Eeeeehm.... what's the point of raising a a/d cap? it's the idea that no-one can get stronger than 100 a/d... raising it would be the same as not having a a/d cap :P

So the whole idea of a/d cap would be ruined? :P

Well.... that's the idea!!! lol it is after all called a PK server not a train-as-much-as-you-want-server... If you're there for training I suggest you do that on the main server and pk on the pk server...

Piper

Why would you get bored? It's not because people wanted another server where you can train... people wanted a server where they could pk so if you get bored of pking there's no need to go to the pk server and you can just go train on the main server.

a a/d cap of 120 is way to high imo, 100 should do fine. Not too easy to reach and not too hard either :P

yeah, i agree with yaser, i would want no OA cap so that there is at least some way to continue improving your char. It would get boring if once there is no competition to continue bettering yourself, at least for me.

Edited by SL7yz0r

yeah, i agree with yaser, i would want no OA cap so that there is at least some way to continue improving your char. It would get boring if once there is no competition to continue bettering yourself, at least for me.

If 3 skills out of 12 are going to be capped, does it mean you have not challenge? And you can always make new char (and there is going to be buyers for capped chars).

Edited by ville-v

If 3 skills out of 12 are going to be capped, does it mean you have not challenge? And you can always make new char (and there is going to be buyers for capped chars).

That'd be kinda boring too ----- train to cap->make new char->train to cap->make new char->etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kinda like world of warcraft.

ide rather continue making my char better. With a/d caps, and no oa cap, we can do that without making it impossible for newbs that join later to compete with us.

Edited by SL7yz0r